Metal Storm logo
Motörhead

20.05.2006 - 23:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
as by many requests i have decided to move the Motörhead forum thread out of extreme and moved it under here, under melodic there is the 'heavy' subcategory so i found it appropriate to move it to here. Anyways, more discussion about Motörhead.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.05.2006 - 22:45
Deucehound
Account deleted
I own Ace of Spades, very classic album. I like Motörhead, they take a very punky, aggressive musical approach, with a strong hard rock/heavy metal punch. Lemmy though just says that the band is rock, he doesn't like being called metal, I'm not sure why. Motörhead influenced alot of thrash bands with their sound. They deserve alot of respect for their influence as well as their members, since Lemmy is probably one of the coolest people on the face of the earth. Not only is he a general music god, having been a roadie for Hendrix and playing in bands since that time, he has alot of experience under his belt. Overall this band can't disappoint anyone. Some of their albbums might be alittle weak, but they have alot of high points. If you see them live, you'll literally be blown away.
25.05.2006 - 00:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Author on 24.05.2006 at 22:45

I own Ace of Spades, very classic album. I like Motörhead, they take a very punky, aggressive musical approach, with a strong hard rock/heavy metal punch. Lemmy though just says that the band is rock, he doesn't like being called metal, I'm not sure why. Motörhead influenced alot of thrash bands with their sound. They deserve alot of respect for their influence as well as their members, since Lemmy is probably one of the coolest people on the face of the earth. Not only is he a general music god, having been a roadie for Hendrix and playing in bands since that time, he has alot of experience under his belt. Overall this band can't disappoint anyone. Some of their albbums might be alittle weak, but they have alot of high points. If you see them live, you'll literally be blown away.

yeah the reason he said they just wanna be called rock is because when they started out, Lemmys influences were bands like the MC5, which isnt exactly metal. And besides, they started out before the genre was widely known.
----
- George Carlin
25.05.2006 - 13:36
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Motörhead is my first love. When I had my 7th birthday(1979) I got Bomber album,loved ever since. I still got it somewhere

Lemmy's persona is incarnation of a cool rock'n roll dude everybody thinks that he is almighty god hehee

fav albums : Overkill
Ace of spades
No sleep 'til Hammersmith
Rock'n Roll

I got all their albums hehhehe
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
25.05.2006 - 19:23
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Life's a bitch
Ace of Spades

yeah .. I'm going to see Motörhead on Graspop Metal Meeting 2006 for sure!
27.05.2006 - 23:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Great band. Saw them live once, and they surely kick some big ass.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.05.2006 - 16:14
Dam3k
A cool band dunno why it was on extreme metal forum?? Well I've heard about they were the formers or the main inffluence for trash metal is that true? I haven't got the whole discography so I don't know
----

01.06.2006 - 15:37
Pierre Tombale
Elite
I just bought Overnight Sensation (few weeks ago), it seems that over the years Motörhead never changed that much and through all the years never really got worse

my albums:
Overkill
Ace Of Spades
No Sleep Til Hammersmith
Overnight Sensation
Everything Louder Than Everyone Else
Inferno
07.06.2006 - 00:12
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Mötorhead indeed still rocks after all these years !
I like Ace Of Spades and Life's a bitch
I'm going to see them live on GMM 2006 .. can't wait !
08.06.2006 - 06:43
Wolfy
Account deleted
Stay Clean!!!
29.07.2006 - 01:09
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
hahahaha, stay clean... i was reading that lemmy sold drugs to jimmy hendrix, why he didn't learn how to play from JH...hahah, but the true is that i love Metropolis song...
01.09.2006 - 02:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new Motörhead album is great. Lemmy can still rock out in his 60's lol. His voice is still the same and the riffs are great, as usual. Some of the riffs are the heaviest they've done, especially on the 10th track if I remember correctly.
01.09.2006 - 02:20
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Lemmy keeps rocking 'til he is 100 years old

I'm gonna buy the new album anyday now
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
01.09.2006 - 11:56
FOOCK Nam
I love their lyric of the song We are the road crew.
01.09.2006 - 13:19
ironman2002
Written by FOOCK Nam on 01.09.2006 at 11:56

Dude, me too! I think, after Ace Of Spades, Crew is the best song on the album.
01.09.2006 - 21:14
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Motorhead is awesome....my favorite albums are Overkill, Ace Of Spades and March Or Die...they have no bad albums really...all their stuff is pretty much more of the same so...their consistancy is uncanny....
02.09.2006 - 10:30
Valar
IndianSteel
Motorhead is an awesome "Heavy Metal" band, wonder why Lemmy prefered to call themselves a Rock N Roll Band, mebbe as they would be accepted more.
Neways, great band by great musicians, i hvnt heard there recent releases like Kiss Of Death and Inferno but there earlier releases were kick ass.
Fav Tracks - Iron Horse, Ace Of Spades, Overkill, We Are The Road Crew, No Class, Love Me Forever.
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
14.09.2006 - 00:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ironman2002 on 01.09.2006 at 13:19

Written by FOOCK Nam on 01.09.2006 at 11:56

Dude, me too! I think, after Ace Of Spades, Crew is the best song on the album.

i think 3 songs by who we all know Motorhead are ''Sce Of Spades'' ''Iron Fist'' and not so know but good from 90ties ''I aint no nice guy'' together Lemmy sings whit Ozzu and Slash on guitars

Alos good song are ''Speed Freek''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2006 - 04:08
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Slash has an participation with Motörhead? Cool!
I Knew the participation of Zakk Wylde and Ozzy Osbourne in the music Hellraiser! But Slash is news to me!

Some people always say that Lemmy Kilminster in Nazi or something, I've read something and I believe he is not!

