Metal Storm logo
Behemoth

03.04.2007 - 16:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Old thread reached the max, so a new one is on it's way!

@Dream Of Hate: Awh thanks man for letting me open this thread.

I am going to see them live on the 8th of April in Belgium, Antwerp together with Obituary, Napalm Death, Anaal Nathrakh and some others.

I can't wait, hope to hear some Apostasy stuff.

Besides that, I say: Discuss!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.04.2007 - 20:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
The Sequel!

have fun at the show, give us a review.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.04.2007 - 21:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'll definatly post it. Not sure if I'll be able to write a real Concert Review, since I usually forget most of the setlist and stuff like that. I might do so, though.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.04.2007 - 21:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I'm bad with recalling set lists too, usually i am smashed and somewhere in the middle of the more active crowd. I'm usually too busy defending myself to pay particular notice what tracks fall in what order.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.04.2007 - 21:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I know the feeling! I have visited little concerts, but with every concert I got at least one elbow in my face or on my nose. I am not kidding. But well, I'm quite small, so that explains it.
----

03.04.2007 - 22:09
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 03.04.2007 at 21:38

I know the feeling! I have visited little concerts, but with every concert I got at least one elbow in my face or on my nose. I am not kidding. But well, I'm quite small, so that explains it.

hoho, even big guys recieves an elbow in the face. Last night I got an elbow on my nose in the pit to Kreator It was a good pit though, so I just kept moshing.

Anyone knows any exact release date for the new Behemot album?
03.04.2007 - 22:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Nope, now word about the actual date on the last news reports.

Nergal did say this:

Also today I managed to download guest vocals to the song called "Inner Sanctum" but I'm not gonna reveal any names, yet.

Wonder who that is..
----

03.04.2007 - 22:32
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Behemoth was the first death metal band that i've listened, but i've only listened to "Demonica" and "Demigod", so i haven't formed a complete opinion about them, but till now i'm liking..."Slaves Shall Serve" is my favourite song, the drums sound is so fast, which makes me like it even better
03.04.2007 - 22:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Check out 'Thelema.6' and 'Zos Kia Cultus' then.

I have the feeling you will like them.
----

03.04.2007 - 23:17
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Yes 'Thelema.6' and 'Zos Kia Cultus' are really good albums.

But I admit that "Demigod" impressed a lot me. The summun of the cheerful and festive brutality for ears in a sense
03.04.2007 - 23:21
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Ok, thanks. I will give them a listen
03.04.2007 - 23:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I wish the vocals in "demigod" were a little more natural - that's about my only complaint with the album.
----

04.04.2007 - 00:19
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I used to think that, and time to time, wish the vocals were more like the track 'Before the Aeons' came, but I sill love them nonetheless. I used to think all of their albums were on par with each other, and while they are all fantastic, I feel 'Demigod' is far superior to anything they have ever made. It just crushing their entire past, not to mention most of Death Metal, for me, into oblivion. I am very excited about this new release and equally excitied about seeing them at this year's Ozzfest with Nile and a few others.
----
The force will be with you, always.
04.04.2007 - 01:17
kackbratze
Written by Clintagräm on 04.04.2007 at 00:19

I used to think that, and time to time, wish the vocals were more like the track 'Before the Aeons' came, but I sill love them nonetheless. I used to think all of their albums were on par with each other, and while they are all fantastic, I feel 'Demigod' is far superior to anything they have ever made. It just crushing their entire past, not to mention most of Death Metal, for me, into oblivion. I am very excited about this new release and equally excitied about seeing them at this year's Ozzfest with Nile and a few others.

Nice post, couldn't agree more. Well said!
04.04.2007 - 15:22
Judas
The Amputator
Written by kackbratze on 04.04.2007 at 01:17

Written by Clintagräm on 04.04.2007 at 00:19

Nice post, couldn't agree more. Well said!

I must say I listen to 'Demigod' far more than anything else that I have from them. Nergal's skillz are pretty intense on that album, and while the vocals aren't 'natural', as someone said earlier, they still fit perfectly and crush the listener into oblivion while the band really become Demigods!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
04.04.2007 - 18:40
Stigmatized
Written by Lucas on 03.04.2007 at 16:58

@Dream Of Hate: Awh thanks man for letting me open this thread.

