Metal Storm logo
Visual Kei and JPop/Rock Poll

Original post

Posted by Linak, 22.05.2006 - 06:20

(I came across this banner, will credit/remove if necessary)

I've decided to make this a lot more interesting by turning it into a poll, since there are not so many options for voting, I was forced to put together some of the possible answers for example since Due le Quartz and Miyavi share a lot in common (at least one member lol) I put them together, same I did with L'arc en Ciel and HYDE, If you choose to vote for one of these two options please do state on your post wether you were voting for the band, or the solist, I was cLose to doing this with Malice Mizer and Gackt but I guess I'd be getting on a certain mod's nerves ^^'

There are many other bands I would have liked to feature on this poll for example BLOOD, Sex Machineguns and Lareine, just to name a few, but again the lack of space wouldn't let me, anyway I only hope this thread would be a lot more interesting than the past one because of the poll add.

Here is the stuff I had put on the last thread I had made, I will probably be posting the pics later on the thread so enjoy!

OLD THREAD:

Good day world, Linak-sama here!

After having some nice, sweet short (ha!) conversations with Blackgir and Darth Satanious at the 'Moi Dix Moi/Malice Mizer' thread, I decided it was time to have a brand new and specific thread about japanese rock/pop, and the Visual Kei movement! Yes I'm a happy girl right now!

From Wikipedia: (yah we all love wikipedia XD)

Visual Kei, literally "visual type", refers to a movement in J-Rock which started in the 1980s and became widely popular in Japan by the 1990s.

Origins:
Largely the movement is credited to have been started "almost single handedly" by X Japan, however a rising trend of utilizing visual shock to gain membership in the independent scene was well in effect by the time X went major; they may be seen in this sense not as a catalyst for the movement, but a mechanism to involve dominant Japanese popular culture with it. Bands in the early 1990s such as Luna Sea, Zi:Kill, Shazna, and Baiser along with previous bands Buck-Tick and X Japan encouraged a "boom" of this media culture.

Characteristics:
Visual Kei is characterised by bands using dramatic costumes and visual imagery to enhance the band's performance. Within Japan, the fan-base almost solely consists of girls and young women and is marketed strongly to that audience with items such as tradeable stickers, glossy photo-books, picture-postcards of band members and so on. In other countries, the comparatively small quantity of Visual Kei followers is roughly an equal division between male and female youth. Visual Kei is often focused upon in the West as a uniquely Japanese part of the Rock music scene.

Members of Visual Kei bands often wear striking makeup, style their hair in dramatic shapes (reminiscent of "glam metal" bands from the '80s) and wear elaborate costumes. Although the vast majority of the musicians are male, band members will often wear makeup and clothing which would be considered 'feminine' or 'androgynous'. Recently, some bands are returning to the more colourful and "fantastic" image popular 5 or 6 years ago, taking inspiration from computer roleplaying games and anime. The appeal of the costumes to fans is so great that large numbers of girls will cosplay as members of their favourite bands, particularly in Harajuku, at live concerts in Japan, or in North America, Chile, Spain and Australia at anime conventions.

Bands:
Visual Kei bands, being defined primarily by visual style, do not necessarily play a specific type of music. They most often play general J-rock (Luna Sea, Dir en grey) and vocal based pop or light rock (Glay, Gackt).

However, there are also bands playing or influenced by Heavy Metal (Sex Machineguns, Onmyo-Za), Darkwave (Velvet Eden, Schwarz Stein), Industrial rock, Punk rock and various other genres can be found. Taking the genre in a wide sense, most of the bands would be considered to play some kind of "rock" music. Particularly popular in recent years are the projects of Mana; Malice Mizer (now defunct) and Moi dix Mois.

Within the field of Visual Kei several popular movements have arose; the fashion style Gothic Lolita and the musical sub-genres; EroGuro and Angura Kei, which form particular visual styles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Kei

So I totally completely love this genre, for real, not only Malice Mizer, (I'm posting mostly their pictures because my computer is full of them, and I don't really have a lot of pics from other bands, shame on me I know), but there are so many, and I mean SO many bands that could be talked about, and this is what this thread is all about, bands recommendations, post lyrics translations, reviews and a whole lot of sharing and trading! Fanfiction? Why not!

Anything JROCK/VISUALKEI/JPOP related is sure as hell welcome!

Now! Who wants to share?!

I'll start first and offer ANYONE a big huge cyber hug if you can link me to Gazette's Tokyo Shinjuu lyrics translation!

