Metal Storm logo
Trivium

Original post

Posted by , 23.05.2006 - 05:50
well i think trivium is really cool .. really good good band.They are metalcore with some trash influences. however they are an awesome band with great guitarrists,nice bass and good drumming and well a good voice (some parts are really hard and you get bored) but i think THEY ARE AWESOME..I will see them on s.o.t.u with as i lay dying and cannibal corpse
What's your opinion about this band ?
14.10.2006 - 12:27
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.10.2006 at 10:27

^^^ I agree. It always comes off as the band having to add an addition label to their song so the general public can identify what the song actually is. I.E. - widespread commercial music for the simple-minded masses whom apparently need the repetitious chorus as the title. You would also think that the band would just drop the title that isn't in parentheses, since obviously no one is going to relate to that.

I agree, drop them since the barindead morons can't obviously relate to it... they're too busy being metalcore and all...
22.10.2006 - 19:54
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Is the new album worth getting? I heard a few songs on myspace, and they were pretty good except for the vocals. I really liked one song, "To The Rats" I believe it was called.
23.10.2006 - 18:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've only heard "Detonation" from the new album, it is good although the chorus is pretty embarrassing. But not as pathetic as the vocalist and his hillarious "James Hetfield voice", I laughed a lot when I heard it the first time
----
23.10.2006 - 20:16
jadawal
I've heard Trivium over 300 times, I've seen about 30 of there live shows, and have about 60 or their albums, but for some reason they go with different band names sometimes? It just don't make sence, and pretty much all their albums sound the same, all 60 or so of them. I wonder why they change their name so much? All their songs have the same structure too! Weird... Intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus, outro.

Oh wait a second...they're different bands....ohhhh......just playing the same music over and over....ohhhhh....that makes sence....

These bands just put me to sleep.... Thumbs down on Trivium.
26.10.2006 - 15:54
Sunioj
They have good guitarists and incorporate a melodic gothenburg sound. Thats all that I like about Trivium. I do think almost all their songs sound alike.
26.10.2006 - 17:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yes, all the song sounds the same, I guess.
----
27.10.2006 - 01:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Trivium is a modern day version of the Spice Girls. They're a band that was basically put together by the record label and I"m willing to bet that the band members themselves don't have much influence over their sound. It's almost as if the record studied how to make songs that would immediately appeal to ignorant people not only by how they sound, but by how they look.
29.10.2006 - 13:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
I read that someone wrote a book about Trivium without the bands knowledge. I mean, how good can that book really be without interviews with the band?
----
29.10.2006 - 19:55
RavenLord
Written by Dangerboner on 27.10.2006 at 01:50

Trivium is a modern day version of the Spice Girls. They're a band that was basically put together by the record label and I"m willing to bet that the band members themselves don't have much influence over their sound. It's almost as if the record studied how to make songs that would immediately appeal to ignorant people not only by how they sound, but by how they look.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say that Trivium write most of their music...well, if by write you mean 'copy Slaughter of the Soul'...
----
29.10.2006 - 20:14
Basso
Account deleted
Written by RavenLord on 29.10.2006 at 19:55

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say that Trivium write most of their music...well, if by write you mean 'copy Slaughter of the Soul'...

Dont forget the spice : Worthless vocals.
29.10.2006 - 21:26
RavenLord
Written by Guest on 29.10.2006 at 20:14

Dont forget the spice : Worthless vocals.

I already mentioned the At the Gates obsession :p

Oh...you mean hardcore vocals...which are even worse than Anders Friden and Tomas Lindberg lumped together!
----
29.10.2006 - 22:12
Basso
Account deleted
Written by RavenLord on 29.10.2006 at 21:26

Oh...you mean hardcore vocals...which are even worse than Anders Friden and Tomas Lindberg lumped together!

yes exactly!
30.10.2006 - 01:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new Spice Girls:

Poser Spice

Wannabee Spice

Fluffy Spice

Worthless Spice
30.10.2006 - 04:17
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@pyroleprechaun: HAHAHA hilarious dude!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
30.10.2006 - 11:59
RavenLord
In all seriousness, though, that drummer is a total hick. If Devin Townsend and Les Claypool had a secret lovechild in the back woods of Tennessee, that is what he would look like.
----
30.10.2006 - 17:43
SteTech

Written by Dangerboner on 27.10.2006 at 01:50

That was then, now it's copying "Master of Puppets." Matt Heafy probably think he'll be the saviour of metal by playing stuff Metallica refuse to write anymore
30.10.2006 - 21:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks so
----
31.10.2006 - 17:30
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
WHY ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK TRIVIUM IT'S A BAD BAND... THEY JUST ARE TRYING TO MAKE MUSIC AND IT'S SOUNDS GOOD!!
31.10.2006 - 19:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
while "poser" and "wanabee" look kind of metallish,the last 2 guys and heafy look like a bunch of depressed emo's
not trying to rip on trivium's music,although i heard "we are the fire" and it's a bit boring...
01.11.2006 - 04:42
Winter Death
Account deleted
The last guy in that collection of photos looks a little...fruity. And don't get me started on poser spice.
01.11.2006 - 14:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
oh lol poser spice looks like the drummer is grabbing his crotch
i still have a neutral opinion on trivium's music-you can look like brad pitt and you can have no fucking idea how to sing,or you can look like an ass and make wonderful music
02.11.2006 - 03:19
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Guest on 31.10.2006 at 17:30

WHY ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK TRIVIUM IT'S A BAD BAND... THEY JUST ARE TRYING TO MAKE MUSIC AND IT'S SOUNDS GOOD!!

Yes, they are a decent band. They have some good songs and I really hate all of this talk about copying Metallica. The vocals sound the same, but Trivium are more technical than Metallica ever were. And these days it's hard to be original. They are just showing their influence of Metallica, Megadeth, and some Testament in their music. The solos are amazing too.
12.11.2006 - 03:26
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
the band is really good!!
12.11.2006 - 03:58
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I gave these guys a chance recently, and I have to say, I'm not to fond of them, it pisses me off that people classify these guys as Metalcore, yeah, more like shit core. Why in the hell are they so closely compared to that subgenre? They don't have any Harcore/thrash or even gothenburg influences. I think a closer interpretation would be "Nu Metalcore," because they're so fake.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
13.11.2006 - 04:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by spirit_inblack on 02.11.2006 at 03:19

Written by Guest on 31.10.2006 at 17:30

Yes, they are a decent band. They have some good songs and I really hate all of this talk about copying Metallica. The vocals sound the same, but Trivium are more technical than Metallica ever were. And these days it's hard to be original. They are just showing their influence of Metallica, Megadeth, and some Testament in their music. The solos are amazing too.

And some Pantera as well. Actually I find no copy at all, just showing great influences, but Trivium is just Trivium, and since I don't know any other "metalcore" bands, I have no other references for the genre than Trivium.

I don't understand why people hates Trivium. They're a good band. they did it well in their "core" thing and they're doing some pretty cool stuff now, if you (the ones who hate them) check their new album "The Crussade", you'll realise their sound is more thrashy and not so "core".

I like alot their previous albums "Ascendancy" and "Ember to Inferno", and of course I like "the Crussade" The solos are great, the sound is way more trashy, and the instrumental track "The Crussade" is fuckin'awesome. Why people hate them? I have no idea.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.11.2006 - 16:17
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 12.11.2006 at 03:58

I gave these guys a chance recently, and I have to say, I'm not to fond of them, it pisses me off that people classify these guys as Metalcore, yeah, more like shit core. Why in the hell are they so closely compared to that subgenre? They don't have any Harcore/thrash or even gothenburg influences. I think a closer interpretation would be "Nu Metalcore," because they're so fake.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NU METALCORE??-... when the hell metalcore got old?? ... listen to " "Ascendency " and " Ember to infierno"... pure metalcore... "The crusade" is something different but it great to1!!!
14.11.2006 - 23:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 14.11.2006 at 16:17

Written by Arian Totalis on 12.11.2006 at 03:58

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NU METALCORE??-... when the hell metalcore got old?? ... listen to " "Ascendency " and " Ember to infierno"... pure metalcore... "The crusade" is something different but it great to1!!!

Nu isn't the same as "New," it's a subgenre of metal. Usually it has hip hop influences and no solos, from a shearly technical point of view. But in reference to Trivium, ah, I don't know, I just can't get into them, sorry, I won't pursecute you for liking them, but I just really don't at all.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
15.11.2006 - 11:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, take it easy Mr Marito ... Trivium is an average band, nothing more, nothing less ... at least IMO
----
17.11.2006 - 04:52
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 15.11.2006 at 11:58

Haha, take it easy Mr Marito ... Trivium is an average band, nothing more, nothing less ... at least IMO

I must disagree in the band, they're a very good band...
But I agree with you in this: take it easy Marito... "We're debating like friends, not discussing like enemies." GTA Vice City Radio - VCPR
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.11.2006 - 15:55
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
hahaha...i'm ok dude... !! well i think so... to many burger king hambugers