Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
09.08.2006 - 19:34
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
I would love to see manowar live, but they're still touring Europe right now. Everyone in Europe is lucky as hell to be able to see manowar
15.08.2006 - 10:19
BlackSneaky
Account deleted
Written by Marcus on 09.08.2006 at 19:34

I would love to see manowar live, but they're still touring Europe right now. Everyone in Europe is lucky as hell to be able to see manowar

... Only thoose who have enogh money
15.08.2006 - 11:41
Thormier
Account deleted
Amazing band , i love how cheesy they are \m/
16.08.2006 - 13:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.08.2006 at 10:19

Written by Marcus on 09.08.2006 at 19:34

... Only thoose who have enogh money

no man not me thay dont come to latvia, and I dont hawe money for go to other countries so you Americans and REAl europeians aer lucky
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2006 - 15:54
Anathemani@c
The only thing I want to say about Manowar is that I nearly hate their style. You know, We are here to represent the true metal, we fight for the worlds unite... Just be a little bit more serius! You make me laugh guys! However I recognise them to be one of the bands who have inspired so much musicians..Finally I believe that Manowar are not heavy metal, but epic...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
16.08.2006 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anathemani@c on 16.08.2006 at 15:54

The only thing I want to say about Manowar is that I nearly hate their style. You know, We are here to represent the true metal, we fight for the worlds unite... Just be a little bit more serius! You make me laugh guys! However I recognise them to be one of the bands who have inspired so much musicians..Finally I believe that Manowar are not heavy metal, but epic...

I agrei and dont agrie, but etliest Epic, not Power how moustly here thinks

True Metal I think ewery band thinks thay play true metal and what is true metal

I never had hear that someone has inspirated from Manowar and if Manowar want one of 80ties bans proboblt thay newer realisted more then 2 albums and this son Blow Your Seakers are POP POP
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.08.2006 - 03:59
Prowler84
One of my best bands ever !! They are impressive and powerful. Eric Adams is a Vocal God !! Though their music is not complex, they are unique and enthusiastic
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
18.08.2006 - 07:39
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
It's impressive to see how a band can mix so much geniality with that pathetic cheesyness... they have KILLER songs, and some other that make me vomit... their best album is "Hail To England", although the remembrance attached to it is a bit dreadful for me.
18.08.2006 - 10:00
Nimlot
A. Reader
Hail to the Kings Of Metal.

They are the loudest band with one of the most talanted vocalists and they are just amazing. The Gods made HEAVY METAL and they saw that it was good. They said to play it LOUDER than HELL we promised that we would
18.08.2006 - 10:40
Hyvaarin
WHEN LOSERS SAY IT'S OVER, WELL, YOU KNOW THAT IT'S A LIE!
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
16.09.2006 - 20:09
Heddy
Account deleted
Manowar is truely metal, so pride and warm... I like Manowar.
But much permanently listen me ManowaR its trouble... and bad with beer,
but give me more power to live and play self metal.
Eric Adams - talented vocalist? Yes. I whery like.
17.09.2006 - 00:24
eagleheart
Account deleted
manowar are the true fathers of epic metal.They are my best band
17.09.2006 - 15:50
darksun
Manowar is great and their music is masterpiece but i guess the lyrics look too close indeed same.Just like they wrote something and wrote another songs based on the first one.However they make real heavy metal.And international anthems of metal was written by them
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
19.09.2006 - 21:04
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
They are amazing, one of my favorite bands, Manowar fans doesnt care for how cheezy their lyrics are (well I kinda like'em), but when you see them live....... You'll get totally surprised. Their are like Maiden, live songs are way better than studio ones.