Talk to me people talk to meee, any jrockers out there, this is your mating call bwahaha, come little children and speak up! I wanna see who has some reaaally good music taste over here ne! Oh and I hope Blackgir doesn't get maddy at me ^^' I mean goodie, hontou! (for real!)

Ah yes, one last thing, if you're a geek like me and sometimes post phrases in pretty pretty japanese, be a good sexy-beam and translate onegai! (please!) see how easy that was?!

Alright! *huggles* Post on! </crazyfangirlsqueals>

Poll

Favorite Visual K/JRock/JPop Band/Singer out of these:

X Japan
Dir en Grey
Other, name it
Moi Dix Mois
Gackt
Malice Mizer
Gazette
L'arc en Ciel/HYDE
Due le Quartz/Miyavi

Total votes: 56
17.10.2006 - 20:26
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
@Linak
Yeah, that is a nice song it actually grew on me quite a bit.

@Blackgir
Oh, I will have to check their other stuff as well then Yeah, the VK style is cool, too bad they washed it down then. But well, c'est la vie. Thanks again for the reccommendations. I've listened to a song of Yuki Kajiura and it sounded quite good
18.10.2006 - 00:32
AntaeusM
Elite
@Linak
I have heard Diabolos and the singles Mizerable and Vanilla. I don't know, but should I give this guy another chance after hearing one album, and two singles? Besides, Gackt is a bit out of my book if you compare it with the other Japanese musicians I like. I don't want to repeat myself, but Gackt without Mana is just bad I will try that song though. And as you know, I only like one song of Gackt, that song is "Story".

@Eddie
Not sure if washed down is the right word they made it more standard, less interesting. Oh well, as you can see I can't really find the right word for it. Just try it for yourself. Which song? maybe I know the song. Though, I am only familar with her music from .hack//SIGN and Tsubasa Chronicles.
18.10.2006 - 01:01
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
@Blackgir
'Mars' is my fav album of Gackt, but well, those 2 singles you mentioned are pretty much on that album (edit - oh, or are they not, haha, I screwed up some things on my pc xD), so not sure if it would be a wise choice

I have no idea which song it was, sorry xD it was under a Tsubasa video though, but I didn't watch it, didn't want to spoil anything for when I watch the anime. I guess there are lots of AMV's around of Tsubasa, but anyway, it was a nice song
18.10.2006 - 21:31
the dark goddess
Account deleted
I have this friend of mine and she is so obsessed with anime and with Gackt, I mean, she has like all the pictures that are available over the internet downloaded to her computer. i have heard some songs from him but i don't like them too much, just this song that is called doomsday (i think) because it is very emotional IMO. aprat from him i haven't heard other japanese rock bands : so i can't vote yet.
19.10.2006 - 00:45
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There's this one JPop band that has sweet female harmonizing vocals, distorted punkish guitar feedback and traditional Japanese musical instruments...who is this...? Or is this too general...
24.10.2006 - 03:20
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I don't know have you seen this before or not but this is one hell of a drum solo by Yoshiki most visual drum solo I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z22nSEgrAQI

No wonder yoshiki been considered best drummer in Asia
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
15.11.2006 - 11:57
AntaeusM
Elite
Ah there hasn't been any replies in this topic for too long..
Written by Guest on 19.10.2006 at 00:45

There's this one JPop band that has sweet female harmonizing vocals, distorted punkish guitar feedback and traditional Japanese musical instruments...who is this...? Or is this too general...

That is way too general, I think there are quite a lot of bands who sound that way, so.. can't really help you with that.
Written by heresiarch on 24.10.2006 at 03:20

I don't know have you seen this before or not but this is one hell of a drum solo by Yoshiki most visual drum solo I've ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z22nSEgrAQI

No wonder yoshiki been considered best drummer in Asia

Yoshiki is one amazing musician, his drumming skills are impressive. The performance you have posted is really great too. I like his classical album of the songs of X Japan. And of course the songs he has composed for X Japan. I also really like him on the piano.

I wonder if there is already any news about the band Yoshiki and Gackt might form..

