Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
26.08.2014 - 07:08
EnterDeath24601
Account deleted
"Enter Death" comes from the song "Oscillation Point" by Scar Symmetry. "24601" is the prison number of the character Jean Valjean from Les Misérables.
27.10.2014 - 19:13
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Is my last name.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
15.11.2014 - 09:46
_deepblack
Its like deep purple nothing special about it
20.02.2015 - 17:57
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Sindarin Belegûr ("he who arises in might") - Melkor / Morgoth. Tolkien.
29.05.2015 - 06:32
Sentinel65
"The Sentinel" by Judas Priest some random numbers at the end.
06.08.2015 - 04:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 07.04.2012 at 06:02

Holy fuck.. I was addicted to that flash game years ago... Can't believe it comes from there.
I fucking hate those things...

.. Mine comes from my first and last name, Guillaume Bouchard.. so Gui-b, quite simple.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.08.2015 - 05:44
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by deadone on 06.08.2015 at 05:25

Written by Guib on 06.08.2015 at 04:30

.. Mine comes from my first and last name, Guillaume Bouchard.. so Gui-b, quite simple.

That's a cool name. It kind of evokes an old historical vibe.

Lol you think so ? It just sounds really french Canadian to me.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.08.2015 - 13:55
Ilham
Giant robot
Or just a regular French name. I don't see the historical thing.
06.08.2015 - 14:13
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by deadone on 06.08.2015 at 13:59

We don't get French names here in Australia. And the one's I hear aren't exactly inspiring - Gerard Depardieu, Francois Mitterand, Nicolas Sarkozy (ok he's of Hungarian origin) Even Jean Reno doesn't sound that historical.

Yeah okay I see. You could say that his name is almost stereotypically French haha.
06.08.2015 - 14:34
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by deadone on 06.08.2015 at 14:29

More proof that freedom is wasted on humans.

That took a turn to bitter quite fast .
06.08.2015 - 16:17
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
I was BassMonster428 when I first registered. Easy enough. I play bass, it's my prime instrument, and April 28 is my birthday. Then I had it as Pagan Idolatry for a brief bit. Was getting heavy into Wicca, Thelema, Demonolatry, things of the like around then. Apothecary was a name I was going to use in high school for a doom band, but when I couldn't find any people who were seriously committed to being in it, I ditched it, but I still liked the sound of it to the point of setting it as my permanent MS name. Third time seemed to be the charm, because I think it works best of the three: medicine man, shaman, healer. Fits well with a lot of the shit I listen to.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
06.08.2015 - 16:18
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Belegûr on 20.02.2015 at 17:57

Sindarin Belegûr ("he who arises in might") - Melkor / Morgoth. Tolkien.

Someone has read The Silmarillion
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
25.08.2015 - 05:52
Forty2One
Sabaton are teh titz.

Art of War is a great album, Forty to One is easily my favorite tune by them.
----
Circus Maximus - Symphony X - Sabaton - Lost Horizon - Outworld - Falconer - Hammerfall
In Flames - Dream Theater - Enslaved
03.09.2015 - 22:25
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Means "perseverance" or "endurance" in Hebrew and is one of the Sephiroth in the Kabbalah. I took it from the Therion song "Up To Netzach"
24.03.2016 - 06:48
Sang Dalang Abu
Its my nickmane in real life
05.04.2016 - 06:21
Korpi
\m/ ichigan
Was looking for a more specific description of my area, only word I could find that worked well was in Finnish:
https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korpi
11.05.2016 - 04:37
Overrwatcher
I was an 11 year old on Steam who didn't like my previous usernames and wanted something I would stick with. Something that would always be available, sounded "cool" and mildly edgy. And most importantly no numbers.

It kinda stuck over the years, but due to my high-profile controversial history in WoW (was a huge asshole to the asshole hardcore raid community and intentionally leaked a bunch of shit that got them in trouble) combined with people not taking me seriously due to my name AND the announcement of Blizzard's game Overwatch, I've been moving to Overr instead. Same availability, just without the poor reputation, over-edginess, or the nonstop "ARE YOU A SECRET BLIZZ EMPLOYEE" jokes everyone makes.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
11.05.2016 - 14:53
Paz
Elite
From the very beginning I was called Pazdzioch here but recently I cut it up. This name comes from an awesome Polish sitcom, Świat według Kiepskich, and it is the surname of one of the main characters - Marian Paździoch. When I was a kid, I just cut all my hair off and then my uncle (fan of the show) gave me that nickname. Apparently, I looked just like him

Also, Paz means "Peace" or "Gold" according to this legit source. That's what I am.
20.12.2016 - 21:51
Cass
Cass comes from Cassidy from The Preacher comics, one of my favourite hero.
21.12.2016 - 05:04
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Written by Cass on 20.12.2016 at 21:51

Cass comes from Cassidy from The Preacher comics, one of my favourite hero.

Nice!

How did you feel about that wretched tv show that they tried making?
21.12.2016 - 20:35
Cass
I watched maybe 3-4 episodes and I forgot about it, nothing special for me. Totally diferent from comics, and Tulip, bleh. If I chose between radiator ribs and her pussy I would choose radiator ribs.
21.12.2016 - 20:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Mine is a pseudonym I came up with. I was earlier called 3rdWorldFlowerface and then 3rdWorldFluffyface for a while. It is combination of where I come from and how cute I was as a kid. Anyway got bored with those, so I just changed it simply to reflect my location.
23.12.2016 - 09:35
Paz
Elite
Written by 3rdWorld on 21.12.2016 at 20:37

I was earlier called 3rdWorldFlowerface and then 3rdWorldFluffyface for a while. It is combination of where I come from and how cute I was as a kid.

I remember you being 3rdWorldFuckface... It doesn't sound cute at all
24.12.2016 - 02:35
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Paz on 23.12.2016 at 09:35

I remember you being 3rdWorldFuckface... It doesn't sound cute at all

24.12.2016 - 14:10
Mik
Account deleted
Mik is the short form of Mikolaj (my first name). Wasnt probably so hard to guess
24.12.2016 - 20:04
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 24.12.2016 at 14:10

Mik is the short form of Mikolaj (my first name). Wasnt probably so hard to guess

Especially when you used the full name as a nick for a while before having the current one.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.03.2017 - 17:40
VIG
Account deleted
My username is just a shortened version of my name.
24.09.2017 - 03:08
Drippy.Hippie
"Übermensch" is German for "Over Man" or "Super Man", a concept originally coined by Friedrich Nietzsche. I chose that because, well, I am separate from the herd, I was born that way. I have always been the oddball in the society in which I live. In terms of the Master/Slave dichotomy, deep down, I have always possessed the mentality of a Master. I self-identify as a Satanist, LaVey's philosophy is basically somewhere for the Machiavellian/Übermensch type to turn to, is it not? So yes, it's fitting as fuck.

"242" is the area code of The Bahamas (We only have one single area code in the entire country).
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
17.05.2020 - 02:23
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
I guess the sb talk the other day got me thinking - 5 years as LOG is enough. My daughter is getting older as well and she will soon ask, why is your nick LOG? So before she asks I will put LOG to sleep, enough is enough. But before we bury him you want to know.

When I found MS I saw lots of people named LordSatan, BIGJim, DarkAngel, etc... Names that portrayed power in a cliche metal way. I wanted such name but one that was a bit different, had more depth to it and was fun. Its a funny name and I think I wore it well. I have to disappoint you though - I am not gay. Sorry.
17.05.2020 - 22:15
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
It's my name
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?