Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.05.2006 - 05:10
Necrophagist is one very sick technical DM band. They have released two albums, Onset Of Putrefaction and Epitaph. Their first one (or should I say his), Onset, was made soley by the guitarist/vocalist Muhammed Suicmez.
For those of you who have never seen or heard Muhammed, let me assure you that he is a GOD
Evidence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM&search=necrophagist
Sick band, sick player. What do you think??
25.06.2006 - 00:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 25.06.2006 at 00:39

Written by Guest on 20.06.2006 at 23:55

I do admit Necrophagist is pretty good just not nearly worth the hype. A hell of a lot better than Nile anyways.

What's wrong with Nile?

Nile is just too fucking awesome. That is what is wrong with them.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.06.2006 - 09:41
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...i havent heard about nile before, cant give my opinion about them...but i can say again necrophagist is an excellent band with great talented members....mmm i wonder when would i get to see them live...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
25.06.2006 - 19:34
Stigmatized
Written by nana.MD on 25.06.2006 at 09:41

hmm...i havent heard about nile before, cant give my opinion about them...but i can say again necrophagist is an excellent band with great talented members....mmm i wonder when would i get to see them live...

Check Nile out for sure. Amazing band, my favorite. Egyptian Metal, oh yeah.....
25.06.2006 - 20:06
fire101
Account deleted
Haha, Egyptian Metal, I rather like that.....

At any rate, I enjoy Necrophagist a good bit. They are nice and heavy, yet very technical in their approach. Nice stuff.
25.06.2006 - 20:23
Sellathurai
Necrophagist is an amazing band... but lately
with the comparison to other tech death metal bands like say....
ATHEIST... they just don't seem as great for some reason
anybody feel the same way?
or no it's just me
----
On The Wings of Euphoria...
25.06.2006 - 22:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I've heard someone say that the riffs from Necrophagist are very complex, but they don;t include much time signature changes.. and Atheist do. That makes Atheist more technical then Necrophagist. Sounds like a Cryptic Myth post to me..
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.06.2006 - 07:31
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Sellathurai on 25.06.2006 at 20:23

Necrophagist is an amazing band... but lately
with the comparison to other tech death metal bands like say....
ATHEIST... they just don't seem as great for some reason
anybody feel the same way?
or no it's just me

hmm...they're different, i dont think you cant compare them because they r totally different spite the genre...i like both groups alot but still prefer necrophagist

@Dream_of_Hate: i've always wanted to hear some egypcian metal!!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
27.06.2006 - 20:02
Sellathurai
Necrophagist is interesting, fast, and complex
that maybe for some people and that's how i feel
but there's band probably in the same genre of tech death metal that can bring more as well
after a few spins of Epitaph though i feel blown away by the solos, and bored because they're isn't much stuff hiding that you'd be like wow that part was there or what i mean is finding something new in the songs?
----
On The Wings of Euphoria...
27.06.2006 - 22:42
Endoftherainbow
Written by CrypticMyth on 04.06.2006 at 10:32

Written by mvikred on 25.05.2006 at 05:23

Written by Richard on 24.05.2006 at 21:15

I really like Necrophagist, although I only have the second album 'Epitaph' so I may check out the debut at some stage too. They're so technical it's staggering at times, but importantly they manage to craft memorable riffs as well, and even during the moments with strange, awkward time signatures it somehow manages to have a certain groove to it without seeming overly jarring.

if u ask me , they dont make much use of off time signatures

I concur. But their technicality is a lot more upfront and blatant rather than subtle. Beacause of this, many people without any knowledge of music theory, time shifts, scales etc. etc., think that Necrophagist are over-the-top technical, while they aren't that.
I'm just peeved that many people say that they are the most technical band ever.

Anyhow, I like this band a lot. I prefer the first album, Onset Of Putrefaction than the second one(even though Epitaph was more Martyr-esque). Muhammed Sucimez is one HELLUVA guitar player and I really like the riffs he writes.

Yeah it is very annoying when people say they are the most technical bands ever. You are 100% correct IMO about "their technicality is a lot more upfront and blatant rather than subtle" which is why alot of people seem to think they are so technical. On the other hand though I really like this band. Muhammed Sucimez writes some really cool riffs. My favorite aspect about this band though is the bass it reminds me alot Steve DiGiorgio who is my favorite bass player. I prefer the second album over the first though because the drumming is much better on it.
28.06.2006 - 07:46
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Written by Endoftherainbow on 27.06.2006 at 22:42

Written by CrypticMyth on 04.06.2006 at 10:32

Written by mvikred on 25.05.2006 at 05:23

Written by Richard on 24.05.2006 at 21:15

I really like Necrophagist, although I only have the second album 'Epitaph' so I may check out the debut at some stage too. They're so technical it's staggering at times, but importantly they manage to craft memorable riffs as well, and even during the moments with strange, awkward time signatures it somehow manages to have a certain groove to it without seeming overly jarring.

if u ask me , they dont make much use of off time signatures

I concur. But their technicality is a lot more upfront and blatant rather than subtle. Beacause of this, many people without any knowledge of music theory, time shifts, scales etc. etc., think that Necrophagist are over-the-top technical, while they aren't that.
I'm just peeved that many people say that they are the most technical band ever.

Anyhow, I like this band a lot. I prefer the first album, Onset Of Putrefaction than the second one(even though Epitaph was more Martyr-esque). Muhammed Sucimez is one HELLUVA guitar player and I really like the riffs he writes.

Yeah it is very annoying when people say they are the most technical bands ever. You are 100% correct IMO about "their technicality is a lot more upfront and blatant rather than subtle" which is why alot of people seem to think they are so technical. On the other hand though I really like this band. Muhammed Sucimez writes some really cool riffs. My favorite aspect about this band though is the bass it reminds me alot Steve DiGiorgio who is my favorite bass player. I prefer the second album over the first though because the drumming is much better on it.

