Metal Storm logo
Best Music Videos

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 20.05.2006 - 18:23
Ok, this is the video Thread. I have to admit I'm a visual person and I love good videos. I wanna know which are, for you guys, the best music videos and why. please give some information about the director...
one of my fav. directors is Michel Gondry. He have made amazing videos (and movies by the way)!Is a great artist, very unique. He have work with Björk, Foo Fighters, The White Stripes and a lot of other artist! This man have a very original way to make videos, I mean his videos are beautiful and powerful or weird, in other words. UNIQUE
Another is Howard Greenhalgh I fall in love with his videos when I buy a Placebo DVD. The video? Nacy Boy... Sexy!!!! but he have work with other artists like: System of a Down, Elton John, Soundgarden (my always beloved video Black hole sun), INXS and Iron Maiden (but I don't like the video Rainmaker)...
This is just a few one I like. I choose the directors but i will post some videos I like some day! now I want some opinions and recommendation!
16.08.2006 - 00:30
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Dudes, this thread is in the General Music forum. You should talk about videos from music outside Metal; I bet there is a thread for Metal Videos in the General Metal forum so you can write there.

My favorites would be:

1) Utada Hikaru - Passion

The video starts with this animated female spirit (?) flying in the sky. That spirit goes down in a cloud which is falling too in the form of a wave or something. After some seconds the female spirit becomes Utada which is found in a drawn cloud with a beautiful dress with a long tail. After walking a little she appears with that same dress walking down a passage that to each side has covered people playing some drums to the rhythm of the drum sample of the music. She walks until arriving to a round room where she summons some dancers by raising her hand (those dancers are also covered and their faces are not shown). By the change of the music the background changes, leaves and flowers' petals start falling while Utada moves gracefully with the music. By the end of the song everything changes and we are shown several horses running in what seems a valley. Then we see Utada in that beautiful dress but this time in that same valley. This video is a masterpiece.

2) Dido - Thank You

The video really fit the song. The song talks about calamities not being anything when her love is with her and that is what is shown in the video: they are taking her out of the house and ultimately destroying it while she almost does not care about it because he is with her.

I will write more later on...
----
Christless
16.08.2006 - 15:36
Sunioj
@Darth satanious,
HOLY SHIT! UTADA HIKARU, I CANT BELIEVE THIS, I USED TO listen to them, she has an amazing voice!

My fav music videos are=
COB=trashed lost and strungout
Arch Enemy=Ravenous
Slayer-dittohead (sucha violent video)
Morbid angel- Rapture
Nile- sacrifice to sebrek
Dissection- any live vid on youtube
17.08.2006 - 00:14
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Sunioj on 16.08.2006 at 15:36

@Darth satanious,
HOLY SHIT! UTADA HIKARU, I CANT BELIEVE THIS, I USED TO listen to them, she has an amazing voice!

Yeah dude, and she manages to make her Pop Music to sound different to most Pop Music, in most cases. She is very beautiful too.
----
Christless
17.08.2006 - 00:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Nightwish has pretty good videos, I like Nemo and Sleeping Sun.
----
19.08.2006 - 23:55
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
OMG I so love Do You Want To video by Franz Ferdinand!! It's so retro and funky
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.08.2006 - 03:58
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Satyricon - Mother North
27.08.2006 - 05:50
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Mudvayne - Happy
Lacrimosa - Alleine Zu Sweit
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
27.08.2006 - 11:42
duyhung
Account deleted
I like Metallica's 'The Unforgiven', it's so sombre. Besides, 'Nemo' by Nightwish is also a very good video, it's much better than their videos in their early age
31.08.2006 - 18:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Megadeth's "Hangar 18" is a really cool and nostalgic video.
----
03.09.2006 - 22:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Malice Mizer - Beast Of Blood. It's twisted and scary... But greatly made.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

04.09.2006 - 03:49
Alouqua
Account deleted
YEAH!!!! that one and Illuminati are my fav. videos... and well I also love mayonaka ni kawashita yakusoku if I'm right this are scenes of the movie "bara no konrei"... or i'm crazy? anyway... I love their videos a lot, ALL of them! They have such an interesting concept, and of course their unique esthetic...
27.09.2006 - 09:52
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I quite like Type o Negative's 'Don't wanna be me' it's pretty funny. And yeah I also like nightwish's nemo and also over the hills and far away, thats pretty good too.

Finally any music videos by Bjork are always very trippy and cool.

THE END
27.09.2006 - 17:29
Necronomicon
Account deleted
i like finntroll's trollhammeren music video
05.10.2006 - 06:37
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Kenna's video for 'Hell Bent.' Far from Metal. A kind of electronica. The video is very sad. A sort of stop motion clay video, like Tool.

Check it out. http://youtube.com/watch?v=jS3Aw_cpfJc
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.10.2006 - 05:07
Alouqua
Account deleted
.... it's been a while and I have my new obsession call Dir en grey, obsession that none around me understand.. this is so lonely... but ok, they give me the more powerful videos i can ask for and in this moment I have two videos that I love:
First of all: Obscure... this video make me forget that they are gorgeous... I just keep my eyes on every image, I love it. it kind of bloody but not so hard which make this video perfect for me. (hell I even forget that my toshiya was there!!!!)

The second one is a really good one: Mazohyst of Decadance... do you need an explanation? i don't thinks so...
11.10.2006 - 20:46
ASiema113
Kill Your Mother,Rape Your Dog by Dying Fetus(cartoon version hilarious)
Nile's Sarcaphagous and Cast Down The Heretic
Mother North by Satyricon
that's all I can think of at the moment.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
18.10.2006 - 03:03
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Deftones - Change
Live - The Dolphin's Cry
Soil - Halo
----

18.10.2006 - 03:44
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Hmm.........

Tupac-Hit em up
Tupac/Snoop dogg-2 of Americaz most wanted
Snoop Dogg-Doggy Dogg world
Death-Lack of Comprehension
Dimmu-Sorgens Del Kamar (Ah, jesus eating himself, beutiful)
Dimmu-Progencies of the great appocalypse
Guns n' roses-welcome to the jungle.

I don't even know why I'm posting, because there are like, infinant amounts of good videos.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.10.2006 - 04:42
Eskhata
I like the 'Chemical God' video by Shade Empire. It has some feelings.
18.10.2006 - 09:10
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Anal Nosorog - Vagina Says
Russian Goregrind!
18.10.2006 - 11:27
Eight
Shapeshifter
InFlames - Bullet Ride (by some anime team)
- Pinballmap

Soilwork - Light The Torch
- As we Speak

Monster Magnet - Space Lord
- Heads Explode

Dark Tranquillity - Lost To Apathy

non metal:

Royksopp - Beautiful Day Without You
- What Else Is There

it's atleast 10% of all my favourite videos.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
18.10.2006 - 12:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
well I am not a big fan of music videos generally but the following I find great.

Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Primus - Mr. Krinkle
Primus - Lacquerhead.
Primus - Southbound Pachyderm
Primus - The Devil Went Down To Georgia (IMO THE best stop motion video EVER)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.10.2006 - 17:20
Alouqua
Account deleted
I would like you people to share good videos, but not always metal videos... there are a lot videos outside Metal...
For my right now...
Björk: Pagan Poetry directed by Nick Knight.... is kind of weird and at the end i feel pain (can you believe it?) if you hate naked woman (or in this case Björk naked) son't see it
20.10.2006 - 00:41
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I love Moonspell - Nocturna and how there is a recurring point in it, like deja vu... always a good watch...
21.10.2006 - 01:49
Basso
Account deleted
Loss and Curse of Reverance by the allmighty EMPEROR. One of the greatest songs ever written with such a cliche video. You just have to love it. <3
05.11.2006 - 05:32
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'm currently discovering Oomph! Great band. And they have awesome videos as well:

Augen Auf!
Brennende Liebe
Das letzte Streichholz
Sex hat keine Macht
Die Schlinge
Gott ist ein popstar
----

14.11.2006 - 04:05
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
It's an old one but I like Queen's Radio GaGa, there are snippets from the movie metropolis as well (the original not the anime).
14.11.2006 - 15:18
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Wu Tang Clan - Triumph
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Metallica - One

All of the Jamiroquai videos are pretty cool...the guy who produces them also does the Guinness commericals.
----
Brujerizmo!
14.11.2006 - 17:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
Metallica's "One" is probably the best music video ever made, I don't even have to explain why.
----
14.11.2006 - 18:32
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 14.11.2006 at 17:42

Metallica's "One" is probably the best music video ever made, I don't even have to explain why.

Yes you have to explain why, im not convinced.