Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
15.10.2009 - 21:44
InfernoxDeath
Dark Tranquillity owns!
The Gallery is probably, in my highest opinion, the best Melodic Death Metal album to date.
18.10.2009 - 05:55
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Awesome awesome fucking band...doesn't let me down. this is what led zepplin would sound like if they were cool.
19.10.2009 - 02:54
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 18.10.2009 at 05:55

...doesn't let me down...

Very true. The reason they usually stand above most of the bands of the genre is their extreme consistency. I can always seem to listen to these guys.
----
Coldgrits
20.10.2009 - 18:27
InfernoxDeath
Written by -DC-002- on 19.10.2009 at 02:54

Written by Guest on 18.10.2009 at 05:55

...doesn't let me down...

Very true. The reason they usually stand above most of the bands of the genre is their extreme consistency. I can always seem to listen to these guys.

It's hard to ignore a band that has been consistent throughout. Horns up!
30.10.2009 - 18:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I recommend the new DVD to everyone. Besides having my favourite the gallery song "edenspring" and most of my fiction and character songs, it has some of their best songs, and the energy of the Italian crowd is just amazing, totally worth seeing.

The documentary is interesting especially because you can hear other band members and a bit about DT's history but it doesn't add much as much as the Gothemburg scene is concerned, despite the discussion.

The extra live videos don't have the best quality, except for the 2000 onwards videos, as you would expect.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.11.2009 - 21:25
FeskarN
A video about the making of the new album "We Are The Void" has been posted online. Sounds really good imo. Looking forward to the next part.

Check it out here:

----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
30.11.2009 - 21:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Thanks WinterChild. I had watched it already and I can't really say anything at this point but I'm glad they are doing these studio videos, at least it will keep me closer to the final product.
----

My Instagram
30.11.2009 - 21:52
Fhuesc
Sounds great, but dangerously similar to Fiction.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
01.12.2009 - 02:48
MetalSpider
Im interested in hearing the final product.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
02.12.2009 - 03:27
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
The songs played in that vid sounds very Dark Tranquillity, or very modern Dark Tranquillity, in the vid it sounds very like Fiction, tho I don't think they will go for the exact same sound when the final product is finnished.
02.12.2009 - 19:26
MeloDeathViking
I like what I hear in the video, but it's very hard to tell considering how early in the process it is and how they tweek things as they go.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
24.12.2009 - 02:47
xxhamzxx
Oh my god you don't even know how much I love DT, Honestly... Their my favorite band, I feel emotionally attached to them. If I saw them life I'd scream like a little girl about to see the jonas brothers.

My favorite albums if I had to choose would be Projector > Character > Haven > Damage Done > The Gallery > Minds I > Fiction > Skydancer
20.02.2010 - 16:18
Satanus
Fuckin' great band ... with their awesome Keyboard chords ... Fiction is the most greatest album ever ...
21.02.2010 - 12:17
Eeric
Account deleted
This new album is great DT never seems to disappoint me
22.02.2010 - 16:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
That's the first time I hear someone say their new album is great. Everyone is bashing the album. I do trust my good friend who has listened to it and says its very good.

It should be here next week. I'm very curious.

DT are probably the most consistent band out there.
----

My Instagram
22.02.2010 - 16:42
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by BloodTears on 22.02.2010 at 16:21

Ever heard of Bolt Thrower?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
22.02.2010 - 21:15
Zio
Mah ... Nothing special in their last album in my opinion ...
----
Knowing is not enough we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do. ~
23.02.2010 - 11:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Promonex on 22.02.2010 at 16:42

Sure Never listened to them though. Why?
----

My Instagram
23.02.2010 - 13:18
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by BloodTears on 23.02.2010 at 11:47

Ah, was just wondering because it's them who are often considered the most consistent band out there. I'd also mention Korpiklaani, but they are crap

Back on topic: I haven't checked the album out yet, didn't quite have the time yet, but "Shadow in Our Blood" didn't impress me at all. What are the best tracks in your opinion? Anything a la "Inside the Particle Storm" on this one?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
23.02.2010 - 14:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Promonex on 23.02.2010 at 13:18

Written by BloodTears on 23.02.2010 at 11:47

Ah, was just wondering because it's them who are often considered the most consistent band out there. I'd also mention Korpiklaani, but they are crap

Back on topic: I haven't checked the album out yet, didn't quite have the time yet, but "Shadow in Our Blood" didn't impress me at all. What are the best tracks in your opinion? Anything a la "Inside the Particle Storm" on this one?

I'm still waiting for the original album to arrive, so I can't really say much at this point. I only listened to the songs they had on their myspace, dream oblivion and some other I can't remember. And then they had the video for "shadow in our blood" and the first time I listened to that song it didn't click, but the second time I started to see something better there.

I'm wondering about Bolt Thrower now. Should I listen to them? I'm curious.
----

My Instagram
24.02.2010 - 05:14
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
I also think the latest album is great! It's something new for DT, more experimental, with their sound of course. But damn. I love it! It's dark, it's melodic, it's melahncolic. Superb in my opinion!
24.02.2010 - 09:13
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Promonex on 23.02.2010 at 13:18

I do like Shadow In Our Blood. Dream Oblivion is also good imo. And while Arkhangelsk is not really similar to Inside the Particle Storm, I do feel it's the closest. And best song of the album!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
24.02.2010 - 13:13
I_Die_Often
I went with what people here rated the best and got Character, very good!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
25.02.2010 - 00:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Well Character is indeed one of their best albums in my opinion, certainly the best "modern" DT album as far as I'm concerned. I haven't listened to their new album, so I can't consider talk about that one yet.
----

My Instagram
25.02.2010 - 00:29
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by BloodTears on 25.02.2010 at 00:21

certainly the best "modern" DT album as far as I'm concerned.

If you consider "modern" to be from Haven onwards, then I agree with you... even thought I prefer Damage Done for (very) personal reasons.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
25.02.2010 - 15:19
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
DT has always been a hit or miss affair for me... I like "Haven"; "Damag Done" was so-so, then it kinda clicked, really disliked "Character", but "Fiction" turned out great to me.

Back to the new album... I think I like it, not too sure though. What annoyed me the most was the clean vocals... Never expected that really
----
loves 小巫
25.02.2010 - 16:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It's funny how music is so subjective.
----

My Instagram
26.02.2010 - 18:43
MeloDeathViking
Written by Ag Fox on 25.02.2010 at 15:19

DT has always been a hit or miss affair for me... I like "Haven"; "Damag Done" was so-so, then it kinda clicked, really disliked "Character", but "Fiction" turned out great to me.

Back to the new album... I think I like it, not too sure though. What annoyed me the most was the clean vocals... Never expected that really

But they have clean vocals on several of the othe albums, including "Fiction" How is it unexpected? I personally love his clean vocals, I think they are used just the right amount on "Fiction", so I have to wait and see how they are used on the new album.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
26.02.2010 - 23:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Darkside Momo on 25.02.2010 at 00:29

Written by BloodTears on 25.02.2010 at 00:21

certainly the best "modern" DT album as far as I'm concerned.

If you consider "modern" to be from Haven onwards, then I agree with you... even thought I prefer Damage Done for (very) personal reasons.

Yes, that's what I meant. And I also love Damage Done, it was such an important album for the scene, very influencial and definining but I value Character a little bit more because of the surprise factor, I really wasn't expecting that.
----

My Instagram
27.02.2010 - 01:55
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by MeloDeathViking on 26.02.2010 at 18:43

Written by Ag Fox on 25.02.2010 at 15:19

But they have clean vocals on several of the othe albums, including "Fiction" How is it unexpected? I personally love his clean vocals, I think they are used just the right amount on "Fiction", so I have to wait and see how they are used on the new album.
unexpected for me as they felt out of place, unlike "Fiction". I'll give "We Are The Void" some space for now and return to it sometime next week
----
loves 小巫