Metal Storm logo
Trivium

Original post

Posted by , 23.05.2006 - 05:50
well i think trivium is really cool .. really good good band.They are metalcore with some trash influences. however they are an awesome band with great guitarrists,nice bass and good drumming and well a good voice (some parts are really hard and you get bored) but i think THEY ARE AWESOME..I will see them on s.o.t.u with as i lay dying and cannibal corpse
What's your opinion about this band ?
17.11.2006 - 16:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Tonight I'll see Trivium live, it'll be fun
----
17.11.2006 - 19:44
RavenLord
Written by Warman on 17.11.2006 at 16:44

You have a strange definition of the word 'fun'

Sweet...more posts here are criticising Trivium than fellating them.
----
18.11.2006 - 00:07
heresiarch
Forever Dead
That lead singer dude , real James Hetfield wannabe he is foot too short and looking like midget is playing guitar
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
18.11.2006 - 01:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 17.11.2006 at 16:44

I envy you. Enjoy it.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
18.11.2006 - 14:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Trivium really impressed me yesterday, they were really good live ... I'll probably get one of their albums soon
----
19.11.2006 - 00:39
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
they are a good band !!!!! get ... Ascendecy
19.11.2006 - 17:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well I like Trivium now but the "Hetfield"-wannabe singer still disturbs me ... but I actually think he's doing a good job with it, he has a cool voice. I know it sounds weird when I say that it disturbs me, but I still like it ... don't care please
----
25.11.2006 - 07:01
spirit_inblack
harshhead
From what I've heard, The Crusade is supposed to be better than Ascendancy. Is that true?
25.11.2006 - 11:01
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by spirit_inblack on 25.11.2006 at 07:01

From what I've heard, The Crusade is supposed to be better than Ascendancy. Is that true?

NO!
The Crusade is like the Black Album copied, trivium with this album became the most famous tribute metallica band
25.11.2006 - 13:17
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.11.2006 at 11:01

Written by spirit_inblack on 25.11.2006 at 07:01

NO!
The Crusade is like the Black Album copied, trivium with this album became the most famous tribute metallica band

LoL, originality is gay.
25.11.2006 - 21:42
spirit_inblack
harshhead
OK. Thanks for the tip rebelos. You saved me from wasting money and time on the album. I wasn't too sure because there were a lot of peaple in reviews that I read that said it was better than Ascendancy.
Thanks man!
28.11.2006 - 22:56
chuckie
Account deleted
i like there solos
02.12.2006 - 19:18
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
yeah me too ... they're solos are good
03.12.2006 - 00:12
rebelos
Account deleted
they are great guitar players but the rest is...
05.12.2006 - 20:30
BlooDRaveN
Account deleted
They tend to be a bit too much commercial oriented, sometimes they sound like Blink 182 in the vocals.
10.12.2006 - 04:09
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 05.12.2006 at 20:30

They tend to be a bit too much commercial oriented, sometimes they sound like Blink 182 in the vocals.

What? Huh? Dude, that's insulting! How can you compare the screams of Trivium to the pseudo voice in Blink 182, come on! Exactly in which songs? I have to hear it to believe it!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

10.12.2006 - 18:56
BlooDRaveN
Account deleted
hey man, don't get me wrong, I like them, the new album is their best, you must understand that they are very young, they are our age, and Matt was doing a lot of pop-punk covers before he got into metal, like Offspring, so he is still a bit influenced by those kind of bands, but they are amazing musicians, no doubt about that, just look at the solos.
10.12.2006 - 23:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
The Crusade is number 1 on the swedish album charts, they are pretty popular here now
----
11.12.2006 - 00:06
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 10.12.2006 at 23:22

The Crusade is number 1 on the swedish album charts, they are pretty popular here now

Oh shit... Im moving to Japan.....
11.12.2006 - 00:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 00:06

Written by Warman on 10.12.2006 at 23:22

Oh shit... Im moving to Japan.....

I can't say that I am especially happy about Trivium being so popular in Sweden. People buy their album because they opened up for Iron Maiden 4 times here in Sweden. And those who bought the album, are those who attended the concert because it is cool here in Sweden to listen to Iron Maiden.
I quoted you Basso because I'm interested to hear your opinion about it, being from Sweden as me.
----
11.12.2006 - 00:42
Basso
Account deleted
I love Iron Maiden and I really respect their work, what I dont respect however is Trivium, I am sorry to offend Trivium fans for this, but I have a really hard time finding a band more worthless and boring than Trivium. That is one of the reasons why I am so ashamed that Trivium is so high on the sales charts.

