Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

Original post

Posted by BitterCOld, 24.08.2011 - 20:00
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
17.01.2013 - 21:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.01.2013 at 19:03

Metal Storm's Favourite Band Picture would be fun.

not because MS band pics are changing and I like old ones from early days anyway
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2013 - 21:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.01.2013 at 21:34

Written by Bad English on 17.01.2013 at 21:28

not because MS band pics are changing and I like old ones from early days anyway

It wouldn't be like that, I don't mean the headers. Just great pictures/promo shots from different decades. Pretty much just like the Metal Storm's Favourite Album Art 'battle'.

could be fun
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2013 - 20:03
Edmund Fogg
I guess integrating the Bandcamp player is too much to ask for. If not in the Forum, could we add a small player on the side of the album in the Zine when avalaible?
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
21.01.2013 - 18:59
chaosscizzors
Account deleted
It would be cool if this site could get data from my last.fm account and give me updates based on what bands i have listed there. seeing as how i have over 400 bands i'd like to keep up with, it's a huge pain to update my profile here manually... i know it's not that hard to fetch data from last.fm, all you have to do is integrate it with your updates script.

just in case i'm not being clear, i mean this.
21.01.2013 - 21:48
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 21.01.2013 at 18:59

It would be cool if this site could get data from my last.fm account and give me updates based on what bands i have listed there. seeing as how i have over 400 bands i'd like to keep up with, it's a huge pain to update my profile here manually... i know it's not that hard to fetch data from last.fm, all you have to do is integrate it with your updates script.

just in case i'm not being clear, i mean this.

That's what Updates are for. You go to the band's profile here on MS and click + Updates at the top of their profile and they will be added to your updates list so that you get Notifications when News, Videos and Albums gets posted about them here on MS.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

22.01.2013 - 00:18
chaosscizzors
Account deleted
Quote:
That's what Updates are for. You go to the band's profile here on MS and click + Updates at the top of their profile and they will be added to your updates list so that you get Notifications when News, Videos and Albums gets posted about them here on MS.

i wasn't aware. still, adding updates based on my last.fm library would be a really sweet option and not outside of the realm of impossible. besides, going thru each band's page systematically is not any better than what i've been doing up until now; adding them to my list of favorite bands on my profile. in fact, that would likely be more difficult and time consuming to do instead.
11.02.2013 - 00:28
Patrick.
Would have been really cool to sort through the New Releases/Upcoming Releases by genre and styles. Someone should really make this happen! It would be so much easier and organized!
11.02.2013 - 02:59
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Patrick. on 11.02.2013 at 00:28

Would have been really cool to sort through the New Releases/Upcoming Releases by genre and styles. Someone should really make this happen! It would be so much easier and organized!

That is pretty good idea.
----

11.02.2013 - 03:38
Patrick.
Written by psykometal on 11.02.2013 at 02:59

Written by Patrick. on 11.02.2013 at 00:28

That is pretty good idea.

Oh, thanks! May I ask, are you one of the chosen few who can make this happen?
11.02.2013 - 03:47
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Patrick. on 11.02.2013 at 03:38

Nope, unfortunately I know fuckall about webpage coding. But I have run it up the ladder.
----

11.02.2013 - 04:10
Patrick.
Written by psykometal on 11.02.2013 at 03:47

Written by Patrick. on 11.02.2013 at 03:38

Nope, unfortunately I know fuckall about webpage coding. But I have run it up the ladder.

That's great!
23.03.2013 - 14:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about we can also whe report forum report
there is option in each post ''report post''
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2013 - 18:45
R Lewis
It may be a stupid idea, but: it's really necessary, in the reviews, the "Production" tick box? I mean, in these years, when even the poorest band can afford great recording instrumentation (don't know if I'm using the right word ), is there really the need to rate it?
Except for a few rare albums (see Baz's reviews for Helloween's 7 Sinners and for Wintersun's Time I), the 98 percent of the reviews I see have 9 in production, just 'cause no one is accustomed to give 10.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
29.03.2013 - 19:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about add pyskometal in bottom where are all members
like pyskometal - band stuff
and some user who deals whit forum reports
old days there was wratchild - moderating

it will be easyer to find a person in suchway

Contacts

Ivan - Programming and design
D.T. Metal - Reviews, interviews, press matters
Baz Anderson - Promotion, ads and partnerships
BloodTears - News
----

apos;'
[image]
29.03.2013 - 19:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about when user mark band to ''be visible'' and staf decide do it he/she get notification
same when soemboedy mark to delite somebody, he gets not about if it has delited or has not been delited?
----

apos;'
[image]
30.03.2013 - 00:14
Sangre Sani
Please, please, please install Tapatalk on forum.
30.03.2013 - 15:35
PocketMetal
Every year we get surprised by the amount of "never seen before" albums getting nominated for the metal storm awards , I wish there was a way to get people to know them before the awards happen ... I mean if you get to know a nomination-worthy album earlier in the year , why not share it with everyone sooner ?
( I know some of them are staff picks or reviewed , but still too many of them are unknown )
30.03.2013 - 15:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by PocketMetal on 30.03.2013 at 15:35

Every year we get surprised by the amount of "never seen before" albums getting nominated for the metal storm awards , I wish there was a way to get people to know them before the awards happen ... I mean if you get to know a nomination-worthy album earlier in the year , why not share it with everyone sooner ?
( I know some of them are staff picks or reviewed , but still too many of them are unknown )

dont worry djent, power,prog and rest is not even worth to give a try .... but funny how I do know all doom, bm, th , hm , hr albums

well if you want to know, read a revievs from staff members 80% of albums are revived IMO ,
----

apos;'
[image]
30.03.2013 - 17:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by PocketMetal on 30.03.2013 at 15:35

The problem there is we don't start picking the nomination til January the following year, that's why the Awards are in February. There is NO way we could possibly give you guys a heads up like "Hey everybody this album right here that was released this month (March) is going to be an MSA nom come next February!"

Best thing you can do is just make sure you check out all the Staff reviews and Staff picks, even then it's no guarantee because sometimes albums do show up in the MSAs that weren't Reviewed or Picked but it's still a good idea. The only other recommendations I can suggest is if you know of any Staff or Elites that you have a common musical taste with then occasionally visit our profile page(s) and look to see what albums we have recently added to our collections and I would also recommend trolling the New Album Recommendations 2013 thread periodically and keep an out for phrases/comments like "possible MSA material right here" or "this is *AOTY material here", etc..

*AOTY = Album Of The Year
----

14.04.2013 - 19:52
D.T. Metal
Staff
Written by Bad English on 29.03.2013 at 19:02

Contacts

BloodTears - News

Ivan put up a "useful links" section on the bottom now! And just an FYI - Baz Anderson is no longer the promo dude; hasn't been for a while.
Those of you who fiddle in the database know exactly who to contact and the user who has Q's about the band stuff can find Pysko's info in the "About us" tab under "For requests to add your band into our database please check HERE."

Since a lot of people do the moderating, the need to put a single person down as a moderator is no longer there.

Adapt to the changes - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
14.04.2013 - 19:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by D.T. Metal on 14.04.2013 at 19:52

Written by Bad English on 29.03.2013 at 19:02

Contacts

BloodTears - News

Ivor put up a "useful links" section on the bottom now! And just an FYI - Baz Anderson is no longer the promo dude; hasn't been for a while.
Those of you who fiddle in the database know exactly who to contact and the user who has Q's about the band stuff can find Pysko's info in the "About us" tab under "For requests to add your band into our database please check HERE."

Since a lot of people do the moderating, the need to put a single person down as a moderator is no longer there.