And there has been so many new releases in this genre, and we didn't talk about them. *hopes to make the members here enthusiastic to talk about them*. Rentrer en Soi has released a new single, I hate the title of it, and I still have to hear it, someone else already tried it? I have heard good and bad stories about it. Oh and Kaya is going to release his first full-length album in December. I am so curious about how he will do without Hora, but I am sure he will manage(same as he did in iSola). And of course, the pinnacle of this year, the new album of Hora, but I will keep my *cough*slightly-obsessed*cough* post for myself. Unless someone here is interested in it, but I am pretty sure most of you already know what I am going to say about it anyway.
15.11.2006 - 21:19
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 15.11.2006 at 11:57

Ah there hasn't been any replies in this topic for too long..

I wonder if there is already any news about the band Yoshiki and Gackt might form..

And there has been so many new releases in this genre, and we didn't talk about them. *hopes to make the members here enthusiastic to talk about them*. Rentrer en Soi has released a new single, I hate the title of it, and I still have to hear it, someone else already tried it? I have heard good and bad stories about it. Oh and Kaya is going to release his first full-length album in December. I am so curious about how he will do without Hora, but I am sure he will manage(same as he did in iSola). And of course, the pinnacle of this year, the new album of Hora, but I will keep my *cough*slightly-obsessed*cough* post for myself. Unless someone here is interested in it, but I am pretty sure most of you already know what I am going to say about it anyway.

Hmm, havent heard anything new about that Yoshiki & Gackt thingie... so well, guess we will have to wait and see what happens with that.

About new releases, well, I'm still discovering bands and looking at previous released stuff. But for some of the new released thingies, I have to say that the new Dir en grey single is really really quite bad, it sucked. I'm still looking forward to the PV of the single, always curious about that ^^ The latest Gazette single was pretty decent, though the implementation of some female vocals, was a bit of a downfall, but otherwise it was pretty good. I haven't heard anything from the new Rentrer en Soi single though, haven't seen it around, what is the title of it?? hahah yeah, I think we will know what you will say about the new Hora thingie
15.11.2006 - 21:47
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 15.11.2006 at 21:19

Hmm, havent heard anything new about that Yoshiki & Gackt thingie... so well, guess we will have to wait and see what happens with that.

About new releases, well, I'm still discovering bands and looking at previous released stuff. But for some of the new released thingies, I have to say that the new Dir en grey single is really really quite bad, it sucked. I'm still looking forward to the PV of the single, always curious about that ^^ The latest Gazette single was pretty decent, though the implementation of some female vocals, was a bit of a downfall, but otherwise it was pretty good. I haven't heard anything from the new Rentrer en Soi single though, haven't seen it around, what is the title of it?? hahah yeah, I think we will know what you will say about the new Hora thingie

I guess so, so Gackt still didn't reply to it. Oh well, let's just wait for some more news about it.

Hm, I think I haven't heard the new Dir en Grey single, and I am sure I haven't heard the new Gazette single. Gazette never really impressed me as you know, but I think it is good they used female vocals(if the song turned out well of course). It doesn't happen often in J-rock that females sing, so it is good they used some female vocals. The new title of the single is "I hate myself and I want to...". It sounds so..emo, or something. At least, not as something a J-rock band would make. Oh well, I think I am going to search for it soon.
Yeah, so I will not say a word about Hora
15.11.2006 - 23:37
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 15.11.2006 at 21:47

I guess so, so Gackt still didn't reply to it. Oh well, let's just wait for some more news about it.

Hm, I think I haven't heard the new Dir en Grey single, and I am sure I haven't heard the new Gazette single. Gazette never really impressed me as you know, but I think it is good they used female vocals(if the song turned out well of course). It doesn't happen often in J-rock that females sing, so it is good they used some female vocals. The new title of the single is "I hate myself and I want to...". It sounds so..emo, or something. At least, not as something a J-rock band would make. Oh well, I think I am going to search for it soon.
Yeah, so I will not say a word about Hora

Yep, though I wonder if anything else has been released about it except that Yoshiki said something about it in an interview, and that was already a couple of months back right?

The new Diru single has one new song, called Agitated Screams Of Maggots, and the song sounds like the title xD For the rest there are live songs, which sound okay, I don't find Diru very potent live these days. Yeah, thats true that female vocals aren't used a lot, but it doesn't sound very well here, too American :/ Hmm, somehow that title of that song I hate myself etc sounds really familiar, did I already listened to it? ^^' I remember I listened to some other Rentrer en Soi thingies a while back, but I didn't liked it that much of what I heard. Yurikago is still a good album though
16.11.2006 - 01:05
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by Eddie on 15.11.2006 at 23:37

Yeah, thats true that female vocals aren't used a lot, but it doesn't sound very well here, too American :/ Hmm, somehow that title of that song I hate myself etc sounds really familiar, did I already listened to it?

