Metal Storm logo
More creative during the day or during the night?

Original post

Posted by BloodTears, 10.04.2007 - 13:11
I was wondering if there is a specific pattern in your artistic productions, i mean if you have a certain period where you tend to be more inspired or with that urge to write/paint/play (whatever it is your artistic release). I just thought it would be interesting to know. In my case, for instance, is usually during the night that I tend to write more.

Share your thoughts on this please

Poll

When are you usually more creative?

during the night/evening
during the day

Total votes: 141
01.04.2011 - 04:10
Yasmine
Written by whatsacow on 01.04.2011 at 03:44

Written by Yasmine on 31.03.2011 at 23:57

Written by whatsacow on 27.03.2011 at 23:33

I prefer night. There's just a certain atmosphere to it. I do all my writing (well typing) in the dark with something like coldworld, Ahab, or Earth on in the background if I'm writing the darker bits of a story, while anathema, or Maudlin of the Well for more tranquil, or surreal passages.

I've been working on songs right here while talking to you guys, I even thought about posting a GPro file fresh and we could all write a song, haha did it once before way way back on the Kamelot forum.

You should! I'd be very interested to hear it. I'd do the same, but I only have the demo of GPro 6, so I can't save anything

Oh people who don't have it can still help us, we can render midis for you, and you can put riff ideas in text, in put into brainstorming, etc etc. I'll make a thread in the musician section.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
01.04.2011 - 04:19
whatsacow
Written by Yasmine on 01.04.2011 at 04:10

I prefer night. There's just a certain atmosphere to it. I do all my writing (well typing) in the dark with something like coldworld, Ahab, or Earth on in the background if I'm writing the darker bits of a story, while anathema, or Maudlin of the Well for more tranquil, or surreal passages.

I've been working on songs right here while talking to you guys, I even thought about posting a GPro file fresh and we could all write a song, haha did it once before way way back on the Kamelot forum.

You should! I'd be very interested to hear it. I'd do the same, but I only have the demo of GPro 6, so I can't save anything

Oh people who don't have it can still help us, we can render midis for you, and you can put riff ideas in text, in put into brainstorming, etc etc. I'll make a thread in the musician section.

Awesome. I can only write tab though... well I could write and read musical notation if i sat down for an hour or two... but i prefer tab.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
01.04.2011 - 04:20
Yasmine
Written by whatsacow on 01.04.2011 at 04:19

Awesome. I can only write tab though... well I could write and read musical notation if i sat down for an hour or two... but i prefer tab.

I put the thread up, this will all be done by tab so that beginners can give their ideas too.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
01.04.2011 - 04:23
whatsacow
Written by Yasmine on 01.04.2011 at 04:20

Written by whatsacow on 01.04.2011 at 04:19

I put the thread up, this will all be done by tab so that beginners can give their ideas too.

and just do the whole 'e' for eighth notes etc? I'm not great with dictating rythm lol.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
01.04.2011 - 04:28
Yasmine
Written by whatsacow on 01.04.2011 at 04:23

and just do the whole 'e' for eighth notes etc? I'm not great with dictating rythm lol.

Yep, just use all the normal tab slang, we'll understand it.
----
02.04.2011 - 03:56
0rpheus
Night Owls clan!
----
I would prefer not to.
03.04.2011 - 19:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Judging by the poll, there are not many early birds around here.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.04.2011 - 00:31
Yasmine
Written by BloodTears on 03.04.2011 at 19:11

I am sleeping my mornings away, or eating a small breakfest wishing I Was asleep. lol
----
04.04.2011 - 18:26
0rpheus
My biological clock is completely out of tune!

----
I would prefer not to.
06.04.2011 - 23:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 03.04.2011 at 19:11

I love morning , but I fant wake up, my brains dont work, only summer when I can go out I can wake up and still evry early walking I need day time sleep, so my brains somehow feels like there no blood or oxigen and if Im not well slept my heart is lil actinhg like thrash metal drums
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2011 - 15:49
Sophist
Most of my ideas come when extremely sleepy and/tired, sadly, I don't have a stable sleep schedule, so these moments of inspiration come at random times.
09.04.2011 - 22:47
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
It's not in terms of how strong my creativeness is, it's more like how they turn out.
During the day, my ideas are much more lighthearted and humorous.
At night, they're much darker and more grim.

It works both ways.
12.04.2011 - 13:06
azhidahakk
Oh well it's just the night!!time to create!!
specially in bed... oh u can guess what i mean!:D
19.04.2011 - 08:34
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I tend to be most creatiuve in the mornings, from 5:00 A.M through 9:00 A.M or so. Don't know why.
20.04.2011 - 10:01
Yasmine
I'm sleeping through that entire time. lol
----
23.04.2011 - 21:14
therest
Cool, i'm among the minority . I actually also used to have the urge to write at night, but it changed after I tuned down with the boozing. not sure why. now i do my best work in the morning. (preferrably with a hangover, that is the best. ) but when i do write at night, i usually look it over critically the next day, and usually the night stuff doesn't pass the morning criticism.

EDIT: looking at the biological clock that Mélomane posted .. it's probably because i'm high on testosterone in the morning. it kind of feels that way too.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
18.05.2011 - 16:17
ANGEL REAPER
I am creative all the time....but i am just bored to do anything.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.05.2011 - 20:02
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I honestly can't answer that. It really just depends on my mood and whats been going on....also how much weed I have smoked.
23.05.2011 - 22:46
INROK
Always more creative at night-time.
----
http://www.youtube.com/INROKrecommends
27.01.2012 - 21:51
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
As a nature photgrapher, I am inspired to go out and explore during the day. Many times the day is not the right lighting for a photo, so ill log the location of shots and figure out the best time to come back to the, sunrise, sunset, overcast, fog/mist, rain, moonlit night etc.

So i guess I am most inspired during the day, but dont always shoot directly after inspiration.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
08.06.2012 - 23:50
Stoned Crow
Finding a balance between the two is detrimental to expanding on both. Darkness can be just as inspirational as it can be depressive; likewise for the sun. I'm more contemplative through the day, and more expressive at night. It has more to do with noise than anything. The night is always more peaceful than the day- for me, anyhow.
----
I'm very serious about not being serious.
21.02.2013 - 02:57
Sinnercist
I'm going to say evening, but that's because when substances generally take place. I don't know many who drink before noon. But also, good to note, no one is really going to bother and distract you from your creativity at 3 in the morning. Even for my photography I like evenings because i get to play around with light much more and have a better control of it.
----
From YOLO to LOLOL. You're welcome.
14.03.2013 - 18:36
Jpageforever
I'm not really more creative at any specific time, but I tend to have "waves" of creativity, some days I have a million things I want to draw or write, and others I spend a good twenty minutes staring at a blank piece of paper. I live in the middle of nowhere, so there are lots of woods and fields which inspire me very much being that I am a patron of romanticism.
10.05.2013 - 16:54
Always during the night. Although, recently, not at all as I quit smoking.
----
www.facebook.com/EternalAphelionPhotography