Metal Storm logo
What do you think about punk?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 17.08.2006 - 12:33
hi.i want to say this is not a discussion about punkers,but more about the music.i personally think that if you need a break from metal,punk is a good choice.it doesn't have the agression,but since that is what metal is about,it won't be a problem.also i enjoy the optimistic vocals,and the sheer fun-sounding atmosphere of 80-90s punk.i don't enjoy that much the old-school punk.
other than that i think punk loses its originality and novelty value fast,if those values haven't already been lost.also i tend to get bored of punk,although i haven't listened to that much amount of this music type.
so,this is what i like and dislike about punk.what do YOU think?
17.01.2013 - 22:17
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.01.2013 at 19:26

i will wtfpwn the next person to insert have more than 2 nested quotes in this conversation - Bitter.

Lol I love Discharge man... and not so much The Exploited lol but Discharge rulez, Hear nothing See nothing Say nothing ftw.
Im not avoiding anything lol Im just stating my favs. Imo Crass is the best Punk band ever created lol.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.01.2013 - 02:07
stupid noob
Account deleted
Punk for me is a very harsh sound, and I think it's a little too noisy for my tastes. I don't mind that it's simple, most of my favorite bands play simple music, but it's like black metal for me. It gives me a headache! I always find that punk bands are lacking in the production department and their song structure seems so random and uncoordinated. It's definitely a genre of music I respect, but not one I personally enjoy listening to.
27.01.2013 - 07:58
squidrick420
I listen to just as much punk as I do metal. They are both very broad genres that often intertwine with each other. You will hear the occasional punk riff in metal, and the occasional metal riff in punk and sometimes it can be hard to tell a difference in the two. Crust punk can almost be considered a sub-genre of metal or punk depending on how you look at it. Old school Hardcore punk and thrash share a ton of similarities, and the riffs can be interchangeable at times; they also blend really well when you do crossover thrash like D.R.I. or Suicidal Tendencies. Then there are your punk genres that stand alone with little to no metal influence, but that can be a good thing at times. As for the "lack of aggression" that was mentioned, i feel that some kinds of punk have a ton of aggression, more then some kinds of metal.
18.02.2013 - 04:38
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by squidrick420 on 27.01.2013 at 07:58

I listen to just as much punk as I do metal. They are both very broad genres that often intertwine with each other. You will hear the occasional punk riff in metal, and the occasional metal riff in punk and sometimes it can be hard to tell a difference in the two. Crust punk can almost be considered a sub-genre of metal or punk depending on how you look at it. Old school Hardcore punk and thrash share a ton of similarities, and the riffs can be interchangeable at times; they also blend really well when you do crossover thrash like D.R.I. or Suicidal Tendencies. Then there are your punk genres that stand alone with little to no metal influence, but that can be a good thing at times. As for the "lack of aggression" that was mentioned, i feel that some kinds of punk have a ton of aggression, more then some kinds of metal.

Couldn't Agree more... so true.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here