Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
11.02.2008 - 07:34
m3t4lh34d
Absolutely my favorite band of all time. I consider nearly every one of their releases to be flawless, and they consistently find a way to progress their sound whilst remaining true to their roots, something almost no other bands can do. Absolutely mind blowing.

If I had to pick a favorite album it would probably be Damage Done, this is probably due to the fact that it was the first album of theirs I listened to. Although, again, I consider nearly every one of their releases to be perfect. The atmosphere that they create in their albums is unmatched. Soundtrack to the post-apocalypse.
11.02.2008 - 11:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 10.02.2008 at 22:29

Written by BloodTears on 10.02.2008 at 22:02

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 10.02.2008 at 19:35

My favourite album must be Fiction. It's more simple than the others, but still has the energy that DT always had. It's very melancholic and dark, very atmospheric. It's just flawless album.

How is it more simple? I always saw it as a complex piece.

Well, if you compare it to Character you hear that the riffs are more simple, and also the songs structures. It's more straight forward, and not to many things going on in the same time. And as I'm aware that's what the DT guys wanted to as well, and whenever you listen to Character you always find something new in the background, in Fiction there are not all that much things in the background. At least that's how I see it.

I agree that Character was even more complex than Fiction (you got a good point there), there was no way they were going to top that but I think think its superior to their other releases (not counting character in).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.02.2008 - 22:20
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
@BloodTears: Yes, I also think Fiction is superior, just because of the fact that it's more simple, not all things going on in the songs. More straight forward.
11.02.2008 - 23:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
@Reconciler: what do you think they will do next?
----

My Instagram
12.02.2008 - 05:58
m3t4lh34d
I wouldn't be all that surprised to see them reincorporate some of their older elements, in the vein of The Gallery or The Mind's I.

Can never tell with DT though.
12.02.2008 - 21:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
True, but I really don't see them going back to Gallery although I would love if they actually did because that album is perfect.
----

My Instagram
12.02.2008 - 22:36
EverFrost
The Gallery ... Can not be described with words.
12.02.2008 - 23:09
Melodeath Master
Written by BloodTears on 11.02.2008 at 23:58

@Reconciler: what do you think they will do next?

Well. I think they will take the atmosphere from Fiction and do something more rough and more melancholic. Maybe a bit more speedier this time around like Character, but with more piano passeges like in Fiction. Maybe more clean vocals from Stanne, which was flawless in Fiction. That's what I think they'll do. But you can never tell with DT, they probably end up surprising everyone like always
13.02.2008 - 01:08
m3t4lh34d
Written by BloodTears on 12.02.2008 at 21:22

True, but I really don't see them going back to Gallery although I would love if they actually did because that album is perfect.

Yeah they definitely won't go all the way back, but I can see them incorporating some of their older sounds.

Although like Reconciler said, they'll probably just end up surprising us all.
13.02.2008 - 10:35
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Well we just have to wait and see I really would like if they came back to the lyrical power of The Gallery, it was just unique in such a way... I'm not disappointed at all with the lyrics of the albums they did after that on the contrary, I always thought that their lyrics were really good, but the Gallery's lyrics were special.

About the clean vocals, its a possibility even though I'm not a big fan of his clean vocals, i'm all for the growls with Stanne which he has been improving.
----

My Instagram
18.02.2008 - 05:48
m3t4lh34d
Written by Guest on 18.02.2008 at 05:02

No favorite. I love everything they create.

That's because Dark Tranquillity couldn't suck if they tried. They shit gold.
18.02.2008 - 09:16
b0000mst1ck
Written by m3t4lh34d on 18.02.2008 at 05:48

Written by Guest on 18.02.2008 at 05:02

No favorite. I love everything they create.

That's because Dark Tranquillity couldn't suck if they tried. They shit gold.

haha, very true. they're one of the few bands from that genre that haven't gone soft.
18.02.2008 - 11:33
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
they shit gold lol
----

My Instagram
29.03.2008 - 13:54
Ereinion
Account deleted
DT is going to recorde a Sentected cover song for a upcoming compilation album for Century media. Here is a sample from the song called Broken
29.03.2008 - 14:06
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by EverFrost on 12.02.2008 at 22:36

The Gallery ... Can not be described with words.

