Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
24.07.2010 - 06:37
Javier_000
Holy molly. Rap is one of my favourite genres.
I have to admit i've been a metalhead since i was a teenager. But then due several chapters in my life i've been going through several music genres....
Until some day i got to listen to Tupac thanks to some friend.

Then somehow i began to listen to it more and more and at the end of the day i was searching for rap lyrics and artists. Just like i started to check up metal!.

With my metalhead-analysis ( wich is impossible NOT to do for someohe who's been into metal before ) i found out Rap is not actually much about music but about 'beat' and lyrics.

The Rap artists i ike the most are :

Tupac - L.A.
Notorius BIG - N.Y.
South Park Mexican - Texas
Eazy E - L.A.
Dr Dre - L.A.
Xzibit - L.A.

There are so much more rap artists i should give a check...
I wonder if the old rap is still better than the newer one. Just like mtal. Heh!
Uncomparable genres for me, but yeah, Rap is good.
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
25.07.2010 - 06:13
The Turbanator
Anyone here hears underground rap? I'm not talking about Lil Wayne/Eminem bullshit.

I mean like Reef the Lost Cause : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmDIwenIF1Q or Vinnie Paz : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQ4Ml3sxCY

Too good man. Too good.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
30.08.2010 - 18:55
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by The Turbanator on 25.07.2010 at 06:13

Anyone here hears underground rap? I'm not talking about Lil Wayne/Eminem bullshit.

I mean like Reef the Lost Cause : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmDIwenIF1Q or Vinnie Paz : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQ4Ml3sxCY

Too good man. Too good.

You know it. The underground rap is where the true talent shines.
Slaine : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG4c027PCTg
Sicknature ft. Ill Bill & Q-Unique : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3s093q0SBI
Canibus : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHzleG2zxss&feature=related
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
02.10.2010 - 17:18
JD
Account deleted
Am listening to 'Snoop Dogg - Up Jump Tha Boogie' right now! god i miss old school.
03.10.2010 - 20:52
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Young talent, huge potential emerging out of the grime scene. This fellow, fellows... is Devlin setting the bar higher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVX1lTAOiA
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
04.11.2010 - 19:34
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Anybody know about Virtuoso ? White MC out of the east coast. I'd reckon one of the best lyricists in the genre.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qxke7IAwlY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40oLSnpcRDA
----
10.12.2010 - 21:19
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Virtuoso out with his new album. Best release to date and easily on top of the pyramid in hip hop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvr8OwWvrvI
----
10.12.2010 - 21:25
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Snowgoons also out with their new album. Their best effort to date as well in my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPovzFmYsQ
----
01.01.2011 - 21:20
Elio
Red Nightmare
Man, Asa is great.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.01.2011 - 01:56
IronAngel
I generally don't like rap, and I'm not amazed with this album either, but Kno's Death Is Silent is fairly cool. I like the soundscapes and atmosphere, and he has a nice enough voice. The rapping just doesn't interest me, because I'm not into lyrics.

02.01.2011 - 13:47
Elio
Red Nightmare
Yeah Death Is Silent was a pretty cool album, check out CunninLynguists material if you haven't, Kno makes crazy beats and some guests as Tonedeff are featured too.

Which album was your favourite for 2010, people? I gotta go with Big Boi's Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, pretty solid and great beats and singles.

Also, what do you think of Kanye's? Believe the hype or not?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.01.2011 - 18:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 02.01.2011 at 16:00

well about kanye's newest, i got a good vibe with the first few songs on it, but then it just became lame. totally better than 808 anyway, imo. glad you liked Asa. i haven't listened rap that much in 2010, so i don't name a one record this time.

Well, my comment about Asa wasn't referred to that song you posted, I actually like his album Loppuasukas a lot.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.01.2011 - 18:31
EvilFever
Ceza > everyone else
04.02.2011 - 08:23
Gurth Bennas
Oh I can't stand Rap. when listen to it I get a bad headache!!!! they sing like machine gun!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
06.02.2011 - 21:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Gurth Bennas on 04.02.2011 at 08:23

Oh I can't stand Rap. when listen to it I get a bad headache!!!! they sing like machine gun!

I think you mean to say they "flow" like a machine gun
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.02.2011 - 19:37
Gurth Bennas
Written by Arian Totalis on 06.02.2011 at 21:19

I think you mean to say they "flow" like a machine gun

yup, something like that! but I think they don't flow they babble! anyway, hip hop is more better than Rap I think. actually I like melodic themes more.
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
15.04.2011 - 06:11
wormdrink414
Elite
What? You've been looking for blackened rap with a political agenda regarding human rights abuse in China? Me too.

15.04.2011 - 10:50
IronAngel
Love the 80s TV show theme or car advertisement sound:

Not the best track off Oneirology, though. It's a pretty cool album, I'd be all over it if the actual rapping didn't bother me. Lovely soundscapes, kinda reminds me of Tricky or even Portishead at times, oozing mid-paced and acidic darkness.
16.04.2011 - 15:17
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by IronAngel on 15.04.2011 at 10:50

YES! Cunninlynguists delivered again. That song is awesome, just like Hard As They Come and many others. Better than the two previous album and almost on the same level of A Piece of Strange, I'd say.

This year has already given us good stuff, everybody check out new Big K.R.I.T. album
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
18.04.2011 - 07:54
chimx
I love hiphop, from mainstream artists like Nicki Minaj, Kanye, UGK to underground artists like Jedi Mind Tricks, Outerspace, Immortal Technique.

New challenge... find some metal/rap hybrids--not counting the faith no more raprock groups. Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Trigga and Quick remix of Circle Takes the Square:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY84qaPuzes

Blackastan has an intro to his album Black Sabbath where he raps over a Black Sabbath sample.
20.04.2011 - 04:00
whatsacow
I despise gangster rap with a passion, but I love hip hop. Artists like Bliss n Eso, Hilltop Hoods, Drapht, cLOUDEAD, and the first two albums by Eminem, because some of the songs are just fucking hilarious. Not a fan of Lupe Fiasco, but love the song "Kick, Push"
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
21.04.2011 - 06:18
Andre
Y'all should also see DMX perform on Woodstock and the crowd went fuckin insane, singing along and barking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDg3JGBBYjo
22.04.2011 - 12:50
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Elio on 16.04.2011 at 15:17

Written by IronAngel on 15.04.2011 at 10:50

YES! Cunninlynguists delivered again. That song is awesome, just like Hard As They Come and many others. Better than the two previous album and almost on the same level of A Piece of Strange, I'd say.

That new CL album has to be one of my favourites this year, all genres included. So fucking tight. I really enjoy Kno's solo stuff but what he does here is really superior in every possible way.

There's a couple of albums I've really been enjoying lately, especially the first three:
Kenn Starr - Starr Status - Between underground hip hop, soul and cool r'n'b. That first song with the rapping over a classical harp gets me every time
J. Cole - Friday Night Lights - Another mix of genres, very emotional, flows really well.
Ovall - Don't care who knows that - Sometimes more jazz than hip hop, a real mindfuck at times. Japanese stuff.
JLaine - VA is For Lovers
Oddisee - Mental Liberation
30.04.2011 - 05:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Frankly im a true metal head but my second picks would be punk and rap... obviously not the industrial piece of shit punk and rap that we see nowadays but HOLY shit there is good rap. My favorites are french ones from Quebec... lol yes yes, nobody knows them, they're underground as hell and obviously uses my everyday's slang so that might explain why. But most of them in here are lyrically brilliant. I mean its because of rappers like 50cent, Lil john, lil wayne and other crap manufactured rap that we Metal heads don't like them... yes they don't always play instruments but that doesn't mean they're bad. One of my favorite is actually always using guitar, piano and lots of other instruments, hes called Manu Militari hes a Canadian french rapper and frankly hes one of the best.

Here it is you might not understand shit but its about their life style, its called (L'empreinte) which means *imprint* its how they call Tagging... you know spray paint... anyways listen to it even if you dont understand im pretty sure you'll love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9P7LFWEAqY

Oh and yeah, they actually painted especially for the official clip, don't know if some of them got caught lol... probably

- Comme dans la police tout les corrompu s'unissent - *Like in the police all the corrupted are united*
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.05.2011 - 07:35
JCJen7
I have a pretty interesting taste in rap, probably because I don't actually like the genre. However, there have been immensely talented artists that have made great rap music. Since I don't really give a shit about lyrics, I tend to prefer rap that just sounds pleasing to the ear. I listen to a lot of Eminem because I like the edge he has. I don't know what he's rapping about, but I prefer it to a guy lazily rhyming over a half-assed beat.
My current favorite rap song is an odd style, but I like it because of the crazy unpredictable beat, and the aggressive style.

Another random rap song I like is from the Gorillaz' album Plastic Beach. This one is actually really laid back, but it is really smooth (kinda hypocritical from what I said earlier, I know. I don't know how to explain it, I mean 50Cent raps lazily, Snoop Dogg raps laid back. Thats the best I can do.)

----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
28.05.2011 - 19:10
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I fucking hate Eminem. He is the most dramatic rapper out there. I would honestly rather listen to gangster rap than another Eminem song. Everything that this guy does is soooo fucking depressing.

Mainstream rap in a whole is pretty horrible. All they do is spend the time talking about themselves.
28.05.2011 - 20:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 19:10

Mainstream rap in a whole is pretty horrible. All they do is spend the time talking about themselves.

They whine a lot too

There's still some good rap unfortunately it's all underground and you have to dig deep.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.05.2011 - 20:54
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I know that. I just don't like the mainstream version of it.
10.06.2011 - 18:32
Guitarmind
Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 20:54

this.
24.06.2011 - 00:15
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 20:54

Mainstream rap has sucked since the early 2000's when all that weak ass southern "bling bling" ignorant shit started coming out.. You have to look at underground or local rap to find anything worth listening to.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.