Actually, the right way to describe those female vocals would be more like, have you ever listened to those american rap songs where there's some catchy female chorus that goes 'ooh baby ooh' and then the rapper starts singing? Well they sound EXACTLY like that haha I hated that song, even when the rest wasn't bad at all, I still hated it

Hmm, well 'I hate myself and I want to.. DIE' is a Kurt Cobain quote IF I am not mistaken and IF my memory doesn't fool me ^^'

@Blackgir: aww ^^' I love it when you get all crazy and fangirlish about Hora ^^ it is so damn adorable haha
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
16.11.2006 - 05:00
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 15.11.2006 at 23:37

Yep, though I wonder if anything else has been released about it except that Yoshiki said something about it in an interview, and that was already a couple of months back right?

The new Diru single has one new song, called Agitated Screams Of Maggots, and the song sounds like the title xD For the rest there are live songs, which sound okay, I don't find Diru very potent live these days. Yeah, thats true that female vocals aren't used a lot, but it doesn't sound very well here, too American :/ Hmm, somehow that title of that song I hate myself etc sounds really familiar, did I already listened to it? ^^' I remember I listened to some other Rentrer en Soi thingies a while back, but I didn't liked it that much of what I heard. Yurikago is still a good album though

Well, that was already quite a long time ago. It started the rumor Yoshiki and Gackt would form a band, but Gackt never replied to what Yoshiki said. It is uhm..suspicious they haven't said anything about it yet. Maybe Yoshiki discovered it wasn't possible to work together with Gackt? or Gackt isn't interested? It would be nice to hear some answers soon

hm *tries to imagine how that sounds like*. I guess I don't have to try that new single haha. Hm, maybe they did it on purpose? Now I read Linak's description of the female vocals I kinda understand what you mean. Sure they may experiment a bit with female vocals, but don't do it on that way. There are some J-rock/Visual Kei artists with good female vocals, there just aren't so many of them. the "I hate myself and I want to..." also sounded very familiar to me, in my memory there was also the word die after it. I am not sure if Kurt Cobain said it. I at least don't hope the band took this name as some sort-of tribute to them, or anything like that. Oh well, I am going to search for the single now, I am curious. You will hear my opinion about it later

Written by Linak on 16.11.2006 at 01:05

@Blackgir: aww ^^' I love it when you get all crazy and fangirlish about Hora ^^ it is so damn adorable haha

ahh*smiles*. I can type why I think the new album is so incredibly perfect, but well, I don't have the feeling anyone will reply to it, or that anyone here gave the album much attention
16.11.2006 - 16:03
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 16.11.2006 at 05:00

Well, that was already quite a long time ago. It started the rumor Yoshiki and Gackt would form a band, but Gackt never replied to what Yoshiki said. It is uhm..suspicious they haven't said anything about it yet. Maybe Yoshiki discovered it wasn't possible to work together with Gackt? or Gackt isn't interested? It would be nice to hear some answers soon

hm *tries to imagine how that sounds like*. I guess I don't have to try that new single haha. Hm, maybe they did it on purpose? Now I read Linak's description of the female vocals I kinda understand what you mean. Sure they may experiment a bit with female vocals, but don't do it on that way. There are some J-rock/Visual Kei artists with good female vocals, there just aren't so many of them. the "I hate myself and I want to..." also sounded very familiar to me, in my memory there was also the word die after it. I am not sure if Kurt Cobain said it. I at least don't hope the band took this name as some sort-of tribute to them, or anything like that. Oh well, I am going to search for the single now, I am curious. You will hear my opinion about it later

Yes, that would be nice, we are getting impatient here

Nope, I don't think either you have to try it. Female vocals in Jrock are no problem at all, its even a nice change, for example in High And Mighty Color, there the female vocals sound very nice, for the rest that band is nothing really special, but well, just an example ^^ (an intro song for Bleach which High And Mighty Color did is pretty cool). With Gazette it sounds too much the way Linak described, sucky, ah well.

I don't know it with the 'die' after it, and hehe, I didn't knew it as the quote of Cobain as well ^^' perhaps I've seen the name of single somewhere, but I just forget where and when... buuut while typing this I found the single, and I will download it a bit later, because I already have a download going at the moment. Also, I found some other thingies of them, live performances and pv's I believe. Those are always fun to see
04.12.2006 - 22:05
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
So so, anybody seen the DVD with the name Standing Live Tour 2006 Nameless Liberty Six Guns, or something like that... ^^' from Gazette? I know at least one person here that did hehe.

But anyway, its one of the better shows I've seen, ever, but I haven't seen all of it. I can't imagine though that that part I haven't seen yet will ruin the entire dvd.

Here are some screenies of the show:

I didn't had much else to do... Those pictures tell a lot about the show in the completely sold out Budokan (!!), its a very exciting show, great lightwork, cool setlist (but no Wakamerichi, I remember I've read that they always played that song, and that the crowd would sing about every word, not that that would be very interesting to see on a dvd, but as its such a well known song of them...).

Here is the setlist btw:

1. The End
2. Nausea & Shudder
3. Maggots
4. Cockroach
5. Silly God Disco
6. Akai One Piece
7. 14 Sai No Knife (Juuyon sai no knife)
8. Namaatatakai Ame To Zaratsuita Jonetsu
9. Baretta
10. D.L.N
11. Bath Room
12. Taion
13. Shadow VII II I
14. Go To Hell
15. The Social Riot Machines
16. Carry?
17. The Murder's Tv
18. Kanto Dogeza Kumiai
19. Discharge
20. Ride with the Rockers
21. Ruder
22. Cassis
23. Maximum Impulse
24. LINDA ~candydive pinky heaven~
25. Kare uta
26. Miseinen
(taken from antiPOP)

If you want to see the concert without downloading or buying it, you can view it on youtube. Here is a great song, and the rest shouldn't be too hard to find as well.

Gazette - Shadow VII II I

But if you want to have it in its entirety, google for 'Isang Mundo Gazette' and be prepared to spend some time on Megaupload, it's a great quality version! Buy it if you like it!! *cough* We don't promote downloading here on MS, so you know that

Hmm, so thats it about this. If you like Gazette, I can really reccommend getting this DVD asap. What did you think about it?

See how I didn't spill one word about Aoi!
05.12.2006 - 13:59
Feathers
Account deleted
ooh what a coincidence!! i recently watched this concert too and it is amazing!!! great pics you posted here i have to agree with you eddie, the lightwork is remarkably good

the second part has a great begining... first kai's solo, sooo good and then reita's solo

I love how you can see them enjoying every second of it, every single note. They even cry at the end And the energy they have on stage, even after three hours of non-stop playing (ruki loses his voice in the last song)... the crowd moves the same way, at the same time as if they had rehearsed for it...

I also like how they all get their chance to shine... a great concert an excellent band

my personal favorite, if i had to choose would be Namaatatakai Ame To Zaratsuita Jonetsu

Pff, i have to mention uruha's outfit... you can see his thighs
05.12.2006 - 15:57
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
What a coincidence indeed! Thanks!

Not long now anymore until I can see that too... ^^

Yeah, exactly, they are having a great time on stage. Oh really, they cry?! wow I bet the people in the crowd did rehearse those synchronisation movement thingies, back at home in their rooms I wonder here they get it from, pv's? or just other live performances they went to? I don't know...

Hmm, a favorite song, well I can't say anything about the 2nd part, but so far among my favs are Taion, hmm Shadow VI II I, and Silly God Disco too, Nausea & Shudder as well, and Namaatatakai Ame To Zaratsuita Jonetsu is really cool as well. I liked pretty much all of what they played so far. Except for Kantou Dogeza Kumiai, that went on a bit too long, though it's fun to see what they are doing on stage while they play, like messing around, kicking each other and stuff

I still don't like his cape thingie he wears, Aoi on the other hand... but you know ^^
06.12.2006 - 02:51
Feathers
Account deleted
hmm i can picture you perfectly in your room moving your arms like people in the crowd do hahaha

the mistery of reita's noseband is killing me, you know? how does he do it? he jumps he headbangs, he runs, and it doesn't move an inch... is it glued? is it part of his face already? is it reaaally thight? can he breath? does he have a nose? is he human? haha

btw it looks like you three guys took over this forum, is it me or you are the only ones posting here?
06.12.2006 - 06:59
Linak
I Own You Bitch
oh what a coincidence!! ...

