‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Users visited: 213  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by M C Vice on 10.12.2011 at 10:05
What are the albums that seemingly everyone hates but you think are great? Or so-called masterpieces that you find mediocre at best? Do you love Risk or Lulu? Do you thimk Blackwater Park or Painkiller are steaming piles of horse crap?
For me, Master Of Puppets was just boring. Take Welcome Home, Battery and The Thing That Should Not Be off it and I'd give it a 5.
I do, however, love Gallhammer's Ill Innocence (as well as The End), Judas Priest's Turbo and Black Sabbath's Seventh Star.
How about you? Where does your opinion differ to the masses. Go on, be honest. Its the internet, no one will ever know.

Page 6 of 6

MetalSpider

14.07.2013 at 18:34
Britney Spears
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
Enteroctopus

07.03.2016 at 23:14
Carcass - Swansong: Kind of a thrashy, melodic direction for the band, but I like it!! My friend gave it to me because he thought it was garbage, so I figured, "What the heck? Free CD!"
Lord_Regnier

08.03.2016 at 04:08
To add to the discussion about "revivalist": the difference in the case of Thrash is that the genre was pretty much dead in the 90's. Black Metal and Death Metal, on the other hand, have been continually present on the scene since they started. Unlike Thrash, they didn't went through some "Golden Age" and almost disappeared a few years later.
Just try to find any good Thrash in the 90's. You will either find stuff that strays away from Thrash quite a bit or albums that just flat out suck.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
@gent_-_orange

08.03.2016 at 15:59
Written by Enteroctopus on 07.03.2016 at 23:14

Carcass - Swansong: Kind of a thrashy, melodic direction for the band, but I like it!! My friend gave it to me because he thought it was garbage, so I figured, "What the heck? Free CD!"

On the flip-side to that I would say Heartwork is completely mediocre, never really got the love for that record.
----
Alone he sits, A vanquished Lord upon an oaken throne, presiding o'er this conflict that chills him to the bone, for each tarnished blade that festers is a thorn thrust in his side and his pain alone bears witness to the folly of mankind.
Enteroctopus

08.03.2016 at 19:49
Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.03.2016 at 04:08

Just try to find any good Thrash in the 90's.

Testament was pretty solid in the 90's, especially Low. Slayer had Seasons which is pretty close to a thrash classic.

I also liked Megadeth's Youthanasia quite a bit. Yes, it's a bit more of a rocking album, you might even say it leans in an arena rock vs thrash direction, but it has solid songwriting. "Family Tree" is one of my favorites.

And how can we forget Pantera? They pretty much dominated the mid-late 1990's. Pure, classic thrash? No, but who can argue with Great Southern Trendkill?! Smack in the middle of the "metal is dead" era, drunk-ass Phil managed to sober up long enough to put that to shame!

Written by @gent_-_orange on 08.03.2016 at 15:59

On the flip-side to that I would say Heartwork is completely mediocre, never really got the love for that record.

Couldn't agree more! Tracks 6 and 8 do have some nice guitar duels, though. I'm always up for a lead duel.
Lord_Regnier

08.03.2016 at 22:39
Written by Enteroctopus on 08.03.2016 at 19:49

Written by Lord_Regnier on 08.03.2016 at 04:08

Just try to find any good Thrash in the 90's.

Testament was pretty solid in the 90's, especially Low. Slayer had Seasons which is pretty close to a thrash classic.

I also liked Megadeth's Youthanasia quite a bit. Yes, it's a bit more of a rocking album, you might even say it leans in an arena rock vs thrash direction, but it has solid songwriting. "Family Tree" is one of my favorites.

And how can we forget Pantera? They pretty much dominated the mid-late 1990's. Pure, classic thrash? No, but who can argue with Great Southern Trendkill?! Smack in the middle of the "metal is dead" era, drunk-ass Phil managed to sober up long enough to put that to shame!

Never liked Testament one bit and "Low" I find boring as hell.
"Seasons In The Abyss" is a very good album but it's from 1990. I meant after 1990 when I referred to the 90's (I know it's a bit weird).
Megadeth and Pantera I never liked either. Apart from Slayer, I don't like American Thrash.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
Jtbmetal123

09.03.2016 at 13:22
A lot of people hate some stuff I listen to but I like all music. Including pop and some hip hop stuff. Its whatever.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Login or register to post here.