Metal Storm logo
French Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by meTalcoholic, 17.05.2006 - 05:25
Also known as frogs/froggies. Were are all you french MSers hiding??
13.06.2008 - 00:03
yvesson
Hej,
Well I have a meeting with members of another forum in Cambrai at a medieval festival next sunday, but unfortunately my car atm can't bring me that far ://
I guess I have to wait a bit until I have my new car... Hmm Dagorwen are you intersted in chainmail bras ? ^^
13.06.2008 - 00:32
Dagorwen
Hey, great, I do medieval reenactment to! Are you on "les guerriers du Moyen Age"?
And of course, I'm interested in chainmal bras!!! that's fucking great, will look like Red Sonja ^^, the only problem is that I have (fast) nothing to put in!!!
13.06.2008 - 00:36
yvesson
Written by Dagorwen on 13.06.2008 at 00:32

Hey, great, I do medieval reenactment to! Are you on "les guerriers du Moyen Age"?
And of course, I'm interested in chainmal bras!!! that's fucking great, will look like Red Sonja ^^, the only problem is that I have (fast) nothing to put in!!!

Hej,
Good dudette, that's less work that big boobs ^^
I did reenactment long time ago now, but I'm more interested in medieval-fantasy and stuff, but still visit medieval festivals here and there. And nope, way smaller forum/site than GMA's ^^
I know at least two people registered there, though.
Check my chainmail bras, follow the link in my siggy ^^
13.06.2008 - 00:50
Dagorwen
That's so great!!! and there is an hypocras recepy to! It really looks like Red Sonja!!!
13.06.2008 - 00:58
yvesson
Hej,
Well you wanna look like red sonia really ? Maybe that's doable, I'd have to make a chainmail bottom too, then ?
Thanks for the visit and the vote anyway ^^
13.06.2008 - 01:05
Dagorwen
No, it was a joke, I'll never look like Red Sonja ^^ (but nevertheless, a chainmail bottom is a good idea, you should contact Demonia's store !)
14.06.2008 - 00:19
Dagorwen
Hey everybody! I found something in Paris for the one who won't be at Hellfest!!!!!
It's a free concert taking place from 2pm to 2am at the corner of the rue des Boulangers and rue Monge, 75005
there are many bands, going from punk to death metal, trhough heavy metal and other great things
14.06.2008 - 06:05
Anton Alcolust
ok that sounds cool , i think i'll come here with friends . have you the band's names who'll play here ?
----
A.M.S.G.
14.06.2008 - 14:52
wrathchild
Staff
That's great! I won't be there of course but knowing such a concert can take place somewhere not far from where I work is definitely great
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
14.06.2008 - 15:56
Dagorwen
So, actually it's from 4pm to 2am, the bands are:

Dread of Night [heavy metal]
Syllia
Angalys [punk rock]
Dustbowl [cold wave/ hard rock]
Nedra [Rock]
Third Eye [hard rock]
Edensends [heavy metal]
Sin & Death [Death metal]

I know no one of these bands, but it will be a great occasion for discovering. The underground station is "Cardinal Lemoine"
I'll be there, of course!
14.06.2008 - 22:06
wrathchild
Staff
I've seen some of those names before, yet the only one I found was Nedra.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.06.2008 - 11:47
yvesson
Hej,
Seems one guy from nedra posts on the france2 forums (in french).
18.06.2008 - 16:45
Dagorwen
The 5th is definitly the metal area!!! I found something else for the 21th (soory, the following is in French)

Angle des rues des Ecoles et de Poissy, Métro Cardinal Lemoine
Kébab Métal (mais quel nom de merde!!!!)
17h30 : S Project (hard rock),
19h : Hevius (heavy métal),
20h30 : Polaris (heavy métal),
22h : Niflheim (métal folk),
23h30 : Atomsk (steam punk).

So, it seems we will have choice enough!
19.06.2008 - 00:53
Anton Alcolust
there another stuff at Jussieu

place de Jussieu (metro Jussieu)

19h: Speed Science: Heavy Thrash (Amiens)http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=307852951

20h: Holy Cross: Heavy Metal (St Etienne)http://www.myspace.com/holycrossmetal

21h: Moonwrath: Metal Sympho (Clermont)http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=129187933

22h: Ö-Nirik: Brutal Melodic Death Metal (Amiens)www.myspace.com/onirikweb

23h: Overload: Melodic Death Metal (Cergy)http://www.myspace.com/overloaddeathmelodicmetal
----
A.M.S.G.
19.06.2008 - 12:55
Deadsoulman
Elite
As far as I remember, Overload were not bad
19.06.2008 - 14:07
Dagorwen
fuckin' hell, it's becoming really hard to chose....

edit:
so, finally, my own programm (eveything is almost in the same area, really near), where I'll be tomorow:

