Metal Storm logo
What do you think about punk?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 17.08.2006 - 12:33
hi.i want to say this is not a discussion about punkers,but more about the music.i personally think that if you need a break from metal,punk is a good choice.it doesn't have the agression,but since that is what metal is about,it won't be a problem.also i enjoy the optimistic vocals,and the sheer fun-sounding atmosphere of 80-90s punk.i don't enjoy that much the old-school punk.
other than that i think punk loses its originality and novelty value fast,if those values haven't already been lost.also i tend to get bored of punk,although i haven't listened to that much amount of this music type.
so,this is what i like and dislike about punk.what do YOU think?
27.05.2008 - 00:09
punk is punk. there are some nice punks and some stupid punks.
but here in vienna where I'm very often the punks always
beg for money on a big shopping street
the people here only have a very unilateral mind
27.05.2008 - 07:05
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Written by Dead_BirthDay on 27.05.2008 at 00:09

always read the first post in this forum, as you can see the thread-opener said "hi.i want to say this is not a discussion about punkers,but more about the music"

as for me, i was crazy about the american, japanese, scandinavian and german hardcore punk scene from the 80s to early 90s, and some crust. but that's was 5 years ago or so, today i still listen to it, but not daily like i used to. but there were some awesome hardcore punk bands in the 80s which i still prefer over any thrash metal band though..
30.05.2008 - 10:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26778] on 27.05.2008 at 07:05

always read the first post in this forum, as you can see the thread-opener said "hi.i want to say this is not a discussion about punkers,but more about the music"

as for me, i was crazy about the american, japanese, scandinavian and german hardcore punk scene from the 80s to early 90s, and some crust. but that's was 5 years ago or so, today i still listen to it, but not daily like i used to. but there were some awesome hardcore punk bands in the 80s which i still prefer over any thrash metal band though..

Japan are so overated in MA there was only one hard core band what I like but I forgit name, otherwise japanish punk is SHIT same shit like japanish metal, thay never will be in Europe and its it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.05.2008 - 15:21
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 30.05.2008 at 10:27

Japan are so overated in MA there was only one hard core band what I like but I forgit name, otherwise japanish punk is SHIT same shit like japanish metal, thay never will be in Europe and its it

lol shut up! why are you talking about the metal-archives anyway? you won't find hardcore punk and crust on that site, with what bands from the 80s are you familiar anyway from the japanese hardcore punk scene?
30.05.2008 - 15:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26778] on 30.05.2008 at 15:21

lol shut up! why are you talking about the metal-archives anyway? you won't find hardcore punk and crust on that site, with what bands from the 80s are you familiar anyway from the japanese hardcore punk scene?

I wont discuss those thinks here because in end all post and discussion be fucked up
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2008 - 15:42
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
you wont discuss it here because you don't know any hardcore punk bands from japan active in the 80s, period.
30.05.2008 - 15:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26778] on 30.05.2008 at 15:42

you wont discuss it here because you don't know any hardcore punk bands from japan active in the 80s, period.

in MA was some and tahy was good, I forgot names, but main nowdays bands are boring, and Japan are boring generaly and in metal too(no metter what)
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2008 - 16:02
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
yeah blablablabla, i'm talking about hardcore PUNK, so why do you even bother to check MA out? you will not find a single japanese hardcore punk band their. and i'm talking about the 80s so don't come with "nowdays bands are boring". why do you talk on a subject where you don't have any clue about? goddamn
30.05.2008 - 16:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=26778] on 30.05.2008 at 16:02

yeah blablablabla, i'm talking about hardcore PUNK, so why do you even bother to check MA out? you will not find a single japanese hardcore punk band their. and i'm talking about the 80s so don't come with "nowdays bands are boring". why do you talk on a subject where you don't have any clue about? goddamn

S.D.S are from Japan and are in M-A
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2008 - 16:16
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
i give up, you obviously lack the needed iq to understand what i'm saying, or you willfully flee from my arguments because you know that you're wrong.
02.06.2008 - 03:10
Zombie, M.D.

ol shut up! why are you talking about the metal-archives anyway? you won't find hardcore punk and crust on that site, with what bands from the 80s are you familiar anyway from the japanese hardcore punk scene?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can find G.I.S.M. on metal archives. Amebix, too, if memory serves me correctly.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
02.06.2008 - 10:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 02.06.2008 at 03:10

ol shut up! why are you talking about the metal-archives anyway? you won't find hardcore punk and crust on that site, with what bands from the 80s are you familiar anyway from the japanese hardcore punk scene?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can find G.I.S.M. on metal archives. Amebix, too, if memory serves me correctly.

FU always talk like fucked upstars(or brains) and those bands are there and I find more jap bands so ... also punk, hard core and whatever
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2008 - 18:36
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
The only Punk band i listen to, is "Bad Relligion" and is truely AWESOME.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
06.06.2008 - 22:35
Gordon Freeman
Being a part of the music scene in my small home town gave you three choices of music.

Blink-182 wannabe bands
Korn wannabe bands
and punk bands

So obviously I jammed with and hung out with a lot of punk bands.

We mostly covered or copied old school stuff like Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedy's, Misfits all the usual classics...I also used to "roadie" for a local crust punk band and that was a lot of fun.