I'm glad you understood my point
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
30.07.2006 - 02:59
Stigmatized
I've been thinking, and I think the solo from "Fermented Offal Discharge" may be my favorite solo ever.
30.07.2006 - 07:17
Aresius
Account deleted

this may be one of the most technical bands ever...Muhammed is a fuckin genious...the solos are just above everything death metal bands offer today...bass lines are clear and can be heard...unlike most death metal bass players, Stefan Fimmers has great technique. Drum patterns and tones are great, etc...I got really impressed by these guys...wow
30.07.2006 - 10:10
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Muhammed is a great guitarist... thats all
30.07.2006 - 12:26
W-Lash
Metal Master
They are very technical, but:
1)vocals sucks;
2)you can't listen it more than one song. Solos all the time+that weak vocals make these songs crap.
31.07.2006 - 01:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Weak vocals? What are you talking about? His voice is monstrous. It's loud and extremely low....even live his voice is great.
31.07.2006 - 01:30
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
Extremely good guitar skills and technique do not make up for being uninspired, which is why I can't stand Necrophagist.
31.07.2006 - 01:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How are they uninspired
31.07.2006 - 05:38
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...well, i followed your advice and have been listening to nile for a while...you guys are right, it's an amazing band and i love the lyrics!!...i can actually say im beggining to become their fan ...anyway comparing them to necrophagist i'd say i still like more necrophagist although nile has amazing songs, and they are extremely talented...necrophagist is still more impressive for me upto know, can't say what my opinion would be after listening more nile...

@W-Lash:...dude i don't agree with u at all, mohammed's voice is amazing, he has great growl power and i think one of the things that make them so speacial and unique is the combination of vocals and solos...imo they are not also solos all the time, they are very technical and original...
----
31.07.2006 - 14:29
Cut-Throat
excellent band this! hope they get more appreciated with their newer releases they release in the next few years! the epitaph album is a brilliant I love the song seven!
31.07.2006 - 21:48
Bartulus
Written by Lucas on 25.06.2006 at 22:31

I've heard someone say that the riffs from Necrophagist are very complex, but they don;t include much time signature changes.. and Atheist do. That makes Atheist more technical then Necrophagist. Sounds like a Cryptic Myth post to me..

And that is why I like Necrophagist more than Atheist. Necrophagist riffs are insanely difficult (at least for me) to play - and a lot of time signature changes is not really my style.
01.08.2006 - 15:06
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"I've been thinking, and I think the solo from "Fermented Offal Discharge" may be my favorite solo ever."

Its definately up there in mine too. It was totally unexpected when i heard the song. I was like "this song is awesome!" then out pops this amazing solo and the song just got better and better!

"Check Nile out for sure. Amazing band, my favorite. Egyptian Metal, oh yeah..... "

I remember how dissapointed this kid at my school was when i told him Karl Sanders and the rest of Nile werent from Egypt
01.08.2006 - 17:35
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 15:06

"I've been thinking, and I think the solo from "Fermented Offal Discharge" may be my favorite solo ever."

Its definately up there in mine too. It was totally unexpected when i heard the song. I was like "this song is awesome!" then out pops this amazing solo and the song just got better and better!

"Check Nile out for sure. Amazing band, my favorite. Egyptian Metal, oh yeah..... "

I remember how dissapointed this kid at my school was when i told him Karl Sanders and the rest of Nile werent from Egypt

I can't get enough of that solo man. Everytime I listen to Fermented Offal Discharge, I have to replay the solo.
01.08.2006 - 22:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 15:06

Haha yeah, a friend of mine just kept believing they came from Egypt. Whilst they are american.

Though, George Kollias, that name could be Egyption, I think.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is the Necrophagist thread, not the Nile thread.
----

01.08.2006 - 22:21
ylside
Staff
Same here, I keep replaying the solos of Only Ashes Remain and Fermented Offal Discharge each time I put some Necrophagist... one of the best neoclassical solos I've heard so far !!
02.08.2006 - 02:59
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Finally found 'Epitaph' and im absloutely blown away. I had checked out the free tracks on their site a couple of months ago and was really impressed but the whole album is just amazing! Great guitar techniques and solos are all so clean... now i know why they say Joe Haley from Psycroptic has the same style as Muhammed Suiçmez. Also i really enjoy the catchy bass lines throughout, though i have yet looked over the lyrics, i was just taken in so much by the musicmanship that i didnt notice all that much... only thing i do recall is that the growls were cool.

They've definatly won my support
----

Hellcunt Smurf
02.08.2006 - 03:39
Stigmatized
@ylside-I have to agree with you on that.

@Xtreme Jax-Have you heard Onset yet? I prefer it to Epitaph and that's saying something.
02.08.2006 - 03:46
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Stigmatized on 02.08.2006 at 03:39

@Xtreme Jax-Have you heard Onset yet? I prefer it to Epitaph and that's saying something.

Liked it more than this great piece of work? Unfortunatly no i havent, but i will put an order in for it. Thanks
----

Hellcunt Smurf
02.08.2006 - 03:47
Stigmatized
Written by Xtreme Jax on 02.08.2006 at 03:46

Liked it more than this great piece of work? Unfortunatly no i havent, but i will put an order in for it. Thanks

A purchase I guarantee you will not regret.
02.08.2006 - 03:51
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Stigmatized on 02.08.2006 at 03:47

.. and coming straight from you Im sure you'll be right
----

Hellcunt Smurf
02.08.2006 - 03:54
Stigmatized
Written by Xtreme Jax on 02.08.2006 at 03:51

Written by Stigmatized on 02.08.2006 at 03:47

.. and coming straight from you Im sure you'll be right