Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2018

Original post

Posted by 3rdWorld, 05.01.2018 - 19:27
You know the drill, post any metal album released/upcoming in 2018 that you listened, found worthy and want to recommend to others.

UK one-man black metal with a heavy wall-of-noise production. Its on Sentient Ruin, so guaranteed to deliver.

Vessel Of Iniquity - Vessel Of Iniquity

15.09.2018 - 07:54
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Electronic/dark ambient inspired free jazz. The latest from Kurushimi is all kinds of awesomeness.

Prime quality psychedelic/black metal. Their last album was a masterpiece so highly anticipating this.

Entropia

Bay area death metal, dirty, raw and bludgeoning. All killer.

Ulthar

16.09.2018 - 06:47
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Mercurial on 02.08.2018 at 14:11

Infera Bruo

The first thing in my mind after listening to those riffs was Enslaved. And that's grrrreeeat
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
16.09.2018 - 23:01
Lost In Thought have announced that they intend to release their second album 'Renascence' through a special pledge campaign that is offering a limited run of CD's, shirts and other goodies.

Please see the Facebook post below:

We would like to welcome you all to our PledgeMusic Campaign for our second album, Renascence.

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/lost-in-thought

We'd like to thank you all for waiting so patiently for our second album and we'd also like to thank anyone in advance that wishes to help us with our PledgeMusic Campaign. We've included some really cool and exclusive items in there for anyone looking for unique and different items.

We have decided to give anyone purchasing any item on the pledge campaign an Access Pass. That Access Pass will give anyone a digital download of Renascence along with the item that they have purchased. You can also purchase a Digital Download separately if you wished.

https://www.facebook.com/lostinthoughtband

http://www.litband.co.uk/
----
Chris Billingham - Lost In Thought

19.09.2018 - 04:12
woundvac
19.09.2018 - 23:33
Zap
Local band recommendation time:

Moss Upon The Skull is releasing their debut this year. Their past works are quite great so it will probably be worth it. No preview songs released as of now but I will probably not post them when the time comes.

Oh it's being released on I, Voidhanger.
20.09.2018 - 15:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Zap on 19.09.2018 at 23:33

Moss Upon The Skull is releasing their debut this year. Their past works are quite great so it will probably be worth it. No preview songs released as of now but I will probably not post them when the time comes.

I am really looking forward to it. Loved their EP and 7".
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2018 - 21:12
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Solid heavy metal record from Germany.

21.09.2018 - 10:26
Zap
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.09.2018 at 15:46

I am really looking forward to it. Loved their EP and 7".

So did I. Can't wait to hear this one, and the artwork is pretty cool too.
22.09.2018 - 22:51
Mercurial
Everything about this is seriously great. Some kind of death metal+ that I can see being the next big thing in the genre.

24.09.2018 - 02:19
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Currently going through some of the heavy metal records that were on my "To Listen" list. This one came out in April this year and it is a good one imo.

It's heavily inspired by the traditional heavy metal from the 80s. That being said there are from time to time some bursts of speed metal in this record. There were a few moments where it reminded me of early Blind Guardian albums like Battalions Of Fear.

Also the singer reminds me a lot of the singer from Dark Forest (UK).

Added a youtube video of the whole album to my original comment, since there are only 4 songs on Bandcamp which are free to listen to. For those who want to listen through the whole album.
24.09.2018 - 10:37
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Mercurial on 07.07.2018 at 12:36

Dakhma with some absolutely fantastic sounding blackened death aural terror.

Full Dakhma, its uhuhu yes. Havent heard anything that can rival Vassafor in the quasi-arty-black/death section but this is interesting.

24.09.2018 - 11:27
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by tominator on 24.09.2018 at 02:19

Currently going through some of the heavy metal records that were on my "To Listen" list. This one came out in April this year and it is a good one imo.

It's heavily inspired by the traditional heavy metal from the 80s. That being said there are from time to time some bursts of speed metal in this record. There were a few moments where it reminded me of early Blind Guardian albums like Battalions Of Fear.

Also the singer reminds me a lot of the singer from Dark Forest (UK).

Heavy metal + speed metal + Early BG = fucking fun.

Thanks for rec, I'll definitely be spinning it soon.
24.09.2018 - 14:05
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.09.2018 at 11:27

Heavy metal + speed metal + Early BG = fucking fun.

Thanks for rec, I'll definitely be spinning it soon.

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
24.09.2018 - 17:27
Mercurial
Written by Guest on 24.09.2018 at 10:37

Full Dakhma, its uhuhu yes. Havent heard anything that can rival Vassafor in the quasi-arty-black/death section but this is interesting.

Noice, can't see this being less than at least decent.
24.09.2018 - 22:53
Zap
Written by Zap on 19.09.2018 at 23:33

First track is out and I didn't forget to post about it. Too bad my internet is crap at the moment, making it impossible to listen to it properly.
25.09.2018 - 02:34
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Progressive rock/post rock from the Uk. Excellent album and one of the most atmospheric I've heard so far this year. I feel this one could grow even more on me with repeated listenings.

25.09.2018 - 05:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
French blackened death metal with really good raw production.

Kosmik Katatonik Korpse

25.09.2018 - 20:16
Mercurial
Truly weird avant-garde doom, that reminds me of MoRT at times. Great stuff.

Some other cool bits and pieces to keep on top of stuff:

Energetic but melodic black metal that seems like it's making good use of epic clean vocals.

Dewfall

Track from the second Esoctrilihum this year.

Esoctrilihum

Very cool avant-garde / prog rock thing with dynamic female vox. The artist is apparently Svart Records so not sure what's happening there.

Modern melodeath influenced black metal. That artwork is interesting.

Thron

New upcoming Baring Teeth record, so expect plenty of Gorguts influence.

Baring Teeth

Seriously expansive, possibly drone and industrial-influened ritualistic post-metal. Just look at that art.

Sektarism

Pretty simple but effective evil death metal demo on Caligari Records. Formed by members of Begrime Exemious and Ripped to Shreds so was bound to be decent.

Azath
28.09.2018 - 15:02
Mercurial
Emotive, atmospheric 37 minute track of sort of slightly post-hardcore, black metally stuff from Belgium. Quite good.

Déhà

To be filed under "Sounds quite a lot like Opeth"

Spires

Modern hard rock / heavy metal, maybe even a tad doomy, with sick clean vocals. More atmospheric than your usual thing of the genre.

Akula

Very fun avant-garde jazz metal thing.

DRH

Dillinger Escape's Plan's vocalist project, highly reminiscent of Depeche Mode and NIN.

The Black Queen

For people who like their synthy retro wave with black metal.

Abstract Void

Short, to the point, noisy hellish blackened deathgrind.

Bodyache
28.09.2018 - 22:40
Zap
Written by Mercurial on 28.09.2018 at 15:02

Emotive, atmospheric 37 minute track of sort of slightly post-hardcore, black metally stuff from Belgium. Quite good.

In case you aren't aware; Déhà is the main guy behind Yhdarl and Slow, and also is or has been involved in loads of projects like Cult Of Erinyes, We All Die (Laughing) and Clouds. Quite a prolific dude. Haven't heard anything from this project of his though, I think.
29.09.2018 - 00:33
Mercurial
Written by Zap on 28.09.2018 at 22:40

In case you aren't aware; Déhà is the main guy behind Yhdarl and Slow, and also is or has been involved in loads of projects like Cult Of Erinyes, We All Die (Laughing) and Clouds. Quite a prolific dude. Haven't heard anything from this project of his though, I think.

I'm actually unfamiliar with most of that, just some Yhdarl and probably Slow at some point. Sounds like a good pedigree though.
29.09.2018 - 00:36
Mercurial
Digging this. Kinda sounds like Drudkh on steroids. Members of Fluisteraars, Turia, Lubbert Das etc. so quality is guaranteed.

Solar Temple
29.09.2018 - 02:35
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Industrial black metal.

Maquerelle - Betty
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.09.2018 - 09:55
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Mercurial on 29.09.2018 at 00:36

Digging this. Kinda sounds like Drudkh on steroids. Members of Fluisteraars, Turia, Lubbert Das etc. so quality is guaranteed.

Solar Temple

Great, its out. Ive read on indymetal that is part of a bunch so theres probably more stuff out the same day with a tad different constellations.
29.09.2018 - 16:39
Mercurial
Written by Guest on 29.09.2018 at 09:55

Great, its out. Ive read on indymetal that is part of a bunch so theres probably more stuff out the same day with a tad different constellations.

I'm down for more of this type of thing.
30.09.2018 - 02:26
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Progressive death metal from the USA.
30.09.2018 - 11:14
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Mercurial on 29.09.2018 at 16:39

Written by Guest on 29.09.2018 at 09:55

I'm down for more of this type of thing.

The Iskandr is the thing that gets the most exposure but after listening to Solar Temple Id say that its the most interesting and original sounding of the bunch What are you comparing Solar Temple with?

And theres a new Turia split also but at this point we know how that sounds.

30.09.2018 - 21:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Insane and maniacally energetic blackened death terror.

Depths Above

01.10.2018 - 02:38
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
One of my favourites so far this year. Instrumental stoner rock from France. Guitars have a raw feel to them but the band combines that sound with very smooth transitions. Also there's some good variety in this record. Accoustic guitar and saxophone parts are a big reason for that variety. So for those that like saxophone in metal like you get with Klone or the latest Rivers Of Nihil record, this one is definitely worth checking out.

01.10.2018 - 03:54
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Coty meets Aoty and your opinion is wrong: (Also stealing the cover for my temporary profile)

Stump Tail Dolly - Black Country
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei