‹‹ Back to the Rock forum Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Users visited: 101  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Doc Godin on 14.12.2006 at 10:09
I just noticed that theres no Thread to simply discuss Hair Metal, Glam Rock, and Sleaze Metal/Sleaze Rock. Hair metal is what eventually lead me into all sorts of other types of metal, if it wasnt for bands like Cinderella, WASP, Guns N Roses, and Motley Crue, I never wouldve found things like black metal, death metal etc.

So come and discuss all things that fall under this Genre(s)

PS.-Theres been alot of posts saying that GnR isnt hair metal, thats why I put in 'sleaze rock/sleaze metal'. its simply a small term for bands like skid row, GnR, Aerosmith, and Lynch Mob, who were almost like hair metal, but with a grittier bluesier feel to it. Not so polished as alot of hair metal.

oh, and to those of you who are new to glam/sleaze and are looking for recommendations definitly go to TheRealThing, that guy knows probably more about this subject than anyone on metalstorm combined, believe me, its unholy.

Page 6 of 6

Bad English
nobody

11.06.2013 at 07:33
According to MA he is/was Lita Ford husbind?

Can anybody prove, share whit me any more officaial link, like some bigger media, offical bands pages etc about his death?

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Jim_Gillette/165634
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
DyingWorld

31.07.2013 at 06:23
"Inside the Electric Circus" is as glam as W.A.S.P. gets. Not their best, considering the two albums before and after it. Especially, "The Headless Children" and "The Crimson Idol", which have nothing to do with glam. Two amazing METAL albums.

I love the first two from Motley and would consider "Shout At the Devil" to be a REAL metal album. "Too Fast for Love" being more of a badass rock n roll album than anything else. I don't consider Guns N Roses or Twisted Sister to be glam in any sense of the word. Ratt are inconsistent but when they're good, they're great. I will say that if I hear "Round and Round" one more time, I'm wasting everybody. The first EP and some songs off "Out of the Cellar" are cool. I heard one of their newer songs and thought it was great. I'll have to check out "Infestation" sometime.
Lit.
Brütal Legend

31.07.2013 at 23:09
Written by DyingWorld on 31.07.2013 at 06:23

I love the first two from Motley and would consider "Shout At the Devil" to be a REAL metal album. "Too Fast for Love" being more of a badass rock n roll album than anything else.

Agreed. It's really punkish compared to Shout, but it's still one of their better ones.

Written by DyingWorld on 31.07.2013 at 06:23

Ratt are inconsistent but when they're good, they're great. I will say that if I hear "Round and Round" one more time, I'm wasting everybody. The first EP and some songs off "Out of the Cellar" are cool. I heard one of their newer songs and thought it was great. I'll have to check out "Infestation" sometime.

Infestation was pretty good. Check out Invasion Of Your Privacy as well, if you haven't. Lay It Down and You're In Love are some of their best songs.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
deadone
Mainstream Whore

14.02.2014 at 02:55
Written by slutmachine on 21.03.2012 at 05:15

Sleaze is coming back

Gimmee sleazy glam rock anyday over all this new stuff.

Music about beer, babes and bikes is so much more fun to listen to than some borderline suicidal, depressive dirge.

Though not Steel Panther who are just crass for crassness sake.

Guns N Roses are still up there as one of my favourite bands.
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

05.03.2014 at 03:22
Wow, Glam/Hair/Sleaze is such a touchy subject with some people.. so many haters..

I used to be really into the genre back in High School(04-08), right around the time that the genre was rebounding, in fact Dirty Penny is from my hometown and me and my friends even made our own Sleaze band. Now I only listen to on occasion, and mostly the Sleaze Metal aspect, which thank you for pointing out the difference between Glam and Sleaze. Sure its a fine line but for fans that are truly into the genre, not just people looking from the outside in, its a distinguishable line.

As far as Sleaze goes these are probably my favorite bands: Vains of Jenna, Crashdiet, Motley Crue, Skid Row. Other Rock bands I like that are more classic RnR but still could be associated with Sleaze are Guns N Roses, Taking Dawn and The Darkness.

And here's my band, let me know what you think. https://myspace.com/stripthis69/music/song/drink-away-remastered-13445506-13246690 Drink Away, Dirty Rockin Woman and All for One are our bands songs, don't know what the rest is myspace is obviously messed up lol
----
pewpew.. gotcha

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Login or register to post here.