Metal Storm logo
Dreams

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.06.2006 - 00:47
Dreams...do you believe in them? what do they mean to you....what was the nicest and the most horrible dream you've ever had...what was your last night's dream...and, in fact what are dreams? these are the questions i would like you to answer to in this thread...I, for one, believe that dreams are just bullcrap; my guess is that they are just representations of the most intense feelings and events that happened to a person during a day, or a certain period of time, that come out at night....so, i'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about this...
03.11.2009 - 12:24
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
If anyone understands dreams, I'd like to understand this one as it is freaking me out:

I was with my brother walking towards a beach when we came across Lilly Allen who was playing a little show opposite the sea with a bunch of musicians that I do not know. It was dark but the weather was calm, she started singing a song about a ship coming to port. I noticed hundreds or maybe thousandsof people were gathered on the sand not paying attention to the music, just staring into the sea. Suddenly, I made out a huge ship heading towards the beach, at the beginning, it had no lights but as it neared, lights kept coming on. I sat down on a public bench, rather than join the others on the sand and listened to the end of the song, I was sitting there with a seatbelt on. After the song, Lilly Allen turned to me and talked to me in a flirty, yet not overly, manner, I spoke back, then she told me to stop smoking and to always wear my seatbelt. I picked up my phone to text a friend, who likes Lilly Allen...

But I was woke up by a friend sending me a text in real life. I find this dream pretty creepy, especially Lilly Allen's words at the end.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
03.11.2009 - 12:37
tulkas
el parcero
Yeh, I know the feeling of those really weird, apparently senseless dreams, it sucks. I don't know, it could be that someone is worried about you and wants you to take care of yourself, by quitting and wearing a seatbelt
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
03.11.2009 - 15:00
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
It's just freaky because I'm wondering whether I'm gonna be in an accident now. And that ship was weird.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.11.2009 - 18:48
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Graveheart on 28.10.2009 at 00:15

I don't know about gaining some consciousness when you dream, because to me that sounds like something to do with dreams in general, like they're the result of a busy brain, if that makes sense. I'm emphasising the part where you need a habit that you can share with your dream-self. Repetition is the key, and it's even better if you don't even notice you're doing it (while awake) because that means the routine has become something natural to you, like you don't think about breathing while you're breathing. Because every time your dream-self does it, something unusual happens which in this example means that the lights stay on. That's the key moment, the surprise that you will recognise in most of your dreams. You're always going to react to that as if somebody came up to say "hey, you're dreaming".

If you don't like to screw with the lights you can choose another routine. Obviously the easiest ones to follow are those that are not dependent on your environments (after all, the light switch goes into the privacy category because you might not want to annoy other people in the room, especially when it's not your room), and it can be as simple as jerking your index finger every 5-10 minutes. Your dream-self's index finger will stretch if he jerks it - and there you have your key moment, the "hey, you're dreaming" sign in front of you. Also, jumping is supposed to work even better than the finger trick, but for most people that's not the most convenient habit, at least in public. The key moment in the dream is that you jump in the air and won't come down.

Besides luck there must be a lot of self-command involved. I have a theory that the more sceptical you are in nature, the easier it is for you to become lucid. If it's in you to question life's truths in your waking state, your dream-self might also be prepared for things that are just too bizarre to be there. I used to be a pretty gullible kid growing up so I took a lot of my dream experiences for granted, while these days as I'm more aware of the real world, my dreams have started to show some slightly lucid features occasionally. Still most of my recent dream occurences however are purely out of my hands, and I'm talking the stuff where I'm frozen into a museum showcase or have brought a flame thrower into a bar and thought it's all everyday. Sure it's also true that once you've found out about lucid dreaming, your chances of having one will dramatically increase, but I'm sure some general scepticism can't be anything less than helpful. Personally, my main concern is that if or when I've managed to create my own key moment, I'm going to use it as a way out instead of a way in, against all logical and explicable behavior.

