06. Suffocating Sight [Live from Chapman Studios]
07. Down From The Sky [Live from Chapman Studios]
08. Ember To Inferno [Live from Chapman Studios]
09. In Waves [documentary]
10. In Waves [music video]

Guest review by
Svneatr
Rating:
This album is the George Costanza of Trivium's back catalog. At first listen, I absolutely HATED In Waves, I thought it was a terribly weak attempt at writing another Ascendancy, really generic and tacky. And then I left this album alone, for months.

But then I listened to it a couple more times, at random times. And... it kinda got stuck in my head... Cah-stan-zah.

Read more ››
published 22.04.2012 | Comments (9)

Found in 29 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 3

Comments: 89   Visited by: 1060 users
10.08.2011 - 05:14
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 10.08.2011 at 05:11

Written by Guest on 10.08.2011 at 05:06

This page is the battleground of the Trivium Fanboy VS. Troll war.
Wait a few years and we'll see this on the History channel.

In this great war sir. Lit. Metalhead I'll take part as one of the trolls... if its what it takes to state that this album.. sucks

Whatever floats you boat of hatred.
10.08.2011 - 05:19
Rating: 2
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 10.08.2011 at 05:14

In this great war sir. Lit. Metalhead I'll take part as one of the trolls... if its what it takes to state that this album.. sucks

Idk bout this one.. but it surely makes my boat of entertainment floats though. lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.08.2011 - 05:20
Rating: 7
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well, some of the songs turns out be really good but overall the album is "not fucking awesome" which I was really looking forward for it. It was more of old Trivium I was listening....like " The Crusade" riffs, little bit contextual with "Ascendancy" vocals and lyrical theme was where I was really bored. It's a decent album with one time listen.
10.08.2011 - 05:21
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 10.08.2011 at 05:19

Written by Guest on 10.08.2011 at 05:14

Idk bout this one.. but it surely makes my boat of entertainment floats though. lol

Mine, too.
10.08.2011 - 06:36
Void Eater
Account deleted
Ok, but srs ppl, getting butthurt over Trivium is like soooooooo 2006. They're declining in popularity, this album is getting mixed reviews from fans; they won't be around that much longer.

Oh, and lol at this review for Ascendancy- "Watch out for this band twenty years from now. They will be as influential to so many as bands like Sabbath, Slayer, and Metallica were before them."

10.08.2011 - 15:11
Kenos
Account deleted
Watch out for this band twenty years from now. They will be as influential to so many as bands like Tokio Hotel, Soulja Boy Tell 'Em and Crazy Frog.
10.08.2011 - 21:54
Steve Harris likes this band, if it's good enough for him...
12.08.2011 - 06:19
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by DreamNightmare on 10.08.2011 at 21:54

Psh, what does Steve Harris know about metal?
12.08.2011 - 12:27
Rating: 5
malaikat
Written by Guest on 12.08.2011 at 06:19

Steve Harris likes his daughter's metal band. Enough said. He just "loves" them so he can hire them to perform before Maiden shows when touring, thus attracting younger fans to Iron Maiden. Hell, I'll love Slipknot if it gets some more money and more fans.
12.08.2011 - 23:52
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
It's OK. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but so far it's kinda boring to me compared to what I am used to from them.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
13.08.2011 - 15:42
hadriel
Love how Trivium albums always bring about this 'hipster metalheads' vs. 'Trivium fanboy' bickering. Please continue to entertain the rest of us.
15.08.2011 - 14:21
Written by malaikat on 12.08.2011 at 12:27

Written by Guest on 12.08.2011 at 06:19

Steve Harris likes his daughter's metal band. Enough said. He just "loves" them so he can hire them to perform before Maiden shows when touring, thus attracting younger fans to Iron Maiden. Hell, I'll love Slipknot if it gets some more money and more fans.

I don't think younger fans need attracting to Maiden, they do a pretty good job of that by themselves (and the older generation playing the music to their kids)
As for Lauren Harris, I think there is an element of 'having' to like it there... she is his daughter afterall, I don't think he'd be inclined to say her bands shit even if he thought it haha. Plus her touring with Maiden meant that he got to spend some more time with her which was probably very nice for him.
Lots of people hate Trivium, Lots of people hate Maiden, Lots of people hate Metal. Opinions are very much like assholes - everybody's got one. Who's to say what's right. If you like it great, and if you don't, well that's just fine too.
17.08.2011 - 03:10
Septicfish
[Post removed]
----
Ave Lucifer cornuta Magnus, Sanctus Satanas, dator vitae aeternae et signifer libero.
17.08.2011 - 03:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Watch out for this guy man, he'll fuck you up if you don't like his favorite bands.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.08.2011 - 04:13
JD
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.08.2011 at 03:18

Watch out for this guy man, he'll fuck you up if you don't like his favorite bands.

Thanks for clearing it up, muahahah
17.08.2011 - 15:24
Rating: 10
Prometheus
Written by Guest on 09.08.2011 at 22:36

Written by Prometheus on 09.08.2011 at 15:13

Written by Guest on 24.05.2011 at 04:52

Well, after hearing In Waves, I can tell that this album will be a complete piece of emo/core shit. If you like Oli Syke's sexy hair, than this will be the album for you. If you like metal, this will make you puke. And to think, Shogun was actually a decent album.

you're completely wrong i ve got it yeah a grey so dark and all of this yesterdays and watch the world burn are pretty hardcore but some songs like dusk dismantled ,a skyline severance and chaos reigns are METAL and i think that this album is unsane. shogun first of all its not decent its perfection, and this band has trash influencies (not in in waves but shogun and the crusade) so dont call this as metal for emo or whatever because there' s only metal not fake metal or true metal.
i dont give a fuck i love metal and this band.

Yes, my analysis based on the first song was wrong. The title track was easily the worst song, the rest of the album was pretty good. But quit trying so hard to be 'metal'.

dunno i like it . for me is awesome everyone can say his own opinion
17.08.2011 - 21:47
silenius
All who listens to trivium likes to fill their ears with poop, POOOP I SAY! I´d rather listen to nyancat(mexican version) for 15 hours that one trivium song, pure fucking shit
20.08.2011 - 18:46
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by silenius on 17.08.2011 at 21:47

All who listens to trivium likes to fill their ears with poop, POOOP I SAY! I´d rather listen to nyancat(mexican version) for 15 hours that one trivium song, pure fucking shit

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.08.2011 - 07:29
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Honestly after this album it feels that have taken a step back from their sound and even their looks. The newer stuff is very very over produced. I do miss their old stuff, I wish that someday they can start throwing in some of their older material....but by the looks of it that goal is far and beyond.
21.08.2011 - 12:23
lukasshole
Honestly i think trivium are kickass, ive seen them live too, but i cant stand in waves, i mean i just cant get into it ae, and the fact that matt and corey got hair cuts just adds to the pile negatives on this album.
22.08.2011 - 10:32
Rating: 2
Moosh666
I heard the title track on a local metal radio station, the DJ actually apologized before playing it, I can understand why due to the song sounding like it was written by a try hard 10 year old, it's worse than Morbid Angel's new song 'I Am Morbid', same lyrical maturity though.
24.08.2011 - 12:06
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Septicfish on 17.08.2011 at 03:10

If you don't like it, stay off the fucking page and move on - even if you absolutely hate Trivium, it's best to keep your mouth shut and your eyes glued to whatever it is you actually do like, whether it's a nice big penis or a man's juicy ass. Otherwise, I'll bite your tongue off and sew your mouth shut, understood? Good, now run along like a good little troll and SOD OFF.

Try to be a bit more offensive, I beg you sir.
24.08.2011 - 12:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 24.08.2011 at 12:06

Written by Septicfish on 17.08.2011 at 03:10

If you don't like it, stay off the fucking page and move on - even if you absolutely hate Trivium, it's best to keep your mouth shut and your eyes glued to whatever it is you actually do like, whether it's a nice big penis or a man's juicy ass. Otherwise, I'll bite your tongue off and sew your mouth shut, understood? Good, now run along like a good little troll and SOD OFF.

Try to be a bit more offensive, I beg you sir.

All I see him doing here is bigging up the way men's body parts sound. I think he should become a gay erotica novelist.
24.08.2011 - 20:06
Metalorgy
I never really enjoyed Trivium, they have some cool riffs but that's basically it. Anyways, I thought I might give the new album a try but after reading all the comments maybe I should keep my bucks for stuff I know I like.
28.08.2011 - 19:03
Night Sight
It is really disappointing.i really liked older stuffs by trivum and i am a fan of them . but this one is not worth to listen to
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
31.08.2011 - 21:20
Storchillarn
Written by Night Sight on 28.08.2011 at 19:03

It is really disappointing.i really liked older stuffs by trivum and i am a fan of them . but this one is not worth to listen to

Agreed. Shogun was really promising but the new one is really boring. At least it's better than The Crusade IMO.
04.09.2011 - 15:07
deepinside
You probably give 10 last the agonist album you know anything about metal go and listen madonna,
04.09.2011 - 19:54
imspazzen
I liked it composition wise but I can't stand the vocalist :/
07.09.2011 - 17:44
Prometheus
Written by Guest on 09.08.2011 at 19:44

Written by Prometheus on 09.08.2011 at 15:17

i fucking agree with you who judge this as garbage dont understand a fuck about metal because they have great solos on their albums and pretty trashy songs.

Yeah, a clean and aseptic technique is actually the only thing we can credit to this band.
As for the rest, you just said it: trash.

when i said trash i ment trash metal influencies like the crusade .so do not misunderstand me, i love this album and the previous ones.and you hate this band just because the stupid realo or fake i mean they wanna do metal in all the way possible. they can't do it? i dont give a fuck. i like all the kinds of metal and i dont judge real or fake
07.09.2011 - 17:45
Prometheus
Written by Guest on 09.08.2011 at 22:36

Written by Prometheus on 09.08.2011 at 15:13

Written by Guest on 24.05.2011 at 04:52

Well, after hearing In Waves, I can tell that this album will be a complete piece of emo/core shit. If you like Oli Syke's sexy hair, than this will be the album for you. If you like metal, this will make you puke. And to think, Shogun was actually a decent album.

you're completely wrong i ve got it yeah a grey so dark and all of this yesterdays and watch the world burn are pretty hardcore but some songs like dusk dismantled ,a skyline severance and chaos reigns are METAL and i think that this album is unsane. shogun first of all its not decent its perfection, and this band has trash influencies (not in in waves but shogun and the crusade) so dont call this as metal for emo or whatever because there' s only metal not fake metal or true metal.
i dont give a fuck i love metal and this band.

Yes, my analysis based on the first song was wrong. The title track was easily the worst song, the rest of the album was pretty good. But quit trying so hard to be 'metal'.

the solos are good the screams are good whats wrong with this band,to be not metal?

Hits total: 23079 | This month: 49