pff.. *rolls eyes* and you call US cheesy, ha! X3

Anyway, the thing with Reita's nose has got to do a little bit with the Mana clones that Mana had created to take over the world, repeatedly. So the Mana-clones took Reita's nose and left a little band thingie instead, and this I know because once after the evil Kaoru puppet tried to lead the Diru boys into one trap made by the Mana-clones to take Starbucks under their control, the rest of the Dirus (except Toshiya who was chasing after the evil Kaoru puppet) went to ask the Gazette boys for help and they were all saad and stuff cause of Reita's long gone nose ^^

But duh everybody knows that *rolls eyes*

Hey pumpkin pumpkin! ^^ I love you! even mooore so than I love my enw bootsies ^^

And yeah you two are still cheesier! X3 *waves arms around* pfff okay okay I'm done NOT spamming, btw thanks for the screenies Ruud ^^ *fangirl high five* haaaha
----
06.12.2006 - 14:09
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
hahah yeah we do

Soo, thats how it went, hmm, so so these pics must be before the stolen nose, he looks joyful there, on stage he with his noseband thingie on he looks a bit more angry, damn manaclones...

Evil manaclones, whats the story with Gackt and Hyde in there then? Or are they not featured?

Here are some more pics of make-up less Gazette ^^ perhaps you already have them, but I had to post them haha

And look! He is just about to take if off, what happens next?!

06.12.2006 - 15:25
Alouqua
Account deleted
AH!! my Uruha looks SO adorable!!!!!! I'm dying...Reita nose ah? Well is not a mystery anymore, at least for me lol...
if you ask me for my fav. song i will say: Saraba... I don't know... I just love that song... I really don't know why....
Now what I love... VIDEOS!!!

They crying at the end of the Nameless Liberty Six Guns tour....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPvr_QDtjo

and watch this one, it makes me laugh so hard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3i1Qf9ePdk&mode=related&search=
06.12.2006 - 18:39
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
hahaha that part when Aoi stole Uruha's panties Thanks for the vid Alouqua, I definately have to get that dour docu now as well ^^

I have the 2nd part of the show now as well. I've seen the crying, and the great jam which is a lot of fun. I really wish I would know what they are saying. I will hunt down internet to see if I can find some parts with subs.

This video of Gazette on Heyx3 made me smile as well, and it has subs, its pretty new as well, about their new single and Ruki's dad xD ah well, just give it a watch ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSbnpiGAhTg
07.12.2006 - 00:30
Linak
I Own You Bitch
pfff that thing was ridiculous X3 ... and that's a good thing, just so you know

Ahh Ruud has a little something with Aoi <3 *giggles* I always knew it, I'm surprised though that you don't prefer Miyavi over him, cause Aoi so copied him haha *blasphemer*

And anyway, meanwhile Gackt has been kidnapped (again) by the real Mana so he could have a sex slave, or well, just a slave anyway, he likes his tea hot and pantless, and who would be better than Gackt to fulfill that duty so then Hyde is jealous and wants to find his Gacchan, so he goes over to god Yoshiki so he would help him get his Gacchan back, and bleh the rest is history, you know, lots of mansex and stuff

Bleh the Gazette aren't that cute the only one I'd consider fangirl material is probably Aoi because he copied the hell out of Miyavi, and Reita but just because I have a soft spot for flowers ^^

Ruud... instead of taking screencaps of a video you've probably watched 10 times today, go get a job! X3 haha
----
07.12.2006 - 18:38
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
haha stop giggling xD but I like Gazette's music more than Miyavi's, it bored me a little bit after a while, so Gazette is more my type with Aoi being part of that Miyavi is not bad though so don't throw rocks at me, just a bit boring after a while *hides* ^^'

ahha, thought so, Gackt is such a wuss : getting kidnapped all the time. I wonder though, what was the deal between Mana and Hyde? I remember them being in a big fight over Gackt before, soooo I guess Mana had to kidnap Gackt to get him? pff, the poor bugger, Gackt that is, having to do Mana's evil biddings, serving tea (pantless), well, I root for Hyde! and the Gazette boys, to get Reita's nose back, they will do so right? yeah, of course they will ^^

They are quite bad pics too, so that affects it a bit, I bet if it were better quality ones, it'd be lots better ^^ ah well, they are just normal people too, somewhat

I'm trying to!! hahah xD really, I do, but I have priorities these days, like homework, and and dealing with 7 hours time-difference xD it doesn't leave much time for work

Written by Guest on 06.12.2006 at 02:51

hmm i can picture you perfectly in your room moving your arms like people in the crowd do hahaha

haha I need more practicing though
07.12.2006 - 20:04
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Oh, some info bits on the new Gazette single, I didn't knew it yet

