Metal Storm logo
You know you're a metalhead when...

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 13.10.2006 - 23:38
Well, lately I've been thinking about what does you make you a metalhead.
Listening to the music? going to concerts? dressing metal clothes? some attitude?

I don't know if I can consider myself a metalhead because I do listen to a lot of bands of different genres: Gothic, Folk, Power, Symphonic, Industrial, Atmospheric, Doom, Black, Progressive and Gothenburg. But, I don't dress metal clothes, I listen to many other kinds of music, I've never been in a metal concert... So, just being a metal expert makes you a metalhead?
What do you think?
15.12.2008 - 10:40
combaticus12
Account deleted
You know you're a metal head when you start replacing normally timid lyrics from random radio rock with pig squeals
16.12.2008 - 21:11
necrovamp
You know your a metalhead when you find out your head is made from almighty true steel! - IM sorry i couldan't resist it!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
16.12.2008 - 21:30
TheBigRossowski
Written by benvolent on 03.12.2008 at 23:40

Well, when I read the Metal Hammer on the metro the surrounding people probably think, that I'm forced to do it, because I write some sort of work about it. And when I appear on a metal-concert in jeans and a poloshirt I kind of feel the strange looks. And when I go to courses on the next day in my new acquired metal-shirt people get confused...

But I love metal - can't live without it!

Ah, I could do without the Queens of the Stone Age, man I do that on purpose now, just to throw people off. Its always the same 'uniformity', but the thing is I love wearing my tanker boots (and spurs). But for Enslaved, I took off in Vans and my white 'A Forest Of Stars' shirt. Everyone looked at me strange, including Enslaved! Well... Audrey Horne, they looked pretty gay, so they didn't seem to mind a white shirt. That AND I'm torn between my re-united skating life. So what if I wear 'Emericas' and a fuck Funeral Mist shirt?

Which brings me to my point: you know you're a metalhead when you KNOW you're a metalhead. Its not too important for me if anyone cares why I have on Vans, I KNOW that I probably listen to harder music than most of those fucking goldbrickers.

However, sometimes image is important to represent something. You can't be singing praise Satan, burn churches, stab everyone to death when you have a Pink American Eagle T-Shirt.

...pyroleprechaun!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
16.12.2008 - 23:54
benvolent
Written by TheBigRossowski on 16.12.2008 at 21:30

Which brings me to my point: you know you're a metalhead when you KNOW you're a metalhead.

I definitely agree on that - actually I wanted to write something like that at first, but I prefered my post being short. Because of this feeling, I usually represent metal, where it is not or little represented: among friends, in family... And there, where metal lives anyway - on concerts and on festivals - I am just myself and enjoy the strange looks. Honestly, I hate the thought to represent something, 'uniformity'.

And burn down churches? ...nah!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
17.12.2008 - 11:03
TheBigRossowski
Written by benvolent on 16.12.2008 at 23:54

Which brings me to my point: you know you're a metalhead when you KNOW you're a metalhead.

I definitely agree on that - actually I wanted to write something like that at first, but I prefered my post being short. Because of this feeling, I usually represent metal, where it is not or little represented: among friends, in family... And there, where metal lives anyway - on concerts and on festivals - I am just myself and enjoy the strange looks. Honestly, I hate the thought to represent something, 'uniformity'.

Well...actually....I meant 'Nativity Scene'. The little things everyone puts in front of their Satanicmas Trees with Jesus, Mary, Joseph, etc..

YEAH! You know you're a metalhead when you can burn a plastic JESUS figurine!
----
17.12.2008 - 23:55
bierdukhelmsplit
Account deleted
...at least a third of your sentences contain the word metal.
...you understand that Iron Maiden=god.
...you can name every member of Black Sabbath ever including the Heaven and Hell spin-off.
...you've named at least three of your children Ronnie James Dio, Bruce Dickinson, or Ozzy Osbourne.
[edit] Oh yeah, and I discovered I was a metalhead when I noticed that when I point with my left hand, I toss up metal fingers. It's kinda weird.
18.12.2008 - 00:08
benvolent
Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.12.2008 at 11:03

Well...actually....I meant 'Nativity Scene'. The little things everyone puts in front of their Satanicmas Trees with Jesus, Mary, Joseph, etc..

Hm, are you trying to mock at me?! Well, maybe you're right, I won't even burn a plastic Jesus figurine - that's too hard for me. And I can't stand the smell...
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
18.12.2008 - 00:13
bard
-When you listen to Nile and Necrophagist when trying to fall asleep.
-When you sing along to music without words...
-When you excitedly show your friends your new favorite songs only to have them tell you it sounds like noise and people saying 'suffer'...and you like it.
-When you can't seem to leave your house without people calling you Jesus.
-When you can't last two minutes listening to people rock out to non-metal without wanting to burn something.
----
18.12.2008 - 13:31
TheBigRossowski
Written by benvolent on 18.12.2008 at 00:08

Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.12.2008 at 11:03

Hm, are you trying to mock at me?! Well, maybe you're right, I won't even burn a plastic Jesus figurine - that's too hard for me. And I can't stand the smell...

Not really, I'm just messing around. You're right though...the smell of plastic burning is totally UNMETAL. I got a pretty good laugh out of the 'metal' in Dethklok. They have some guy inspecting their house. Goes something like this:

Guy: Are you telling me that bodies of YOUR employees clogging up sewage is METAL?!
Nathan: Yeah...yeah, that's actually pretty metal.
Guy: Well, I...guess you're right, that is PRETTY metal.
----
18.12.2008 - 15:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by bard on 18.12.2008 at 00:13

-When you can't seem to leave your house without people calling you Jesus.

Oh man.. that maked me laugh hard
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.12.2008 - 20:07
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
What about this: By lookin at the sky at night, you find it full of shining Pentagrams.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
18.12.2008 - 21:46
Bleak
Account deleted
When you break someones bones just cuz he said something bad about your fav. Band
24.12.2008 - 09:47
Punisher
Account deleted
I think that you can consider yourself for a metalhead when your feelings towards metal in general (not only music) are similar to those of love <3
31.12.2008 - 18:45
In Bone Factory
You aint a metalhead unless you imagine yourself on stage performing great songs for audiences and doing at least three different types of headbanging.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
08.01.2009 - 19:09
Slayer666
Written by necrovamp on 16.12.2008 at 21:11

You know your a metalhead when you find out your head is made from almighty true steel! - IM sorry i couldan't resist it!

That's taking the phrase "metalhead" a bit too literaly....
08.01.2009 - 21:21
Kasper
Written by bard on 18.12.2008 at 00:13

-When you can't last two minutes listening to people rock out to non-metal without wanting to burn something.

Actually felt like that several times. I have some friends who will raise their fists in the air with devilhorns and headbang to some kind of soft pop when they hear it. I don't know if it's just me being closeminded onto how people want to express their feelings for their music, but.. erh, kinda boiled my blood into black orcish blod.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
08.01.2009 - 21:28
Coté
Wen you listen to it while whashing the dishes xD
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
11.01.2009 - 05:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Coté on 08.01.2009 at 21:28

Wen you listen to it while whashing the dishes xD

Or do housework in general.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.01.2009 - 14:33
Piro
Personally, I cannot imagine household chores without music. I usually listen to something I can headbang to (Aeon is great for this!). Though I've been told it looks absolutely hilarious when I'm vacuuming and trying to headbang while the stereo is maxed out.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
11.01.2009 - 14:34
Coté
Hehehe, that'd be nice to see
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
11.01.2009 - 17:26
ForeverDarkWoods
There are three stages of housework IMO:

1. Find a good metal album.
2. Find some way to play it really loud.
3. Listen to the album.
4. Do the housework while listenong to the album.
OR
Just listen to the album and do the housework tomorrow.

As a result of this, I don't get a lot of housework done at all.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
11.01.2009 - 23:39
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Whenever I do housework I always finish before the album really gets into itself. Its kind of annoying.
----
Coldgrits
12.01.2009 - 02:16
Piro
You must not have a lot to do then haha. It generally takes me from 1-2 1/2 hours to finish.

But. at least I don't have your problem in this case haha.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
12.01.2009 - 04:18
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I listen to metal all day when I'm working in the warehouse...I'm usually the only one in there so I put it into the stereo and crank it all throughout the day...the ppl in the office are used to it by now they don't care...
13.01.2009 - 22:43
Saitenhexerin
Written by Guest on 24.12.2008 at 09:47

I think that you can consider yourself for a metalhead when your feelings towards metal in general (not only music) are similar to those of love <3

I completely agree with you, brother!!!! Trve^^
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
14.01.2009 - 19:48
zeppelin
Account deleted
..when you post in a forum along with 37 dudes and only 2 chicks:lol:
14.01.2009 - 19:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
You know you're a metalhead when people ask you "metal has colors now?" when you say you listen to black metal.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.01.2009 - 02:44
Punisher
Account deleted
Oh yeah, I listen metal even during a shower
16.01.2009 - 05:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 02:44

Oh yeah, I listen metal even during a shower

How do you do that? A stereo in the bathroom? What I want is some sort of stereo in my shower that is waterproof...
16.01.2009 - 05:32
Punisher
Account deleted
Yup, I have a small radio with cd player, and I cover it with towel.