Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.05.2006 - 05:10
Necrophagist is one very sick technical DM band. They have released two albums, Onset Of Putrefaction and Epitaph. Their first one (or should I say his), Onset, was made soley by the guitarist/vocalist Muhammed Suicmez.
For those of you who have never seen or heard Muhammed, let me assure you that he is a GOD
Evidence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM&search=necrophagist
Sick band, sick player. What do you think??
02.08.2006 - 23:44
thanatos_7
I think Necrophagist is the most influential tech death band, with the albums of onset of putrefaction and epitaph that are masterpieces indeed.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
02.08.2006 - 23:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
More influential than Atheist? I don't think so...

I like Necrophagist better than Atheist, but Atheist released their masterpieces way before Necrophagist did.
04.08.2006 - 17:18
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Picked up 'Onset Of Putrefaction' Reissue today and finally got around to listening to it, 9 hours later.

I thought Epitaph was a great album... this one is just as good, absolutly amazing!! The solos are kick ass and its more brutal than the latest. Definaly would want to hear their works before 'Onset Of Putrefaction' to see how they sounded when they started compared to now. Still dont think the level that their music would be far off from what they play at present.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.08.2006 - 18:00
Stigmatized
Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.08.2006 at 17:18

Picked up 'Onset Of Putrefaction' Reissue today and finally got around to listening to it, 9 hours later.

I thought Epitaph was a great album... this one is just as good, absolutly amazing!! The solos are kick ass and its more brutal than the latest. Definaly would want to hear their works before 'Onset Of Putrefaction' to see how they sounded when they started compared to now. Still dont think the level that their music would be far off from what they play at present.

I wouldn't mind hearing their earlier material as well. Glad you like Onset.
04.08.2006 - 18:49
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Stigmatized on 04.08.2006 at 18:00

Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.08.2006 at 17:18

I wouldn't mind hearing their earlier material as well. Glad you like Onset.

Like it? I Loved it! I can see why you like it more than Epitaph ... Personally i think they are just both amazing.

Also guess it would be near impossible getting any of their previous works huh?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.08.2006 - 19:58
Stigmatized
Probably, unless they reissue it, which isn't out the question. Onset was reissured in 04' I think.
04.08.2006 - 23:00
thanatos_7
Written by Dangerboner on 02.08.2006 at 23:52

I like Necrophagist better than Atheist, but Atheist released their masterpieces way before Necrophagist did.

i meant now, that Necrophagist is the most iinfluential band in the techdeath metal scene now.
----
05.08.2006 - 01:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Oh, then in that case I think you're right
18.08.2006 - 08:12
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by thanatos_7 on 04.08.2006 at 23:00

i meant now, that Necrophagist is the most iinfluential band in the techdeath metal scene now.

...i think you are right, they are becoming a big influence for metal scene now, i wish technical death metal grew up more and more, because imo it's one of the best genres...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
18.08.2006 - 08:37
bloodygore
Account deleted
IMO Probably the best band to have ever come out of Germany (and Germany is a god damn amazing Metal country). Definately a very influencial band to many Technical Death Metal bands that are forming, even to Brutal Death Metal bands because their instruments are so extreme... they're insane.
18.08.2006 - 11:04
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I only got hear thier latest (first time I had ever heard them) thanks to a friend a few days ago... absolutely loved what I heard, I couldn't stop laughing because of how brilliant it was...
18.08.2006 - 13:32
abraxas
Account deleted
incredibly tight band. i love onset, possibly even more than epitaph. very impressive for a one-man show. : )
19.08.2006 - 20:26
ylside
Staff
Onset of Putrefactions has been remastered and got 2 new songs from the '95 demo. The sounds is really better!!
19.08.2006 - 23:10
Stigmatized
I finally have both of their albums on CD. Now I get to hear complete guitar mastery wherever I go.
23.08.2006 - 03:51
thanatos_7
Written by nana.MD on 18.08.2006 at 08:12

Written by thanatos_7 on 04.08.2006 at 23:00

...i think you are right, they are becoming a big influence for metal scene now, i wish technical death metal grew up more and more, because imo it's one of the best genres...

You are absolutely right, the tech death metal scene must grew up and become a bigger scene long live the tech death metal!!!!!!
----
12.09.2006 - 07:21
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Necrophagist, are a sick band, with some of the most talented guys i have ever seen, they makes some really awsome and really technical stuff, im actually pretty lucky i get to see NEcrophagist, dying Fetus and Cannibal Corpse in November its gonna be a sick show and everyone who knows about NEcrophagist playing live, everyone says "there is gonna be no mosh pit and no one headbanging because everyone will just be looking at muhammed playing the guitar, they will all be mezmerized by his playing" and i would dought it, i am probally end up doing that for the first song or two, and then after that ill be like, alright time to not start at them play their guitars and shit, lol. But their an amazing band the release of Epitaph was a little late from the last one they release but both of the albums i would buy without a dought two amazing albums. one Amazing Band.
12.09.2006 - 23:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Immortal Plague on 12.09.2006 at 07:21

Necrophagist, are a sick band, with some of the most talented guys i have ever seen, they makes some really awsome and really technical stuff, im actually pretty lucky i get to see NEcrophagist, dying Fetus and Cannibal Corpse in November its gonna be a sick show and everyone who knows about NEcrophagist playing live, everyone says "there is gonna be no mosh pit and no one headbanging because everyone will just be looking at muhammed playing the guitar, they will all be mezmerized by his playing" and i would dought it, i am probally end up doing that for the first song or two, and then after that ill be like, alright time to not start at them play their guitars and shit, lol. But their an amazing band the release of Epitaph was a little late from the last one they release but both of the albums i would buy without a dought two amazing albums. one Amazing Band.

lol when I saw them people were either moshing or staring with their eyes and mouths wide open. I did a little of both.
13.09.2006 - 01:21
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Well i could see people moshing cause their stuff is brutal at times, but you would have to look at every playing, you will never see anything like that again in your life, nothing that amazing, and that sounds that good and that brutal, and to comment about Atheist being better then Necrophagist, Atheist are an amazing Technical Death Metal band, and yes they came out before Necrophagist, but Necrophagist are the new era of Technical Death Metal, but even better, their more brutal, more talented, and the riffs and solos are even more intense, without a dought even tho they came later Necrohpagist is a better band by far.
13.09.2006 - 14:01
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by thanatos_7 on 02.08.2006 at 23:44

I think Necrophagist is the most influential tech death band, with the albums of onset of putrefaction and epitaph that are masterpieces indeed.

Seriously ?? dont tell me ... necrophagist has nothing to do with technical death metal influence. They are just 8 years old , and Muhammed is a killer guitarist .. they are doing great and will be legend in they continue giving the stuff.

Atheist Cynic Demilich are few of the name which are influence for most of the tech dm.
14.09.2006 - 02:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Immortal Plague on 13.09.2006 at 01:21

Well i could see people moshing cause their stuff is brutal at times, but you would have to look at every playing, you will never see anything like that again in your life

Exactly! I had to resist the urge to mosh because I just had to watch Muhammed play the guitar.
14.09.2006 - 03:57
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 14.09.2006 at 02:59

Written by Immortal Plague on 13.09.2006 at 01:21

Well i could see people moshing cause their stuff is brutal at times, but you would have to look at every playing, you will never see anything like that again in your life

Exactly! I had to resist the urge to mosh because I just had to watch Muhammed play the guitar.

It's a possibility that I will see them in December. I usually don't mosh so I would just watch him rape his guitar.
18.09.2006 - 14:30
ElizabethBathory
Account deleted
Perfect music. I would be glad to watch such a rape. Lucky you!
20.09.2006 - 12:04
kaitlyn
Account deleted
REALLY REALLY want to see these guys live! They cancelled the last two shows that I wanted to go and see. =[
Apparantly because Mohammed Suicmez doesn't like the other band members stealing his food or something... Haha.
That's metal!

On a more on topic note, pretty much loved Necrophagist from the minute I listened to them.
Tech + tunes + a little helping of cheese NEVER did any harm!

PLUS boys who can play necrophagist are my special fetish. ;]
20.09.2006 - 17:08
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 20.09.2006 at 12:04

REALLY REALLY want to see these guys live! They cancelled the last two shows that I wanted to go and see. =[
Apparantly because Mohammed Suicmez doesn't like the other band members stealing his food or something... Haha.
That's metal!

On a more on topic note, pretty much loved Necrophagist from the minute I listened to them.
Tech + tunes + a little helping of cheese NEVER did any harm!

PLUS boys who can play necrophagist are my special fetish. ;]

where abouts in the UK do you live? and which show would you be seeing them at?

i really want to see Necrophagist live, they are quite something when you hear them for the first time
my problem is i dont know what dates i would be able to go to though because of university - and if its too far away it would cost too much
20.09.2006 - 18:38
Ithildin
Account deleted
Shuttit! I live in Glasgow and I have nane chance of seeing them at all, hahah.

But I can play their stuff so I'll sweep away in my room happily. ;);)
20.09.2006 - 19:01
kaitlyn
Account deleted
ok, its taking a year to let me quote you so i'll just quick reply!
i'm from south west england orginally
but i'm moving to brighton this week so i'll probably be looking to go to the london shows
and yeah, i have the same problem with university being strict on missing hours etc so tis a bit frustrating!
=/
20.09.2006 - 19:38
kaitlyn
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.09.2006 at 18:38

Shuttit! I live in Glasgow and I have nane chance of seeing them at all, hahah.

But I can play their stuff so I'll sweep away in my room happily. ;);)

ahahah, gutted on you tomm!
i'll let you come stay with me if they play and you have money to come visit!
=]

ps- just imagining you playing necrophagist now... YUMM!
x
20.09.2006 - 21:36
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh, i have my ticket here for Bloodstock festival for the last Friday of the week so i really really hope i dont have anything important that day because i must go to Bloodstock

ill just have to see about Necrophagist when i get my timetable
20.09.2006 - 21:37
Quardt
Account deleted
FUCK this is amazing i gotta se this guy live some day... these music really kicks ass
27.09.2006 - 19:24
Twist
Twisted Kid
My friend told me about this band of monster players who do some really tight and agressive music with musicality,great solos,skill and thought. Well,I had to check it out. The band I'm talking about is Necrophagist and it's some of the best death metal I've heard in a while! Love it.
----
Is this where we suffer LOL