Metal Storm logo
Games Music

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 29.05.2006 - 03:53
Well, this is simple. Since there are a lot of bands or musicians that only do music for games, it would be cool that you mention bands or musicians from games that you like. Example: I like a lot Econoline Crush from the PS game Sled Storm, Saki Kaskas from various Need for Speed versions, and obviously the VRock station form GTA Vice City. You can mention only the game if you want to, since not all the games have music credits.
29.09.2006 - 15:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Except that I love Final Fantasy music I also love the Metal Gear Solid music, amazing!
----
30.09.2006 - 05:45
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by jupitreas on 29.09.2006 at 11:38

@Reinhardt - the theme of Q2 is actually made by Rob Zombie, although the rest of the tracks are indeed created by Sonic Mayhem. Still, nothing beats Trent Reznor's soundtrack to the first Quake....

Yet Quake III St is completely made by Sonic Mayhem. I have it now and it's great! I haven't gotten the first Quake ST, yet.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.09.2006 - 10:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
I own the Final Fantasy Origins soundtrack. Though I never listen to it anymore there are some fantastic tunes on it!
----
30.09.2006 - 13:43
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 30.09.2006 at 05:45

Yet Quake III St is completely made by Sonic Mayhem. I have it now and it's great! I haven't gotten the first Quake ST, yet.

Actually, as far as I know some tracks for Q3 are done by Frontline Assembly. I remember reading that in an interview with Bill Leeb somewhere.
30.09.2006 - 16:38
Twist
Twisted Kid
Nintendo games have some really wacky and fun music. But Final Fantasy and Halo have my favorite music. Simply amazing stuff. I also like the music from Runescape,though I should find a way to get ALL the songs to my computer,since I don't play the game itself...
----
Is this where we suffer LOL
02.10.2006 - 03:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by jupitreas on 30.09.2006 at 13:43

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 30.09.2006 at 05:45

Actually, as far as I know some tracks for Q3 are done by Frontline Assembly. I remember reading that in an interview with Bill Leeb somewhere.

Well, I've checked it out and it's only Sonic Mayhem.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

02.10.2006 - 07:18
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
The music from that 360 game Oblivion is good too, and I also like the song in Advent Children when Sphiroth was fighting Cloud.
02.10.2006 - 12:54
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.10.2006 at 03:19

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_3 - its right there at the top.
04.10.2006 - 04:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by jupitreas on 02.10.2006 at 12:54

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 02.10.2006 at 03:19

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_3 - its right there at the top.

O.K. You were right. :p That soundtrack slams anyway.
----

16.10.2006 - 04:00
ylside
Staff
Lately I've been listening a lot to Mark Morgan (Fallouts, Planescape) and also that famous Fallout 1 theme song by The Ink Spots...lovely song really...
28.10.2006 - 13:30
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I believe that the best soundtrack EVER is Silent Hill 4 it has the best emotional, Dark, scary songs EVER......everybody should try it
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
28.10.2006 - 20:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well, I guess it's better than the game.
----
29.10.2006 - 01:30
Basso
Account deleted
Written by iMPERiAL_iCE on 28.10.2006 at 13:30

I believe that the best soundtrack EVER is Silent Hill 4 it has the best emotional, Dark, scary songs EVER......everybody should try it

Im back to say that SH 2 has the greatest soundtrack when it comes to atmosphere.. EVER! (we are like the opposites in the SH fanbase )

When it comes to epicness in general try the FF 7 soundtrack. its perfection.
29.10.2006 - 13:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Silent Hill 2 do have a great soundtrack, but SH 3 has the best IMO.
----
29.10.2006 - 14:13
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 29.10.2006 at 13:02

Silent Hill 2 do have a great soundtrack, but SH 3 has the best IMO.

