Metal Storm logo
Shining

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 07:00
Suicidal Black Metal baby...

one of the most obscure bands on earth... passionate, dense, suffocationg, fullfilled by despair... their debut album is my favourite followed by The Eerie Cold...

what do you expect for their next? the chapter V is released this year...
11.11.2008 - 22:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Read this!

Awesome news. With this coming out somewhere in the next couple of weeks (I suppose) and the release of the new Shining as well, I'm a VERY happy.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.11.2008 - 18:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Album pushed back to (early?) 2009.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.12.2008 - 09:22
Galar
Wicked Mung
Shining is the darkest shit i have ever heard... but its freakin amazing!!
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
01.01.2009 - 00:14
Zombie, M.D.
I've been listening to lots of Shining lately. What fucking planet is Kvarforth from, anyway? That guys voice is unreal, not too many can capture the sound of being in complete miserable agony like him.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
01.01.2009 - 01:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 01.01.2009 at 00:14

I've been listening to lots of Shining lately. What fucking planet is Kvarforth from, anyway? That guys voice is unreal, not too many can capture the sound of being in complete miserable agony like him.

i like him, but at times he sounds like the black metal front man equivalent of Bobcat Goldthwaite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-afZZulNoU ....
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.01.2009 - 15:04
TheBigRossowski
Written by BitterCOld on 01.01.2009 at 01:34

i like him, but at times he sounds like the black metal front man equivalent of Bobcat Goldthwaite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-afZZulNoU ....

I know who that is, I don't want to watch his...probably crappy youtube video, lol. He came to San Angelo, Texas one time I think.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
02.01.2009 - 15:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 01.01.2009 at 01:34

Man... When the video started and the guy said "Thank you very MUUUUUUUUUCH" I swear that was Kvarforth
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.01.2009 - 17:37
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've never been able to listen to this band. I've always wanted to but I can never find anything. I don't even think I could find them on Myspace
----
Coldgrits
02.01.2009 - 17:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 02.01.2009 at 17:37

I've never been able to listen to this band. I've always wanted to but I can never find anything. I don't even think I could find them on Myspace

It really isn't that hard.

Google is your friend.
----

03.01.2009 - 00:05
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Lucas on 02.01.2009 at 17:44

Google is your friend.

thanks.

DAMN! I understand why these guys have such a fallowing now. Truly great music... I may just have to buy some albums. any suggestions?
----
Coldgrits
03.01.2009 - 00:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Man... Shining is not THAT underground tbh...
They are even on youtube XD
----
Rod, let me love you.
03.01.2009 - 01:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 03.01.2009 at 00:05

Written by Lucas on 02.01.2009 at 17:44

Google is your friend.

thanks.

DAMN! I understand why these guys have such a fallowing now. Truly great music... I may just have to buy some albums. any suggestions?

I'd suggest either The Eerie Cold or V - Halmstad. Those two, the fourth and the fifth (and last), are the albums that offer the sound which shows Shining's unique qualities and originality. Suicidal Black metal, pitch-black, but with various fresh influences (blues, cello, classical music). By judging those two, you can also decide which part of Shining is more interesting for you, if you like The Eerie Cold more than you should go back in time with III, II and I (in that order), which are closer to the Burzum-influenced, pure Black metalsound. If you like V - Halmstad more than you should keep a sharp eye for the coming release (I think it's due in February) of VI - Klagopsalmer. (It doesn't work always work that way, I for one prefer the fourth album over the fifth but am still immensily looking forward to the new album).
----

03.01.2009 - 01:29
Zombie, M.D.
I don't really care for any of their cds except for Halmstad, so that would be my recommendation.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
03.01.2009 - 21:49
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.01.2009 at 00:11

Man... Shining is not THAT underground tbh...
They are even on youtube XD

I don't know how it is in "Europe Land" but in the US I'm not hearing the band name, Shining being dropped to often But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough... I guess I was too busy chasing the good old (but not so old) American Dream.
----
Coldgrits
05.01.2009 - 18:16
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I just ordered V - Halmstad from Amazon It was only $8 so I guess its not so hard to get Shining material here.
----
Coldgrits
05.01.2009 - 18:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by -DC-002- on 05.01.2009 at 18:16

I just ordered V - Halmstad from Amazon It was only $8 so I guess its not so hard to get Shining material here.

Great album... I hope you like it
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.01.2009 - 22:44
TheBigRossowski
What the fuck is going on with the new album!? God damn it! At least I heard a new song at the Devil's Revenge Festival, that was something I probably won't forget.

