Metal Storm logo
Behemoth

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 03.04.2007 - 16:58
Old thread reached the max, so a new one is on it's way!

@Dream Of Hate: Awh thanks man for letting me open this thread.

I am going to see them live on the 8th of April in Belgium, Antwerp together with Obituary, Napalm Death, Anaal Nathrakh and some others.

I can't wait, hope to hear some Apostasy stuff.

Besides that, I say: Discuss!
31.05.2007 - 00:46
Sunioj
Fuck dude, prometherion is definetly one behemoth of a song ( har har ) no, seriously the whole album is amazing, great riffs and the choir is a good feature for the music, fits in perfectly, slaying the prophets, and kriessphilosophie are one of my fav songs now. But I stuck between Zos kia cultus and this, because Zos kia cultus is my favorite before the apostasy came. Nevertheless great album.
31.05.2007 - 01:58
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I was also wondering, how is "Inner Sanctum" with Warrel Dane? A very interesting guest.
----
The force will be with you, always.
31.05.2007 - 03:08
Stigmatized
Sounds pretty good, great song, just like the rest of the album. If I remember correctly, he doesn't sing a lot in that song.
31.05.2007 - 03:43
Sunioj
Written by Clintagräm on 31.05.2007 at 01:58

I was also wondering, how is "Inner Sanctum" with Warrel Dane? A very interesting guest.

Gosh you just reminded me, I was really surprrised, it actually sounded really powerful and also suited the song very well.
03.06.2007 - 10:14
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well that sounds good then. I am getting very excited for the album. I'm currently listening to the 'Slaves Shall Serve' EP and their non album song "Entering the Pylon ov Light" and also read that in 'The Apostasy' sessions they re-recorded "Chant For Eschaton" too, which would be a very interesting listen also.
----
04.06.2007 - 18:02
..HumanError..
Account deleted
I wanted to ask you a question guys : am I the only one who doesn't like The Apostasy really much :/ ?

I was really looking forward to listening to that album, but when I did, I was really disappointed. I felt as if something was missing in this new album. Where is that lyric/poetic aspect I found in Demigod? if poetic aspect there was. The songs are really good though, I can't deny that. Track 5 and 6 are really good pieces of Death Metal. It's fast and brutal, that's the way I like my music usually, but... Compared to Demigod I think it is just a mere display of musical skill, and it appears it has less depth to me.

Of course, this is my personal opinion and you can, you will disagree. I know that saying this will make some people angry with me, but I can't help it :/. I really tried to let it grow on me, it never reached what Demigod reached in me. But this might change with time too though... And I should also specify I usually tend to like the songs/albums I first listened to, and Demigod was the first album I got by Behemoth.
04.06.2007 - 18:16
Basso
Account deleted
After listening to Apostasy for a while I have to say... The Apostasy is horribly boring in comparision to Demigod.... Demigod was such a powerful release, and The Apostasy stands bleak in its shadow.
04.06.2007 - 18:17
baldur
Written by Guest on 04.06.2007 at 18:02

I wanted to ask you a question guys : am I the only one who doesn't like The Apostasy really much :/ ?

yes you are!
04.06.2007 - 18:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite

Ok, so much for the reply everyone here will expect from me.

So you say you miss the lyrical contact? I haven't heard the album yet, but can you understand and hear the lyrics? Wow. They've sold out then.

I have always regarded good lyrics as a plus, and bad lyrics as something that can be neglected.

That's all I have to say right now, cause I haven't heard it yet.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.06.2007 - 18:44
kackbratze
Written by Guest on 04.06.2007 at 18:16

After listening to Apostasy for a while I have to say... The Apostasy is horribly boring in comparision to Demigod.... Demigod was such a powerful release, and The Apostasy stands bleak in its shadow.

I can just agree with this. The Apostasy is really a solid album, as solid as Behemoth gets, but it isn't as special as Demigod. I dunno what exactly makes the latter better, but I can say that it has more Depth than the new album, as said before.
04.06.2007 - 19:19
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well I said the exact same thing about 'Demigod' when I first listened to it. I felt it was awesome but didn't really compare to 'Zos Kia Cultus' but then it grew on me and now I think it blows everything else they have done out of the water. I've heard both good and bad about the album, but I am excited nonetheless.
----
04.06.2007 - 20:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I listened to one song, and yes, it was fast and dominating, just as I like my women...errr music to be. It didn't come close to beating any song on Demigod, but they just set the bar too high and not even they can meet it. Still good though...
04.06.2007 - 20:38
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 04.06.2007 at 18:25

Ok, so much for the reply everyone here will expect from me.

So you say you miss the lyrical contact? I haven't heard the album yet, but can you understand and hear the lyrics? Wow. They've sold out then.

I have always regarded good lyrics as a plus, and bad lyrics as something that can be neglected.

That's all I have to say right now, cause I haven't heard it yet.

Well, when I said "lyric" I was referring to poetry... Maybe I should have used the term "lyrical". . I think Demigod expressed more emotions and feelings than The Apostasy ( talking about the music, and not the lyrics ) but I haven't read the lyrics yet. And no, I cannot understand the lyrics when he sings them... I suppose my English is not good enough yet.

You'll tell me what you think after listening to it .
12.06.2007 - 17:30
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Metalhead.ro has posted a "raw and uncut" video interview with Behemoth frontman Nergal here.

