Metal Storm logo
The Band that Invented Metal

Original post

Posted by Lupas, 01.06.2006 - 18:51
I wonder who was the first band that invented True Metal Music .
Some say that was OZZY or ACDC and others would say LED or even Metallica.
Better leave to you this decision
18.05.2007 - 02:41
BrightNight
Youre right about that, and a Metalhead who does not respect Black Sabbath is not a Metalhead, not in my eyes.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
01.06.2007 - 19:36
Hatebreeder_509
Account deleted
sabbath, judas priest, iron maiden.... = Grandfathers of metal
01.06.2007 - 20:40
RavenLord
Written by Author on 01.06.2007 at 19:36

sabbath, judas priest, iron maiden.... = Grandfathers of metal

Not so much Maiden. Priest formed in the same year that Sabbath released their self-titled, but bands like Motorhead and Judas Priest were well established by the time Maiden came around...Motorhead and Priest influenced much of the 80's metal scene initially, with Maiden starting to make their influence known to the world by around 81/82...

If Sabbath and Priest are the grandfathers of metal, then Motorhead are the great uncle, and Maiden are the (unrelated) uncle (the son of Priest). Diamond Head are the cousin of Iron Maiden, and foster father (along with Priest and Maiden) to the 80's thrash metal scene (Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer). Don't you love genealogy?
----
02.06.2007 - 17:03
Nazeef
Metal was formed in Metalorgy Industries!!
What the hell are you talking about!!
Metal is a Socio-Musical Phonomenon...Not an invention, like Nobel made Dynamite.
No Modernity, No War,
No WW2, No Metal...Masters and Servants made Metal.
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
21.06.2007 - 11:33
Hatebreeder_509
Account deleted
lol ... that makes perfect sense ... well ill keep that in mind... the geneiology of metal ... soo silly
28.06.2007 - 00:19
graywolf87
Account deleted
metal was made by a caveman during the stone-age trust me...fucking metal monkeys !
28.06.2007 - 21:54
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
You know, the fact is, there were probably bands playing metal before Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Rush emerged in the late 1960s. In fact, there were! Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer, Stepenwolf, The Yard Birds, Cream, etc. Sure, they were not brutal, or grim, or epic, but they sure as heck were heavy!

And for all you Black Sabbath freaks, there were other bands in their area playing similar music, Sabbath just happened to do it a little bit better and make it big.
----
(space for rent)
30.06.2007 - 01:56
Varegan
Hamranakara
metal roots is in rock!!! and now a very very deeep answer: Elvis Prisly begins the rock
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
02.07.2007 - 08:49
[southern]metal
I gotta say Black Sabbath was the first metal band. Their sound is what made them stand out. The egg was there before they broke out, but they fertilized it.
----
oderint dum metuant
04.07.2007 - 06:56
Conservationist
Equally King Crimson, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin.

All inspired by classical music at some point, so I'd say J.S. Bach for the form.
07.07.2007 - 09:05
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Black Sabbath, to me, was the first 'Metal' band. Along with their s/t being the first 'Metal' album.
05.12.2007 - 12:16
Smurfophagist
Yup, I think that Black Sabbath invented metal...
In my opinion the grandfathers of metal would be Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
05.12.2007 - 12:37
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Arguably Led Zeppelin
Most definitely Black Sabbath, heavy metal was born from Iommi's finger tips

But, consider this:
Immigrant Song
Vikings anyone? "To fight the horde, singing and crying/Valhalla, I am coming!"