Hmmm. The theme song in SH3 is indeed great and I very much so understand your opinion, SH3 being my fav SH game But I still find the SH2 soundtracka little more edgy.
30.10.2006 - 08:34
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Written by Guest on 29.10.2006 at 01:30

Written by iMPERiAL_iCE on 28.10.2006 at 13:30

Im back to say that SH 2 has the greatest soundtrack when it comes to atmosphere.. EVER! (we are like the opposites in the SH fanbase )

When it comes to epicness in general try the FF 7 soundtrack. its perfection.

this time I'm not going to say that I disagree coz I didn't actually hear the SH2 soundtrack yet.....so I cant be the judge of that........but I really like SH4 soundtrack
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
30.10.2006 - 12:26
Basso
Account deleted
It is really great! Give it a shot, and hear for yourself
01.11.2006 - 20:50
RavenLord
To whoever posted about Descent, yes that game had a kickass soundtrack...no music suits turning a corner in a dark mine to find yourself staring into the red slit-eyes of one of those diamond miner robots better *shudders*

"BACK! BACK!!! MISSILEMISSILEMISSILE YESIKNOWHE'SGOTAFUCKINGLOCKONME!!!!!"
*Collapses from adrenalin depletion*

Anyway, for all of those interested in FF music, I suggest you check out the FF7: Reunion soundtrack. It features fully orchestral versions of the Main and Aeris' theme, and One Winged Angel-Phenomenal.

Also, since this is a metal board, has anyone heard of the Black Mages? They perform hard rock/metal arrangements of FF Battle music...Nobuo Uematsu plays Electric Organ in them (and obviously composes)...he does ruin some of the songs, however (Matoya's Cave). Their guitarist (Tsuyoshi Sekito, I believe) has some brilliant solos (Check out Dancing Mad and Maybe I'm A Lion), as does their keyboardist, Kenichiro Fukui.
----
22.11.2006 - 14:18
Asgarth
Account deleted
Castlevania games sounds are best!!
23.11.2006 - 03:44
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Ninja Gaiden I believe is my favorite soundtrack from the NES games. I really like the street fighter tracks for super nintendo even though they're a bit more abstract...overall I'd go with these NES games:

MegaMan 2-3
Bad Dudes
Castlevania
The ORIGINAL Metal Gear
----
Brujerizmo!
17.12.2006 - 02:24
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
@RavenLord - Like half the band is made up of other video game music composers. And yeah, it's awesome.

My roommate loves video game music. He'll spend hours on http://www.vgmusic.com playing midis, usually while we're playing Secret of Mana or something.

I'm psyched for the music for the upcoming Smash Bros game. Nobuo Uematsu, the Final Fantasy guy, is doing the soundtrack, and they have some Japanese opera singer doing Latin vocals. Ken something, don't remember. The main theme's up for download on the director's website, and it's pretty good, nothing special, but I can't wait to hear Uematsu's take on classic Nintendo songs.
22.12.2006 - 21:46
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Final Fantasy VII has some good stuff on it, particularly "One-Winged Angel." Though I've never played the game, this song is amazing and powerful. The choral work and booming timpani makes for a 'doom'-ish sound.
01.01.2007 - 18:59
Basso
Account deleted
Written by RavenLord on 01.11.2006 at 20:50

Also, since this is a metal board, has anyone heard of the Black Mages? They perform hard rock/metal arrangements of FF Battle music...Nobuo Uematsu plays Electric Organ in them (and obviously composes)...he does ruin some of the songs, however (Matoya's Cave). Their guitarist (Tsuyoshi Sekito, I believe) has some brilliant solos (Check out Dancing Mad and Maybe I'm A Lion), as does their keyboardist, Kenichiro Fukui.

Fucking amazing band, one of the few power/ prog thinge metalbands I really really enjoy. About a year ago they was always on repeat in my sterio for weeks!
02.01.2007 - 00:13
Keoren
Account deleted
I just love the soundtracks David Wise and Eveline Fischer did for the Donkey Kong Country serie. I pretty much grew up listening to those musics and still rate them as one of the best game soundtracks ever.

Stickerbush Symphony, Mining Melancholy, Forest Interlude... amazing.
02.01.2007 - 03:25
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Guest on 02.01.2007 at 00:13

I just love the soundtracks David Wise and Eveline Fischer did for the Donkey Kong Country serie. I pretty much grew up listening to those musics and still rate them as one of the best game soundtracks ever.

Stickerbush Symphony, Mining Melancholy, Forest Interlude... amazing.