There's a movie you might like to see, it's about this very subject and I must admit some of the stuff I've written here has been more or less "inspired" from this scene, more specifically from the dialogue from 3:00 and on. It's from "Waking Life" by Richard Linklater:

If you prefer, the scene is also available as a transcription here: http://strivinglife.com/words/post/Waking-Life-Chapter-10---Dreams.aspx

Thanks alot. It's great to know more and more about lucid dreaming and how to control your dreams.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
12.11.2009 - 04:30
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Does it happen to u that u start thinking about something and then end up dreaming about it??
this has happened to me like every night, it's pretty cool but i wonder if it's usual for everybody
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
12.11.2009 - 13:39
Graveheart
It happens to me sometimes. I heard it's a common theory that whatever you're thinking about the second you fall asleep, you will have a dream about it. But most of my dreams are not related to what I remember having thought about. Usually it's something I know I'd never even imagine when I'm still awake.

Last night one of my former classmates, dressed in an army uniform, rode a plastic trike into my front yard to inform me that the world record for eating one Colombian honeydew while playing guitar at the same time is thirty minutes. So yeah, I don't think anyone could ever prepare for anything like that. All the information and experience that I've received from my dreams feel more like a flow of improvisation in a stream of consciousness. Somehow it's external and personal at the same time.
20.11.2009 - 06:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Last week I dreamt twice about a raptor as a sheperd, like a velociraptor sheperd, guiding sheep.
WTF.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.12.2009 - 13:43
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
I had an awesome dream last night. I was lucid and there was exciting chasings and punch-ups. I was in total control but...While running i fell from a height...Then became paralyzed and couldn't move anymore. I was still lucid, yet unable to make any physical movement, just lay there...Then a wierd creature appeared comming towards me, reached me and sat right on my chest, took out a flexible tube with a needle at one end, stared into my eyes, inserted the needle into my neck and began to suck my blood. I felt its cold hands, the pressure yet no pain and little by little i was filled with a peacefull void...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
10.12.2009 - 22:13
I don't know why, but I've been having the weirdest dreams recently, some having me actually freak out for no reason.

Like one I had, I was in the hospital. Not a normal hospital though, the first floor was an airport. I was in my scrubs and in a wheel chair, but I was this guy from Law and Order. http://www.edopter.com/images_user/ideas/200807/Bu72k8

Anyways, I can't remember much, but there were like 5-6 building of the same airport/hospital setup up all around. There was a panic going on, like a terroist attack, but 3/4 of the people weren't even freaking out. Then an explosion goes off in the background, then I woke up. When I woke up though, I couldn't even look at my closet because it was frightening.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
08.01.2010 - 07:17
Immortal
Had an awesome dream last night. I was one of the Devil's warriors who was sent up from the depths of Hell to battle with an angel from Heaven in an old gothic church. The classic battle between good and evil! We were flying around in battle Dragonball/Matrix style, was brilliant until I was rudely awoke by a fire alarm
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
08.01.2010 - 09:54
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 06:40

Last week I dreamt twice about a raptor as a sheperd, like a velociraptor sheperd, guiding sheep.
WTF.

wtf indeed lol.

I was having weird dreams the night before Screamfest. They were mostly about me leaving my tickets at home or getting there late and the ppl at the door wouldn't let me in for some weird reason or rocking up naked by accident because i forgot to wear clothes .. i woke up with relief that it wasn't real. Thankfully none of that stuff happened and i had a really great time haha
15.01.2010 - 23:00
MetallicA
I had one the other night that I was in Hell for some reason but I wasn't dead. I had to fight my way back up above ground and I remember fighting demons and I had a partner who was helping me fight. A vivid part of this dream was a break inbetween the fighting...we were standing next to a bar. It was in the shape of an oval and there was a huge crowd around it. 2 of the bartenders were dressed very skanky and they were singing some pop song. They were very talented but I had the sudden u
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
15.01.2010 - 23:15
Nexus
Asshat
I've had this dream that has been reoccurring over the past month or so. I am inside a house, and I look outside the kitchen window to see this gorgeous sky -- it's tinted completely red, but not in an apocalyptic way -- the clouds are glazed with this golden hue, and they're disperesed sparsely over the crimson backdrop. I open the door, and run out to go get a better view and take a picture of it. I'm running on this dock, and the waters are completely still, so that they reflect the image of the sky perfectly. But the more I run, the faster the sky changes, until finally it turns into this mundane sky during sunset (still beautiful, but nothing compared to the sky I had seen indoors.). And for some reason, Philip Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is always there.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
16.01.2010 - 08:12
MetallicA
Written by Nexus on 15.01.2010 at 23:15

And for some reason, Philip Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is always there.