Anyway, I simplily love Motörhead!
Their sound is to great! And they never talk about nazi ideology in their lyrics (in despite of motörhead simbology have some nazi Influence)! I know that Lemmy is 2nd WW afficionated, and that he collects Nazi 2nd World War stuff, but that doesn't means he is nazi!
I've read here, in this topic, and in other sources that he was kind a friend of Jimmy Hendrix!

Anyway... is Lemmy naz or not?
----
Last.fm
11.10.2006 - 04:11
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I just read he has strong interests in Nazis. Somewhat like Jeff Hanneman of Slayer and a number of countless others out there, including me. Being fascinated with Nazis does not make you one.

By the way, a comment for the band. They are definitive Old School Metal. Not to mention they release albums to date on par with their beginnings.
----
The force will be with you, always.
11.10.2006 - 04:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by O Sinistron on 11.10.2006 at 04:08

Slash has an participation with Motörhead? Cool!
I Knew the participation of Zakk Wylde and Ozzy Osbourne in the music Hellraiser! But Slash is news to me!

Some people always say that Lemmy Kilminster in Nazi or something, I've read something and I believe he is not!

Anyway, I simplily love Motörhead!
Their sound is to great! And they never talk about nazi ideology in their lyrics (in despite of motörhead simbology have some nazi Influence)! I know that Lemmy is 2nd WW afficionated, and that he collects Nazi 2nd World War stuff, but that doesn't means he is nazi!
I've read here, in this topic, and in other sources that he was kind a friend of Jimmy Hendrix!

Anyway... is Lemmy naz or not?

Slash play gitar only in one song, I duno how in all album, maybe who knows, Im not shore

BTW how of you knows band hawkwind?
There play Lemmy bass and I read he was recording bass in Sex Pistoles because Sid was
----

apos;'
[image]
11.10.2006 - 04:35
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
I understand being fascinated about nazi, it's somehow unbelievable (that happened and still happening), somehow majestic and evil! But more evil than the rest!
And agreeing with the fact that Motörhead is not nazi: They were friends of Ramones, and other punk bands! And the song "Just 'Cos You Got The Power" show that they have a different view from the nazis!

Now coming back to Music: I would rather classify Motörhead as heavy Rock N' Roll/Proto-Metal!
Their beat is just something!
----
Last.fm
15.01.2007 - 09:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I just found out Motorhead is opening for Sabbath w/ Dio in my city!!!!!!!!!!! and Down (with Phil Anselmo) is the opening act.....holy shit I think my sphincter and my heart just exploded at the same time.
----
- George Carlin
17.01.2007 - 01:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by O Sinistron on 11.10.2006 at 04:35

I understand being fascinated about nazi, it's somehow unbelievable (that happened and still happening), somehow majestic and evil! But more evil than the rest!
And agreeing with the fact that Motörhead is not nazi: They were friends of Ramones, and other punk bands! And the song "Just 'Cos You Got The Power" show that they have a different view from the nazis!

Now coming back to Music: I would rather classify Motörhead as heavy Rock N' Roll/Proto-Metal!
Their beat is just something!

Well Motorheaa nazi=no because only think what make thnink thay are nazi are that cross what was on german panzers its all Lemmy ear it around neck, but otherwise thay areny Nazi and Ramons are great
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2007 - 02:26
Pierre Tombale
Elite
taken from en.wikipedia.org: "Lemmy collects Nazi memorabilia, and has an Iron Cross encrusted on his bass, which has led to accusations of right-wing extremist tendencies; however, Lemmy considers himself to be an anarchist. According to Keith Emerson as written in his autobiography, two of Lemmy's Hitlerjugend knives were gifted to Keith Emerson himself during Lemmy's time spent as a roadie for The Nice. Emerson used these knives many times as "keyholders" during his famous wrestling sessions with the Hammond Organ during the shows with The Nice and Emerson, Lake & Palmer."
1. It is quite popular in Britain to collect WW2 stuff if you got the money and the affection - as stated above that would not make you a Nazi
2. The Iron Cross is not a nazi emblem, but a much older military decoration (19th century Prussia)
3. whatever

I finally got me some Motörhead DVD's
- Everything Louder Than Everything Else
- 25 & Alive "Boneshaker"
- Stage Fright
18.01.2007 - 20:01
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Written by Pierre Tombale on 18.01.2007 at 02:26

...1. It is quite popular in Britain to collect WW2 stuff if you got the money and the affection - as stated above that would not make you a Nazi
2. The Iron Cross is not a nazi emblem, but a much older military decoration (19th century Prussia)
3. whatever...

Excelent point at number 3!
Obs: Blacky by me!

I've read somewhere else that Lemmy said to be Anarchist, and it's very reasonable according to some Motörhead lyrics! I Knew the Iron Cross was a very old Militar Condecoration in Germany... anyway, it doesn't matters!

About Slash, if anyone watch the videoclip for the music 'Yesterdays' by Guns N' Roses, at the final of the clip there's a photograph of Slash playing with a Motörhead's T-Shirt!
Motörhead Rules!
----
Last.fm
18.01.2007 - 22:53
MetalGoddess
what can I say... they made history... they're some of godfathers of metal from '75... WOW!!!! well... I consider them more Heavy-Speed
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
19.01.2007 - 12:05
Doh
Motörhead forever
24.01.2007 - 01:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Damn, I just found out they dropped off the heaven & hell tour.....what a bummer.
----
- George Carlin
24.01.2007 - 05:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Doc G. on 24.01.2007 at 01:42

Damn, I just found out they dropped off the heaven & hell tour.....what a bummer.

Yeah, but at least they are replaced by Megadeth. Actually, I've heard that Megadeth isn't very good live though, while Motorhead puts on amazing shows.