The Battle of Evermore, Misty Mountain Hop, Ramble On
What's more metal than LOTR
07.12.2007 - 01:03
mankvill
Black Sabbath
07.12.2007 - 01:32
TheReaperBuzznet
Account deleted
You can draw it like a family tree. Sabbath at the top, Priest their only son, Iron Maiden and the other NWOBHM bands are Priest's kids, NWOBHM bands had two kinds of kids: power metal kids and thrash metal kids, thrash -> death -> black, and so on and so forth.
07.12.2007 - 02:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 07.12.2007 at 01:32

You can draw it like a family tree. Sabbath at the top, Priest their only son, Iron Maiden and the other NWOBHM bands are Priest's kids, NWOBHM bands had two kinds of kids: power metal kids and thrash metal kids, thrash -> death -> black, and so on and so forth.

about kids Venon and King Diamnond was playinmg and born in same time when NWOGHM so
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.12.2007 - 06:05
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 05.12.2007 at 12:37

Arguably Led Zeppelin
Most definitely Black Sabbath, heavy metal was born from Iommi's finger tips

But, consider this:
Immigrant Song
Vikings anyone? "To fight the horde, singing and crying/Valhalla, I am coming!"

The Battle of Evermore, Misty Mountain Hop, Ramble On
What's more metal than LOTR

Don't forget "Over The Hills and Far Away". Read more about it here.
----
(space for rent)
08.12.2007 - 04:01
Metalbound7
Elements that help to create Metal: *the riff of you really got me (The Kinks), *the songs of Helter Skelter(The Beatles), Born to be Wild(Stephen wolf), *The Character of Uranian Willy the heavy metal kid of the novel "The Soft Machine", * the Bands of Deep Puple and Led Zeppelin. and finally the true creators of Metal: Black Sabbath and Judas Priest
08.12.2007 - 18:51
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Written by BrightNight on 18.05.2007 at 02:41

Youre right about that, and a Metalhead who does not respect Black Sabbath is not a Metalhead, not in my eyes.

I personally consider Black Sabbath "The God of Metal" along with Jimmy Hendrix
14.12.2007 - 21:15
BrightNight
Jimmy Hendrix did things with his guitar no one ever heard before...so indeed he invented lots of things...things also used in Heavy Metal i agree.

And im with "Introspekrieg". Tony Iommi Greated Heavy Metal with his Riffs.......everyone who says otherwise does not understand the first orgins of Heavy Metal.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
16.12.2007 - 21:12
Bulletdodger
Black Sabbath gave metal the dark and evil side , Led Zeppelin gave metal the speed and the heaviness and the catchy melody . They are the grandfathers if metal .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
19.12.2007 - 16:26
FOOCK Nam
A metalhead from Canada told me eep Purple - Highway Star is first heavy metal influental song.
EDIT: I mean Deep Purple
19.12.2007 - 18:19
Ellie
Account deleted
Black Sabbath, Blue Cheer, the Kinks, Cream..I mean thats what metal came from..
27.12.2007 - 06:20
Ascalon
Maiden in their early years ... middle of 70's just lie Sabbath... always you'll have influences from Psichodelic Rock ... and even Classic Music
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
27.12.2007 - 08:05
Oracle
Orcinus
well there are a wide range of bands which invented metal but Black Sabbath made metal popular and inspired alot of metal bands.
29.12.2007 - 12:47
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Adding to Hendrix also, that word heavy metal was first used in Steppen Wolf's song "Born to be Wild" AND in a review of Hendrix's gig, where to music was described with such word as " . . . Like heavy metal falling from the sky" ( So pretty damn heavy stuff it was ).
09.01.2008 - 20:07
Hamird
Lieutenant
i think that Led Zeppelin albums were the first metal movement. but Black Sabbath was the first band which worked in the name of metal music...
but there is something for me ... what do you about these:
black metal, death metal and industrial metal invented by which bands? i think it Mayhem, Death and Killing Joke ... but im not sure... can someone help me with these?
09.01.2008 - 22:11
RhysTerk
Led Zeppelin was the first band playing something near metal but Judas priest and Black Sabbath was the first true metal band imo
10.01.2008 - 10:20
Harmonic
Account deleted
Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath were strongly influenced by the blues. (Same with Elvis Presley.) So the blues is really where it all started. In truth, pretty much everything came from the blues. Take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues

So who invented the blues?
10.01.2008 - 10:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Author on 10.01.2008 at 10:20

So who invented the blues?

The devil together with Robert Johnson at the crossroads?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996