‹‹ Back to the Metalstormers Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 295  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2014 at 19:43
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 31.12.2014 at 19:36
I know quite a few public school teachers, and I would have to say that this assessment is quite unfair. Most of them work very hard with the very few resources provided to them by their administrations and the city. Here in the inner city, most of them are teaching at least 30 kids per classroom. Many of those kids are immigrants with little-to-no English language knowledge and at risk kids with absentee parents. Instead of being able to actually teach children, government and administration force teachers to prepare students for standardized testing. Of course, these tests are in English, and for an administration that won't even pay for a Spanish or Arabic translator, it's impossible to actually expect these teachers to teach the test material with any sort of effectiveness.

I've kept in touch with some teachers from public school and high school (and talk "intimately" with some of them at my college) and there are two volunteers who are teachers that work with me at the homeless shelter and I have to say it sounds like one of the most challenging jobs in the world. The reason why some of them appear apathetic or careless is because they've been either beaten down by the system they work in (politics at work in this field just as much as any other) or by the parents of the kids they've TRIED to help (aka parent because most people think Disney programs should be responsible for instilling morals in children).

Essentially, you can't win as a teacher. You either follow the rules and receive plenty of undo hate for it, or you bend them a little and receive plenty of undo hate for it. And at the end of the day, it's a career like any other, so you can't fault a teacher for looking out for their future. It's challenging enough impossible as it is just to get into a full-time position, and not everyone is content to do that for 50+ years even with all the benefits and pension and "time off".

Page 34 of 34

Bad English
Masterchief

25.04.2015 at 15:47
Going out don't means same as going to café, bar, restaurant or pizzeria. It means going out as walk in the fields, city streets, forest or desert sands.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
no one

Today at 00:07
Written by Bad English on 25.04.2015 at 15:47

Going out don't means same as going to café, bar, restaurant or pizzeria. It means going out as walk in the fields, city streets, forest or desert sands.

yes it does
----
hipster fag
Bad English
Masterchief

Today at 00:12
Written by no one on Today at 00:07

Written by Bad English on 25.04.2015 at 15:47

yes it does

no it doesn't. I don't like pay and I don't like parasite, and I have no money I don't like 6 times overpaid shit
I don't get french Italians , nagging no money and same times goes out and eat, drink.

Why I should overpay ... man I paid sek 28 for coffe yesterday, pack of coffe cost sek 40 and enough for month... I have no need sit in street caffee, oif I want I can sit in city park for free or in big stone in middle of forest
----

no one

Today at 00:37
Written by Bad English on Today at 00:12

no it doesn't. I don't like pay and I don't like parasite, and I have no money I don't like 6 times overpaid shit
I don't get french Italians , nagging no money and same times goes out and eat, drink.

Why I should overpay ... man I paid sek 28 for coffe yesterday, pack of coffe cost sek 40 and enough for month... I have no need sit in street caffee, oif I want I can sit in city park for free or in big stone in middle of forest

But "going out" could mean going out anywhere, whether it involves money or not .......i'm not sure i understood what you originally meant.
----
hipster fag
Bad English
Masterchief

Today at 00:44
Written by no one on Today at 00:37

Written by Bad English on Today at 00:12

But "going out" could mean going out anywhere, whether it involves money or not .......i'm not sure i understood what you originally meant.

95% when you say lets go out, it means we will go to bar somewhere

I know what it means ... walks, and so on
----

no one

Today at 01:58
Written by Bad English on Today at 00:44

no it doesn't

....anyway... in the real world....i hope cynic wasn't affected by that massive earthquake in Nepal.
----
hipster fag
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS

Today at 02:35
Written by no one on Today at 01:58

Written by Bad English on Today at 00:44

no it doesn't

....anyway... in the real world....i hope cynic wasn't affected by that massive earthquake in Nepal.

He actually posted in some thread offering his worries about the MSers on his area, so I take it that he's ok (?)
----
( ˘ﮦ ᴗ ˘ﮦ) ♪ '
Bad English
Masterchief

Today at 03:11
I saw his FB activity he is alive
----

no one

Today at 05:48
Written by Karlabos on Today at 02:35

He actually posted in some thread offering his worries about the MSers on his area, so I take it that he's ok (?)

There's other MS users in his area?
----
hipster fag
IronAngel

Today at 11:26
"Going out" is an idiom specifically associated with going on a date or going to a bar/café/some other entertainment venue. I'm sorry, Bad English, but that's Good English. If you just want to refer to the space beyond your house, you can say "Going outside" or specify, "Going for a walk" or "Going to the park." Technically, "let's go out" could mean anything outside your current space, but that's not the idiomatic use so you can only blame yourself for any misunderstandings caused.
Bad English
Masterchief

Today at 12:09
Written by IronAngel on Today at 11:26

"Going out" is an idiom specifically associated with going on a date or going to a bar/café/some other entertainment venue. I'm sorry, Bad English, but that's Good English. If you just want to refer to the space beyond your house, you can say "Going outside" or specify, "Going for a walk" or "Going to the park." Technically, "let's go out" could mean anything outside your current space, but that's not the idiomatic use so you can only blame yourself for any misunderstandings caused.

Ppl don't many understand, lets go out they will be taken to bar and I will pay, fuck sake where is romance, forest walk, swomp walk, I do it often ... it don't take all money out of pocket
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.