GODS MADE HEAVY METAL, AND ITS NEVER GONNA-- NEVER GONNA--- DIE!!!!!!!
----
20.09.2006 - 12:20
Wizar'd
Account deleted
Fuck anyone who slags off Manowar. Their early albums are some of the best metal albums ever written. Anyone who claims to be into metal but doesn't own Hail to England and Into Glory Ride is a poser.
22.09.2006 - 18:18
Hyvaarin
The new DVD will include "a grand finale featuring MANOWAR members past and present on stage as one powerful, heavy metal legion as well as an epic set up with a 200-piece choir and orchestra". My god it's going to be amazing.
----
22.09.2006 - 18:52
duyhung
Account deleted
Ah, can't wait 'til they release it. It'll be very very amazing!!!
24.09.2006 - 08:37
Xeolord
Account deleted
Heh, check out Virgin Steele. Defais is a freaking amazing vocalist himself, and at times they seem to carry on a Manowar-ish sound.

But yeah, (don't hurt me) I don't think Manowar is a the top of the game, but I do love them and own all of their albums. Why? Simply put, because of one man, and that man is Eric Adams. Greatest vocalist ever.

Also, maybe its me but do some people think Manowar definitely lost some flavor after Ross the Boss's leave? I actually see quite a thick line between Kings of Metal and everything after that. Kings of Metal, and some of the albums before that for me really gave off a "groovy" and cool feeling. While their newer stuff (although I love Triumph of the Steel), doesn't seem to have as much energy and uniqueness to it.

I dunno, anyone else think that?
13.10.2006 - 13:45
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Musically, they suck, but lyrically, they're all Gods.
13.10.2006 - 14:54
FOOCK Nam
I never can forget the time when I listened to the song Brother of metal. The lyric is so cool, powerful combined with the music to make a powerfull song that got my depressed spirit up. They write very good lyric and and as for their music, I think they are not bad
13.10.2006 - 15:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Probably the most ridiculous band ever! And that is why they are so damn cool, their music is nothing special but these guys are so damn nerdy (I know I just said that they were cool, but they are "nerdy cool" if you know what I mean) ... and that's why I love them
----
14.10.2006 - 12:37
Unholy_Emperor
Incredible band, Gods of Metal, I saw them last year and it was just amazing, very epic and full of feelings.
31.10.2006 - 17:04
FOOCK Nam
During this time, Im getting into the song Black Wind, Fire, And Steel. Really amazing
01.11.2006 - 08:32
FOOCK Nam
Oh my god, the lyric of Heart Of Steel is so cool, Im wallowing in it
05.11.2006 - 18:49
eagleheart
Account deleted
heart of steel has probably some of the greatest lyrics ever written.
06.11.2006 - 18:12
Necronomicon
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.09.2006 at 12:20

Fuck anyone who slags off Manowar. Their early albums are some of the best metal albums ever written. Anyone who claims to be into metal but doesn't own Hail to England and Into Glory Ride is a poser.

thats is a very fucked thing to say, just because you dont like a certain metal band you are a poser? people have difrence taste with out being a posers.
07.11.2006 - 08:20
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 05.11.2006 at 18:49

heart of steel has probably some of the greatest lyrics ever written.

Really best song ever due to its lyric. Manowar also has many other good of song lyric like Brother OF Metal, Courage. They really are God of lyric and it affect me so much
11.11.2006 - 07:36
Hyvaarin
Written by Guest on 06.11.2006 at 18:12

Written by Guest on 20.09.2006 at 12:20

thats is a very fucked thing to say, just because you dont like a certain metal band you are a poser? people have difrence taste with out being a posers.

Sounds like someone needs to leave the hall .
----
12.11.2006 - 00:46
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Beer Fairy on 06.08.2006 at 11:17

Written by Guest on 05.08.2006 at 12:14

God made Manowar, and Manowar made Heavy Metal..

I agree with you

Manowar are very kick ass and all, but I'm afraid they didn't actually create Metal. But that's okay
15.11.2006 - 10:59
GreekGoodfella
Account deleted
Manowar fuckin destroy all wimps and poseurs, one of the greatest metal bands ever in existance. I'd love to see them live, damnit manowar come down to aust