After I read this post I immediately started the soundtrack of Donkey Kong Country 2, and later the soundtrack of Donkey Kong Country 1. The music of these two games was so mysterious..and yes, also very nostalgic. I was a big fan of Donkey Kong(still kinda am, but only the Snes games ) Personally I am a big fan of "Flight of the Zinger" "Forest Interlude" "Lost World Anthem" and "Stickerbrush Symphony" from Donkey kong Country 2 and from Donkey Kong Country I prefer to listen to the soundtrack in a whole
18.01.2007 - 06:13
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Games music are usually good (depending on the game). I have a list of games that I love the soundtrack:
Metal Gear Solid series (My fav games of all time.. so the soundtrack has a lot of meaning)
Silent Hill series (I think this has the greatest guitar tunes ever composed for a game! Specially SH2 soundtrack)
Halo 1 (Simply a lovely soundtrack)
Final Fantasy 7,8 and 10 (You ever heard a song called 'Otherworld' from FF10?? it's actually a metal song with death metal style vocals!!)
Also the songs of the first 3 Resident Evil games.. great old times...
And GTA games... (I played on PC so that I could listen the songs I want!!! haha But the radio had a few nice songs too, like Ozzy's or Rage Against The Machine)
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
29.01.2007 - 10:05
Dark Stalker
I like music of Star Craft , Halo , and not well know games Vangers ne for the road and Perimeter .
----
In luck we trust!
28.02.2007 - 20:39
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
I'm gonna bump this thread to look for a bit of advice. I have a radio show at my college on Sundays from 2 to 4 pm. On most weeks I have a "theme," which in the past mostly meant "death metal day" or "folk metal day" or something. Later on I decided that was boring so I had "covers day" and "Christian metal day."

The plan is to, either this weekend or the one after, do a "Metal From Non-Musical Media Day." Meaning, metal from TV shows, movies, and mostly video games. I'm also including covers, but trying to mostly stick to original sound tracks.

Here are some of the things I've got so far:
- Super Mario World - "The Evil King Koopa"
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - "Big Bad Baby Bowser"
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - "Rawk Hawk Rock"
- Mortal Kombat Deception - "Slaughterhouse Jive"
- Mortal Kombat Deception - "Dragonslayer"
- Sonic Adventure - "Open Your Heart"
- Sonic Adventure 2 - "Won't Stop, Just Go!" (Green Forest)
- Sonic Adventure 2 - "Highway in the Sky" (Final Rush)
- Sonic Adventure 2 - "King Boom Boo"
- Megaman X8 - "Boss"
- Megaman X8 - "Metal Valley"
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - "Multi-Man Melee 1"
- Super Smash Bros. Melee - "Mute City"
- Tales of Symphonia - "Fatalize"
- Tales of Symphonia - "Fighting of the Spirit"
- Tales of Symphonia - "The End of a Thought"
- Tales of Symphonia - "Keep Your Guard Up!"
- Tales of Symphonia - "The Edge of Nowhere"
- Tales of Symphonia - "Keen-Edged Blade"
- Tales of Symphonia - "The Law of Battle"
- Star Ocean 2 - "Dynamite"
- Star Ocean 2 - "KA.MI.KA.ZE"
- Final Fantasy VII - "Those Who Fight Further" (Black Mages cover)
- Final Fantasy VIII - "Force Your Way" (Black Mages cover)
- Final Fantasy X - "Otherworld" (thanks, Dark_Blood)
- FFVII Advent Children - "One-Winged Angel"
- FFVII Advent Children - "J-E-N-O-V-A"
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time - "Super Shredder"
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers theme song
- (Assorted Dethklok songs)
- (Assorted Spinal Tap songs)

Anyway, if anyone can think of any more, that would be really cool and much appreciated. By the way, I found a sweet website with the soundtracks to about a bazillion games, and if you click this link I get points or something: http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=54714

And also http://www.bluelaguna.net/ for (mostly) RPG music
28.02.2007 - 21:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
I always loved music in Medal Of Honour games, they had whole orchestra and staff, but my favorite music is from Arcanum (hahaha), everything in this game is amazing including music, fantastic atmospheric melodies that I like to play in background while doing something, for example when I'm doing nothing...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.02.2007 - 22:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Mortal Kombat has a really kickass theme song, a local band here covered that song at a show and it started an insane mosh, who woulda thought?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin