Metal Storm logo
Korpiklaani

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 18.05.2006 - 01:53
Korpiklaani are a brilliant and original folk metal band from Finland...
They have recently finished their new album, Tales Along This Road...

What does everyone think of thie album and the band?
06.09.2009 - 02:19
claudiaao
Account deleted
They will be performing in Argentina on November 12!!!!!!!! In a place called Teatro Colegiales (Federico Lacroze 3455)
Looking forward to seeing their show!!
10.09.2009 - 14:59
Is it just me or the Vodka lyrics in metalstorm are way off. "you're a gun train" "bomb of nature" ? wtf ?
13.09.2009 - 03:35
Robstar
The new album is quite good!!! Makes me want to drink Vodka ... jajaj... Stolichnaya specially ... jaja ... I''ll give i a 7.5...
----
Nothing is unreacheable
16.09.2009 - 00:01
Janne
Hugin
Written by Metalmorphosis on 10.09.2009 at 14:59

Is it just me or the Vodka lyrics in metalstorm are way off. "you're a gun train" "bomb of nature" ? wtf ?

yeah I noticed that too xD I'd have edited it but I couldn't.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
29.11.2009 - 11:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
When you drink vodka, you often say fukking stoopid things...so why not in song about it?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.01.2010 - 01:12
Amorphis
Vodka is very impressive.
The lyrics are simple and meaningful.

Out of respect for nature,
our vodka and drinkers.
Promising, that the vodka
we reserve, is as pure as it was
thousands of years ago
13.01.2010 - 00:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Just sounds like a bunch of drunks trying to rationalize their alcoholism to me...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.01.2010 - 01:25
Lord_Regnier
Written by Doc G. on 13.01.2010 at 00:34

Just sounds like a bunch of drunks trying to rationalize their alcoholism to me...

Agreed.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
13.01.2010 - 14:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And what is exactly so wrong about that?

oh sorry, i forgot - no place for humor in serious trve kvlt metal...
----

13.01.2010 - 22:21
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 13.01.2010 at 14:03

yup I agree with you. Those who can't stand fun listen to doom metal or so.. but please don't post to this topic.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.01.2010 - 10:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Janne on 13.01.2010 at 22:21

Written by Ellrohir on 13.01.2010 at 14:03

yup I agree with you. Those who can't stand fun listen to doom metal or so.. but please don't post to this topic.

I'll post wherever the hell I feel like, thank you. My comment was in response to someone trying to say Korpiklaani's lyrics are genius. Seriously, they make Manowar look like poets.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.01.2010 - 11:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Maybe, but the thing is, those people who come to visit and enjoy Korpiklaani gigs really arent expecting Vergilius or Shakespeare...they are about to have couple of beers (or vodkas) and then mess around the pit having great fun
----

14.01.2010 - 17:18
Kinetic
Written by Ellrohir on 14.01.2010 at 11:31

Maybe, but the thing is, those people who come to visit and enjoy Korpiklaani gigs really arent expecting Vergilius or Shakespeare...they are about to have couple of beers (or vodkas) and then mess around the pit having great fun

And that pretty much explains why they have went downhill lately...

It's folk metal and drinking songs, at some point, they run out of ideas and everything sounds the same. I believe they should stimulate their creativity over funny stories...leave the drunk dwarf alone!
14.01.2010 - 21:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
On the other hand - if band suddenly starts sounding "different" it is insulted by "fans" as well...so why to try something "new"?
----

18.01.2010 - 11:42
baldur
It would be awesome , if they released an other idja or shamanic album, gotta love that yoik singing style
22.01.2010 - 06:33
MetallicA
Written by Ellrohir on 14.01.2010 at 11:31

agreed! Just saw them a few days ago FINALLY! I actually had a hangover that day so I didn't feel like drinking lol but I still had a great time and they made me forget I was hungover

I also got drenched in their lead singer's beer (among everyone else who was near the front haha) and he passed out 2 beers for the crowd to drink out of!

Excellent band, excellent show!

I have a few of their albums, I need to get their earlier ones though...will probably do that in the near future.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
29.01.2010 - 04:48
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Terrible music....beer metal for teenage delinquents
06.02.2010 - 00:06
Misandry
I actually went to one of their shows a few weeks ago, and holy cow. I seriously think that's one of the best shows I've ever been to in my life. Not because of the lyrics, which barely anyone could hear. Not even really because of the bands (speaking of which, White Wizzard suddenly became decent just before they went on-stage for the show). And definitely not because I was drunk, given that I don't drink at shows.

The thing that made the concert so great was the crowd that came to see them. There were plenty of people singing along, and dancing, and moshing. There were a lot of people who were dressed up, too. And everyone was so ridiculously happy to be there (this was the first time Korpiklaani had ever come to our state, after all) that the whole concert was just amazing. It felt like a renaissance faire, but with heavy guitars and electricity.

