Metal Storm logo
Ayreon

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 18:39
The huge famous project of Arjan Lucassen.

Also the mastermind of Stream Of Passion and Star One and Ambeon and a lot other bands.
But IMO his best thing he does it Ayreon.

I guess it doesn't need more introduction.

Personally his best albums are: The Human Equation and Into The Electric Castle because they're both very well balanced.

Go on please...
13.10.2006 - 17:13
DeadElven
Yeah, The Human Equation is totally awesome, somehow it reminds me Pink Floyd "The Wall". Other albums are great too, I like songs "Into The Black Hole" and "Out Of The White Hole" from "Flight Of The Migrator" album. On the whole all songs are good and catchy.
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
03.12.2006 - 12:16
mastero87
Hey! Someone knows what does the very ending part mean? Arjen didn't reveal it in SBS interview... What is the connection between this album and early ones? I can't really understand, someone plz help me!

The Human Equation program aborted.
Have a nice day.
Dream Sequencer system offline.

Emotions
I remember...
03.12.2006 - 13:09
Ivor
Staff
Get yourself previous albums, namely "The Dream Sequencer" and "The Flight of the Migrator" and follow the story-line. That will clear up the point.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
03.12.2006 - 20:20
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by mastero87 on 03.12.2006 at 12:16

Hey! Someone knows what does the very ending part mean? Arjen didn't reveal it in SBS interview... What is the connection between this album and early ones? I can't really understand, someone plz help me!

The Human Equation program aborted.
Have a nice day.
Dream Sequencer system offline.

Emotions
I remember...

For me it seems like it's the last man on earth (or on mars) that's lying in the dream sequncer machine and he is using it because he has forgotten everything about emotions. "Forever of the Stars" talks about not having feelings or emotions in The electric castle, so maybe the last man on earth is infact one of the aliens. I don't remember the Castle-storyline to well ATM though... but it's something like that I think.
04.12.2006 - 01:13
Bitch Boy
My favorite Ayreon album is definitely The Human Equation. My favorite songs Loser and Love. The Human Equation gets even more credits because I think that earlier albums had better guests, but couldn't make such a masterpiece like The Human Equation.
04.12.2006 - 02:00
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Ivor on 03.12.2006 at 13:09

Get yourself previous albums, namely "The Dream Sequencer" and "The Flight of the Migrator" and follow the story-line. That will clear up the point.

I.

That is right. The Human Equation was the first of the Ayreon albums not to have a Space Sci/Fi concept, while it was still sci/fi it was a different style. But he plays a little joke on everyone at the end. If you can find the SE version of the album it has a DVD and in it Arjen talks about the end.
----
(space for rent)
05.12.2006 - 10:09
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I still think The Flight Of The Migrator is their best album. Sure The Human Equation has a masterpiece storyline, but i still think alot of the songs musically are nothing more than filler. Voices, Memory, Pride, Betrayal, Accident?, Disclosure for example. I understand they are a part of the story and all, but alone musically i find them quite average. Flight Of The Migrator was full of inspiring material.
07.12.2006 - 11:55
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I love The Human Equation, so I disagree with you there, but I do know what ya mean with "fillers", there are *some* songs, not necessarily the ones you mentioned, which feel a bit much. At the end of the day it's all part of the storyline though ^^

And more material with these awesome vocalists the better, rather have too many songs than too few, eh? ^^
11.12.2006 - 23:58
TLZ
Account deleted
The Human Equation is simply masterwork. One of my all-time favorite prog metal albums.
09.01.2007 - 23:55
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
The Human Equation is a masterpiece Arjen is to Prog like Tobias Sammet is to power hehe
----
Stay Metal !!!
10.01.2007 - 00:34
Bitch Boy
@ Dark Cornatus: I don't think those songs are fillers, maybe they aren't as catchy or as complex as others, but the whole album is good.
10.01.2007 - 13:53
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
@Dark Cornatus, fillers? to me they arent, i love all songs on the whole cd
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
13.01.2007 - 02:01
DarkMistress
Flight of the migrator was an awesome album, though, the human equation is still nice, more catchy than FotM but still nice, i love day 11: love hehe
and also, the female voices in THE are great and impressive
----
Wait in fire
13.01.2007 - 02:10
The Human Equation is great, and also other Ayreon's albums, but I personally like a lot The Human Equation, by far, it's my favorite album by this band, it's really amazing.
14.01.2007 - 11:06
Freezer
great composer, great "leader" and, of course, the maker of many good works. Just to say it, it's one of the bands that start with an "A" :p
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
15.01.2007 - 02:59
Angra Fan
Account deleted
WTF fillers?? they are no fillers
03.04.2007 - 02:36
Bitch Boy
Happy birthday Arjen!!!!
03.04.2007 - 14:12
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
happy birthday to the greatest composer of all time, happy birthday Arjen Anthony Lucassen!
----
07.04.2007 - 01:58
Robstar
I really like The Human Equation ... Great stuff I must say
----
Nothing is unreacheable
09.04.2007 - 06:10
AtLossForWords
Spinozistic
Written by Dark Cornatus on 05.12.2006 at 10:09

