Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
16.04.2007 - 18:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I was searching little on net but without succes
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
18.04.2007 - 23:03
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Doc G. on 16.04.2007 at 04:39

Lol, I just heard this live clip of Manowar doing 'Lady Marmalade', utterly hilarious!

Where?!? This I must hear
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.04.2007 - 23:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by GT on 18.04.2007 at 23:03

Written by Doc G. on 16.04.2007 at 04:39

Lol, I just heard this live clip of Manowar doing 'Lady Marmalade', utterly hilarious!

Where?!? This I must hear

I heard it at my friends house, he had it on his comp.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.04.2007 - 09:48
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Dr.Rock: Bummer. Thought you might have heard it youtube or something...well I better start searching
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.04.2007 - 04:38
Hyvaarin
God, you know what song is criminally underrated? "Courage". Sure, it's one step away from being a Céline Dion song, but by god does it kick ass.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.04.2007 - 16:00
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Hyvaarin on 25.04.2007 at 04:38

God, you know what song is criminally underrated? "Courage". Sure, it's one step away from being a Céline Dion song, but by god does it kick ass.

Totally agree, I love that song, and no one ever mension that song anywhere
It is little, strange but it is great, melodic AND powerful song, full of adrenalin, at least for me...
----
26.04.2007 - 17:21
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 26.04.2007 at 16:00

Written by Hyvaarin on 25.04.2007 at 04:38

Totally agree, I love that song, and no one ever mension that song anywhere
It is little, strange but it is great, melodic AND powerful song, full of adrenalin, at least for me...

This song is great!It always brings me up everytime I'm down and hopeless.I love the outro of the song,it really takes me high
26.04.2007 - 19:44
MadGatsu
my fav song (even if most ppl call it comercial and stuff O.o) is -> Warriors of the World United <- ...seriously...whenever i hear that song i always wish i was a viking or a scottsman some centuries ago and fight till there was no other men standing. KILL!!!!
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
26.04.2007 - 19:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by MadGatsu on 26.04.2007 at 19:44

my fav song (even if most ppl call it comercial and stuff O.o) is -> Warriors of the World United <- ...seriously...whenever i hear that song i always wish i was a viking or a scottsman some centuries ago and fight till there was no other men standing. KILL!!!!

Great song man, really!!!
I remember one night in some pub, some friends and I were forcing DJ to play that song on repeat and we were singing the same like some maniacs for two hours... We were terribly drunk yes but I still remember faces of other people watching few idiots singing one song over and over again...
Yeah, that is great song... Brothers everywhere...
----
26.04.2007 - 20:31
MadGatsu
Written by APOHAKC on 26.04.2007 at 19:50

I remember one night in some pub, some friends and I were forcing DJ to play that song on repeat and we were singing the same like some maniacs for two hours... We were terribly drunk yes but I still remember faces of other people watching few idiots singing one song over and over again...

yeah! whenever i hear it i feel the urge to scream the lyrics out loud a few times lol. i wish i had friends like that :/ LOL ^^U wouldnt mind being drunk with everyone singing our fav song
----
26.04.2007 - 20:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
We can drink, listening to Manowar anytime
----
01.05.2007 - 07:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by MadGatsu on 26.04.2007 at 20:31

yeah! whenever i hear it i feel the urge to scream the lyrics out loud a few times lol. i wish i had friends like that :/ LOL ^^U wouldnt mind being drunk with everyone singing our fav song

I remember singing that song when I was waiting in line for Guns N Roses, my friend had it on his cell phone and put it on speaker phone and it started off just me and him singing, then before you knew it there were like 30 metalheads in line all singing along, it was sweet.
----
- George Carlin
01.05.2007 - 11:36
MadGatsu
Written by Doc G. on 01.05.2007 at 07:32

I remember singing that song when I was waiting in line for Guns N Roses, my friend had it on his cell phone and put it on speaker phone and it started off just me and him singing, then before you knew it there were like 30 metalheads in line all singing along, it was sweet.

wow that must've been so cool ^^ \m/
----
01.05.2007 - 13:44
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, there is no better band for group singing than Manowar. God, bring Manowar in my town and I won't ask for anything else in my life..
----
01.05.2007 - 13:49
Judas
The Amputator
Written by MadGatsu on 01.05.2007 at 11:36

Written by Doc G. on 01.05.2007 at 07:32

wow that must've been so cool ^^ \m/

It was pretty funny, a few weeks ago when Arcturus played in Brisbane, Hyvaarin and I were most satisfied even before the show started, because one of the last songs that was played prior to anyone coming on stage was the almighty 'Battle Hymn'. Needless to say, we sang every word! I swear Arcturus could have played like shit and I would have still though the show to be worth it, just for that one singing experience!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
05.05.2007 - 18:59
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
damn Manowar's debut album was amazinG!!!

so much Metal Cliche's lol but that's what makes it fun and tr00 lol
05.05.2007 - 19:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Everything they made is amazing
WoW Gods Of War is awesome, different than other albums but awesome!
----
13.06.2007 - 11:31
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
An audio interview of Eric Adams has been made available for streaming at this location (conducted on April 19, 2007 by the "ZanZanA" metal radio show on the Tunisian station RTCI).
14.06.2007 - 07:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 05.05.2007 at 19:50

I disagree, Gods Of War was Ok, but they threw FAR too many interludes & spoken word tracks it makes the album a little tedious to listen to all the way through.
----
- George Carlin
14.06.2007 - 09:16
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Doc G. on 14.06.2007 at 07:26

I disagree, Gods Of War was Ok, but they threw FAR too many interludes & spoken word tracks it makes the album a little tedious to listen to all the way through.

The actual songs on 'Gods of War' are fucking good, but the problem is that there are only like 5 of the damn things. It's something like 30min of songs, 40min of orchestral stuff and shitty narration.

I bought 'Sign of the Hammer' a few weeks ago, for $10 too, bloody awesome bargain. 'All Men Play on 10' is totally just a rap song that they adapted into a Metal style. 'Animals' is hilarious (à la 'Pleasure Slave'). The rest of the songs are great too, with the exception of 'Thunderpick', which is the traditional DeMaio wankfest. Still, a great buy!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
14.06.2007 - 09:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Judas on 14.06.2007 at 09:16

Written by Doc G. on 14.06.2007 at 07:26

The actual songs on 'Gods of War' are fucking good, but the problem is that there are only like 5 of the damn things. It's something like 30min of songs, 40min of orchestral stuff and shitty narration.

Yeah and they even ruined an otherwise great track like 'King Of Kings' by stopping and putting a spoken word part in the middle, at which point I hit the skip button every time.
----
- George Carlin
14.06.2007 - 13:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Actually that is why I wrote that it is different album. King Of Kings is great song, and I don't mined that part
altough it would be better without it definetely. Sleipnir is one of the best songs I heard in the last few mounths. I agree with you that there are just too much inteludes, speeches, orchestra etc but it is also done very good, I enjoy to listen to all of that. It is ok if you don't like that album much, I always thought that it is stupid to like all albums just because you like the band, and there are many people that do that, even if they don't like the album they would say it is awesome, without any explanation but it is Manowar, it must be good. But this album is great lol - what a post, I can't understand what I wanted to say lol
----
14.06.2007 - 14:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
damn i like Warriors of the World album
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.06.2007 - 23:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Aronax
I wish he (Joey) would just leave out the speeches and interludes and overtures and write all that crap in the liner notes instead, Sleipnir is probably my favorite song on the album and I have to sit through another minute of narratives before the music kicks in. Its a very tedious album to say the least.
----
- George Carlin
14.06.2007 - 23:59
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
Manowar makes me proud to be metal!!!
15.06.2007 - 00:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Doc G. on 14.06.2007 at 23:56

@Aronax
I wish he (Joey) would just leave out the speeches and interludes and overtures and write all that crap in the liner notes instead, Sleipnir is probably my favorite song on the album and I have to sit through another minute of narratives before the music kicks in. Its a very tedious album to say the least.

Yeah, you are right, they should make music they used to, and if they still want to make songs with orchestra naratives etc, they can always make some solo project
----
15.06.2007 - 00:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 15.06.2007 at 00:48

Written by Doc G. on 14.06.2007 at 23:56

@Aronax

Yeah, you are right, they should make music they used to, and if they still want to make songs with orchestra naratives etc, they can always make some solo project

Or atleast mesh the Metal and the orchestrations together like Rhapsody, instead of having metal song-orchestra track-metal song-orchestra track, have Metal orchestra track?
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 00:54
APOHAKC
The Bard
IT would be good I think, but still, imagine Manowar sounds like Rhapsody lol They already had choirs before and everything but nothing compared to this album. But it is Joey, I doubt that he cares for what other people think
----
15.06.2007 - 00:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I could totally picture a heavy Manowar song with Orchestrations in the back, they sort of did it with the intro to 'Warriors Of The World' but only to a small extent. And yes Joey probably does care, ive read that Manowar are really in touch with there fans.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 00:58
Germ
Account deleted
Hail and Kill is one of my favorite songs ever written. I like Metal Warriors too.