And with Winterfire Fest coming up, looking forward to some MORE new shit!
----
05.01.2009 - 23:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by TheBigRossowski on 05.01.2009 at 22:44

What the fuck is going on with the new album!? God damn it! At least I heard a new song at the Devil's Revenge Festival, that was something I probably won't forget.

And with Winterfire Fest coming up, looking forward to some MORE new shit!

It's coming in february I think. Can't wait.
----

06.01.2009 - 03:17
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Gahdammit. every song off of their Myspace is good. I hate when that happens... I sense some compulsory buys in the near future
----
Coldgrits
06.01.2009 - 14:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by -DC-002- on 06.01.2009 at 03:17

Gahdammit. every song off of their Myspace is good. I hate when that happens... I sense some compulsory buys in the near future

I understand that feeling.... It's like a big kick in the wallet
It happens to me all the time and I go crazy because I don't have money at the moment.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.01.2009 - 18:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yeah I only own I and II. I really must have the others, especially V! And VI of course.
----
17.01.2009 - 12:25
Damnated
Churchburner
Fuck fuck fuck they are coming here in march and in august. fuck fuck fuck i will see them. maybe even twice
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.01.2009 - 17:44
TheBigRossowski
Written by Damnated on 17.01.2009 at 12:25

Fuck fuck fuck they are coming here in march and in august. fuck fuck fuck i will see them. maybe even twice

Just one question, dude...do you have to use so many curse words?

Dude:' ?'

I will see Shining again as well, but I doubt the new album will even be out by then.
----
17.01.2009 - 18:11
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.01.2009 at 17:44

I will see Shining again as well, but I doubt the new album will even be out by then.

in this case i used fuck so many times to express my excitement. i could have used any other word instead, but fuck seemed aproprioate considering that i was very excited. still, if it bothers you i can re-write it to, i dunno, "popsicle popsicle popsicle they are coming here in march and in august. popsicle popsicle popsicle i will see them. maybe even twice ; D"
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.01.2009 - 21:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Just saw their performance at Hellfest again, this time on DVD. Great to see it again. Damnie, you should definitely go.

On DVD I noticed that even in the crowd there were people with self/inflicted injuries and everything... how cool. That's exactly like buying the same shoes Britney Spears has cause you love her music so much.
----

18.01.2009 - 03:34
Ragana
Rawrcat
Actually there is nothing much to say - Shining is awesome. Dark, evil and interesting. And I'm looking forward to see them next Saturday.
18.01.2009 - 15:00
TheBigRossowski
Written by Damnated on 17.01.2009 at 18:11

Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.01.2009 at 17:44

in this case i used fuck so many times to express my excitement. i could have used any other word instead, but fuck seemed aproprioate considering that i was very excited. still, if it bothers you i can re-write it to, i dunno, "popsicle popsicle popsicle they are coming here in march and in august. popsicle popsicle popsicle i will see them. maybe even twice ; D"

Very interesting point, but not quite what I was getting at. I gave Ice Dale my Big Lebowski quiz and after that I just gave up. I'll stick to my own little fan world in my head.

In the Big Lebowski, the Stranger (Sam Elliot...Cowboy) asks him that question. They say "fuck" 218 times in the movie...or something like that. The dude then answers "what the FUCK are you talking about?", lol.

Anyways, fans inflicting injuries onto themselves at the show...wow. It IS just like Alice Cooper said every band trying to be more evil than the last one, except in this case with the fans! I have the shoes too by the way..
----
18.01.2009 - 16:45
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by TheBigRossowski on 18.01.2009 at 15:00

In the Big Lebowski, the Stranger (Sam Elliot...Cowboy) asks him that question. They say "fuck" 218 times in the movie...or something like that. The dude then answers "what the FUCK are you talking about?", lol.

hahaha, it was actually a good quote, but i'm slow, and ruined everything.. sorry bout that.
----

21.01.2009 - 10:43
Medicinmannen
Account deleted

Anyways, fans inflicting injuries onto themselves at the show...wow. It IS just like Alice Cooper said every band trying to be more evil than the last one, except in this case with the fans! I have the shoes too by the way..

"OK"
21.01.2009 - 14:52
TheBigRossowski
Written by Guest on 21.01.2009 at 10:43

"OK"

Why did you put quotations around the word OKAY? I don't really have these Britney Spears shoes, I'm the Dude...man, I wear sandals..and what not.

I would rather see Shining with Koldbrann in Darmstadt, but that's exactly on my wife's birthday. Shit.
----