I knew they sold good. But nr 1? That really buggs me to the core.... The only reason they sell so good is as you said probably because so many saw them at the maiden concert. And thoose that never have heard any other band than Maiden before went like "oh gosh this is so extremly cool, liek totally cool!" and bought their cd or something.

Yeah I sound like a complete shitbag, and that is probably because on this particular topic, I am.

I am once again sorry for ruining the Trivium fans evening, and just ignore me.

Cheers and have a good night.
12.12.2006 - 17:25
rebelos
Account deleted
@Basso: man i personally am really greatfull that u even give your opinion... on the bands that i hate i don't say anything everyone who asks me it's like "don't like them" don't want to offend them! i always want to hear a different answer, from the guys that actually don't like this band! i liked them untill Ascendancy i found Crusade too boring and... done again! so that's my opinion! don't ask sry cause u don't do any bad stuff! it's a forum! u supposed to give an opinion no matter if it's good or bad!

p.s. sry for being kinda off-topic
13.12.2006 - 12:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 10.12.2006 at 18:56

hey man, don't get me wrong, I like them, the new album is their best, you must understand that they are very young, they are our age, and Matt was doing a lot of pop-punk covers before he got into metal, like Offspring, so he is still a bit influenced by those kind of bands, but they are amazing musicians, no doubt about that, just look at the solos.

Ok... Now I was worried, I leistened non-stopping the albums searching for the Blink 182 refference... Well, I didn't know that dark story about Matt, but I agree they're great musicians. And their new album is indeed teh best, I don't care if people sayit's like Metallica, I don't care, since Metallica is not what it was anymore, at least they have a good replacement.
----

13.12.2006 - 18:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
As long as the music is good I don't care if it's a copy of something else or totally rip-off or commercial, that doesn't matter at all as long as you like it.
----
14.12.2006 - 09:38
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
Matt Heafy fucking pwns if anything James Hetfield is the poser fag. I've just recently got into Trivium and their Ascendency album shits on anything that Metallica has to offer.
14.12.2006 - 16:51
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.12.2006 at 09:38

Matt Heafy fucking pwns if anything James Hetfield is the poser fag. I've just recently got into Trivium and their Ascendency album shits on anything that Metallica has to offer.

right... so Metallica didn't give anything to the metal scene and Trivium are gods...
that's what u are saying?
14.12.2006 - 20:07
RavenLord

So, being a (wannabe) carbon copy of your hero makes them a poser? I'll be the first to admit that Hetfield is crap now, but Matt Heafy better than him?

Interestingly, I found an article in a magazine with many different metal 'shredders' (although quite what the likes of Lamb of God and Trivium were doing there...anyway). Each guitarist was asked, 'Who would be your ideal supergroup?'

Devin Townsend, being the crazy mofo he is, began listing names like Stravinsky, Beethoven etc.

Matt Heafy?

Oh, come on, you know the answer...

'The four of us [i.e. Trivium], [Kirk] Hammet and [James] Hetfield'

HOLYSHITORIGINALITY! DUCK!
----
15.12.2006 - 07:41
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.12.2006 at 16:51

right... so Metallica didn't give anything to the metal scene and Trivium are gods...

You have completely missed my point and at what part of my post did I say that Trivium are gods???
15.12.2006 - 07:54
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
Written by RavenLord on 14.12.2006 at 20:07

So, being a (wannabe) carbon copy of your hero makes them a poser? I'll be the first to admit that Hetfield is crap now, but Matt Heafy better than him?

Interestingly, I found an article in a magazine with many different metal 'shredders' (although quite what the likes of Lamb of God and Trivium were doing there...anyway). Each guitarist was asked, 'Who would be your ideal supergroup?'

Devin Townsend, being the crazy mofo he is, began listing names like Stravinsky, Beethoven etc.

Matt Heafy?

Oh, come on, you know the answer...

'The four of us [i.e. Trivium], [Kirk] Hammet and [James] Hetfield'

HOLYSHITORIGINALITY! DUCK!

So what if Matt Heafy idolises James Hetfield... does that mean that every other person in the metal scene who idolises and is heavily influenced James Hetfield and Metallica, will you immediately assume that they are a "wannabe"? Well than by that reasoning a large portion of the metal scene must be nothing but a bunch of wannabes.

One thing I dont get though is that how can Metallica fans be so defensive over a band that sold them out.
15.12.2006 - 09:59
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.12.2006 at 07:41

Written by Guest on 14.12.2006 at 16:51

You have completely missed my point and at what part of my post did I say that Trivium are gods???

u surely said that Trivium are better than Metallica!
and that Heafy has a better voice than Hetfield
considering that Metallica is one of the bands with the best sells
and with most fans, u say that Trivium should be at their position...
or i just misunderstood your post?
plz clear it up for me