No problem. It only seemed right.
04.04.2007 - 19:00
Trifixion
Account deleted
I think Behemoth are cool but really they just aren't my thing, or at least Demigod isn't. They're an awesome and talented band for sure but there's just something missing for me and I don't usually enjoy it. The only album I really like is Zos Kia Cultus for whatever reason, it has a cool vibe to it. But I like them, and am hoping to see them with Cannibal Corpse in a few months, I've heard they put on a sick show.
04.04.2007 - 19:06
Sunioj
Countdown to concert: 17 days

Im trying to get as much people to get into behemoth so that I can get them to buy tickets ( one of my friends is dealing them ) so far Ive gotten a few interested, but what do you guys think would be a good song to introduce to a person who has never heard behemoth?
04.04.2007 - 19:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Seeing as they play most of their later stuff live, I'd say songs from the later albums.

Give 'em:

Conquer All
Blackest Ov The Black
Pan Satyros
Decade Of Therion

Covers their latest albums. However, you can replace those songs with any song you want, since they're all ass-kickers.
----

04.04.2007 - 20:03
Sunioj
Written by Lucas on 04.04.2007 at 19:16

Decade Of Therion

Yeah, that really works....

Me: hey want to go to a behemoth show?

friend: be-wut? what do they sound like? I usually listen to stuff like audioslave...

Me: erm...lemme show you ( pushes play )

Nergal: Papo Kanto Demonaz!! ( blastbeats )

Friend: Dudez, thats like, so heavy, its like much heavier than avenged sevenfold!! How much??

04.04.2007 - 21:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hehe.

Maybe you shouldn't bother trying them to getting into Behemoth at all.
----

04.04.2007 - 21:40
Sunioj
haha, is it the avenged7x or audioslave part of the convo that helped you think that way?

( 14 days later at the concert )

Ticket Vendor: Hey, we sold alot of tickets eh??

Me: umm...yeah

Ticket Vendor: What the f***? ( random yiddish obscenities ) where did all these wiggers come from???

Naw Im just doing this as a favor, and plus Im only showing my friends who are..exploring, like I got one of my friends who never heard dismember before to come to a dismember show with me....he was completely blown away because he never experienced anything like it!
04.04.2007 - 21:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I can imagine! Maybe you should just pay for their tickets, maybe then they'll come. If they like it, they'll pay you back the double since they're so grateful.
----

05.04.2007 - 16:09
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Sunioj on 04.04.2007 at 20:03

Friend: Dudez, thats like, so heavy, its like much heavier than avenged sevenfold!! How much??

----

Hellcunt Smurf
05.04.2007 - 19:44
BlackMin
Account deleted
Baaah cant wait for their new album! Demigod aint bad album at all, its actually pretty descent, in my opinion the only thing what lacks there were the vocals. Hopefully they are going back to Satanica-era vocals, wich in my opinion fits better to their music.
10.04.2007 - 15:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Sunday I witnessed them live. Here is what happened:

I was in frontline, almost in the middle. They played really good, really nice setlist and just a good performance. At some points, they came a little closer to the audience and I managed to touch them all! If they wouldn't have played so loud, everyone could have heard my little schoolgirl screams. I also gently touched Orion's guitar, of course only the head so I wouldn't disturb his playing.

After the show I met all of the guys and talked with them for a while. They all signed my first edition Sventevith tape as well! Nergal is a really nice guy, friendly in conversation and not arrogant at all. So hell yeah, I had a great day/night.

Behemoth, you rule!
----

10.04.2007 - 17:01
Stigmatized
Dude, that's awesome. They're your favorite band right? That's a once in a lifetime experience for most. Let's hope that's not the case for you though.
10.04.2007 - 17:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, one of my favorites yes. I really love some one-album bands, but they don't really count.

I hope to meet them once more, sure, but on the other hand, I have my memory. Let them make someone else happy first.
----

11.04.2007 - 06:21
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
That's awesome Nerval. That must have been amazing. Anyway, I can't wait to see them at Ozzfest. It won't be as personal as your experience, but it will be a grand one nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm just sitting here in my kvlt Behemoth shirt (ZKC) listening to Behemoth's first demo 'Endless Damnation' in utter kvltness. Pretty cool. Listening to the beginnings of this fantastic band. Plus, it's not too bad.
----
The force will be with you, always.
11.04.2007 - 18:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
You own the original? Or a downloaded version?

I'd like to hear it, where did you get it from?

^ So many questions.
----