I was watching that the other day actually!

Another really wierd dream I had a few days ago was that me and my boyfriend were makin out on the bed and he was saying to me "who's god's special girl?" as if I was a kid or pet. And then he stood up, took a few steps, then ran into the bathroom and puked in the toilet. I went and asked if he was ok and he said "I don't know." I looked at his puke...it was nothing but fake flowers I said to him "I don't think you should eat those anymore!" and they were still perfect despite being puked up hahaha
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
23.04.2010 - 05:28
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Time to revive the dead a bit! It's been a good three months since any one has posted in this thread.

I had a dream last night that's been stuck on my mind all day, it wasn't that weird though, nothing really strange. I did wake up a few times for brief moments and, each time I went back to sleep I resumed the dream but, it was a different day each time I resumed.
In short, it was just about some new broad I met in my dream, and how we kept hanging out as people who are new and interested in one another would, it had that pursue sort of feeling but, was quite lucid. The most odd occurrence was, at one point we went into this sort of pet room that was outside, it had glass walls and doors and within this room was a bit of a home made jungle for all the animals. The only animal I can now vividly recall was this absolutely huge, yellow and black Anaconda that roamed the area freely.
What really threw me off is when I woke up as, I could hear a live cover of Metallica's "Creeping Death" which confused the hell out of me because, I don't have any Metallica on my computer or, so I thought. Turns out some one changed a file on an album I recently acquired, instead of it being a cover of Carpathian Forest's "Pierced Genitalia" it was a cover of Metallica. What's even more strange about that is, earlier that night I was talking to a fellow MS member whom asked me what I thought about Metallica, to of which I replied that the only album I would consider listening to was "Ride The Lightning"...

[Edit] Almost seems ironic that the last person to post in this thread goes by the handle..Metallica.
27.04.2010 - 05:03
whatsacow
I had a dream that a friend of mine was teaching dance to children, and had blades on her arms. Every time she done a spin, she would lop off a childs head, and it would then run down a chute to mcdonalds, and put in the mcnugggets.

If that dream means anything, i'd be very scared. Dreams mean nothing, they are just combinations of thoughts you had before you slept.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
06.05.2010 - 12:01
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
^ Then I'd actually believe McDicks uses real meat in their nuggets lol.

My strange dreams ensue, I can only recall two recent ones. The other night I had a dream that the world was ending without any sort of cause, all I can recall is the sky was a blaze, lots of orange and yellow hues...possibly some thing about our giant defender robot guardians had been disabled/defeated lol, I'm not sure what caused this one.

The second one was from last night, it was about aliens..the grey variety. As with other alien invasion sort of dreams I've had, I never actually see the aliens but, I know there presence is near due to sounds. I woke up once feeling startled but, soon fell back to sleep. Then I'm pretty sure that there was a quiet spot in my music (since I listen to bm when I go to bed) and then there was a scream which I am pretty damn sure was from winamp but, I simultaneously heard it in my dream which prompted me to sit up quickly, in which my heart was beating quite profusely..damn alien dreams!
09.05.2010 - 11:54
Roro
Last night i dreamt that i bought a black leather bag with spiks all over, it looked so metal
shall i be worried ?
09.05.2010 - 12:28
Don Martin
le fu-
I once dreamed I was pursuited by some giant warthog at a giant barbeque in the woods... not amusing
The worst dream I ever had was that I was walking across a graveyard, when suddenly I saw a grave with my own and the date of that day was my dying day. Then, my corpse came out and dragged me all into the grave...
----
What a tackastrophe!
09.05.2010 - 18:52
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by nana.MD on 12.11.2009 at 04:30

Does it happen to u that u start thinking about something and then end up dreaming about it??
this has happened to me like every night, it's pretty cool but i wonder if it's usual for everybody

That actually happened to me a few year ago, I think for 2 nights in a row. I was obsessed with something and I had the same dream in 2 different nights. Freaky.. There was some other cases of me thinking about something and then dreaming about it, but just a few.. and its been years since last time it happen.

I dont know, I think these dreams have to do with something that is really bugging you. Usually the dreams I have are about some problems I have or something that's worrying me at the moment, even if its something I don't think its that important, but in my subconscious mind it is.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
17.05.2010 - 01:28
Graveheart
I once had a strange dream that was completely based on sound. I can't remember anything visual about it, but it isn't important anyway as it all took place in just one room. A "blind dream" if you will. It was also something I'd call a nightmare, although nothing scary happened - it was just very uncomfortable in atmosphere and emotionally complicated.

So in it I lived with my father in some place we have never lived in. I don't know what had happened to my mother and sister, but they weren't around and it was just the two of us there. We slept in the same room and our beds were at the corners opposite to each other. I'm not sure how I knew this as I never saw any of the place, I just "sensed" what the situation was like because it felt like it had always been that way. What happened was we were both about to go to sleep and I was lying in bed with my eyes closed, while my dad stayed awake because he had something to talk about. I listened to him pour out this extremely long, deep and serious monologue about all these touching and important things about me and himself and us both and all kinds of similar issues. Very beautiful and effective coming from my father. For some reason I couldn't interrupt or respond to him probably because it was too intimate even just between the two of us and that's why it felt uncomfortable to do anything else than keep pretending to be asleep. And he sounded like that's the way he intended it, as if he didn't care if I even heard any of it as long as he could just get it out of him.

When he finally finished speaking, I listened to the other sounds in the place and realised we're not alone in the house after all. I heard footsteps approaching the room and decided to keep lying still, hoping and trusting my dad would know what's going on. Then the door opened and I heard two people enter the room, footsteps stopping before my dad's bed. Two anonymous men started talking with my father about something I don't remember any details to, other than what revealed to me that they all knew each other. When the conversation was over, I heard some weird noise coming from their direction, possibly from something they were holding. The best way to describe it is some kind of a rhythmic pattern of clicking sounds that resonated in the room. After that I heard the men put my father into some kind of a restraining jacket and take him away. While I never actually saw what was going on I based this on what I heard and I somehow associated the clicking sound with whatever device they used as the restraining jacket. During all this I kept pretending to be asleep because I had this feeling that I didn't want anything to do with these men, hoping they wouldn't notice me there. I heard no resistance from my dad as they all left the room. I listened to the sound of footsteps getting fainter...

...and suddenly louder again. Someone was coming back into the room while I was alone in there. The door opened and this time the footsteps stopped right before my bed. After a brief, uncomfortable silence while nobody spoke, I heard the same clicking noises start again right close to me now. Needless to say I had a strong desire to get the hell out before the rhythmic pattern would end in its last click. So I woke up just in time, still a little more shaken up and confused than usual. Whenever I dream about being in bed it takes an extra while to recover and realise what just happened.
26.05.2010 - 23:46
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Well maybe those things weren't apparently that important when they were a big deal, what's happening to me lately are this dreams regarding stuff i have to handle with and i might be afraid of it, maybe it's a way of encouraging you to do so

Written by Dark Blood on 09.05.2010 at 18:52

Written by nana.MD on 12.11.2009 at 04:30

That actually happened to me a few year ago, I think for 2 nights in a row. I was obsessed with something and I had the same dream in 2 different nights. Freaky.. There was some other cases of me thinking about something and then dreaming about it, but just a few.. and its been years since last time it happen.

I dont know, I think these dreams have to do with something that is really bugging you. Usually the dreams I have are about some problems I have or something that's worrying me at the moment, even if its something I don't think its that important, but in my subconscious mind it is.
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.07.2010 - 22:27
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I had a dream last night/this morning that I was using Metal Storm and saw a notification that the site was closed until a lawsuit with Opeth was settled. Something involving MS owning the original domain name to Opeth.com... weird. It's probably because I stayed up all night using MS to make a playlist with Brutal Assault artists for a preview.
26.07.2010 - 00:24
Graveheart
A dark young woman has broken into my house and she's keeping me imprisoned there. By "dark" I mean dark-haired and dark-eyed, although she's caucasian like me, probably my age too. She's persistent in trying to kill me in various different ways, mostly by traps. I barely survive all of her attempts on my life, but I can't get on top of the situation and her control doesn't slip.

