Metal Storm logo
Best Music Videos

20.05.2006 - 18:23
Alouqua
Account deleted
Ok, this is the video Thread. I have to admit I'm a visual person and I love good videos. I wanna know which are, for you guys, the best music videos and why. please give some information about the director...
one of my fav. directors is Michel Gondry. He have made amazing videos (and movies by the way)!Is a great artist, very unique. He have work with Björk, Foo Fighters, The White Stripes and a lot of other artist! This man have a very original way to make videos, I mean his videos are beautiful and powerful or weird, in other words. UNIQUE
Another is Howard Greenhalgh I fall in love with his videos when I buy a Placebo DVD. The video? Nacy Boy... Sexy!!!! but he have work with other artists like: System of a Down, Elton John, Soundgarden (my always beloved video Black hole sun), INXS and Iron Maiden (but I don't like the video Rainmaker)...
This is just a few one I like. I choose the directors but i will post some videos I like some day! now I want some opinions and recommendation!
21.05.2006 - 12:23
Avenant
Profane Seraph
I actually have no idea about the directors and such but a good music video just makes a good song that much better... I liked Cradle of Filth's Nymphetamine (although,I don't have much to say about their other videos) and I'm a big fan of the Tool stop motion videos... very interesting. But those are kind of elitist videos because most people don't understand them unless they're too fans anyway - but oh well. It's similar to the a perfect circle video "3 Libras" ...which is just amazing in my eyes.

A new video I like is actually the Dani California video from Red Hot Chili Peppers, where they dress up as other bands (elvis, the beatles, the misfits, nirvana, etc) and so I found that very entertaining. Sometimes plain videos can be good too, like Children of Bodom's "Thrased,lost and strungout" video... sometimes videos can be crappy and bitter an otherwise good song,though.
21.05.2006 - 12:46
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Most of Tool's music videos.

Those are just awesome!
21.05.2006 - 13:41
STorM_BlasT
Account deleted
I love this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7G7rSNDw1Y

Kreator - Pleasure to Kill (live)

Check it out .

Edit: Sorry. Music Vidoes.
Dont really like em, I like em better live.

but heres one:
Rush - Tom Sawyer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g-SetJKMbI
22.05.2006 - 03:06
Icewings
La Luna
Hi my dear ,Nice Thread ..well I'm not so much a visual person liek you are , but I do love videos ..is awesome to see the music and artist you love at the same time ... well my list is long long long long of videos I love ... and well I must tell you I like artistic videos or different like the band orom ..I love their videos they're different ... and yes there's good directors out there ... well youtube.com is as awesome page to find videos ...ohh I love therion videos awesome ..anyways lol like I told you the list goes on btu great thread
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
26.05.2006 - 02:55
-Valhalla-
Enemies of Reality- Nevermore.
Hot Chick. Awesome Song, Worms, Headbanging.
What Else could you want?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJU4IdhGjFQ
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
28.05.2006 - 02:11
Alouqua
Account deleted
Avenant I love tool videos! they are just genius... About the Nymphetamine video for me wasn't special at all was just another video... may be because I hate that song I'm not an objective person...
Twilight As I say, I love Tool's videos... one of my fav is Schism...
Ridden Disease I look both videos and well I like BOTH! I also like the live videos and Kerator have a lot energy...
Icewings Hi dear! Orom??? never hear about them... but if you say that they are good I must find something. About Therion I agree with you, i mean everything they do is pure gold!
Valhalla hot Chikcs.. well I don't know.. I prefer other thing that just hot chicks, like hot men with long hair
Now my turn: well... one of those videos I can't take out of my mind is Mein Teil, one masterful video of Zoran Bihac! that is for me a good video, with a bizarre but true story behind...
28.05.2006 - 17:10
ken
Account deleted
R.H.C.P - Fortune Faded has a real cool video. Most of the peppers videos are great. I like videos that are quite hard to understand at the first time you watch em.
28.05.2006 - 19:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
guns n roses-november rain.man it has such a good storyline(axl's dream)...the part when slah exits the chruch is just amazing,the orchestra,the "hidden track"...(of course i'm talking about the full video not what mtv plays)
michael jackson-thriller.god it's more of a short movie and it revolutionized the way videos are made.the choreography is simply unbelievable...
crappy videos(i couldn't contain myself not to write some):
nightwish-sleeping sun(99).the song is fantastic,the lyrics are excellent,but the original video stinks.
hammerfall-glory to the brave(original version).it does'nt give away that much of an amateurish video like sleeping sun,but a very weak video.the official version is 100 times better,though it's not that good
01.06.2006 - 05:49
Icewings
La Luna
Written by Guest on 28.05.2006 at 02:11