16h30: Dread of Night (at the corner from rue des boulangers and rue Monge):
17h30 Syllia (I hesitate between that (at Monge) and S Projec, at the corner from rue des Ecoles and rue de Poissy, M : Cardinal Lemoine)
18h30 Angalys (Monge)
19h :Speed Science at the place de Jussieu (metro Jussieu)
19h30: Dustbow (Monge)
20h Holy Cross (at Jussieu)
20h30 Polaris (Cardinal Lemoine)
21h Moonwrath (Jussieu)
22h ö nirik (Jussieu)/ Niflheim (Cardinal Lemoine)(I hesitate SO much!!!)
23h Overload (Jussieu)
00h15 Sin and Death (Monge)
22.06.2008 - 14:56
Dagorwen
sorry for the double post but here comes the reviw:
I didn't really followed my programm, for the death and black concerts at Jussieu were SO good but also full of drunk dudes and being alone, it wasn't that a good place to be, but the music was just awesome (speed science and holy cross, then they went too drunk and I left)

et Monge, I went for the two first bands, they were really good, the singer of the second band (Syllia I think, but I'm not sure) was like Dio but young and taller, he was SO energic, funny, cool!

But the best was Niflheim, the moshpit, the growling "chalenge" between a tall viking looking dude with a Burzum Tshirt, an other barbarian dude with a Rammstein Tshirt and I... well, I just can't speak anymore ^^
24.06.2008 - 00:39
wrathchild
Staff
So you didn't meet with Anton there? Too bad, but well, we have to set a meeting with MSers of Paris. I'm just not good at organising whatever it is...
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
24.06.2008 - 00:47
Anton Alcolust
awww i wasn't at paris finally , because a good friend who 'll go to the USA for 6 month do a "goodbye party" .
----
A.M.S.G.
01.09.2008 - 14:26
Deadsoulman
Elite
Any of you MSers who live in Paris going to the Killing Joke show(s) on September 26th and 27th? I plan on going to the second one, so any offer for a beer or more serious booze before, during or after the show will be considered
01.09.2008 - 15:03
Hyvaarin
HEY EVERYONE I AM IN FRANCE NOW
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
01.09.2008 - 16:22
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Welcome to the land of good food and admistrative nightmare !
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
13.09.2008 - 19:03
Noxos
Where is the MS Awards 2004 ?
14.09.2008 - 00:18
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Noxos on 13.09.2008 at 19:03

Where is the MS Awards 2004 ?

I don't really remember, but it's very possible we started doing the MS Awards only in 2005 Before that, we only had Staff Top 10's.
14.09.2008 - 11:54
Noxos
Ah ok, thanx !
14.09.2008 - 22:51
Dagorwen
Who'll come to Heidenfest the 9th/11 at La Loco? I'll be there!
29.09.2008 - 23:32
Hyvaarin
Written by Darkside Momo on 01.09.2008 at 16:22

Hahaha! I've found both of those to be 100% true, oh my god...

Does anyone know of any cool metal/hardcore/alternative record shops in Lyon? So far I've kind of been limited to FNAC and OCD, and you know...they're good, but not great haha.

And if any Lyon member wanna meet up for a beer or anything, that would be awesome!
----
30.09.2008 - 22:35
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Dagorwen on 14.09.2008 at 22:51

Who'll come to Heidenfest the 9th/11 at La Loco? I'll be there!

Not sure if I'll go... But who knows, if it isn't sold out the day before I may change my mind.

Written by Hyvaarin on 29.09.2008 at 23:32

Does anyone know of any cool metal/hardcore/alternative record shops in Lyon? So far I've kind of been limited to FNAC and OCD, and you know...they're good, but not great haha.

And if any Lyon member wanna meet up for a beer or anything, that would be awesome!

I guess Collin can help you in finding a record store, and I guess he wouldn't mind meeting up for a beer, ask him
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
01.10.2008 - 18:52
Deadsoulman
Elite

There's a couple of good cd shops (gothic / metal / alternative stuff) in the Vieux Lyon but I haven't been there in ages and I can't for the life of me remember their names. They may as well be closed now. I know there's another one around the Croix-Rousse but same shit, different place, I don't remember the name and the address lol. There may be other places but I haven't made a single metalhead friend in two years since I'm in Lyon so I have to get the info on the field and I'm a bit lazy I usually buy my cds on the web or at concerts.

About having a beer, well I love beer haha. I think I could find my way through any pub in the Vieux Lyon with my eyes closed So no problem about washing down a couple of pints!
02.10.2008 - 21:54
Hyvaarin
Written by Deadsoulman on 01.10.2008 at 18:52

There's a couple of good cd shops (gothic / metal / alternative stuff) in the Vieux Lyon but I haven't been there in ages and I can't for the life of me remember their names. They may as well be closed now. I know there's another one around the Croix-Rousse but same shit, different place, I don't remember the name and the address lol. There may be other places but I haven't made a single metalhead friend in two years since I'm in Lyon so I have to get the info on the field and I'm a bit lazy I usually buy my cds on the web or at concerts.

About having a beer, well I love beer haha. I think I could find my way through any pub in the Vieux Lyon with my eyes closed So no problem about washing down a couple of pints!

Excellent! I'll have a walk around Vieux Lyon tomorrow and see if I can find any shops haha.

AND I'm going to Vieux Lyon for beers soon, too . Fucking totally the best part of Lyon haha.
----