It goes on like that for a while until she takes out this cardboard box of about 15cm^3 (15 centimeters = 6 inches) and kicks it to me. The box feels empty, but I hear ticking from inside. I kick it back to her, she kicks it back to me and we're passing the box to each other while the ticking rhythm gets faster and faster. Then suddenly I can see a timer counting seconds down from maybe ten. It might have appeared on the box itself, but I'm not sure. I kick the box when only two seconds remain and that's exactly when the woman starts to scream, showing me the first sign of fracture in her confidence. The box is at her feet as the timer reaches zero.

I'm expecting something to explode, but instead I hear a gunshot. The woman collapses on the floor with a wounded knee. The box is still right next to her and she reaches for it, but I get to it first. I take some distance, open the box and take a handgun out of it. Although she's already been shot and lying on the floor unable to move, I'm pointing the gun at her just in case because something tells me I'd better be expecting something unexpected to happen any second.

She's crying. She's turned from a cunning assassin to a helpless little kid in less than a minute. We proceed doing nothing but stare at each other, none of us making a move. My mind is racing with every possible outcome of this situation so deep in thought I almost forget she's even there, at gunpoint and hostile. Meanwhile she's stopped crying, but she still hasn't calmed down. She seems to have accepted what's coming for her and gives me this "go on then just shoot me" kind of look while I still haven't found a satisfying solution. This doesn't feel as tedious as it sounds, but it goes on and on for what feels like an hour of frozen silence with pretty much nothing actually happening. Then the woman finally turns her eyes away from mine to look at her wound. It makes something inside me nudge so I point the gun at her forehead as fast as I can and pull the trigger.

Click, click. It doesn't fire.
27.07.2010 - 13:41
Archetype
A little while ago I had a dream that I was out on a small island on which a jail was situated. Although I somehow knew that I wasn't one of the criminals doing time, I continued to walk around the place and would see certain people such as movie actors and old friends that I haven't seen in many years sitting around and looking unhappy. I somehow knew that they were the ones doing time and while I walked around this place, I came across a group of people sitting around a table. On the table was a small stereo that was playing 'I Never Freamed' (Black Label Society's cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd song). I felt surprised to hear it yet I kept on walking around this odd place.

Shortly after I woke up.

I've heard different music - some familiar and some completely unknown to me within my dreams after that.
27.07.2010 - 16:24
vezzy
Stallmanite
I haven't dreamed in a year. Or, wait, I think I did, but it was something random and absolutely forgettable.
However, one thing I have noticed that used to be recurring in my dreams were the portals in my lucid/normal dreams. I think I've had like four or five dreams which follow the same pattern: end up in some surreal situation, jump in/get sucked into portal (I recall that when I was in the portal for what felt like a few seconds, I had this really odd, tingly fearful sensation) and wake up relieved.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
06.08.2010 - 11:30
Perseverence
Account deleted
I had a dream that I was in hell playing poker with Hitler, Dahmur, Manson, and Satan was the dealer! With free booze, and a free jukebox with the largest metal collection I've ever seen. If that's hell I can't wait!
10.08.2010 - 13:44
Fane
Written by Guest on 06.08.2010 at 11:30

I had a dream that I was in hell playing poker with Hitler, Dahmur, Manson, and Satan was the dealer! With free booze, and a free jukebox with the largest metal collection I've ever seen. If that's hell I can't wait!

o_o Manson... MANSON! It truly was Hell and I've a job to finish there. Brb, I'll get my axe...
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
10.08.2010 - 18:44
Perseverence
Account deleted
Written by Fane on 10.08.2010 at 13:44

o_o Manson... MANSON! It truly was Hell and I've a job to finish there. Brb, I'll get my axe...

Whitch Manson do you mean? I mean Charlie, if you are talking about Marilyn go die! There's no reason to bring him up! I'm shure you mean Charlie though. Just want good old school clerification (please save me grammer Nazis!)
10.08.2010 - 18:49
Fane
Written by Guest on 10.08.2010 at 18:44

Written by Fane on 10.08.2010 at 13:44

Whitch Manson do you mean? I mean Charlie, if you are talking about Marilyn go die! There's no reason to bring him up! I'm shure you mean Charlie though. Just want good old school clerification (please save me grammer Nazis!)

Him? You cannot even say if IT is him or her!

But in the end, I suggest to attach an axe to both's heads
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun