Metal Storm logo
Shining

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 07:00
Suicidal Black Metal baby...

one of the most obscure bands on earth... passionate, dense, suffocationg, fullfilled by despair... their debut album is my favourite followed by The Eerie Cold...

what do you expect for their next? the chapter V is released this year...
05.08.2008 - 13:02
VPeter
1.music represents the artists and it is just as crap as their image

2.it is intended as a pun, since suidicial black metallers act just as childish and pathetic as the stereotypical emo kid. Also because of suidical black metal's whiney vocals.
05.08.2008 - 13:59
Swarrrmed
Account deleted
1. To each his own.

2. You're thinking of the new pop-punk with angsty lyrics. Sorry bud, but that's not Emo.
05.08.2008 - 18:58
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by VPeter on 05.08.2008 at 13:02

music represents the artist

exactly. so why do you hate shining for their image?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.08.2008 - 19:37
VPeter
not just their image but also their music sucks in my opinion.
05.08.2008 - 22:55
Xaphiris
Written by VPeter on 05.08.2008 at 13:02

Also because of suidical black metal's whiney vocals.

BTW, I see you like My Dying Bride ...
----
06.08.2008 - 14:55
VPeter
and? no, I don't like the sobbing parts in Songs of Darkness, Words of light.
06.08.2008 - 17:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by VPeter on 06.08.2008 at 14:55

There are whiney vocals on every single My Dying Bride album. According to your reasoning they should be just as emo as Shining.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 18:04
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.08.2008 at 17:46

Written by VPeter on 06.08.2008 at 14:55

There are whiney vocals on every single My Dying Bride album. According to your reasoning they should be just as emo as Shining.

no, acording to you and I forgot to tell I was talking about the whiney emo black metal screams.
06.08.2008 - 20:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
What sound do you guys hope for with the new album? I'd like the "Halmstad" sound but maybe a little more... hmm... I don't wanna say darker really. But "Halmstad" with the sad atmosphere from the earlier albums, like II and IV.
----
06.08.2008 - 20:45
Damnated
Churchburner
oh come on, you're making fun of yourself. you like when MDB whines, but hate when someone else does. besides, what Kvarforth does can be called everything BUT whining.

as far as i see it, you never heard any Shining. so lets move on.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.08.2008 - 20:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Damnated on 06.08.2008 at 20:45

oh come on, you're making fun of yourself. you like when MDB whines, but hate when someone else does. besides, what Kvarforth does can be called everything BUT whining.

the exact same thoughts I had because of his answer to my question/statement.

So, back to Warman's question. Somehow I do hope it is a bit/lot darker than Halmstadt although I do love V. If it gets any lighter than V he is veering off into territories I despise; and that is Lifelover land, so Coldplay black metal land and I HATE Coldplay and find Lifelover overrated as hell because of the annoying Coldplay/Britpop influences.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 21:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.08.2008 at 20:57

So, back to Warman's question. Somehow I do hope it is a bit/lot darker than Halmstadt although I do love V. If it gets any lighter than V he is veering off into territories I despise; and that is Lifelover land, so Coldplay black metal land and I HATE Coldplay and find Lifelover overrated as hell because of the annoying Coldplay/Britpop influences.

I kinda agree, I don't want a lighter sound. That would mean Lifelover, yes. I do love Lifelover, but we already have one and that's enough.
----
06.08.2008 - 21:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 06.08.2008 at 21:05

I kinda agree, I don't want a lighter sound. That would mean Lifelover, yes. I do love Lifelover, but we already have one and that's enough.

That's enough for you, but for me that's MORE than enough for me

I only got Erotik because it was in a sales bin for just a couple of euros
And I wanted it original, cause you know what they say... Know your enemies
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2008 - 21:51
VPeter
Written by Damnated on 06.08.2008 at 20:45

well there are allways people who like the high power vocals of Sonata arctica but hate the ones of Blind Guardian.
I am of such kind, it is hard to explain. but then again who am I? my opinion on Shining doesn't count really since I dislike all Suidicial black metal.
06.08.2008 - 22:59
TheBigRossowski
I would certainly hope that the next Shining isn't like Lifelover. Its good where it's at.... bands can either take it a step up or a step down. I hope it follows in the same vein as typical Shining without taking a drastic fall. Some bands add too much which makes an album overboard, but I don't foresee that with Shining.

I have decent hopes for VI!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
06.08.2008 - 23:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by TheBigRossowski on 06.08.2008 at 22:59

I have decent hopes for VI!

Oh I certainly have decent hopes as well since Shining has NEVER let me down with the music OR the vocals. These vocals are truly emotional without going off onto the pathetic whiny EMO bitching vocals My Dyng Bride (amongst others) uses and therefore sounding fake as fuck whereas Kvarfoth's vocals sounbd reall from the depths of his soul.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2008 - 02:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I can't wait for VI. Shining. SHINING.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.08.2008 - 18:42
TheBigRossowski
Written by Lucas on 07.08.2008 at 02:48

Too bad, shit happens! You have to wait for VI. December. DECEMBER! ALLOW ME TO RE-EMPHASIZE OUR PAIN: DECEEEMMMMMMMMBBBEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

You have to think of Kvarforth screaming that last "December" or else it loses it's touch.
----
07.08.2008 - 18:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I also waiting to know what kind of music it would be...
It would be very good if they mix the clean guitarrs from V but the darkness from I - II

Kvarforth is brilliant and that's it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.08.2008 - 18:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by TheBigRossowski on 07.08.2008 at 18:42

Written by Lucas on 07.08.2008 at 02:48

Too bad, shit happens! You have to wait for VI. December. DECEMBER! ALLOW ME TO RE-EMPHASIZE OUR PAIN: DECEEEMMMMMMMMBBBEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

You have to think of Kvarforth screaming that last "December" or else it loses it's touch.

Damn, DECEEEEEMMMMMMBBBBEEEEEERRRRRRR? I think I will cut myself out of pure frustration
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2008 - 18:50
Sunioj
Aren't they going to have a new bassist on as well? I suppose Kvarfoth knows what he's doing, I think he wrote all the basslines for the past records as well so perhaps he is going to get someone, better. (?) I can't imagine Shining's basslines getting any better, they are just so gut wrenching!
07.08.2008 - 18:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Sunioj on 07.08.2008 at 18:50

Aren't they going to have a new bassist on as well? I suppose Kvarfoth knows what he's doing, I think he wrote all the basslines for the past records as well so perhaps he is going to get someone, better. (?) I can't imagine Shining's basslines getting any better, they are just so gut wrenching!

It wasn't the guy from Gorgoroth that I would do the bass?
----
Rod, let me love you.
07.08.2008 - 19:00
Sunioj
Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.08.2008 at 18:51

Written by Sunioj on 07.08.2008 at 18:50

It wasn't the guy from Gorgoroth that I would do the bass?

I think that's the word... we'll see, I don't think Kvarfoth would've included him if he thought he wasn't capable of bringing the smack down.
07.08.2008 - 20:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Sunioj on 07.08.2008 at 19:00

I think that's the word... we'll see, I don't think Kvarfoth would've included him if he thought he wasn't capable of bringing the smack down.

Exactly... Specially since the bass is an important instrument for Shining's music
----
Rod, let me love you.
07.08.2008 - 23:47
Damnated
Churchburner
King's a good addition. just listen to what he's done in Sahg.
----

08.08.2008 - 16:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Wooo, for that comment I went curious and looked at Sahg myspace, good music and the bass sounds great

the exact same thoughts I had because of his answer to my question/statement.

I don't get any kind of feeling from Coldplay or Lifelover on Shining's music... even if Kvarforth say that Coldplay is an influence of his.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.08.2008 - 16:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
About Warman's question: I hope it'll be darker than ever, in fact, I hope it will be too DARK for me to handle. I seriously hope they can create a big mindfuck of an album.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.09.2008 - 16:34
NECURATU
I won't judge VI by the cover and songtitles...but they do sound like the same crap all over again. Too much fucking desolation if you ask me.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
05.10.2008 - 14:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Pre-ordered the new album.
----

05.10.2008 - 14:46
TheBigRossowski
Written by Lucas on 08.08.2008 at 16:41

About Warman's question: I hope it'll be darker than ever, in fact, I hope it will be too DARK for me to handle. I seriously hope they can create a big mindfuck of an album.

After listening to a new song LIVE I can say you might really feel its a mindfuck! That song was so fucking weird! When it began I couldn't even comprehend what was happening, it was awesome! lol
----