Metal Storm logo
Coffee & Tea

Original post

Posted by Eight, 16.09.2006 - 18:39

Ok, i've created this topic to know what you people think about coffee? Is it really takes that high place in your life and why ?
'Serious laboratory researches have confirmed, that this coffee makes active the centers of memory and attention, besides, it protects from a cancer and a diabetes, to women helps to dump weight, and to men - to restore a potentiality.'(coffee.ru)
21.12.2007 - 22:44
Ernis
狼獾
Sure they do...simplest energy drinks have caffeine, stronger ones also contain taurine......
25.12.2007 - 06:02
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Frodo Of Steel: Thanks for clearing that up for me , I couldn't find that incredient on the back of my red bull.

back on topic though, does anyone find that Starbuck's hot drinks have more kick/effect than the cold drinks?
27.12.2007 - 08:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 25.12.2007 at 06:02

back on topic though, does anyone find that Starbuck's hot drinks have more kick/effect than the cold drinks?

Either one has totally no effect on me. I find Starbuck's coffee to be terrible, totally watered down, it looks like tea at times and doesn't even taste like a good cup of coffee.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.05.2008 - 23:30
Ernis
狼獾
Allright dudes....because of my exposure to the Chinese culture and way of thinking and also my health habits I've sorta starting to become a teaholic....
Not that I'd be drinking pots of tea per day...but in general...I've learnt bit more bout tea than before...

So...the different types of tea and what I think bout them and which are best in my opinion...

Black tea - which in Chinese isn't called black at all but red instead...logical actually since the colour's rust reddish instead of black....that's classic...the most easily available of all teas, most fermented and has the sweetest natural taste...somehow it's a habit for me to always add some sugar to it...it almost seems to require it...you can pour boiling water on it....

Green tea - less fermented than the previous...all teas tend to suck with sugar except black tea...therefore...big no no to any sugar speaking of green tea...is rich in antioxydants and other useful substances....you should let the water cool down a bit before pouring on it....

White tea - least fermented of the teas....is like green tea but is said to contain less fluoride and more anti-viral and anti-bacterial compounds...so definitely more potent and better for health than the two previous teas....some even say that white tea contains so much caffeine like compounds that it isn't very wise to drink more than one cup per day....NEVER pour boiling water on white tea since it kills the teas taste and qualities...water must be cooled down a bit....

Now comes my personal favourite...

Blue tea - also known as blue-green tea or oolong tea....this tea's perfect...speaking of fermentation it lies between black tea and green tea but supersedes both....it's dark as black tea in it's essence but has a colder bluish-greenish shade (sea colour....ultra kvlt lol) than the reddish black tea....also it doesn't have the annoyingly sweet undertaste of the black tea....no sugar allowed with this tea...it has perfect strong taste, no sweetness, just fine refreshing taste...also it lacks the grassy taste of the green tea...
The shop assistant told me that blue tea reeks of all kinds of antioxydants and affects the organism at the cellular level defeating all kinds of disorders that might take place in the body...so...blue tea beats all others big time....
And don't forget to let the water cool down a bit....tho it's not as sensitive as white and green tea.....

Yellow tea - like green tea but with a slower drying phase...the taste's good....here in Estonia it's sorta rare...only few Chinese restaurants offer it...the shop I bought it from just received some yellow tea....this one's said to be best for meditating and thinking etc...

Black tea - the REAL thing....not that reddish coloured tea we here in West call black but the real tro0 kvlt black tea....the more specific name is post-fermented tea which means that the tea has been fermenting for a long time, from months to even years.....the result is the dark tea....this is mysterious for me since I've never tried black tea...yeh...the true black tea....

Subject change....the following drink's not a tea but can be classified as a herb drink...

Lapacho - the tea of the Incas'....it's some evergreen tree which bark is boiled in water and then kept under the cover for some time...the result's a brown coloured drink that has a pleasant taste and is believed to be so potent that it may even cure cancer and other such diseases...there are also rumours of the potential toxicity of that tree bark but who knows anyhow....a plus is that the drink can be consumed both hot and chilled.....
27.05.2008 - 23:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 27.05.2008 at 23:30

Allright dudes....because of my exposure to the Chinese culture and way of thinking and also my health habits I've sorta starting to become a teaholic....

Man chinese tea are awsome, realy it gives enegry to you , one I tried tea buy in speclal tea shop and it was awsome, unfortunatly I dont know name in eglish( jamsim) but damn I realy love it, enegry for all day, and ultra strong tea
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.05.2008 - 00:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 27.05.2008 at 23:59

Man chinese tea are awsome, realy it gives enegry to you , one I tried tea buy in speclal tea shop and it was awsome, unfortunatly I dont know name in eglish( jamsim) but damn I realy love it, enegry for all day, and ultra strong tea

Jasmin tea belongs to the type of flower teas....our Chinese teacher said that in fact jasmin teas are pointless and usually suck...in restaurants jasmin tea is usually even served to clients free of charge but nobody usually even wants it...somehow in West all kinds of flower teas and jasmin flavoured teas are rather popular...in fact....some are even good....
28.05.2008 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 28.05.2008 at 00:03

Written by Bad English on 27.05.2008 at 23:59

Jasmin tea belongs to the type of flower teas....our Chinese teacher said that in fact jasmin teas are pointless and usually suck...in restaurants jasmin tea is usually even served to clients free of charge but nobody usually even wants it...somehow in West all kinds of flower teas and jasmin flavoured teas are rather popular...in fact....some are even good....

But its much better like tea what tahy sold here in main shops
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2008 - 01:46
Ragana
Rawrcat
I love coffee, really. okay, it makes me sleepy.. but.
21.06.2008 - 16:54
Macedonia
Account deleted
Coffee is my favourite drink. I drink it since i was 13.And i drink it without sugar.

P.S This forum is great!!!
02.07.2008 - 21:58
Infurnace
I like tea better with my breakfast, but coffee is much better in the afternoon and evening.
02.07.2008 - 23:24
dehydration
Account deleted
I like tea without sugar, but I'm not fond of coffee.
03.07.2008 - 00:11
Lúinwë
I m addict to coffee and coffee with cognac
03.07.2008 - 00:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lúinwë on 03.07.2008 at 00:11

same here I usualy drink coffe mix whit alcohol in universaty where alcohol are forbidden, coffe whit whisky are good
----

apos;'
[image]
03.07.2008 - 14:00
Infurnace
Written by Bad English on 03.07.2008 at 00:14

same here I usualy drink coffe mix whit alcohol in universaty where alcohol are forbidden, coffe whit whisky are good

Sounds pretty good. I should try that as well.
03.07.2008 - 14:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infurnace on 03.07.2008 at 14:00

Written by Bad English on 03.07.2008 at 00:14

Sounds pretty good. I should try that as well.

do it man, but not in symmer
----

apos;'
[image]
05.07.2008 - 18:45
Kurzag
Account deleted
I just like my coffee black and hot. Without sugar or milk. Well, I drink cappucino sometimes. And yes I also drink tea. But coffee is more important, I'm addicted to it. Coffee is good in the mornings, after eating or just to relax with.

Think I will make a cup of some black and hot coffee right now.
12.07.2008 - 22:18
Candlemass
Defaeco
Black Turkish coffee...nothing better in the morning.
18.07.2008 - 19:03
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
My fav coffee is 'Caramel Macchiato'
Creamy mix of vanilla and freshly steamed milk with intense espresso,
topped with velvety foam and proprietary buttery caramel sauce.
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
18.07.2008 - 22:23
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Infurnace on 02.07.2008 at 21:58

I like tea better with my breakfast, but coffee is much better in the afternoon and evening.

