Metal Storm logo
Games Music

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 29.05.2006 - 03:53
Well, this is simple. Since there are a lot of bands or musicians that only do music for games, it would be cool that you mention bands or musicians from games that you like. Example: I like a lot Econoline Crush from the PS game Sled Storm, Saki Kaskas from various Need for Speed versions, and obviously the VRock station form GTA Vice City. You can mention only the game if you want to, since not all the games have music credits.
06.03.2007 - 09:22
Strid
Account deleted
All of you who mentioned Metal Gear Solid music....is it just me, or does the Snake Eater theme stick in your head like nothing else? Man, it was like on constant repeat in my mind for months...
06.03.2007 - 11:12
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I actually do not know much about the musicians of video games, but some of the games whose music I like is: Street Fighter (different versions), KIng of fighters etc.
Whenever I listen the word 'video game' I get reminded of good old days when I was a little boy, and sometimes I get quite nostalgic.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
19.03.2007 - 14:49
Sonic MrSumo
Anyone remember a game called Carmaggedon. Came out in 1997. The objective of the game was to race your car against other cars, however whilist doing so, you had to run over people to gain extra time to finish the race (or destroy the other cars - whichever came first).

Anyway, the soundtrack to this game were tracks from Fear Factory's 'Demanufacture'...without Burton C Bell's vocals.

Awesome game, awesome soundtrack!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
22.03.2007 - 11:27
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
i think good game or like calming tunes would be most of the Final Fantasys
30.03.2007 - 13:09
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.03.2007 at 09:22

All of you who mentioned Metal Gear Solid music....is it just me, or does the Snake Eater theme stick in your head like nothing else? Man, it was like on constant repeat in my mind for months...

Yes that theme is incredibly welldone and is horribly epic. Every time I hear it, it sticks in my mind for quite some time. Damn I love MGS ^^.
14.04.2007 - 22:01
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Twisted Metal 4 on PlayStation, and on PC Mafia (if you like jazz)
----
11.05.2007 - 20:26
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The only one I´ve heard is Castlevania, 2 songs composed by Michiru Yamane: "Requiem For The Gods" and "The Clock Tower"
Great music
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
15.05.2007 - 03:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Unreal Tournament music is pretty awesom, some kind of electronic metal or something like that, really cool to hear those riffs as the pieces of the enemies fly in the air lown up by 5 rockets at the same time, hehe.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.06.2007 - 20:19
American McGee's Alice has a great soundtrack, written and performed by Chris Vrenna (drummer for Nine Inch Nails 1989-1997)
----
¸.?**?.¸*·I am following my fishie... because my fish knows where to go·*¸.?**?.¸
24.06.2007 - 20:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm currently "re-playing" Metroid Prime, it always amazes me how amtospheric its music is. Mostly pretty quiet, but so full of atmosphere! :
----
24.06.2007 - 22:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Final Fantasy VIII's music had some interesting ideas and melodies which i can imagine in power metal songs...so i like them
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.07.2007 - 22:05
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
I loved the tunes for games of the Final Fantasy series, and also Xenogears. The agitated battle songs, death/sorrow themes (you know, the sad music that plays when someone important to the plot dies or something really bad happens), urgency/disaster songs (when something really bad is about to happen, you know?), the soothing calm town and forest themes... that's the stuff I used to listen to before getting into rock/metal music. The soundtrack of the Silent Hill series is also pretty amazing. Very dark and industrial.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
09.07.2007 - 00:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ellrohir on 24.06.2007 at 22:44

Final Fantasy VIII's music had some interesting ideas and melodies which i can imagine in power metal songs...so i like them

Yes, both the game and its music is sooo underestimated!
----
09.07.2007 - 05:28
MetalSpider
I like most of Jeremy Soule's music - Elder Scrolls: Oblvion, Morrowind, Guild Wars Series, Prey, Knights of the Old Republic

I also like the music from Halo 1, World of Warcraft Series, Shadow of the Colossus (by Kow Otani), Final Fantasy Advent Children (and most of Nobou Uematsu's work), Metal Gear Solid 2 (Harry Gregson Williams), Jade Empire (Jack Wall).

I would have to say besides Metal...Game/Film Scores is my favourite genre.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
26.08.2007 - 22:37
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Does anyone have main theme (soundtrack) from Medal Of Honor 1 or 2 for PlayStation??? I think that song is called THe battle Of Monte Cassino, but I never managed to find the right version???
----
28.08.2007 - 20:04
Elodie Artour
Slania
I like the sound tracks of"Prince Of Persia".
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
13.12.2007 - 21:10
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I loved the Battlefield main theme and Final Fantasy VII through IX, dunno if you can count in GTA music, because it is not written for game purposes. And Doom 95 as well
----
16.01.2008 - 11:54
sacriment
Account deleted
final fantasy 10 (jecht Battle) near the end of the game
16.01.2008 - 13:55
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by Paganblood on 06.03.2007 at 11:12

I actually do not know much about the musicians of video games, but some of the games whose music I like is: Street Fighter (different versions), KIng of fighters etc.
Whenever I listen the word 'video game' I get reminded of good old days when I was a little boy, and sometimes I get quite nostalgic.

Me too! The glorious days of the Sega Megadrive, The SNES... and cartridges! Way better than CDs, they last forever!

I remember the music for F-ZERO X for the N64 was awesome!
16.01.2008 - 21:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey, I haven't played Jets 'N guns, but I discovered that Machinae Supremacy does teh soundtrack. I got it and it's opretty amazing. It's a great mixture of power metal and teh good old days music, when conmsoles used cartridges. You should check it out.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.01.2008 - 21:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
Playing "Final Fantasy IX" again, the music's very beautiful. And yes, I know I don't play games anymore. But remember that I'm still on my Christmas vacation, one month longer than everyone else (except the ones in my class) so there's not much to do during the days.
----
17.01.2008 - 22:42
Olli
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 11:54

final fantasy 10 (jecht Battle) near the end of the game

I think you mean the song Otherworld, which is actually done by Rammstein! I was very surprised when I found this out, but I agree it's a great song.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
18.01.2008 - 02:15
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Olli on 17.01.2008 at 22:42
I think you mean the song Otherworld, which is actually done by Rammstein! I was very surprised when I found this out, but I agree it's a great song.
Is it reeeaaally done by Ramm, or just sounds like them? What's your source...

I came in here to post a link that has already been mentioned - "Search this topic" near the top of this page for "bazil", the site linked in that post is great to find and download game music.

Through the years I've become attached to music from several games, many already posted, but here's some others...
Die Hard Trilogy (PSX)
Destruction Derby 2 (PSX) - the band Jug (and maybe the other band Tuscan) was a real band and a couple years ago I had the pleasure of exchanging messages with an old bassist. I was so happy to finally find someone connected to the band; I was wanting to talk about it for nearly ten years!
Dark Reign (PC)
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (PC) - also some brilliant stuff from normal music artists in the PS2 game NFS: Hot Pursuit 2
StarCraft (PC)
and my current obsession, the Ratchet and Clank series (PS2). I've got the shopping theme from the second game in my head now... I've been teaching my mum how to play the first one for almost a month David Bergeaud's compositions are awesome.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
18.01.2008 - 13:21
Olli
Written by Syk on 18.01.2008 at 02:15

Written by Olli on 17.01.2008 at 22:42
Is it reeeaaally done by Ramm, or just sounds like them? What's your source...

Well just search Youtube for otherworld by Rammstein to find about 20000 AMVs with the song in it. I also have the mp3 of the song which says it's by Rammstein. I just searched for the lyrics on google and it says its by Rammstein too. Anyway, even if it isn''t it's a good song
I doubt all these people are wrong though. This song is brilliant btw, check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISswOQo_2xU

Edit:
just found this on a comment
Game: Final Fantasy X
Song: Otherworld
Composer(s): Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu and Junya Nakano.
Sung by: Bill Muir

If this is true which does seem more likely than Rammstein to me (I dont think Square ever used a well known band before?) I have no idea why there's hundreds of people saying it's by Rammstein. Possibly the instruments were actually played by Rammstein or some such..
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
18.01.2008 - 14:14
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Olli on 18.01.2008 at 13:21
Edit:
just found this on a comment
Game: Final Fantasy X
Song: Otherworld
Composer(s): Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu and Junya Nakano.
Sung by: Bill Muir

If this is true which does seem more likely than Rammstein to me (I dont think Square ever used a well known band before?) I have no idea why there's hundreds of people saying it's by Rammstein. Possibly the instruments were actually played by Rammstein or some such..
Yeah, my MP3 is labelled with Bill Muir & Nobuo as the artist. I would have expected the Mages (or just Nobuo, maybe with some other people) to be the backing band. Of course Square have used known Japanese people before, the question is why would they use a known German band

The instance of people attributing the song to Ramm can be attributed to the stupidity of humanity
----

18.01.2008 - 15:59
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
There is a band called MegaDriver that only covers game music, but in their heavy metal version... amazing band though
----
19.01.2008 - 13:27
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Oh and I just remembered Interstate '76 (PC), that had a bunch of really funky tunes including a version of Average White Band's "Cut the Cake"... I don't know if any of the other tracks were actual songs, and whether that was done surreptitiously...

I found some info about FFX - Otherworld on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_music#Final_Fantasy_X and some of the links around there
----

27.01.2008 - 02:35
selken
Irreligious
Machinae Supremacy did some awesome songs for the game Jets'n'Guns and the game rocks, its pretty short but way entertaining and the music makes the gaming experience better

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 15.05.2007 at 03:48

Unreal Tournament music is pretty awesom, some kind of electronic metal or something like that, really cool to hear those riffs as the pieces of the enemies fly in the air lown up by 5 rockets at the same time, hehe.

+1 My favs are those from the original unreal tournament G.O.T.Y. of 1999
----
27.01.2008 - 09:56
Opium
Account deleted
Am I the only person who highly rates ALL the music from the Guilty Gear series? Every one of the releases have the most metal-sounding soundtracks I've heard to date, worth checking out if you like "Otherworld" from FF X and the likes.
17.02.2008 - 23:40
IronAngel
Meh, Guilty Gear has its moments, but I think it's mostly uninspired and boring. I've heard better metal bands, I don't need to listen to background music if I want guitar playing. But granted, there are some great songs, like Writhe in Pain.