Metal Storm logo
Black Metal

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 08.10.2007 - 09:40
Continuation of the (at times) great thread by Damnated.

Last thing mentioned was the LLN *sigh, again*, and SVEST.
23.10.2019 - 14:35
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
The thought of BM being all about religion is so 90's tho..
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.10.2019 - 15:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 23.10.2019 at 14:35

The thought of BM being all about religion is so 90's tho..

yes but music is same, sound same, just more lyrics are changing, nature, and so on and visuals as well....
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.10.2019 - 19:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 23.10.2019 at 12:45

men whit pagan symbols and rings, necklesses and so on looks good

imo that is just as pathetic as the upside down crosses and satanic symbols. It is just as much about imaginary people up in the sky who oppose Christianity.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.10.2019 - 19:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Yes but it provokes extreme realigous Follow ers less
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2019 - 01:48
MnetalEclipse
Account deleted
The problem with religion in black metal is that religion is innately human and black metal is innately inhuman/anti-human
17.11.2019 - 09:56
no one
I'm always on the look out for black metal bands that are genuine about there religion's . I wonder if any of the thousands of pagan BM bands actually practice pagan rituals or believen pagan gods. For some reason Christian BM bands seem to be the most legit to me.
There has been Firstborn and Sadhaka that seem to be serious about Buddhism but who really knows for sure. I've noticed a few newer blackmetal bands like Slidhr and Acherontas dabble in Eastern relegions, I think the "death of ego" and "no self" and other sayings can be misinterpreted to be a nihilistic idea that would fit BM well.
----
Unable to connect to the database
19.11.2019 - 17:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 17.11.2019 at 09:56

I'm always on the look out for black metal bands that are genuine about there religion's . I wonder if any of the thousands of pagan BM bands actually practice pagan rituals or believen pagan gods. For some reason Christian BM bands seem to be the most legit to me.
There has been Firstborn and Sadhaka that seem to be serious about Buddhism but who really knows for sure. I've noticed a few newer blackmetal bands like Slidhr and Acherontas dabble in Eastern relegions, I think the "death of ego" and "no self" and other sayings can be misinterpreted to be a nihilistic idea that would fit BM well.

non of cristian band do ritials, non of christians does, only soem priests and so on, i dout 20% of bands goes to church, rest no

Amon Amarth no, I say few as Skyforger does, but many does not. Its 50 50 and some do, but most dont, its just circuss unless you murder other bm mussin whit weird nick name and burn some wooden old building
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2019 - 20:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 19.11.2019 at 17:17

but most dont, its just circuss unless you murder other bm mussin whit weird nick name and burn some wooden old building

Murder has nothing to do with practicing satanism. In fact it goes against the overarching main tenet which is to leave everyone else alone and do your own thing. It also has nothing to do with pagan beliefs, which at worst promote ritual sacrifice, but that is an inherently built in belief within a community and thus has a basis in consent.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.11.2019 - 20:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.11.2019 at 20:05

Written by Bad English on 19.11.2019 at 17:17

but most dont, its just circuss unless you murder other bm mussin whit weird nick name and burn some wooden old building

Murder has nothing to do with practicing satanism. In fact it goes against the overarching main tenet which is to leave everyone else alone and do your own thing. It also has nothing to do with pagan beliefs, which at worst promote ritual sacrifice, but that is an inherently built in belief within a community and thus has a basis in consent.

It is because he believed in think, he believed in arens, so that murder can be act as belief
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2019 - 20:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 19.11.2019 at 20:07

It is because he believed in think, he believed in arens, so that murder can be act as belief

I'm having trouble picking apart your typos (is arens Athena or Aryans, etc.) but whatever you're on about his beliefs being used to justify murder is still irrelevant to the topic at hand as it doesn't relate to the practice or message of satanism.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.11.2019 - 20:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.11.2019 at 20:12

Written by Bad English on 19.11.2019 at 20:07

I'm having trouble picking apart your typos (is arens Athena or Aryans, etc.) but whatever you're on about his beliefs being used to justify murder is still irrelevant to the topic at hand as it doesn't relate to the practice or message of satanism.

arsens -- burning down
To me it is, but I dont like discuss it here, I am afraid of you :p
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2019 - 08:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 19.11.2019 at 20:19
arsens -- burning down
To me it is, but I dont like discuss it here, I am afraid of you :p

If someone uses black metal (or, in this case, religion related to the lyrical or philosophical nature of black metal) as a vehicle for their murderous intentions, then that person is simply a murderer. It seems like you're making the argument that violent video games (or violent music, more specifically) make violent people. People were violent and murderous long before the invention of these forms of media.

The deeper reasons behind those church burnings have a lot less to do with this genre and a lot more to do with a misguided sense of noble vengeance and likely some un-diagnosed mental health issues. Blaming black metal for arson or murder is a stretch Bikram Choudhury would be proud of.