yep, i agree.
coffee is GREAT at anytime except for breakfast. and i generally perefer coffee alot more than tea...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
18.07.2008 - 23:31
jizzlord
like a fox
I'm a big fan of tea and coffee.
When it comes to tea my ideal cup involves a brew of Assam tea with a bit of Lappsang Souchong thrown into the pot for good measure.
For coffee i usually get indonesian beans from the local roaster and use them with my moka or french press
----

20.07.2008 - 14:01
Deadgirl
I really love matcha. It's powdered green tea, they use it in Japanese tea ceremonies and it's sooooo good. It's very bitter, so they serve it with little sweets before called "wagashi" (they are ridiculously sweet) to sort of balance it out because the matcha is so bitter. It's also prepared kind of... oddly.
Of course everything in the tea ceremony is done ritualistically. With a chashaku (bamboo scooper thing), some tea is put into the bowl (chawan) and add some hot water, and then they use a chasen, which is like a bamboo whisk, to mix the tea. It ends up kind of frothy, and there's a certain way it's supposed to be mixed so you don't disturb it somehow, cause otherwise it doesn't look right..

And it's used to flavor all kinds of things, which is kind of cool. Stuff like ice cream (matcha ice cream = fucking delicious, by the way), cakes, candies, mochi (like a pounded glutinous rice cake), some kinds of wagashi, soba (buckwheat noodles), etc.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
02.11.2008 - 17:32
Ernis
狼獾
I tried it now....black tea...

No I ain't speaking of the ordinary tea sold in Europe and other places under the label of black tea which here in China is called RED tea instead...
I bought the true black post-fermented Pu'er tea....
It's nice...the taste is different from all the other colours of teas....it actually bears the taste of earth and soil...quite heavy taste but not repulsive...indeed very dark, strong and warm and never bitter...no matter how long you'd let it soak in the water....

To be honest, all teas in China never turn bitter when held in teapot for too long.....that's quality I guess....
02.11.2008 - 17:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Well...I'm not a fan of Coffe. I tried and tried but never liked it that much. Capuccino is awesome though.
And also Ice Coffe is quite nice.

But tea is my thing I think. I don't know so much about tea actually. But I like what I have at home. My mom has a indian tea that smells awesome.. like a chewing gum with a taste of apricots or something like that... simply amazing.

I also like my clasic tea... Earl Grey, clasic stuff that never gets old IMO
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.11.2008 - 18:35
Elio
Red Nightmare
I like coffee pretty much, with sugar obviously.
Naah, tea it's not for me, except cold tea in summer
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.11.2008 - 19:06
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Elio on 02.11.2008 at 18:35

In that case are you familiar with the Nestea ice tea commercial "Antonio! Fa caldo!"?
03.11.2008 - 04:39
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I mostly drink Herbal Teas. I like coffee okay, but it's nothing special to me. I mean, sure, maybe some Gourmet Coffee is good every once in a while, or even a good ol' fashioned cup brewed from the pot. But I like tea. Chamomile, Green, Ginsing (my favorite) Chai, Oolong, etc. I love it. Besides, they're REALLy fucking good for you.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.11.2008 - 04:46
Hrothdane
I love coffee AND tea. I mostly drink coffee, but I have been trying to drink more green tea as it is much better for my throat.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
03.11.2008 - 04:52
PsychoNerd
Yeah, if u look at the back of the can it has a recommended limit to how many to have a day, lol, drink too much and you can DIE...

Written by Ernis on 21.12.2007 at 22:44

Sure they do...simplest energy drinks have caffeine.
----
The computer Nerd
03.11.2008 - 14:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ernis on 02.11.2008 at 19:06

Written by Elio on 02.11.2008 at 18:35

In that case are you familiar with the Nestea ice tea commercial "Antonio! Fa caldo!"?

of course it's great!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.11.2008 - 21:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
between coffee and tea? hmmm... Hot Chocolate! honestly it's my favorite.

I like tea(i LOVE earl grey and STRONG BLACK tea, though my family hate black tea), i also like how coffee tastes(no sugar, maybe some cream), too bad i once got an allergic reaction from drinkng too much(400 ml in the morning) and that turned me off of it for a while.