Metal Storm logo
Bands you like, but are ashamed of it

Original post

Posted by tuerda, 25.08.2006 - 05:26
So yeah, I'm sure this happens to a lot of people. There is some band that you shouldn't like. There is something wrong with it. You might even think that it's bad . . . But you love it! You nod along to the music and can't help but sing along if you know the lyrics. You love it, and you hate the fact that you love it. So yeah, does this happen to anyone else, and if so, with what bands?

For me, the most obvious one is Rhapsody. They are really really cheesy, and all of their songs sound more or less the same to me. I feel it is all charged with vacuous optimism, and the lyrics are terrible. But yes, I like them. Please don't tell anyone.

Also, I like Bal Sagoth. They are pretty much the cheesiest band on earth, and it is precisely the cheesiness that makes me love them so. The "dark" vocals are anything but creepy and all of the "symphonics" sound fake. It's so bad that it's good!

There are some Emperor songs that I like. I have moral issues with liking Emperor. The black metal act is sometimes interesting, and often funny as hell. I approve of it . . . but only so long as it is an act. Church burning is not cool. Neither is killing people.
05.07.2007 - 04:45
Torture Killer
Account deleted
I like Bon Jovi, I'm listening to them now... I've never felt so ashamed
05.07.2007 - 07:25
~IAMLEGEND~
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 05.07.2007 at 04:45

ROFL, you should be.

LOL, jk. Doesn't matter. I honestly don't prefer Jovi. I almost said Bowie there *whew*. Still.......
05.07.2007 - 14:40
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 05.07.2007 at 04:45

So fucking what?
I like Bon Jovi too.
05.07.2007 - 19:37
Burning Oasis
Account deleted
Oh man, haha. I don't really feel ashamed of them, they're just what I call guilty pleasures. And as of right now Tears for Fears is one of those. >.>
08.07.2007 - 14:07
AlGore
Account deleted
Jack Johnson......yea I think I might be gay, but for some reason I love all his songs. I think he uhh :cough: might be into some metal orsomeshitithinkmaybeyouknowcause......:fades away:
10.07.2007 - 23:52
Cassandra
Account deleted
im going to get my metalstorm ass kicked for this one.... the cardigans.... (nothing wrong with some old fashioned female vocals to listen to right?.... RIGHT??)
12.07.2007 - 02:10
Remus
I like The Scissor Sisters. Yup, it's bad. I also like Mika. K, let me rephrase, i lke the music Mika and The Scissor Sisters make! Just look past the wholle gay thang people, it's actually good music!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
12.07.2007 - 02:15
Deus Ex Machina
Written by Hyvaarin on 21.03.2007 at 12:33

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I dig a few Panic! At the Disco songs. They're annoying and whiny, but they're still fun and really catchy.

Why is everyone so embarassed ? XDDDDD Funny.

Anyway.I totally dig Panic! at the disco.
Fun music.
And i love their lyrics honestly.
12.07.2007 - 12:12
Black Winter
For me it was cool to talk about any band i listn to, but, whenever i talk to someone in my country about PLACEBO, they make me regret it, comments like, 'gay band' and 'female voice' , but i truly appreciate their music so i don't give a damn.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
14.07.2007 - 16:00
Kideias
Account deleted
i like a lot ...Sade.. you know her.r'n'b black female singer .to tell the truth i think i am in love with her .
anyway the woman has a beautifull voice so i don't give a damn.i also like george michael ...:thumbdown: just kidding for the last one...
14.07.2007 - 16:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
there are two bands (or maybe better their two songs) i like to hear, though i in general don't like the genre, but i cant help :

first is LoveX - one of those finnish "wanna be metal" bands a la Rasmus and Guardian Angel by them

and the second is even worse - it is emo band 30 seconds to Mars...i hate emo style, but somehow i cant stop listening the refrain of their From Yersterday...its really strong and nice to hear for me
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.07.2007 - 18:01
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Remus on 12.07.2007 at 02:10

I also like Mika.

Mika is great! I love his music too and I'm definately not ashamed of it! Mika is a great artist.. I could be brown, I could be blue..!!!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
19.07.2007 - 18:47
Falco
Account deleted
It's pretty pointless being embarrassed of listening to anything. I like Scissor Sisters, Nelly Furtado and stuff. I'm not ashamed that I like them, and I don't see any reason why you'd have to be. I've seen Scissor Sisters live, and I bought a t-shirt. They were awesome - people seem to miss the fact that they're actually a band and not a pop group. They are a lot more rocking live than on their CDs - and we're not 10, big deal if they're gay, so what. Freddie Mercury was gay, Elton John is gay... no different from Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters or Kele Okereke of Bloc Party being gay. Big deal!
03.08.2007 - 04:05
Muse of Light
I'm not really ashamed of anything I listen to. I have broad musical taste, and I think that anyone who thinks that diverse musical taste is negative is a dumb bastard.

For example:

Savage Garden
*NSync
Alanis Morrisette
Imogen Heap
Secret Garden
Benny Benassi
Evanescence
Eve6
Jewel
The Goo Goo Dolls

I listen to almost literally every genre under the sun (obscure subgenres not necessarily counted).

I could go on and on and on....and on....

Yeah. Listen to whatever the hell you like. :p
----
"My past holds only pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future." - Ixidor, reality sculptor
03.08.2007 - 04:22
Muse of Light
Written by Guest on 19.07.2007 at 18:47

It's pretty pointless being embarrassed of listening to anything. I like Scissor Sisters, Nelly Furtado and stuff. I'm not ashamed that I like them, and I don't see any reason why you'd have to be. I've seen Scissor Sisters live, and I bought a t-shirt. They were awesome - people seem to miss the fact that they're actually a band and not a pop group. They are a lot more rocking live than on their CDs - and we're not 10, big deal if they're gay, so what. Freddie Mercury was gay, Elton John is gay... no different from Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters or Kele Okereke of Bloc Party being gay. Big deal!

Well said!
----
"My past holds only pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future." - Ixidor, reality sculptor
10.08.2007 - 23:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Muse of Light on 03.08.2007 at 04:05

I'm not really ashamed of anything I listen to. I have broad musical taste, and I think that anyone who thinks that diverse musical taste is negative is a dumb bastard.

For example:

Alanis Morrisette

Why she, why she are great and amazing singer and poet, ewery song are so emeotional deep and Im PROUD say that I love her music
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.09.2007 - 12:38
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Wow, here comes the lot. Bon Jovi, Green Day, Royksopp
Strange, but what can I do. I like those bands, for one reason or another.
----
25.09.2007 - 19:47
?Master?
Account deleted
im not embarassed of any bands i like
hmm people always tell me to be ashamed
cus i listen to corridos (mexican music)
but i love it fuk im mexican its in my blood what can i say
ha bloody ha
27.09.2007 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Øyvind on 25.09.2007 at 12:38

Royksopp

Dunno em what thay play
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2007 - 11:09
Øyvind
Grave Digger
They play some... Lo-fi electro-pop, or something, check it up on youtube or somewhere, you'll get the idea why I'm ashamed
----
21.10.2007 - 06:33
Apollyon
Account deleted
Kanye West
21.10.2007 - 09:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 06:33

Kanye West

who is he
----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2007 - 20:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2007 at 09:57

Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 06:33

Kanye West

who is he

He's a rapper, but he's so much more than just a rapper...he's not into hip-hop and rap for exploitation for one thing...what I like about him was how he uses elements like orchestras in his performances...
24.10.2007 - 15:42
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Mastodon. used to be a cool band. but now they are turning into a radio band and their fan base sucks
26.10.2007 - 08:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Prince. Im a big Prince fan and my friends hassled me for it yesterday, I didnt even know it was something hassle worthy, Duff from GnR is a big Prince fan.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.10.2007 - 12:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.10.2007 at 15:42

Mastodon. used to be a cool band. but now they are turning into a radio band and their fan base sucks

:lol; I neve rhad likes that band and dunno why ppl like them?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.10.2007 - 16:58
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.10.2007 at 12:59

because of the music
26.10.2007 - 17:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.10.2007 at 16:58

because of the music

Maybe music ok but there are beter bands too
----

apos;'
[image]
27.10.2007 - 12:25
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.10.2007 at 17:30

Written by Guest on 26.10.2007 at 16:58

because of the music

Maybe music ok but there are beter bands too

I know, but they started very good with Lifesblood and Remission
03.11.2007 - 18:22
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Pet Shop Boys, hehe. Not that ashamed, but anyway.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!