Adapt to the changes - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

I see, well I only contact whit Pysko and BloodTear in site ishue, because news and addits is what I submit , do etc , I dont write reviesvs
But now it looks better and easyer
----

apos;'
[image]
21.04.2013 - 15:02
R Lewis
Is there really the need to wait 90 days for a guest review to be written, after the release of an album? I mean, it can have sense if a Staff member is already writing a review for that album, but I find it pretty useless for albums which are not in the queue. While the writer waits, time goes by and interest lowers.
----
21.04.2013 - 17:28
D.T. Metal
Staff
Written by R Lewis on 21.04.2013 at 15:02

Is there really the need to wait 90 days for a guest review to be written, after the release of an album? I mean, it can have sense if a Staff member is already writing a review for that album, but I find it pretty useless for albums which are not in the queue. While the writer waits, time goes by and interest lowers.

If there is an album you feel strongly about, PM me
25.04.2013 - 10:37
R Lewis
I'll repost an old question which didn't receive any answer:
It may be a stupid idea, but: it's really necessary, in the reviews, the "Production" tick box? I mean, in these years, when even the poorest band can afford great recording instrumentation (don't know if I'm using the right word ), is there really the need to rate it?
Except for a few rare albums (see Baz's reviews for Helloween's 7 Sinners and for Wintersun's Time I), the 98 percent of the reviews I see have 9 in production, just 'cause no one is accustomed to give 10.
Wouldn't be useful to substitute "Production" with "Accessibility" (meant as "easiness to get into")?
----
27.04.2013 - 17:45
Kintu
Folk You!
I don't know if this has been suggested before but, could it be possible to have a rating system with not only integer numbers?
I mean something like 10, 9.9, 9.8, ... and so on.

With the actual system there's a lot of difference between the different options to vote. I might not feel like an album deserves a 10, but a 9 seems too low.

Also, I think the MS Awards should have some kind of effect to the albums winners.
There could be a badge or a link, on an album description, showing that the album was on the top three of a given category.

EDIT: About the MS Awards thing, I've seen there's a link on the album winners. The second and third positions could have something similar.
27.04.2013 - 19:32
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by R Lewis on 25.04.2013 at 10:37

I'll repost an old question which didn't receive any answer:
Wouldn't be useful to substitute "Production" with "Accessibility" (meant as "easiness to get into")?

Are you talking about staff reviews or guest reviews? If you mean for your own guest reviews, you don't have to rate every category. Leave it blank if you like!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
27.04.2013 - 19:59
R Lewis
Written by Susan on 27.04.2013 at 19:32

Are you talking about staff reviews or guest reviews? If you mean for your own guest reviews, you don't have to rate every category. Leave it blank if you like!

I was talking 'bout both I just find it useless, but probably it's just me...
----
28.04.2013 - 21:06
Sangre Sani
Bumping my Tapatalk support request. I work as a graphic designer in Poland and I'm fuckin' bored at work. I need to browse and post on MetalStorm via Tapatalk on smarphone. It's 200% more comfortable than via web browser.
01.05.2013 - 00:30
D.T. Metal
Staff
Written by Sangre Sani on 28.04.2013 at 21:06

Bumping my Tapatalk support request. I work as a graphic designer in Poland and I'm fuckin' bored at work. I need to browse and post on MetalStorm via Tapatalk on smarphone. It's 200% more comfortable than via web browser.

Sorry to hear that you are bored at work, but kudos that you prioritize and browse MS during that time. Unfortunately Tapatalk is not in the cards for the foreseeable future. If it becomes available we will make a post about it. Sorry dude.
01.05.2013 - 14:47
Sangre Sani
Written by D.T. Metal on 01.05.2013 at 00:30

Written by Sangre Sani on 28.04.2013 at 21:06

Sorry to hear that you are bored at work, but kudos that you prioritize and browse MS during that time. Unfortunately Tapatalk is not in the cards for the foreseeable future. If it becomes available we will make a post about it. Sorry dude.

Why isn't it available? Is the engine of the forum different from supported ones?