Other than the above mentioned I like Black Flag, Necromantix and a lot of Crossover bands like DRI.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
06.06.2008 - 22:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=33097] on 06.06.2008 at 22:29

Punk=Shit

be carifullk whit such posts man because you can be banned
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2008 - 03:46
Desertman
Account deleted
HAIL THE EXPLOITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07.06.2008 - 11:04
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

Punk=Shit

you wasted, what, 10-15 minutes to set-up an MS account to drop that pearl of wisdom?

seriously, if that is the best you can offer, MS was a better place before you found the site.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.06.2008 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 07.06.2008 at 11:04

Punk=Shit

you wasted, what, 10-15 minutes to set-up an MS account to drop that pearl of wisdom?

seriously, if that is the best you can offer, MS was a better place before you found the site.

Look at his personal text, hope he wont found Kosovo tread then its gonne be 100 posts like this
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2008 - 08:44
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted

Doood!...Japan=epic win

Boris
Coffins
Merzbow
Melt Banana
Sigh

all those bands own you
16.06.2008 - 19:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=32596] on 16.06.2008 at 08:44

Doood!...Japan=epic win

Boris
Coffins
Merzbow
Melt Banana
Sigh

all those bands own you

Nice to see someone else mention COffins, brilliant band but of courser not punk (I think the thread was on punk )
Other great Japanese bands are
Loudness,
Corrupted,
Church Of Misery
Ritual Carnage (though there is an American in it)

I agree with you that Japanese metal is totally NOT overrated.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.06.2008 - 23:12
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.06.2008 at 19:53

Written by [user id=32596] on 16.06.2008 at 08:44

Doood!...Japan=epic win

Boris
Coffins
Merzbow
Melt Banana
Sigh

all those bands own you

Nice to see someone else mention COffins, brilliant band but of courser not punk (I think the thread was on punk )
Other great Japanese bands are
Loudness,
Corrupted,
Church Of Misery
Ritual Carnage (though there is an American in it)

I agree with you that Japanese metal is totally NOT overrated.

Indeed Coffins own,yeah i know they're not punk.i was just merely using them as an example of japan's musical awesomeness.

another good Japanese artist is Boredoms....if you love the noise
08.07.2008 - 16:43
Infurnace
Well, personaly I'm not a really big fan of punk, but I must admit that there are some good punk bands around. I don't hate the music or anything. It's just not my thing. I used to listen to lots of punk when I was younger. Crust punk is something I do like.
11.07.2008 - 09:32
MortalTheory
Account deleted
Punk is hit or miss, it's either really good, or really bad.
11.08.2008 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I need help
That is punbk or Oi band, tahy had song about riot and I write out of lyric this

We wanna riot
we wanna riot
we're sick n tired

there comes a riot squad
Thay closing in
tahy had weapens ready
whit tear grande ...

something like this
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2008 - 15:58
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 11.08.2008 at 13:21

I need help
That is punbk or Oi band, tahy had song about riot and I write out of lyric this

We wanna riot
we wanna riot
we're sick n tired

there comes a riot squad
Thay closing in
tahy had weapens ready
whit tear grande ...

something like this

Wow, that narrows it down a lot! I can't think of many punk songs with lyrics like that! *shock horror*

On a serious note, I've been getting into a bit of punk lately (thanks largely to Darkthrone's recent releases, hehe) and while I haven't bothered really delving beneath the mainstream too much, it seems like there's a wealth of great bands to be found. Bad Religion and Bouncing Souls are so damn cool, but I agree totally with people who say that there's a lot of crappy punk out there too, a few of the bands had me torn between laughter and tears.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.08.2008 - 16:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 11.08.2008 at 15:58

I need help

We wanna riot
we wanna riot
we're sick n tired

there comes a riot squad
Thay closing in
tahy had weapens ready
whit tear grande ...

something like this

Wow, that narrows it down a lot! I can't think of many punk songs with lyrics like that! *shock horror*

On a serious note, I've been getting into a bit of punk lately (thanks largely to Darkthrone's recent releases, hehe) and while I haven't bothered really delving beneath the mainstream too much, it seems like there's a wealth of great bands to be found. Bad Religion and Bouncing Souls are so damn cool, but I agree totally with people who say that there's a lot of crappy punk out there too, a few of the bands had me torn between laughter and tears.

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=Cq7Die0AmAs

sorry for ulta violant video
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2008 - 16:07
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 11.08.2008 at 16:05

Written by Judas on 11.08.2008 at 15:58

I need help

We wanna riot
we wanna riot
we're sick n tired

there comes a riot squad
Thay closing in
tahy had weapens ready
whit tear grande ...

something like this

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=Cq7Die0AmAs

sorry for ulta violant video

Cool video hehe. The song title is given there, it's by a band called UK Subs and the song is called 'Riot'.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.08.2008 - 16:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thank's man nice song but video, not nice its about greens
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2008 - 16:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah UK Subs.

Although I only have Diminished Responsibility by them I really love that album, great Punk.
And they never split up and are still going strong.
Guitarist/vocalist must be over 60 by now easily.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2008 - 16:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2008 at 16:20

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah UK Subs.

Although I only have Diminished Responsibility by them I really love that album, great Punk.
And they never split up and are still going strong.
Guitarist/vocalist must be over 60 by now easily.

UK Subs are old band?
I look myspace thay had album this year
Is it from 60ties 70ties?

You know Stomper 89? are thay old too?
----

apos;'
[image]