So is that your favourite Dark Tranquillity?
----

My Instagram
29.03.2008 - 15:20
Black Winter
Personally I don't have one favourite DT but I appreciate the most Projector, Exposures In Retrospect and Denial and The Gallery
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
29.03.2008 - 17:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Black Winter on 29.03.2008 at 15:20

Personally I don't have one favourite DT but I appreciate the most Projector, Exposures In Retrospect and Denial and The Gallery

Hmm favorite I dunno Ihave no too but ONE song are stronger and better how others its ThereIn
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.03.2008 - 18:06
Fhuesc
Written by Bad English on 29.03.2008 at 17:05

Written by Black Winter on 29.03.2008 at 15:20

Hmm favorite I dunno Ihave no too but ONE song are stronger and better how others its ThereIn

I agree, that's the best song from DT
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
03.04.2008 - 22:35
Colony
Account deleted
I'm actually currently listening to "ThereIn" by these guys so w00t!
01.05.2008 - 21:51
Mikyz
All DT releases are great my fave song is ThereIn also ^^ so m/
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
02.05.2008 - 01:44
ZombieDeath
Hi !! Dark Tranquillity was one of my favourite band but now i don't think so, when i had loved this band i though that they r so good, but now i think that Dark Tranquillity dosen't have any objectif from their music just playing &enjoying themselves. So why i have to listen to them now .
18.05.2008 - 16:14
Melodeath Master
Written by Metal Guardian on 18.05.2008 at 09:38

I just got DT's newest album (compilation) "A Closer End" .
This album released on 2008/5/3.
Many songs and lives are included in this compilation.
It's very awesome !!

There is no album/compilation from Dark Tranquillity that's named "A Closer End". If you bought an album called that you're totally screwed by the one selling it! Their latest album is "Fiction", and it's soon to be released as an extended edition. So, you're screwed man, it's nothing more than someone has put together alone.

And while I'm at it. Can't wait to the extended edition of Fiction! It seems awesome!
18.05.2008 - 16:24
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 18.05.2008 at 16:14

It's very awesome !!

There is no album/compilation from Dark Tranquillity that's named "A Closer End". If you bought an album called that you're totally screwed by the one selling it! Their latest album is "Fiction", and it's soon to be released as an extended edition. So, you're screwed man, it's nothing more than someone has put together alone.

And while I'm at it. Can't wait to the extended edition of Fiction! It seems awesome!

Nop, he wasn't screwed. Take a look at this: http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=196161
I wasn't aware of this release too.
18.05.2008 - 16:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Interesting release. But if you're like me and always buy the original cds, you'll get the bonus tracks anyway. I usually don't go for compilations, I think its a waste of time in a way, but it can be interesting for new fans of the band.
----

My Instagram
18.05.2008 - 17:31
Melodeath Master
Written by Unconsecrated on 18.05.2008 at 16:24

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 18.05.2008 at 16:14

It's very awesome !!

Nop, he wasn't screwed. Take a look at this: http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=196161
I wasn't aware of this release too.

You shouldn't rely on Metal-Archives. Here are the official releases of Dark Tranquillity taken from their OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://darktranquillity.com/music/index.html
18.05.2008 - 17:40
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
That's odd...
18.05.2008 - 20:27
Melodeath Master
Written by Unconsecrated on 18.05.2008 at 17:40

That's odd...

Metal-Archives lists are not always to rely on. In these cases the bands official sites are always the ones to trust, not some metal site like Metal-Archives which is very incomplete if we compare it to MetalStorm. On M-A it's much easier to "fool" the staff etc. than on MS.
19.05.2008 - 23:58
Gordon Freeman
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 18.05.2008 at 20:27

That's odd...

Metal-Archives lists are not always to rely on. In these cases the bands official sites are always the ones to trust, not some metal site like Metal-Archives which is very incomplete if we compare it to MetalStorm. On M-A it's much easier to "fool" the staff etc. than on MS.

I don't know if 'incomplete' is the right word...considering how many more bands are on MA as opposed to Metal Storm. I mean...I'm sure Metal Storm will catch up eventually, but there are tons of worthy bands that should be on here but are not and quite a few non-metal bands on here that should not be.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
20.05.2008 - 00:14
Melodeath Master
Written by Gordon Freeman on 19.05.2008 at 23:58

That's odd...

I don't know if 'incomplete' is the right word...considering how many more bands are on MA as opposed to Metal Storm. I mean...I'm sure Metal Storm will catch up eventually, but there are tons of worthy bands that should be on here but are not and quite a few non-metal bands on here that should not be.

That's the problem. To many bands on MA. With incomplete I ment that the database and information about the bands on MA is not that complete, and often wrong.
20.05.2008 - 00:25
Gordon Freeman
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 20.05.2008 at 00:14

Written by Gordon Freeman on 19.05.2008 at 23:58

That's odd...

That's the problem. To many bands on MA. With incomplete I ment that the database and information about the bands on MA is not that complete, and often wrong.

True enough. I think all the no name bands with only an EP to their names shouldn't be on the site. But like I said, there are a lot of bands that really should be on here.

Don't get me wrong...I'd rather come here for metal discussion, the people on MA kind of suck. But I usually go there for my info just because there is a bigger chance I'll find what I'm looking for.

And so far I haven't really encountered a lot of incorrect info myself...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking