Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

Original post

Posted by BitterCOld, 24.08.2011 - 20:00
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
26.06.2012 - 17:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Dunno if I've already asked this, but can there be a drop down under the "Bands" button up top that takes us straight to the suggestions?

Community Bands <- underneath this, when you hover over it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.06.2012 - 20:13
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 26.06.2012 at 19:54

Written by Boxcar Willy on 26.06.2012 at 17:34

Dunno if I've already asked this, but can there be a drop down under the "Bands" button up top that takes us straight to the suggestions?

Community Bands <- underneath this, when you hover over it.

I think that bar up there is designed the way it only shows the relevant things for the non-registered visitors. Registered people should find their way to the suggestion page. Its location is also a simple filter which blocks many of the most ridiculous suggestions.

Ah, that makes sense.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.07.2012 - 21:06
Lord TJ
Little organization idea.

I love black metal, I searched it under "forum" in the search bar and results varied from forum threads to lists to articles etc. I would like to see this organized, where forums would be organized by date in its own section, just like how in our profiles we have articles and blogs section, upcoming events section, etc.

No biggie either way, just thought it'd be a nice change to better keep up on some things.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
07.07.2012 - 07:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Lord TJ on 06.07.2012 at 21:06

We already have this option. When searching, just select the forum you want to search in by choosing from the drop-down menu.

Search "black metal" ---> In forum ---> Extreme metal forum

That will give you threads created in the extreme metal forum that consist of the words "black metal".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.07.2012 - 04:22
Lord TJ
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.07.2012 at 07:10

Written by Lord TJ on 06.07.2012 at 21:06

We already have this option. When searching, just select the forum you want to search in by choosing from the drop-down menu.

Search "black metal" ---> In forum ---> Extreme metal forum

That will give you threads created in the extreme metal forum that consist of the words "black metal".

I don't mean just threads, im talking about the main search bar at the top right. It gives you more than just forum thread topics. Im saying these should be sorted out from articles to thread topics and so on.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
28.07.2012 - 09:44
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Ivan, I suggest writing some script that will tick "use default line-up" for those albums that currently have line-up missing because in many cases, it will be the actual line-up. Or have you removed all the line-up with the purpose of letting users adding the correct line-up manually?
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.07.2012 - 15:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 28.07.2012 at 09:44
Ivan, I suggest writing some script that will tick "use default line-up" for those albums that currently have line-up missing because in many cases, it will be the actual line-up.

We already asked him to hide the line-ups by default because a great deal of them feature inaccuracies due to the way the year alignment works in the line-up/discography sections. You can edit an album manually and check the "show default line-up" if it's accurate.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.07.2012 - 15:56
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.07.2012 at 15:50

Written by K✞ulu on 28.07.2012 at 09:44
Ivan, I suggest writing some script that will tick "use default line-up" for those albums that currently have line-up missing because in many cases, it will be the actual line-up.

We already asked him to hide the line-ups by default because a great deal of them feature inaccuracies due to the way the year alignment works in the line-up/discography sections. You can edit an album manually and check the "show default line-up" if it's accurate.

Ok, then the answer to my question is "yes." Got it. This way we will prevent having things like two drummers or bassists on one album.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
10.08.2012 - 01:14
Oaken
Hipster
Why don't we start monthly contests where MS users have to compose a song (with the genres and such previously specified), upload it into the site and then other users listen to the tracks and vote for the one they like the best?
Example
DEATH METAL CONTEST
Users write songs based on the criteria (Death Metal, Must have solo, Must have drums, etc....) and send them to a specified staff member. The staff member choose the good ones and put them in a poll where MS voters can choose their favorite song. The user whose song gets the most votes wins.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
11.08.2012 - 10:35
§☼♪
How about best album arts tab? and we can rate the album arts to pick the best one?
14.08.2012 - 07:02
Edmund Fogg
Would it be complicated to allow users to intgrate the Bandcamp player of an album in the forum? Would be nice and it's a small player too.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
18.09.2012 - 17:34
Sangre Sani
I would like to see "Mark all posts as read" button in the forums.
19.09.2012 - 03:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Sangre Sani on 18.09.2012 at 17:34

I would like to see "Mark all posts as read" button in the forums.

we did use to have that in the older versions of MS. And I concure I wopuld also like to see that feature again.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.09.2012 - 09:17
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Id like to see he correct answeron the Metal Quiz, None of us know all genres or all songs and it would help eberyone with new tunes discovery in their own taste, its already fun it would make it that much better hoe it considered, now I shall tend to my Mead
19.09.2012 - 13:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Nighthowls on 19.09.2012 at 09:17

Id like to see he correct answeron the Metal Quiz

i think Ivan already stated in the original news post, that they dont plan showing the answers...but he also said they may reconsider...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.09.2012 - 22:55
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Written by Ellrohir on 19.09.2012 at 13:00

Written by Nighthowls on 19.09.2012 at 09:17

Id like to see he correct answeron the Metal Quiz

i think Ivan already stated in the original news post, that they dont plan showing the answers...but he also said they may reconsider...

I wonder why they wouldnt you know, hopefully they reconsider
19.09.2012 - 22:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ivan said it is because they dont want people get the answer on second account and then got the right answer on their main for hunting more points
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.09.2012 - 19:02
Fredd
Account deleted
Ivan said that when the number of questions in the Quiz reaches a certain point, they may consider showing answers.
23.09.2012 - 04:02
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I don't really care about knowing the correct answers because I agree with the point farming issue but I would like to have the option to see how many people have answered my submitted questions and if they got it wrong what did they answer with...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

23.09.2012 - 10:02
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by psykometal on 23.09.2012 at 04:02

I don't really care about knowing the correct answers because I agree with the point farming issue but I would like to have the option to see how many people have answered my submitted questions and if they got it wrong what did they answer with...

This.

Bingo! I was thinking the same and trust me it gonna be fun in letting know who answered my question correct on which I faltered. Well, if tracking the whole process goes concerned, honestly, I'll be the one who answered MAJORITY of wrong answers and as well as clicked thousand times on random questions to get AN EASY QUESTION.
23.09.2012 - 12:42
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by psykometal on 23.09.2012 at 04:02

Done - use the submenu on the quiz page to navigate to the list of questions you submitted or answered correctly. We don't keep track of incorrect answers though.
23.09.2012 - 18:38
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Ivan on 23.09.2012 at 12:42

Done - use the submenu on the quiz page to navigate to the list of questions you submitted or answered correctly. We don't keep track of incorrect answers though.

NICE! Thanx! Now if only we could see who failed to answer correctly and what was the answer they gave that failed; or at least what are the answers people are inputting that are wrong.
----

23.09.2012 - 18:40
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.09.2012 at 14:18

'My correct answers' is empty at the moment.

Mine too, but honestly I don't care about that section as much as my "My Submitted Questions". But I figured I'd comment for Ivan's sake.
----

23.09.2012 - 19:01
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.09.2012 at 18:57

I still don't like this idea of seeing 'who answered incorrectly'. Too much stalking spirit in it. If something then that collective set of wrong inputs, though Ivan said there's no such thing as the 'diary of incorrect quiz answers'. And there are answers which were made just to get rid of the question.

Yea, I know it's not possible. But I still think it would be kool to see what people are answering.

And I'm sure there are people that just put a random answer to get rid of the question but even for those you would probably be able to tell thats what the user did cuz it would probably be something like answering Iron Maiden to a Cannibal Corpse album cover..l
----

23.09.2012 - 19:44
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.09.2012 at 14:18

Written by Ivan on 23.09.2012 at 12:42

'My correct answers' is empty at the moment.

Eh, sorry - should be fixed now.
10.10.2012 - 23:48
Crucifux
Account deleted
Can there be a way to tell if someone else is already checking edits? It gets kind of weird when I'm in the middle of it, only to find out someone else accepted it before me (and vice versa).
17.10.2012 - 02:31
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
It would be cool if there was a way to "follow" lists, and recieve notifications when they are changed or updated. This should be seperate from thumbing it up though.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.10.2012 - 04:58
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 11.10.2012 at 00:05

I think flagging could also include locking the edit for an hour or so. This would secure, for example, for you the right amount of time to check the edits with good quality and without hurrying.

This would be awesome if we could use the Flag to lock an edit from being checked by other users. Good idea!
----

18.10.2012 - 15:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about max quote limit like 3-4 quotes and after it sythem dont let quote
I look CXanadian ms .. some 15 quotes its apin in ass to read
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.10.2012 - 15:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 18.10.2012 at 15:19

How about max quote limit like 3-4 quotes and after it sythem dont let quote
I look CXanadian ms .. some 15 quotes its apin in ass to read

there are forums, such as Zwaremetalen.nl, where when you quote a post only that post is shown in the quoted one and not any previous ones. And tbh that is much easier on the eyes than any quote train we see here.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996