But I'll agree to disagree, as I don't imagine any of what I said will have any affect on your opinion. To get back to the topic at hand, I suppose mentioning Agalloch as a band that practices what they preach would be accurate. Not necessarily in a religious context, but they (at least John Haughm) partake in nature-based meditative practices, at least from what I can remember.
----
07.01.2020 - 00:24
EmeraldChasm

You would really love Grave Gnosis from Florida. Ultra anti-cosmic black metal who takes both the music and ritaul practice very seriously
07.01.2020 - 01:42
no one
Written by EmeraldChasm on 07.01.2020 at 00:24

You would really love Grave Gnosis from Florida. Ultra anti-cosmic black metal who takes both the music and ritaul practice very seriously

Thanks I'll check em out
----
Unable to connect to the database
17.02.2020 - 11:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Northrend

----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2020 - 17:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just discovered this Danish BM band Orm

Nice riffs, singimg, a bit dead metal singing, Amon Amarth style, catchy and well composed melodies , its black metal in its best but DM fans can check this one out

----

apos;'
[image]
20.02.2020 - 10:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like this vampiric, full moon approach here, and not its not CoF here, just old school bm from old days mid 90's touch

Lycanthropy

----

apos;'
[image]
27.02.2020 - 01:05
aheadofmetal
New Nox Aeternum Album Release date was just announced - 3/27/2020

You do not want to miss this:

https://noxaeternum.bandcamp.com/
----
Production/Mixing/Mastering available
Nox Aeternum Band
Bandcamp: https://noxaeternum.bandcamp.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noxaeternumband?ref=hl
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/andrew-hart
09.03.2020 - 14:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
10.03.2020 - 01:50
AgonieQc
Hello there! Here's the first song of our new album " La Chute des Royaumes";

"L'Incantation"

We are Agonie, Black Metal from Canada and it is our 3rd release

https://youtu.be/8jwC6Z2cnBo

You can also listen to the whole album on Bandcamp:

https://agonieqc.bandcamp.com/album/la-chute-des-royaumes
10.04.2020 - 12:49
[img][/img]Hey,
We are Coffinwood, Black/Death metal band from Warsaw, Poland. We want to share our debut EP "Storm of Steel", which have been recorded at the beginning of the year in the JNS Studio. It contain 5 tracks that we think locate this CD somewhere between brutal death metal and scandinavian black metal.
The album title has been based on famous autobiographical book called "Storm of Steel" by german philosopher and veteran of Great War - Ernst Jünger. It is about deadly and mechanical form of human psyche destruction, which is armed conflict.
Following music is available to listen via:
https://open.spotify.com/album/01lC7t4pyRHa4iqkQpMekd?si=XOTEiq88S7yiwUdECfgVYw
https://tidal.com/album/135995758
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFaNCdOb3b8_vD-A9WpERBw
https://coffinwood.bandcamp.com/
In the nearest future the CD will be available (during production), also merch stuff will be presented soon.
We encourage you to listen to our music, rate it and to follow our social media profile:
https://www.facebook.com/Coffinwood.official

Best Regards,
Coffinwood Crew
18.04.2020 - 18:27
Störgeräus
Official videoclip "In Ketten" from HYEMS taken from the album "Anatomie des Scheiterns"
in stores: 1. May 2020

What do you think about it?

02.08.2020 - 16:40
Störgeräus
NEW VIDEO: "IN DIESEM GRABEN"

With "In diesem Graben" the Black Metal band Hyems have released a second video of their album "Anatomie des Scheiterns" which was released in May. Due to the shocking footage from the First World War, the band decided to provide the video with an appropriate age rating. Furthermore the band makes clear that it is not their intention to glorify the pictures and the events of that time in any way. On the contrary, the pictures should tell about a whole generation of people who, even though they may have escaped the shells and survived, were nevertheless destroyed by this war.

Because of the age rating it can only be viewed with a logged in Youtube account (and the corresponding age stored there).

18.10.2020 - 17:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I found out this Austrian band, primitive, archaic, rawish, like BM was in early days, a but punkish, frist vawe as well

----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2020 - 13:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Door into Emptiness 2 men BM band from Belarus. somehwo raw, somehow speedy, somehow punk, somehow BM, interesting project

----

apos;'
[image]
08.11.2020 - 08:56
BetulaObscura
Everything which is rooted in certain culture, relate to it somehow (in positive or negative way).
Same with culture "products" like art, music, literature etc.
BM is no exception but don't narrow it to the art which stands only as an opposite/contrary to the Christianity.
It is something more...
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"
21.11.2020 - 15:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Italian Abbas Taeter pretty cool hear some atmo bm in litanian, sortha avantgarde if we talk language into lyrics.

----

apos;'
[image]
06.02.2021 - 03:36
Emanzipation
https://youtu.be/peRQItVNRgY

Blistering skies above the majestic landscapes in a cloud of misty woods, Shiny Daggers enter the unholy world of Nordic Metal. Fire souls, darkness unite, as the devil inside unlocks lurking spirits in a fascination of sexual lust and strangulation.

Shiny Daggers sharpen its teeth and penetrate deep with bloodred hatred in a vicious battle to protect the values of Nordic Metal And Culture.

Repeat again, again & again. Necro, Necro, Necro. Come to me in death, naked and wide open. Desecrate, and love your hate, don't suffocate on your own fate.

Come to me. Look at them kick. The devil inside. Every single one of us.

To hell.....
26.03.2022 - 12:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Pagan black metal act Crystalmoors from Spain, shared in this years January on Facebook, that they work on acoustic album

----

apos;'
[image]
17.04.2022 - 06:05
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
A thought just came to me. Do musicians like King Diamond or Immortal wear their face paint when they record their studio albums or only during their live performances?
I would assume it would be inconvenient and unnecessary to wear it when recording in a studio, but maybe it makes the musicians feel more immersed in their roles?
Does anyone know something about this?