Other videos interviews and rare live footage can be accessed here.
12.06.2007 - 18:36
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Well i didn't like the new album, i had HUGE expectation from this band since 2004. The new album is a bit experimental , nicely done .... but still i prefer the Demigod version of behemoth or the Satanica era behemoth. I dont like the Behemoth new sound ( if you say it ).
Was expecting this album to be a fking monster , but it just came and went away !!
12.06.2007 - 21:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Just noticed that the release is one day after my birthday. I know what I'm gonna get from my birthday money.

And I listened to Pandemonic Incantations today and fuck. That album is so incredibly overrated.

Edit after C-Dub's comment: overrated should be underrated.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.06.2007 - 05:16
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Lucas on 12.06.2007 at 21:02

Just noticed that the release is one day after my birthday. I know what I'm gonna get from my birthday money.

And I listened to Pandemonic Incantations today and fuck. That album is so incredibly overrated.

Overrated? I always thought it was the other way around. I really enjoy that album. Great songwriting.

By the way, that interview is hilarious when Nergal's asked about the Romanian Metal scene.
----
13.06.2007 - 08:06
Judas
The Amputator
@Nervel: Good to see we're still waiting to buy this thing together!

I haven't downloaded or heard anything from 'The Apostasy' yet, but the updates I've been getting from various people have been mixed; some, like Hyvaarin, said that it was brilliant, and others, like Opium (and now HumanError), said it was boring. I'll still go out and buy the thing at the first opportunity, but I'm a little apprehensive now.

As for Pandemonic Incantations, I think it's their weakest. I think their quality goes along a sort of reverse-bell curve, with the early and the latest stuff being awesome, and a dip in the middle. 'Grom' and 'Pandemonic Incantations' are what I mean by the dip.

That interview is pretty cool, except it takes so damn long to stream...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
13.06.2007 - 10:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Clintagräm on 13.06.2007 at 05:16

Written by Lucas on 12.06.2007 at 21:02

Overrated? I always thought it was the other way around. I really enjoy that album. Great songwriting.

By the way, that interview is hilarious when Nergal's asked about the Romanian Metal scene.

A shit. I meant to say underrated. Because it is an awesome album, it's really a shame that it isn't that known. I like it more than the albums they released around and before, Grom & Satanica.

@Judas: Yup, still going strong.

I do agree with that reverse-bell curve thingie, but I see Grom and Satanica (though this one isn't so bad) as the depths. PI is better than both, IMO.
----

13.06.2007 - 15:36
Stigmatized
I've never been into PI. It's ok, but all the songs seem to run together.
15.07.2007 - 16:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Judas on 13.06.2007 at 08:06

I regret this promise. Big time. Turns out, the release that is here (and the one I made the promise on) is much later than the release date here. So I pre-ordered it, and already have it in my hands now. Why did I make such a promise?! And most of all, why to a man who calls himself Judas..

I hope I earned a spot in Heaven with this.
----

15.07.2007 - 16:55
Stigmatized
Written by Lucas on 15.07.2007 at 16:27

I regret this promise. Big time. Turns out, the release that is here (and the one I made the promise on) is much later than the release date here. So I pre-ordered it, and already have it in my hands now. Why did I make such a promise?! And most of all, why to a man who calls himself Judas..

So, you've officially heard it?
15.07.2007 - 17:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 15.07.2007 at 16:55

Written by Lucas on 15.07.2007 at 16:27

So, you've officially heard it?

I guess he has since it has been on sale in the stores for a couple of weeks now (over here in Holland that is)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2007 - 19:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
No, I haven't heard it yet. I'm going to keep my promise and wait till the 17th, for a reason only God knows.

And yes, Marcel is right. Been for sale here for a while, but I ordered it just before going on holidays so only found it in my mailbox yesterday.
----

16.07.2007 - 00:25
Stigmatized
Thanks for clearing that up guys.
16.07.2007 - 00:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 16.07.2007 at 00:25

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

One thing that I'm still confused about are the release dates for the continents. We already have it, and what about America? And why is 17 July mentioned in the MS profile. Isn't the very first release date of the bunch the one that should be featured in the profile?
----

16.07.2007 - 00:46
Stigmatized
The 17th is the release date for the States, according to Amazon.com.
16.07.2007 - 00:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 16.07.2007 at 00:46

The 17th is the release date for the States, according to Amazon.com.

That makes me giggle. You're owned.
----

16.07.2007 - 14:34
Judas
The Amputator
@Nervel: I love you. I really do. To sit and wait until tomorrow, when I can buy it too, just so a promise won't be broken... That's dedication!

I'm going to the city tomorrow to see if anyone has it in yet, if they don't then I'll download it just to put you out of your misery, and buy it the moment it does come in.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
16.07.2007 - 17:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Judas on 16.07.2007 at 14:34

@Nervel: I love you. I really do. To sit and wait until tomorrow, when I can buy it too, just so a promise won't be broken... That's dedication!

I'm going to the city tomorrow to see if anyone has it in yet, if they don't then I'll download it just to put you out of your misery, and buy it the moment it does come in.

Hehe, no problems mate. I know I won't waste a damn second, tonight at midnight it's going to be played out LOUD.
----