I still think The Flight Of The Migrator is their best album. Sure The Human Equation has a masterpiece storyline, but i still think alot of the songs musically are nothing more than filler. Voices, Memory, Pride, Betrayal, Accident?, Disclosure for example. I understand they are a part of the story and all, but alone musically i find them quite average. Flight Of The Migrator was full of inspiring material.

I'd have to say both of the Universal Migrator albums were Ayreon's most ambitious matierial. Human Equation and Into the Electric Castle have a lot of very "typical" Ayreon moment.s While there is nothing wrong with any of that, I just believe that on Universal Migrator, Ayreon was doing something that was very different from the rest of the project.

That being said, I think Universal Migrator has the best crew of guest vocalists to. Sure, on Human Equation you have guys like LaBrie, Akerfeldt, and Townshend who are all legends in their own right. However universal migrator gives you one of the most variant casts of vocalist anyone could ever have. Allen, Kotipelto, Floor Jansen, Damian Wilson, Neal Morse, and Bruce fucking Dickinson. Universal Migrator was certainly a brilliant moment in the history of Ayreon.
----
Proud owner of many erased pages.
09.04.2007 - 07:07
Bitch Boy
@ AtLossForWords: I fully agree with you on the guests part. I mean, "The Human Equation" had good guests and did a really good work, but earlier works, especially "Universal Migrator", had much better guests.
09.04.2007 - 14:09
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by AtLossForWords on 09.04.2007 at 06:10

Written by Dark Cornatus on 05.12.2006 at 10:09

I'd have to say both of the Universal Migrator albums were Ayreon's most ambitious matierial. Human Equation and Into the Electric Castle have a lot of very "typical" Ayreon moment.s While there is nothing wrong with any of that, I just believe that on Universal Migrator, Ayreon was doing something that was very different from the rest of the project.

That being said, I think Universal Migrator has the best crew of guest vocalists to. Sure, on Human Equation you have guys like LaBrie, Akerfeldt, and Townshend who are all legends in their own right. However universal migrator gives you one of the most variant casts of vocalist anyone could ever have. Allen, Kotipelto, Floor Jansen, Damian Wilson, Neal Morse, and Bruce fucking Dickinson. Universal Migrator was certainly a brilliant moment in the history of Ayreon.

Yes the guest vocalists are better with the older releases. Im actually thinking The Final Experiment is equally first too.
09.04.2007 - 21:20
Bitch Boy
Who would you guys want to appear in the next Ayreon album?? I think that it would be great if Daniel Heiman, Matt Barlow, Tarja Turunen, Vibeke Stene or Jonas Renkse appear.
09.04.2007 - 21:43
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
please scrap Tarja again...

i personally would love to hear Sharon DenAdel on it instead
----
09.04.2007 - 22:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Holy hell...if Tarja is on an Ayreon album I would wonder if Arjen is on crack or not...
09.04.2007 - 22:17
Bitch Boy
hahahaha come on, don't be that bad to poor old Tarja.

@ Bas: I don't think that neither Sharon nor anyone else would repeat an appearence in an Ayreon album unless it's completely necessary, for example, if it's related to her character "Indian".
09.04.2007 - 22:28
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
ah sorry i forgot that she already was on one the albums, haha

well i'd also like to see Amy Lee on Ayreon, and please listen to Origin before you bash her
believe me, she's absolutely brilliant on that album

and i.. "don't like" tarja...
----
10.04.2007 - 00:46
Bitch Boy
@ Bas: I like Amy Lee's voice but only in studio she's good, and I wouldn't mind if she appears in an Ayreon album.
14.07.2007 - 21:04
Torelli
Looks like Simone Simons is going to appear on the new album! It will be intresting to hear what kind of songs she will sing. The only thing I know is that Simone is a talented singer, regardless what one may think of Epica.
20.07.2007 - 16:56
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
@Torelli: Really? that would be really nice, or at last surprising ^^

I really like Ayreon, although Im not really into the futuristic lyrics and shit, but the music is flawless.
----