BRAND NEW SINGLE
Hyena

2007.2.7 OUT

-Optical Impression-
Limited Edition
CD+DVD

Tracklist:
1. Hyena
2. ?? [japanese]

DVD Tracklist:
Hyena MUSIC CLIP+Making of

Regular Edition
-Auditory Impression-

Tracklist:
1. Hyena
2. ?? [japanese]
3. Defective Tragedy (Bonus Track)

Official Website

So the regular edition has a track more? *shrugs* Is that usual? Ah well, it doesn't really matter, looking forward to it. It's released on the same day as the new Diru full-length. 'The Marrow of a Bone'. I hope that won't be like the single 'Agitated Screams of Maggots'... and that Gazette dropped the hiphop cliché female vocals and the singing in english...

About 'The Marrow of a Bone', taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:
While no official track list has been made available so far, the album is expected to have 13 tracks in total, including recent singles "Ryoujoku no Ame" and "Agitated Screams of Maggots" as well as a re-recording of "Clever Sleazoid". The limited edition comes with a bonus CD, featuring classical arrangements of songs from the album.
07.12.2006 - 23:27
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 07.12.2006 at 18:38

Miyavi's, it bored me a little bit after a while, so Gazette is more my type with Aoi being part of that Miyavi is not bad though so don't throw rocks at me, just a bit boring after a while *hides* ^^'

Finally, one person who realizes how talentless Miyavi is. I don't agree about the entire Aoi & Gazette thingie though. There is so much Gazette fanboy/girlism is this topic lately. and..and..I don't like Gazette so much. I wonder how you people can discuss so much about Reita's nose. What Linak explained is common knowledge. We all know that. Hmph..

and well, we only throw rocks at Miyavi. so don't worry about that. At least, I only throw rocks at Miyavi, don't know about the other posters in this topic
so, Eddie, can you maybe explain what part of Miyavi is so boring? his music? his image? anything related to Miyavi?

Oh, and just 3 more weeks and Kaya's first album will be released. *tries to change the topic into a more talented..I mean, a different artist*. I am looking forward to the album. I am curious how Kaya, and Kalm will sound like. It will not be as good as Schwarz Stein(Kaya without Hora just isn't the same). oh well, we will see. Oh..and in 5 days..*smiles*uhm, nevermind not Jrock related :
07.12.2006 - 23:59
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 07.12.2006 at 23:27

Written by Eddie on 07.12.2006 at 18:38

Miyavi's, it bored me a little bit after a while, so Gazette is more my type with Aoi being part of that Miyavi is not bad though so don't throw rocks at me, just a bit boring after a while *hides* ^^'

Finally, one person who realizes how talentless Miyavi is. I don't agree about the entire Aoi & Gazette thingie though. There is so much Gazette fanboy/girlism is this topic lately. and..and..I don't like Gazette so much. I wonder how you people can discuss so much about Reita's nose. What Linak explained is common knowledge. We all know that. Hmph..

and well, we only throw rocks at Miyavi. so don't worry about that. At least, I only throw rocks at Miyavi, don't know about the other posters in this topic
so, Eddie, can you maybe explain what part of Miyavi is so boring? his music? his image? anything related to Miyavi?

Oh, and just 3 more weeks and Kaya's first album will be released. *tries to change the topic into a more talented..I mean, a different artist*. I am looking forward to the album. I am curious how Kaya, and Kalm will sound like. It will not be as good as Schwarz Stein(Kaya without Hora just isn't the same). oh well, we will see. Oh..and in 5 days..*smiles*uhm, nevermind not Jrock related :

Wouldn't say he is talentless, he has some talents haha, don't double sense that! and I guess Veronica and I were a little oblivious to the whole story behind it, but for that we have Laura of course xD

What part of Miyavi is boring? Hmm, I lost interest in his music, I listen to some of his songs of Miyavizm from time to time, but hardly. For the rest, anything related with Miyavi is still pretty okay. Is it true btw that his ex-girlfriend got stabbed by fans??

I don't have much to say about Kaya ^^'

Hahah 5 days now eh? ^^
08.12.2006 - 01:02
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 07.12.2006 at 23:59

Wouldn't say he is talentless, he has some talents haha, don't double sense that! and I guess Veronica and I were a little oblivious to the whole story behind it, but for that we have Laura of course xD

What part of Miyavi is boring? Hmm, I lost interest in his music, I listen to some of his songs of Miyavizm from time to time, but hardly. For the rest, anything related with Miyavi is still pretty okay. Is it true btw that his ex-girlfriend got stabbed by fans??

I don't have much to say about Kaya ^^'

Hahah 5 days now eh? ^^

Hey, I am not the person here who double sense everything. Remember I am dutch too! well..now you think he is boring, in a few months you will say he is talentless. Kinda looking forward to that no longer the only person who dislikes Miyavi, hah. Well, you can also discover such information yourself The Mana clones, Reita's nose, and Gackt's kidnapping, I already know that for so long. Believe me, it is common knowledge but yes, Laura keeps me updated about it too. It isn't like Reita's nose is something I will search for myself. Hora's circle(and his dogs, rented by Mana), of course Mana and Hyde fighting over Gackt, that sort of thing interests me much more

ah his music gets boring? I understand, that doesn't really surprise me. well, you don't have to ask me that, I am not a Miyavi fanboy, as you know

well, you don't have to, just try his album when it is released and yes, 5 days..oh no, 4 days, the clock just passed midnight. oh..I am going offtopic again. this is not related to Jrock
08.12.2006 - 02:51
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Stop badmouthing Miyavi you two! X3 ! He's just too cool and you two are jealous! haha Veronica help me here!! >.<

Oh his ex girlfriend got stabbed? that wouldn't surprise me, that's why jrockers keep their lives more private than any other musicians I know or have heard of , or stalk .

Ahh, the mods are getting offtopic ^^ what an example you two are giving! nono, bad boys.. and you aren't fooling anyone, you're turning mexican with every passing second
----
08.12.2006 - 20:11
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 08.12.2006 at 01:02

Hey, I am not the person here who double sense everything. Remember I am dutch too! well..now you think he is boring, in a few months you will say he is talentless. Kinda looking forward to that no longer the only person who dislikes Miyavi, hah. Well, you can also discover such information yourself The Mana clones, Reita's nose, and Gackt's kidnapping, I already know that for so long. Believe me, it is common knowledge but yes, Laura keeps me updated about it too. It isn't like Reita's nose is something I will search for myself. Hora's circle(and his dogs, rented by Mana), of course Mana and Hyde fighting over Gackt, that sort of thing interests me much more

ah his music gets boring? I understand, that doesn't really surprise me. well, you don't have to ask me that, I am not a Miyavi fanboy, as you know

well, you don't have to, just try his album when it is released and yes, 5 days..oh no, 4 days, the clock just passed midnight. oh..I am going offtopic again. this is not related to Jrock

haha I know, but I bet Laura and Veronica will read that too, or already did. hmm, I guess we will see, but I think I won't say he is talentless, some songs are still fun of his. I really didn't knew about it, I got some catching up to do So tell me more ^^

haha I know, but I bet Laura and Veronica will read that too so perhaps they know more about it but it seems like Laura didn't knew about it, judging from her reply xD ah well, think I read about it somewhere on a forum, but I can't remember anything of it besides that his ex-gf got stabbed.

I will give it a try, but the outcome is predictable still, I would be curious.

Written by Linak on 08.12.2006 at 02:51

Stop badmouthing Miyavi you two! X3 ! He's just too cool and you two are jealous! haha Veronica help me here!! >.<

Oh his ex girlfriend got stabbed? that wouldn't surprise me, that's why jrockers keep their lives more private than any other musicians I know or have heard of , or stalk .

Ahh, the mods are getting offtopic ^^ what an example you two are giving! nono, bad boys.. and you aren't fooling anyone, you're turning mexican with every passing second

heheh but I did say he had some talents

Its sick though... getting stabbed by some 'fan'girls...

haha ah well, we are only human too!
10.12.2006 - 08:14
Feathers
Account deleted
omg!! no i didn't know about her girlfriend getting stabbed either... you know you're the one that keeps me updated in fangirl news, eddie

And about all that Miyavi calumny i agree with linak, you're jealous! He's cool, hot and gives damn good yaoi... blackgir, being "the only person who dislikes Miyavi" doesn't give you a clue that you're walking the wrong pad?? hahaha (oops, i think i'll get on his nerves)

hmm, hey guys can you tell me what's the deal with x-japan?, (yeah i'm too lazy to do internet research) you know i'm new at this, so any info will be appreciated

yeaah we're turning you into mexican dutchies you'll be done in a couple of weeks

and just to keep this offtopic thing... it's only 2 days now