Avenant I love tool videos! they are just genius... About the Nymphetamine video for me wasn't special at all was just another video... may be because I hate that song I'm not an objective person...
Twilight As I say, I love Tool's videos... one of my fav is Schism...
Ridden Disease I look both videos and well I like BOTH! I also like the live videos and Kerator have a lot energy...
Icewings Hi dear! Orom??? never hear about them... but if you say that they are good I must find something. About Therion I agree with you, i mean everything they do is pure gold!
Valhalla hot Chikcs.. well I don't know.. I prefer other thing that just hot chicks, like hot men with long hair
Now my turn: well... one of those videos I can't take out of my mind is Mein Teil, one masterful video of Zoran Bihac! that is for me a good video, with a bizarre but true story behind...

Hi dear , ohh sorry I forgot about this thread , but well yeah I like Orom a lot and here you can find it , I think this video is really artistic , I mean some say is boring but I like it a lot ..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XdtJ_BTmDVM&search=orom

Ohh and I'm sure you'll like this http://youtube.com/results?search=lacrimosa+&search_type=search_videos

----

04.06.2006 - 03:49
Alouqua
Account deleted
OMG, I love you!!!!!!! I don't have enough words to say thanks... I just love Lacrimosa... Thanks dear
One of their videos I love is "Alleine Zu Zweit" because is so sexy (have you seen how Tilo looks Anne?) Another one is " Satura" and "Schakal" is beautiful too... Thanks again.
04.06.2006 - 09:31
Icewings
La Luna
Written by Guest on 04.06.2006 at 03:49

OMG, I love you!!!!!!! I don't have enough words to say thanks... I just love Lacrimosa... Thanks dear
One of their videos I love is "Alleine Zu Zweit" because is so sexy (have you seen how Tilo looks Anne?) Another one is " Satura" and "Schakal" is beautiful too... Thanks again.

awww don't worry anything for Caro , and I'm glad you saw them ....and yes I love lacrimosa too ..they make me cry a lot fo times .....so yeah I like that video a lot ..but I just couldn't stop laughting because one day this guys said that it was 2 lesbians in the video makign love but actually is a guy with long hair I think LOL..but yeah I liek the video and yes I see ..you know I think Anne was pregnant I heard soemthing about it ,liek Tilo and her are having a baby but I'm not sure aww how cute ..and yeah Schakal is one of my favorites
----

04.06.2006 - 22:18
Metalguaska
I liked very much November Rain of Guns 'n Roses, it's a video that has left his mark in my life... i haven't seen enough metal videos... so i can't say which videos are good... but in the other hand i like Safety Dance by Men Without Hats, it so fuckin' bad... that it always makes me laugh...
----
Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea
06.06.2006 - 03:54
Alouqua
Account deleted
Icewings: yeah, I hear the same and I'm so jealous Tilo was MINE! About the video who the hell say that was 2 lesbians??? is guy and a girl!!! well
occultus: i like that video too (November Rain ), is kind of sad. About metal videos... I'm disappointed, there are a few good videos...
06.06.2006 - 04:44
Icewings
La Luna
@Alouqua: My dear actually he was MINE first LOL ...no mentiras I love him but if you said so ...ahhh well they make a good couple and they know each other since forever ..about the video well some guy said that lol he said before I saw the video so when I saw it I was making sure it was guy ...I was looking for a clue jajajajaj and well yeah I foudn it it is a guy I don't know why that person told me that ....
----

