Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
29.10.2010 - 13:27
Yavanna
I usually have repeated dreams for a few days and then they disappear for sometime, and then come back again.
and mostly of times, are not exactly dreams, but nightmares, and they are soooo real, I feel it like if it's more real than "real" life.
My worst dreams are when I have to runaway from something ( furious bears, earthquakes, and other strange stuff), but I cannot run, I can even walk, I can only crawl... It's terrifying.
Other times I am walking on a certain road (always the same place), then I find some paper money laying in the ground, it's loose money, is not in a vallet. Then I begin to take the money, and there is always more, and there is noone in the road, only me. Sometimes I walk throught that road while awake, but I never found nothing there. I'm not sure, but for me dreams may mean something. I only do not know what.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
29.10.2010 - 15:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The one thing all my dreams have in common, is they're all bad. lol Ive never had a nice dream, ever. Most of my dreams are very freaky, obtuse, and they dont make a lot of sense. Inexplicably bizzarre scenarios that I can't really describe. Perhaps that just shows the state of my mind... I do believe that your life, and experiences, to an extent at least, influences your dreams. Although most of my dreams are too whacked out for me to fathom out, I think the fact that they're all bad and chaotic, is in itself a reflection of my life. Even if most of the situations I dont recognise, and would never be in.
11.11.2010 - 23:17
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I have two female friends who claim to see nightmares all the time. They're lucky, because that makes waking up a pleasent experience. It's pretty much the opposite for me. I am often so happy in my dreams, that the first words out of my mouth upon awaking are: Oh f***! Just today I had a dream that I was at a party with a beautiful girl/woman and we were in love, then I woke up. The interesting thing about such dreams is that the women are always fictional, never people that I've actually met in real life.
22.11.2010 - 15:17
Yavanna
Written by Guest on 11.11.2010 at 23:17

The interesting thing about such dreams is that the women are always fictional, never people that I've actually met in real life.

That's true, I rarely dream with people I know in real life. I think mostly of them I will never met, because they exist.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
22.11.2010 - 15:33
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Guest on 11.11.2010 at 23:17

I have two female friends who claim to see nightmares all the time. They're lucky, because that makes waking up a pleasent experience. It's pretty much the opposite for me. I am often so happy in my dreams, that the first words out of my mouth upon awaking are: Oh f***! Just today I had a dream that I was at a party with a beautiful girl/woman and we were in love, then I woke up. The interesting thing about such dreams is that the women are always fictional, never people that I've actually met in real life.

Oh, I have the occasional hot passionate night with some woman whom I know. Makes it loads of fun when you meet them later in the day and remember the dream
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
24.11.2010 - 20:44
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I just had the strangest dream last night. It started off like this. I went behind this house with a male friend and a female friend I both knew from high school (names omitted for privacy reasons). I was about to be involved in a threesome, which would be a big event for me because it also meant I was going to lose my virginity. But before we could even take our clothes off, someone opened the back door to see if there were intruders, so we fled into the woods. We eventually encountered a dock with a rather large boat and seven other friends I knew from high school. Counting myself, there were 6 men and 4 women. We got onto the boat which was commanded by Gene Wilder (for some strange reason). We then made our way down the river (which river, exactly, I could not tell). We got hungry and decided to stop at the nearest dock and I volunteered myself to get the food for everyone. I went into the nearest building that looked like a restaurant and this Chinese-looking lady gave me french fries and fish sticks (for some strange reason). After we ate, we made plans for the orgy that was going to be held on the boat later in the day. At this moment I thought "I'm finally going to lose my virginity. This is the greatest moment of my life." Suddenly, I heard my stepfather's voice telling me to get my lazy ass out of bed and get to work outside. It was then that I woke up and realized that it was all a dream. I was still a virgin, and my cruel, sadistic subconscious was playing tricks on me yet again.
20.12.2010 - 01:32
ANGEL REAPER
I DONT DREAM!
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME!
WHEN I GO TO SLEEP I JUST SHUT DOWN AND THAN WOKE UP IN THE MORNING-NO DREAMS AND THOUGHTS!

ITS SCARY!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.01.2011 - 13:21
JD
Account deleted
Hahaha what a weird theard, but since i dream alot

Horrible dream: i was 10 or 11, i dreamed about an American indian cut my leg with a ax, and i dreamed that i died that was so weird

Nice dream: Doin sex with Britney Spears don't even ask why...

What i dreamed last night: that i was swimming under the water with a chick with black hair
13.01.2011 - 11:41
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 06.01.2011 at 13:21

Hahaha what a weird theard, but since i dream alot

Nice dream: Doin sex with Britney Spears don't even ask why...

What i dreamed last night: that i was swimming under the water with a chick with black hair

wow man it looks like you need a girlfriend
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.01.2011 - 12:10
Raging Dreamer
Well I've learned through dream interpretation that bad dreams aren't really bad in meaning. Everything in the dream is symbolic of some subconscious emotion usually. Very few are actually prophetic dreams, although I've had a few of those.

There are some aides on the net that can help you decipher some of the images you see in your dreams, but usually they don't describe the images exactly, so you need to think outside the box, and i've gotten pretty good at that actually.

One such example of the meaning of a dream is that.... Death... in a dream.. does not mean that someone or yourself will die... Death represents change...

Once I started understanding the things I saw in my dreams, I stopped having bad dreams. I think i've had maybe... one bad dream in the last 6 years or so... Most of the time it's just weird or chaotic, and I'll look it up in the dream mood dictionary online and figure out what it means on my own, and I'm usually right on the money with it. It's helped me a lot actually.
13.01.2011 - 16:24
JD
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 13.01.2011 at 11:41

Wrong because when i dreamed about Britney i was in a relationship, with a chick who kinda look similar to britney, so that's might explains or i don't know...
13.01.2011 - 19:52
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 13.01.2011 at 16:24

Wrong because when i dreamed about Britney i was in a relationship, with a chick who kinda look similar to britney, so that's might explains or i don't know...

Maybe that was your secret unknown desire ....
----
13.01.2011 - 20:04
JD
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 13.01.2011 at 19:52

Ohh come on now it my "secret unknown desire"
Dude i was just horny, and dreaming about some chick, happens all the time
13.01.2011 - 21:04
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 13.01.2011 at 20:04

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 13.01.2011 at 19:52

Ohh come on now it my "secret unknown desire"
Dude i was just horny, and dreaming about some chick, happens all the time

argument accepted !;D
----
07.02.2011 - 23:56
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I had the following dream last night:

I was walking around my hometown in my regular clothes, it was summer. I wanted to be alone, but I ran into a couple of friends, who wanted me to go eat pizza or something with them. I didn't want them to think there was anything wrong with me, so I agreed. When we got to the restaurant and sat down, a very small man with a top-hat and a mustache walked up to us and wanted to fight me, claiming that I had bumped into him. Even though I didn't remember bumping into him, I didn't want any trouble, I just wanted to get the eating over with so I could get away from everyone. So I apologized sincerely and repeatedly, but he only got angrier and attacked me with his fits. I pushed him away with ease, because he was abnormally small. He kept coming back and I kept pushing him away, trying to explain to him that I hadn't bumped into him and if I had, then I didn't do it on purpose. That only made the small man angrier and eventually he pulled out a knife, which was like a gigantic paperknife, but looked dangerous nonetheless. I could tell that his intention was to kill me. I tried to get away from him, but he wouldn't leave me, so eventually I picked up a broomstick that was just laying around there for some reason and I successfully disarmed him by kicking the knife out of his hand and onto the floor. I was getting angry at this point. The small man still didn't give up and I finally realized that I had no other choice but to fight him. I beat him to a pulp with ease, because he was abnormally small, he was no match. As he lay there, blooded and bruised in defeat, I could see that he had a companion, whom I think was a woman. I don't know why she was there, but she was. I felt guilty and wanted to apologize to her, despite the fact that I had acted in self-defense. Then suddenly the small man turned into a baby and his eyes were full of hate. I could tell that if he ever became an adult, he would try to kill me again. For some reason I felt really really sad and I tried to make funny faces and noizes so the baby wouldn't be so mad. Suddenly his face changed and he was no longer angry, he was laughing happily like babies do, it seems that he'd forgotten everything. I still felt sad, but also really happy, so happy that it hurt.

Then I woke up and I couldn't stop myself from crying.
11.02.2011 - 19:57
Axe Argonian
Most of the dreams I experience are usually idiotic, spontaneous, and incoherent. Just recently I had a dream in which I was at a church listening to Abbath (from Immortal) preaching something that made no sense. As I was seated I espied Ozzy Osbourne sitting two rows ahead of me; surprisingly next to Ozzy was Ronnie James Dio whom I was surprised to see. As Abbath preached, Ozzy would occasionally lean over to whisper something to Dio, but more frequently Ozzy simply smiled and waved to other people in the church. When he noticed me, he smiled, stretched forth his hand and gave me a sealed copy of Black Sabbath's Master of Reality, saying, "You might wanna listen to this." Bewildered, I accepted the copy and continued to listen to Abbath.

By the end of the sermon, no one understood the point Abbath was trying to convey, for his preaching consisted of nothing but rambling. At this point I noticed that Ozzy had fallen asleep. Suddenly as Abbath closed the sermon, the music video for Bathory's "One Rode to Asa Bay" began to play on a large screen. After the video ended, Abbath promptly dismissed everyone.

What this all meant, however, I knew not. All I knew was that Abbath was my church's preacher and Ozzy wanted me to listen to his music.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
23.04.2011 - 02:41
Graveheart
Written by Graveheart on 15.02.2009 at 11:46

Last night I had my first nightmarish experience in ten years.

I was a woman in the dream (which seriously had nothing to do with it being a nightmare, although that might have been a funny joke in another context like "and that was the end.") and writing poetry with a man that called himself Rafael Manos. Except that I didn't see this person anywhere, or anyone else around me for that matter, it was just me alone with a pen and a paper. His verses kept writing themselves on the paper right next to mine and both of our poetry was in English and connected to each other (the situation was very reminiscent of Ginny Weasley's dialogue with Tom Riddle's diary in HP and the Chamber of Secrets). Now I can't remember any of my poetry, except at one point I wrote something about the rain. Rafael's poetry was very rich and romantic, most of which I've entirely forgotten now, except there was a phrase that said "you shiver at my touch." I slowly began to develop an emotional, heterosexual attraction towards this mysterious person that kept telepathically exchanging poetry with me and I started asking him about himself. He told me his name was Rafael Manos and he told me more. At the end he told me he was dead. Then I heard myself let out a scream (with a female voice) and freaked out completely.

It probably sounds a little silly to you and not convincingly scary at all, but somehow the dream had very effectively lured me into an extremely emotional state of mind and something about this Rafael Manos turning out to be a dead person just frightened me senseless.

So last night I had a sequel of sorts to whatever this is. Not exactly a continuation to the same story, but something very similar in atmosphere.

I was a woman in the dream again, but instead of a poet I was a gifted painter this time. As in a visual artist, not the other kind of painter. I lived in poor conditions, in a dirty old house with two other people: some little boy and some grown man. They were not in the dream, it was just me in the boy's room, painting something on one of the walls in there. There was something wrong with the picture though - whatever colors or shapes I tried to make didn't stay on the wall for very long, because the picture seemed to be painting itself, like it was alive. A deep red human silhouette kept appearing in the center of it and no matter how hard I tried to cover it with other colors, somehow the shape always returned there, slowly. I started to feel very uncomfortable with it, but whatever was going on with that picture didn't freak me out nearly as much as the sound I kept hearing. There had been white noise all along ever since I started painting, but when the picture was finished it was suddenly contrasted by an older woman's inhuman drone of a voice that was clearly audible over the distortion:

"LOOK UP LITTLE GIRL. BURN UP LITTLE GIRL. LOOK UP LITTLE GIRL. BURN UP LITTLE GIRL."

Not just that but also the tone. Slow, emotionless, monotonous, repetitive like a broken record. It was not a person, it was a recording. It sounded like when something is announced through the speakers in a train station, or in sci-fi movies a cutting edge tech building speaks to the people indoors in a robotic female voice. When I got out of the room I noticed that the noise didn't follow me. It was still looping in there, but I heard it coming from the room's direction now. Not as loud as inside the room where it sounded like it was coming from all around me.
23.04.2011 - 03:09
Sophist
I very rarely dream, and when I do it's some weird stuff. One of the most disturbing dreams was one where I get shot in my leg by a gypsy in front of a cafeteria. It made my friends laugh their asses off and one almost choked on his coffee, but holy hell was it disturbing.
23.04.2011 - 11:12
Yasmine
Bad - I don't remember most dreams a few scary ones where a mob of hillbillies in mustard stained wife beaters and flannels chasing me through a corn field in on foot and in a couple of pick up trucks armed with shovels, pitchforks, and chainsaws. All the while screaming, pa is gonna be proud of uzzzz when we catchin' you, at me as I run in sheer terror.

Good - The guy who plays Thor in the new movie totally naked.

That's all recently.

Off to sleep I go, so who knows......
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
23.04.2011 - 11:20
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
My dreams have toned down in the past few years, before that there used to be some really weird stuff.

One of the most insane dreams I recall is of a mother and daughter who were members of some kind of cult trying to catch me, and near by was a guy impaled on tree.
23.04.2011 - 12:33
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Yasmine on 23.04.2011 at 11:12

Mwahahah, I'd love to see him too.

I get weird dreams (if any at all) but considering that my mind makes 'em up... I don't deserve anything normal.
23.04.2011 - 18:09
Yasmine
Written by Ragana on 23.04.2011 at 12:33

Written by Yasmine on 23.04.2011 at 11:12

Mwahahah, I'd love to see him too.

I get weird dreams (if any at all) but considering that my mind makes 'em up... I don't deserve anything normal.

My friend's husband looks just like him, damn her. lol

We're going to see it when it comes out here so I can drool, I did wonder if that would cause more happy dreams though. Maw haha!
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
24.04.2011 - 13:29
therest
A few weeks ago I had a dream where I chopped off an old womans head and baked it in the oven (I never usually cook, I don't even have an oven). There was blood everywhere and I was trying to clean it up, but it was like the fairy tale about the king bluebeard and the enchanted key. After the head was ready, I took it out and it was wrapped in a cabbage leaf, it looked grey and you could kind of see her teeth through the cabbage leaf and it was like a creepy smile. I didn't get around to eat it, because I woke up (at about 4 am, wanting to puke .. I didn't though).

So, freudians, what to you have to say about that?
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
24.04.2011 - 19:16
MetalSpider
Written by therest on 24.04.2011 at 13:29

A few weeks ago I had a dream where I chopped off an old womans head and baked it in the oven (I never usually cook, I don't even have an oven). There was blood everywhere and I was trying to clean it up, but it was like the fairy tale about the king bluebeard and the enchanted key. After the head was ready, I took it out and it was wrapped in a cabbage leaf, it looked grey and you could kind of see her teeth through the cabbage leaf and it was like a creepy smile. I didn't get around to eat it, because I woke up (at about 4 am, wanting to puke .. I didn't though).

So, freudians, what to you have to say about that?

A very interesting dream no doubt.

In Freudian term terminology, we usually classify dreams like this as......fucked up! lol
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
24.04.2011 - 21:10
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Just last night I had a dream about a brutal death metal album that was released back in 1937.
24.04.2011 - 22:36
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I once had a dream that a fat mexican women tried to stick her penis in my car's sunroof. Make of it what you will.
24.04.2011 - 22:44
Yasmine
Written by Guest on 24.04.2011 at 22:36

I once had a dream that a fat mexican women tried to stick her penis in my car's sunroof. Make of it what you will.

Wait what?! :| lol Do you mean man? lol
----
24.04.2011 - 22:51
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Yasmine on 24.04.2011 at 22:44

Written by Guest on 24.04.2011 at 22:36

Wait what?! :| lol Do you mean man? lol

Yes. It happened. More specifically, I was going to my car to drive to school, but a green van was behind my car. I walked up to the van to ask the person in it to back up, and a 4 year old boy walked out. A fat mexican lady then came out and said, "You can't tell me what to do, I'm a teacher." She then jumped on top of my car and attempted to stick her penis in my sunroof. I asked her what the fuck she was doing, and she said that her husband had died and she was feeling horny.
24.04.2011 - 22:56
Yasmine
If you have a penis in Texas you can't have a husban..........nevermind I already know way too much. lol
----
24.04.2011 - 23:11
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Yasmine on 24.04.2011 at 22:56

If you have a penis in Texas you can't have a husban..........nevermind I already know way too much. lol

Wait- How the fuck did you know that l live in Texas...?