Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

Original post

Posted by BitterCOld, 24.08.2011 - 20:00
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
18.10.2012 - 15:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.10.2012 at 15:22

Written by Bad English on 18.10.2012 at 15:19

How about max quote limit like 3-4 quotes and after it sythem dont let quote
I look CXanadian ms .. some 15 quotes its apin in ass to read

there are forums, such as Zwaremetalen.nl, where when you quote a post only that post is shown in the quoted one and not any previous ones. And tbh that is much easier on the eyes than any quote train we see here.

Some forums has 3 quotes max , after you need post new post to continue
Its hard to read it, I remeber we have much such posts in old forum 25 quotes IMO was record
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.10.2012 - 17:07
Fredd
Account deleted
It would be nice to include a "favorite (sub)genres" box on profile pages, beside favorite bands, albums and songs. To me it seems just as relevant.
02.11.2012 - 23:36
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Add 'like' button to thread posts, and all posts for that matter. Similar to the like button we have on lists.
----
03.11.2012 - 06:06
Edmund Fogg
Written by Nosurper on 02.11.2012 at 23:36

Add 'like' button to thread posts, and all posts for that matter. Similar to the like button we have on lists.

Thus attracting YT/FB quality comments?
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
03.11.2012 - 19:18
Lit.
Account deleted
Here's a crazy idea. For searching for bands or albums on the searchbar, how about an autocomplete feature like the one they have on Google. For instance type in the first few letters of a band/album/musician and get various seletions (Death = Death (USA), Napalm Death, Death Angel, Necrodeath, Deathwish) Could also be used as a spelling aid (trying to find the proper spelling for some of those really fancy band names is a pain in the ass).
04.11.2012 - 01:03
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Written by Edmund Fogg on 03.11.2012 at 06:06

Written by Nosurper on 02.11.2012 at 23:36

Thus attracting YT/FB quality comments?

I'm not sure it would attract a different audience. Metalstormers are metalstormers. But it would give a little benefit to people that post worthwhile comments. For example, in the "practice what you preach" thread, there are some intelligent comments over there that would be worth giving a noted . Hell, you could include too. It's not really an obnoxious addition.
----
04.11.2012 - 03:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 03.11.2012 at 19:18

Here's a crazy idea. For searching for bands or albums on the searchbar, how about an autocomplete feature like the one they have on Google. For instance type in the first few letters of a band/album/musician and get various seletions (Death = Death (USA), Napalm Death, Death Angel, Necrodeath, Deathwish) Could also be used as a spelling aid (trying to find the proper spelling for some of those really fancy band names is a pain in the ass).

Well I don't think I would do auto-complete, instead I would just add an additional filter option in the Featured bands page that allows for filtering by key words instead of just Style and Country; like MA used to have before they're recent appearance change that they made a year ago or so. Might be easier to add an additional filter than an auto-complete feature, but Idk for sure so this is just another potential idea for Ivan to consider in case either the auto-complete idea isn't so easy to implement or if Ivan just doesn't like the auto-complete idea.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

04.11.2012 - 17:05
Edmund Fogg
Written by Nosurper on 04.11.2012 at 01:03

I'm not sure it would attract a different audience. Metalstormers are metalstormers. But it would give a little benefit to people that post worthwhile comments. For example, in the "practice what you preach" thread, there are some intelligent comments over there that would be worth giving a noted . Hell, you could include too. It's not really an obnoxious addition.

You can do it yourself by quoting up or down a comment. But I think that having the actual button will attract more people commenting just for the "shock value and getting the most thumbs up. I guess it will all level on the long run, but I don't know if it's a risk I'd be willing to take.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
05.11.2012 - 09:17
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.10.2012 at 17:07

It would be nice to include a "favorite (sub)genres" box on profile pages, beside favorite bands, albums and songs. To me it seems just as relevant.

I'm just going to quote myself. Hoping that someone would notice.
08.11.2012 - 02:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 05.11.2012 at 09:17

Written by Guest on 27.10.2012 at 17:07

I'm just going to quote myself. Hoping that someone would notice.

I agree, that'd be nice, and easy to program in
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.11.2012 - 03:58
Lord TJ
I would really like an update that would enable the ability to filter out news by genre. I admin a page on facebook called "Black Metal Page" where I post funny stuff, music, you name it as long as its black metal. I would like to support this site and be able to link my fans with news connecting to metalstorm. The problem is having to save bands to my favorite band list for any news updates, or having to search for any black metal bands while scrolling through the news section which is tedious.

I'm not going to bitch and whine if this is turned down or ignored, ill just be disappointed to have to use some other website, but maybe this idea can be supportive for others on a broader basis? Would it be a lot to ask for a genre filter in the news section? Pretty please?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
07.12.2012 - 09:24
Athropos
Burning inside
Hi all,

I thought it would be cool to be able to go up to eleven when rating an album. Users would be able to give 11 to only one album ("If I was on a desert island with only one album..."). Of course, they could move that 11 to another album later on, but there would be only one 11 per user at a given moment in time. As for the average rating of an album, a 11 could simply be counted as a 10 to not screw up existing rankings.

I think that would be a nice reference to Spinal Tap for a website dedicated to metal.
08.12.2012 - 00:53
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Athropos on 07.12.2012 at 09:24

Hi all,

I thought it would be cool to be able to go up to eleven when rating an album. Users would be able to give 11 to only one album ("If I was on a desert island with only one album..."). Of course, they could move that 11 to another album later on, but there would be only one 11 per user at a given moment in time. As for the average rating of an album, a 11 could simply be counted as a 10 to not screw up existing rankings.

I think that would be a nice reference to Spinal Tap for a website dedicated to metal.

So we should go through all the programming and formatting just to make an overused joke?

Besides, 10's are meant for albums the are "perfect", they just get over used here.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.12.2012 - 02:21
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 08.12.2012 at 00:53

So we should go through all the programming and formatting just to make an overused joke?

Well I don't know how long something like that would actually take but I do agree on the "joke" part. I think that it might be a bit ridiculous to design an already abused facet of the site so that it pays homage to a parody band/movie that a lot of users probably don't know about or wouldn't understand the point of. I personally don't feel that Spinal Tap is a big enough cultural influence to warrant such an addition but since I'm not the site owner or programmer it's not up to me but this is my 2 cents about it...
----

08.12.2012 - 18:58
Athropos
Burning inside
Written by Boxcar Willy on 08.12.2012 at 00:53

Besides, 10's are meant for albums the are "perfect", they just get over used here.

Like you said, they're over used, hence the 11 which could be attributed only once. As for the reference to Spinal Tap, 11 could as well be named "All-time favorite". The reference to the movie was just an idea of how this could be integrated into the current rating system.

And I don't consider the time and efforts required a valid argument, otherwise there's no point in an "Ideas and Suggestions" topic. This could be integrated as well using an "all-time favorite" button on album pages. The all-time favorite album of a user could simply appear on top of his votes.
12.12.2012 - 22:04
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I would to see rating dynamics for every album after reaching, say, 20 votes.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
15.12.2012 - 13:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about Pinned news be seperate whit orinary news
If there is such
PINNED NEWS
news title
NEWS
news 1

and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2012 - 17:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Bad English on 15.12.2012 at 13:49

If there is such
PINNED NEWS
news title
NEWS
news 1

and so on

It is separate. It stays pinned at the top of the News section on the home page.
----

15.12.2012 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 15.12.2012 at 17:41

Written by Bad English on 15.12.2012 at 13:49

If there is such
PINNED NEWS
news title
NEWS
news 1

and so on

It is separate. It stays pinned at the top of the News section on the home page.

in that cas ecreiate 2 news...i look at 1th post and I thought there is no new news , since pinned alwyas are on the top
----

apos;'
[image]
16.12.2012 - 20:23
Lord TJ
Id like to be able to sort news by genre...
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
26.12.2012 - 00:53
Sangre Sani
It just came to me... It would be cool if MS had a mobile app (for Android). I don't know what would be the purpose (same features as on the website, I suppose; upcoming albums, gigs, news etc.), but there aren't any real metalhead apps in market. We could be first.
What's your opinion?
26.12.2012 - 07:18
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Sangre Sani on 26.12.2012 at 00:53

It just came to me... It would be cool if MS had a mobile app (for Android). I don't know what would be the purpose (same features as on the website, I suppose; upcoming albums, gigs, news etc.), but there aren't any real metalhead apps in market. We could be first.
What's your opinion?

We've already discussed this among Staff and it has been determined unnecessary as we would need to dev [and constantly maintain through updates] an app for Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows to cover all major smartphones. So instead for sake of ease we are looking into dev'ing a mobile version of the site.
----

26.12.2012 - 19:40
Sangre Sani
Written by psykometal on 26.12.2012 at 07:18

Written by Sangre Sani on 26.12.2012 at 00:53

What's your opinion?

We've already discussed this among Staff and it has been determined unnecessary as we would need to dev [and constantly maintain through updates] an app for Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows to cover all major smartphones. So instead for sake of ease we are looking into dev'ing a mobile version of the site.

Great idea. Can't wait to see it.
27.12.2012 - 09:26
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I know it will sound smelling horseshit, utterly gross and fucking rubbish but still....

Can we come up with Metal Storm Mag?
27.12.2012 - 23:36
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.12.2012 at 09:26

I know it will sound smelling horseshit, utterly gross and fucking rubbish but still....

Can we come up with Metal Storm Mag?

No point. We are a WEBZINE, and with how much News and Publications get entered from month to month that would be entirely too much headache to figure out what parts should be included in in each issue of a magazine. Even then all the stuff in every issue would be like a month behind.
----

29.12.2012 - 16:30
Sangre Sani
Ok, I'm back with my shitty mobile ideas... What about Tapatalk? Can we make this forum available on Tapatalk?
29.12.2012 - 17:48
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Sangre Sani on 29.12.2012 at 16:30

Ok, I'm back with my shitty mobile ideas... What about Tapatalk? Can we make this forum available on Tapatalk?

I personally have no clue what the hell Tapatalk is...lol
----

29.12.2012 - 18:39
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by psykometal on 29.12.2012 at 17:48

Written by Sangre Sani on 29.12.2012 at 16:30

I personally have no clue what the hell Tapatalk is...lol

Hope you will get a clue from this.

Click here.
29.12.2012 - 23:22
Sangre Sani
Well, the app makes browsing through the forum on mobile device very comfortable. It has it's own lite interface, so using the forum on the device is much faster (it doesn't load unnecesary things etc.).
The rest informations can be found in the link provided by Cynic Metalhead.
01.01.2013 - 05:33
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Sheesh! How many freakin' names are you gona go through in a day dude?!

I feel the current image size is fine. What I would prefer instead of a larger image is to make the image enlarge in a pop out like on MA; it makes me cringe to say those words "like on MA" but a good idea is still a good idea...
----