06.06.2006 - 12:01
KryptoN
imperceptible
I like Behemoth's "Conquer All" very much. It's quite normal though and a bit funny at times (Nergal is making funny faces and the lipsynch is quite bad) but it really works with the song emphasizing the brutality etc.
Conquer All: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pSf5qyJbBgM

All of Moonspell's videos are awesome, especially "Finisterra" which is probably my all time favourite. Fernando Ribeiro is like the coolest guy ever, hehe. Some of them might feel stereotypical or something, but then you're taking them way too seriously.
Finisterra: http://moonspell.com/

In Flames' "The Quiet Place" is also a nice video although I'm not a big fan of the song itself.
The Quiet Place: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NgMxPHToegw

And then there are some Katie Melua's videos I like.
Nine Million Bicycles: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2bglK1hgA0M
I Cried For You: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftZAZWLrWKo

P.S. Quite bad quality in most of the videos. And sorry I don't know much about the directors.
08.06.2006 - 21:52
Revenant
Account deleted
Candlemass - Bewitched
Immortal - Call of the Wintermoon
Finntroll - Trollhammaren
Kamelot - The Haunting
Tristania - Libre
09.06.2006 - 23:56
Stigmatized
Go to YouTube, type in Immortal....and Enjoy. Watch and see...you'll love it....I promise.
11.06.2006 - 03:15
Danigar
Hello! Nice Thread, although like Icewings said im not too much of a visual person either, i dont know much about videos and i havent seen many. But from the ones i've seen i have to say that i love the ones made by Radiohead, i dont remember the songs or the director or anything in this moment but man do i love those videos. They are kind of crazy and entertening at the same time, and they leave you thinking sometimes. I remember one animated very nice, other where the things move very slowly like in The Matrix, or the best one, where a man falls to the floor, and everyone that passes ask him why did he do that and when they find out, everybody fall too its just great.
13.06.2006 - 02:48
Alouqua
Account deleted
ok... I don't have time to see everything right now but wait and I will see all the videos...
KryptoN Don't worry about the directors, is ok if you bring something new, and you did it! I have to admit that i feel curiosity about Nergal I mean he is kind of weird and have a strange face and the band is really good (not my type but good). i haven't seen this video so i'm glad you have post here. Nice blond by the way. In the tother hand we have Moonspell!!! not a single world
Nine Million Bicycles... I didn't know Katie Melua but I really like this video even if get scared when the car apear and I was spectig to go out a monster! (yeah I'm crazy )

Revenant & Dream_of_Hate let me see those videos and I will coment soon!

Danigar HI HI dear!!!! I LOVE RADIOHEAD!!!!! come on why you didn't told me before! and do you mean this video??? http://youtube.com/watch?v=jPdoRiWhwsw&search=Radiohead
I love it too, is just like them... Tom York is crazy and you can see how he 'dance' (or should i say how he get crazy )

Icewings Ok we can share him... and yeah they make a beautiful couple, they are just adorable!
14.06.2006 - 18:10
Danigar
Hey, my dear Alouqua indeed i like Radiohead very much im glad you like it too , thanks for the video, i really love it too, its been a while since i last saw it so i couldnt remember the name
16.06.2006 - 17:03
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I like a lot of In Flames videos. Cloud Connected and The Quiet Place [VIDEO] were really cool.
17.06.2006 - 16:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey Alouqua! here are my favourites, can't remember all of them, but I'll check my memory and CDs (yes, I download videos, but I buy DVDs as well.

In Extremo - Erdebeermud, Küss Mich.
Guns 'N Roses - November Rain
All of Tool videos
Radiohead - Go To Sleep
Pearl Jam - Do The Evolution
Dimmu Borgir - Puritania (Live at Wacken)
Children of Bodom - Are you dead yet?
Godsmack - Greed

I'll add more when I remember
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.06.2006 - 18:36
marinBG
Children Of Bodom - In Your Face

It has everything that a metal video needs for me - a cool setting, a killer song and a kick ass band just playing the killer song... nothing more, nothing less

Otherwise videos I like are:
Children Of Bodom - Every Time I die
Pain - Shut Your Mouth
Typo O Negative - I don't wanna be me
Nightwish - Nemo
Slipknot - Left Behing
Soulfly - Seekin Strike
Crematory - The Fallen
Lacuna Coil - Haeven's a Lie (the newer version)
Within Temptation - Stand my ground
Sonata Arctica - Don't Say a Word
Korn - Freak on a leash

(wow - quite a lot...)
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
01.07.2006 - 16:18
Alouqua
Account deleted
Here I'm once again!
Reinhardt Hey, I love Tool videos too! and I didn't know you like Pearl Jam... that video is really good, not only the animation but also the whole story, the violence. About Dimmu Borgir, Shagrath I can't have an objective opinion because I'm in love, Shagrath is my lover so... Radiohead and Guns 'N Roses videos are good too. About the others I haven't seen those videos...
marinBG Yeah, a lot of videos and once again a some of them I haven't seen yet.
Ok if you want to know the work of my favourite director in the world you MUST check here:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=Michel%20Gondry&sort=relevance&page=1 This is for Michel Gondry.
01.07.2006 - 19:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
Actually, I think that Iron Maiden has the worst videos ever. Either they just stand and perform the song on a stage or the videos are just weird like "Two Minutes to Midnight". The only good ones are Be Quick or Be Dead and Wildest Dreams.
----
02.07.2006 - 00:03
Alouqua
Account deleted
Warman Ok, I ask for the BEST videos, not the worst
But I have to disagree with you, I like some Iron Maiden videos. For example I really love the video wasting love, the fire, the sensuality, the anguish... and I found their other videos really funny.

by the way... I love your signature... Satanic Mantra?
02.07.2006 - 00:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That Meshuggah video where all they're doing is headbanging and air-playing while sitting down in the tour bus or RV or whatever...shit man...that makes me laugh everytime I see it!
02.07.2006 - 02:10
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Within Temptation - Ice Queen(newer version): I really enjoy the animations surrounding each band member, especially the drummer in the storm.

Nanowar - True Metal Of Steel: So damn amusing.

Freak Kitchen - Jerk: The way this one is filmed is really well done. That, and it's funny.

That's all the metal ones I can think of. Now, for one that'll probably make a lot of people cringe.

T.A.T.U - All The Things She Said: Ignoring the fake lesbian scenes, I like this one for the way it portrays homosexuality as freedom, and those opposed to it being trapped.
----
02.07.2006 - 06:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
- Nightwish - Sleeping Sun 2005: the whole crusade concept is cool.- Epic vdeo
- Pantera - Mouth for War: Awesome video, Great band playing a great song.
- Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut: Werewolf. Period.
- A Perfect Circle - Tres Libras. Cool, don't know why, I like it a lot.
- Children of Bodom - Sixpounder. Reminds me a movie... The psycho that kidnaps girls and tortures them...
- Audioslave - Cochise: Great fireworks, obviously they spent a lot of money inteh video. the fireworks are awesome.
- Slipknot - Before I Forget: They have no masks, but faces can't be seen anyway. A great video.
- Slipknot - Duality: Pure violence
- Saxon - Killing Ground: The grandfaathers of metal in a great live video.
- Stone Sour - Bother: Great FX, Corey and Corey and one of the Coreys becomes old until turns into a dry corpse.
- Kamelot Feat. Simone Simons from Epica - The Haunting: I have to say this is a rare exception in power metal videos, because it's a good video!
- Iron Maiden - Wasting Love: The sadness, the darkness, the song. Great video for a great song.

And Apocalyptica videos, specially for you, Alouqua
- Feat. Linda Sundblad - Faraway Vol 2: Desert, Apocalyptica, the voice of Linda.
- Feat. Mathias Sayer - Hope Vol. 2: Don't have a why, I like it.
- Feat. marta Jandová - How Far /Wie Weit: Factory concept, and the making of the Marta doll is pretty cool., nice FX.
- Path: The battle is awesome! Apocalyptica vs. their own shadows. Is awesome!
- Somewhere Around Nothing: Great scenery.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!