As for the music itself, yeah, the lyrics can be silly and redundant. What a catastrophe, right? But the music is still a lot of fun. I mean, half the time I just listen to the violin or the drums, and the rhythm that they make creates a convivial feeling. It's music for a party, or a happy event. Like... a wedding. Or a birthday. Or a funeral, if you're a part of some cultures.
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
14.02.2010 - 14:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Guest on 29.01.2010 at 04:48

beer metal for teenage delinquents

well...i am neither teenager (for a couple of years already ), nor delinquent, nor beer-liking person
----

16.02.2010 - 00:24
JÄY
Metal slave
Every metal fan should have one korpiklaani album...that shit is fun....but one does the job
28.12.2010 - 03:52
Sulac
Is there an album with a bunch of yoiking? I want that one.
28.12.2010 - 14:44
RavenKing
Written by JÄY on 16.02.2010 at 00:24

Every metal fan should have one korpiklaani album...that shit is fun....but one does the job

Then I guess I'm a non-metal fan and a poser, even if I'm listening to Thrash and Black Metal almost every day, because I never bought and will never buy a Korpiklaani album.
By the way, even if you like this crap, all you need is one album, since it's the same bullshit all the time.
I can ensure you I don't need any Korpiklaani album.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
28.12.2010 - 16:48
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by RavenKing on 28.12.2010 at 14:44

Written by JÄY on 16.02.2010 at 00:24

Then I guess I'm a non-metal fan and a poser, even if I'm listening to Thrash and Black Metal almost every day, because I never bought and will never buy a Korpiklaani album.
By the way, even if you like this crap, all you need is one album, since it's the same bullshit all the time.
I can ensure you I don't need any Korpiklaani album.

sweet deal, bro
29.12.2010 - 18:02
Malevolent-Jim
I can listen to Korpiklaani in short bursts only. I find them too samey and boring.
Now, they would probably be more enjoyable live than on record. I can imagine them being the type of band to get a party going, but Moonsorrow or Agalloch they are not.
31.12.2010 - 16:20
Kitty
Those guys babble so bad about how they get wasted on daily basis, you would've expected them to be quite a drinkers... but when I met them, each one of them had like, a 1/3 corona (except from the violinist, who actually drank vodka). How fucking lame.

Their music's nice, though.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
21.01.2011 - 12:55
Black_Sheep
I find this band extremely weak. Stupid lyrics, boring songs. And some of their melodies are from old childrens songs. But it sells in the USA. And that's why they have done the same album over and over again.

Oh, and i don't consider Korpiklaani as a metal band, more like folk/dance group with distortion guitars. Absolutely horrible.
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
21.01.2011 - 17:46
The Turbanator
Man I fucking love this band. Somehow rather you'll start to love them. It's a "happy-drunk" band.

Can't wait for their new album. It's gonna be killer.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
24.01.2011 - 18:16
Elodie Artour
Slania

Oh, seriously? How lame of you, dude.
I am a teenager but I HATE beer. So what? Should that prevent me from liking Korpiklaani?

Korpiklaani have been on the list of my favourite bands for years. I absolutely love what these guys do although some of their songs and records are actually totally crappy. Last year, I had the chance to finally see them live and they made an amazing show. The audience was extremely happy and cheerful - headbanging, drinking, dancing and sining along. (In other words - having FUN.) Even the shitty sound in the hall didn't bother us much. After all, Korpiklaani is a party band, so nobody should expect sophisticated lyrics and complex songs. If you don't like them, well fine - it's okay with me. However, insulting us Korpiklaani fans and talking/writing all that kind of crap about the band itself is lame.

P.S.: Delinquent fans - wtf?!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
24.01.2011 - 18:29
ForeverDarkWoods
I put my only Korpiklaani album that I got for my birthday a bunch of years ago up for trade somewhere a while ago. Gonna see if I can trade it with some kid who might want it.

Who knows, maybe I'll get something.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
25.01.2011 - 16:58
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 24.01.2011 at 18:16

Oh, seriously? How lame of you, dude.
I am a teenager but I HATE beer. So what? Should that prevent me from liking Korpiklaani?

Quote:

Of course not, Im not telling anyone what to listen to or not, go for it I just think they totally are not good at all

Quote:

...although some of their songs and records are actually totally crappy. ..

See, you understand my point afterall.

Quote:

However, insulting us Korpiklaani fans and talking/writing all that kind of crap about the band itself is lame.

I think youve been on this site long enough to know that you have to be somewhat thick-skinned because most people who dont like a certain band will say it lol. I just find this band utterly unlistenable with terrible lyrics and dumb/predictable songs.

Similarly many people dont like the music I like, but at least like some people on here I dont hound every single thread about a specific band that I dont like only to write as much bad shit about them as I possibly can So I suppose if I was, say, Bittercold, you could expect a much bigger onslaught all the time about a band you like and he dislikes. So consider yourself lucky I suppose..