‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 343  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by IronAngel on 27.05.2014 at 16:49
You might want to check Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and of course the original) for some cyberpunk stealth-action-RPG goodness. The gameplay is a little different to Mass Effect but the idea is close enough to make the comparison and say it's a lot better. Fairly good maps that allow for different approaches. It is not as epic and cinematic storywise, and you have no party, but it's pretty solid.

If you can grab the Dragon Age: Origins unlimited pack off a Steam sale, it's some really good party-based RPG adventure with a lot of alternative beginnings and strong companion characters, and combat in real time or in tactical mode. If you like old isometric RPGs, this is probably the best modern game to bring you back to Baldur's Gate days.

Page 34 of 34

FUCK Vietnam

10.05.2016 at 20:16
Written by IronAngel on 18.04.2016 at 22:54

Playing Gothic 1 now, it is a slow start and gameplay/control scheme is rather off-putting, but I've heard too many good things to give up (and also since I bought the trilogy and want to try the second one too).

Also, don't laugh, but I just played through Half-Life for the first time. I played it around the early 00s for the first time, but wasn't into it and didn't get very far. I finished it pretty quickly now, but it was a bit of a let-down after all the hype. The best game ever, really? Deux Ex, System Shock 2 and Thief were all better games, IMO, and that's only accounting for first-person games from the same era. Game was linear as fuck, no story reason to push on like you do - you only get where you're going by several convenient, unpredictable accidents (like falling from a pipe into the exact corridor you need to get to, although you had no reason to be in that pipe in the first place), and it wasn't really challenging. But it was a fun, captivating ride nonetheless. Good but not stellar.

Hahahaha coool! Btw actually half life game is for group of people playing interactively, or also online.. If you play it singlely then i also consider its like killtime stuff.. Its game for group ppl which is why popular and famous cuz group ppl funs each other.. Anyway you werent into, it is right resonable cuz if you truly into game as like arts fan then half life is just dick game.. I play it long ago but not getting joy besides interactive with ppl quite annoyed, lost team hates winning team,and its very popular game in asia.
SolemnBastion

29.05.2016 at 18:58
Mostly:
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO): Random fragging every now and then.. I don't follow the whole league and tournies, just casually. Cheaters and smurfs ruin a lot of the game's fun though.. (but those are everywhere I guess)
- Cities Skylines: Best city building and planning game to this day, imo. Also play it casually, laying out roads and "designing" some projects here and there. Relaxing game, but time flies too fast when playing it.

other:
Pro Evo Soccer, NBA 2K, GTAV, .. and a ton of other games in my steam-library I haven't yet bothered with..
----
SOLEMN BASTION (distro) is an ADVOCATE of LEFT HAND PATH and OBSCURE art, based out of the Benelux.

https://solemnbastion.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Solemn-Bastion-448330452029415/
http://solemnbastion.tumblr.com/
The Shape 1973

30.05.2016 at 00:20
Had to stop playing for a while, left wrist totally fucked. Decades of playing has caught up with me. Wrist sounds like a cement mixer now, can't feel two of my fingers.
----
I inhaled a bean.
IronAngel

31.05.2016 at 11:46
Just started Underrail. Holy fuck it's good. The gameplay is really interesting, so many build options and different strategies. It's an isometric turn-based RPG blatantly inspired by Fallout 1 & 2 and infinitely superior to them in terms of playability. The story and dialogue I have yet to form an opinion on, but it seems pretty vanilla and has not been so highly praised, so if that's all you cared about in Fallout then don't get your hopes up. You're playing a single character in a post-apocalyptic underground cave/railway system, but thanks to the number of action points and different tools you have, there's actually more tactics to a turn than if you played a full party.

If you dig old-school turn-based RPGs, get it. Could be the best thing the genre has had to offer in years, certainly deeper than the great Shadowrun relaunches.
Dima

31.05.2016 at 16:36
Written by Overrwatcher on 10.05.2016 at 13:16

As a formerly huge gamer (started slowing down after I bought 500+ games and realized most games are either uninspired or limited by low budget), Overwatch has been the game I've been playing nonstop like no other. Best shooter to come out in years, by far. It's ridiculously polished, plays incredibly smoothly, and is very balanced compared to its competitors (still has balance issues, McCree literally outclasses every non-Tracer offense and Lucio outclasses all supports). Giving nearly every hero headshots is a great addition to the TF2 formula, and every ultimate feels extremely meaningful to a team situation.

Other than that, it's just League of Legends, Tales of Maj'Eyal, and Diablo III. Same old.

You're right. It's smooth and polished with varied and fairly well balanced classes but while the beta was fun for a while it got old for me very quickly. Definitely not my type of MPFPS. I hate how team oriented it is. I hate how short some of the the game modes are. I hate how most of my teammates don't realise you gotta be near the cargo to move it. I hate how you spawn 3 light years away from the action so if you're a brute it takes 3 centuries to reach the action. I hate how it takes a good minute for shit to even start. If you've got a thesis due in 3 days and you just need a game to play it's defs the game to choose. So long spent idle and waiting for shit to start it kills me ;-;
----
|A New Power is Rising|
Overrwatcher

04.06.2016 at 12:33
Written by Dima on 31.05.2016 at 16:36

Written by Overrwatcher on 10.05.2016 at 13:16

As a formerly huge gamer (started slowing down after I bought 500+ games and realized most games are either uninspired or limited by low budget), Overwatch has been the game I've been playing nonstop like no other. Best shooter to come out in years, by far. It's ridiculously polished, plays incredibly smoothly, and is very balanced compared to its competitors (still has balance issues, McCree literally outclasses every non-Tracer offense and Lucio outclasses all supports). Giving nearly every hero headshots is a great addition to the TF2 formula, and every ultimate feels extremely meaningful to a team situation.

Other than that, it's just League of Legends, Tales of Maj'Eyal, and Diablo III. Same old.

You're right. It's smooth and polished with varied and fairly well balanced classes but while the beta was fun for a while it got old for me very quickly. Definitely not my type of MPFPS. I hate how team oriented it is. I hate how short some of the the game modes are. I hate how most of my teammates don't realise you gotta be near the cargo to move it. I hate how you spawn 3 light years away from the action so if you're a brute it takes 3 centuries to reach the action. I hate how it takes a good minute for shit to even start. If you've got a thesis due in 3 days and you just need a game to play it's defs the game to choose. So long spent idle and waiting for shit to start it kills me ;-;

While I don't like how short the games are (I literally had a 1 min 19 second win that played exactly like this video, same map, same hero, same "clean up first fight and ult second fight"), I don't think the spawns are too bad in terms of running back. Defense is far back for a reason, a teamwipe for defense should be a significant blow if you don't have a teleporter up. If anything, the attacking team spawns TOO close to the action. With two equally skilled teams, attack will always win. It's not a matter of if you win, it's when. Three attackers dying is far less punishing than three defenders dying. And with how many push-oriented ultimates there are (Lucio, Zenyatta, Winston, D.Va), there is no need for attackers to be punished so lightly for their deaths. The competitive scene is taking a "stopwatch" approach by giving points to whichever team wins faster, because otherwise every game would end up being tied.

The team aspect of the game makes it painful to play soloqueue, but that is why it's a blast to play with friends. Even playing with bad friends is better than playing solo.

I have 53 hours played, excluding beta time. The game isn't even two weeks old yet. I think I have a problem.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
ANGEL REAPER

04.06.2016 at 13:25
Back on Duke Nukem 3D. Im playing some community episode called Duke Hard and its awesome.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Dima

13.06.2016 at 10:20
Written by Overrwatcher on 04.06.2016 at 12:33

If anything, the attacking team spawns TOO close to the action. With two equally skilled teams, attack will always win. It's not a matter of if you win, it's when. Three attackers dying is far less punishing than three defenders dying. And with how many push-oriented ultimates there are (Lucio, Zenyatta, Winston, D.Va), there is no need for attackers to be punished so lightly for their deaths. The competitive scene is taking a "stopwatch" approach by giving points to whichever team wins faster, because otherwise every game would end up being tied.

I have 53 hours played, excluding beta time. The game isn't even two weeks old yet. I think I have a problem.

This smells like a whole lotta bad game design if you ask me.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
Overrwatcher

13.06.2016 at 12:23
Written by Dima on 13.06.2016 at 10:20

Written by Overrwatcher on 04.06.2016 at 12:33

If anything, the attacking team spawns TOO close to the action. With two equally skilled teams, attack will always win. It's not a matter of if you win, it's when. Three attackers dying is far less punishing than three defenders dying. And with how many push-oriented ultimates there are (Lucio, Zenyatta, Winston, D.Va), there is no need for attackers to be punished so lightly for their deaths. The competitive scene is taking a "stopwatch" approach by giving points to whichever team wins faster, because otherwise every game would end up being tied.

This smells like a whole lotta bad game design if you ask me.

The game is brand new and hasn't had any balance patches yet, and Blizzard is looking into the issue. And if they could take the utter piece of shit that was Diablo 3 and make it actually good with Reaper of Souls, I'm pretty sure they can take an already great game in Overwatch and fix the issues.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
Dima

15.06.2016 at 18:41
Written by Overrwatcher on 13.06.2016 at 12:23

The game is brand new and hasn't had any balance patches yet, and Blizzard is looking into the issue. And if they could take the utter piece of shit that was Diablo 3 and make it actually good with Reaper of Souls, I'm pretty sure they can take an already great game in Overwatch and fix the issues.

I dunno, maybe i'm being a bit harsh/unrealistic but to me these are fundamental issues that should have been dealt with way before release.
----
|A New Power is Rising|

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.