Metal Storm logo
You know you're a metalhead when...

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 13.10.2006 - 23:38
Well, lately I've been thinking about what does you make you a metalhead.
Listening to the music? going to concerts? dressing metal clothes? some attitude?

I don't know if I can consider myself a metalhead because I do listen to a lot of bands of different genres: Gothic, Folk, Power, Symphonic, Industrial, Atmospheric, Doom, Black, Progressive and Gothenburg. But, I don't dress metal clothes, I listen to many other kinds of music, I've never been in a metal concert... So, just being a metal expert makes you a metalhead?
What do you think?
16.01.2009 - 05:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 05:03

How do you do that? A stereo in the bathroom? What I want is some sort of stereo in my shower that is waterproof...

waterproof stereos are sick as fuuuck. though hooking up subs to them is a tad bit impractical, nay a bit dangerous.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.01.2009 - 02:22
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I do play metal in te shower, but in my cellphone. I put it outside the shower.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.01.2009 - 07:41
Samuel
Hamster wheel
You know you are metal when you listen to Desecrion

www.myspace.com/desecrion
22.01.2009 - 16:14
Ragana
Rawrcat
Nope, you're a real metalhead when you like Chemistry. m/
22.01.2009 - 16:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ragana on 22.01.2009 at 16:14

Nope, you're a real metalhead when you like Chemistry. m/

I'm so damn un-metal then
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.01.2009 - 16:44
Ragana
Rawrcat
Too bad for you. You should change your attitude immediately.
22.01.2009 - 18:42
MadGatsu
Written by Ragana on 22.01.2009 at 16:44

You like Moonspell o/ Re-known escandinavian metal m/ ^^ *is proud*
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
22.01.2009 - 18:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ragana on 22.01.2009 at 16:44

Pfff...I think Physics is waaay more KVLTer than Chemistry.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.01.2009 - 19:27
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hmm, Physics.. well I could put Physics with death metal and Chemistry with black. Happy now? And Math as thrash, dunno why. But still, the point was that you have to like Chemistry if you wanna be a real metalhead.

Written by MadGatsu on 22.01.2009 at 18:42

Well yeah, they're my favourite.
22.01.2009 - 23:19
MadGatsu
Written by Ragana on 22.01.2009 at 19:27

Hmm, Physics.. well I could put Physics with death metal and Chemistry with black. Happy now? And Math as thrash, dunno why. But still, the point was that you have to like Chemistry if you wanna be a real metalhead.

Written by MadGatsu on 22.01.2009 at 18:42

Well yeah, they're my favourite.

How about computer science? :/ Techno? Rap? yuck
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
22.01.2009 - 23:42
Ragana
Rawrcat
Teh dark electro/harsh EBM. Or industrial metal, yep.
04.02.2009 - 01:17
Iudicium_86
Account deleted
When you have a spike bed, torches for lighting, a Dethphone, you print black ink on black paper, the full anime collections of Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic, and play Metal Gear Solid and Metal Slug daily. Also when you have your ring and middle fingers surgically removed so you are always displaying the Sign of the Horns!
04.02.2009 - 01:43
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Guest on 04.02.2009 at 01:17
[..] you print black ink on black paper [..]

That's a sign of dumbness, not metal.
04.02.2009 - 02:05
Iudicium_86
Account deleted
Written by Ragana on 04.02.2009 at 01:43

[..] you print black ink on black paper [..]

That's a sign of dumbness, not metal.

I was going for a more of a 'brutal' comedic tone with that black ink on black paper joke. Using the term brutal in its Metalocalypse form, meaning anything 'not cool'. Dumbness included.

"That's brutal!" ~ Nathan Explosion
04.02.2009 - 02:28
Ragana
Rawrcat
I know, there's no need to repeat it. You didn't take it personally, did you?
04.02.2009 - 11:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast

When you have a spike bed, torches for lighting, a Dethphone, you print black ink on black paper, the full anime collections of Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic, and play Metal Gear Solid and Metal Slug daily. Also when you have your ring and middle fingers surgically removed so you are always displaying the Sign of the Horns!

...you always have too much iron in your blood, and you're a smith. oh yeah and you have this for toilet paper

04.02.2009 - 12:05
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 05:03

Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 02:44

Oh yeah, I listen metal even during a shower

How do you do that? A stereo in the bathroom? What I want is some sort of stereo in my shower that is waterproof...

it's very easy: play your music with the stereo you have in your room, but play it LOUD!!! that's what i do!!! and never take a shower late at night or early in the morning cause you'll have problems with your neighbours!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
05.02.2009 - 00:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Deadmeat: Yeah, that works because I do that same thing when I shower...
@Valentin B: Ow! You wouldn't have any ass, spinkter, or anus left after you grate your shit away hahah...
05.02.2009 - 16:10
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ahaha Valentin, so are you a metalhead?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
06.02.2009 - 16:59
xguitaristgirlx
Account deleted
Written by Norm on 03.12.2008 at 21:18

Written by Daggon on 03.12.2008 at 06:22

You know you're a metalhead when you get angry because someone claiming to love metal pronounces a metal band name in the wrong way.

And hey, you know you're a metalhead when you know you love Metal more than your girlfriend!

Hm, ..........it's a toss up for me regarding metal and the girlfriend, i hope i never have to choose between the two!

Ha... What about Metal Vs. Boyfriend?

Hmm,
04.05.2009 - 14:34
Rosaka
You know that you're a metalhead when you realize the brilliance of metal. And when you start headbanging subconsciously.
04.05.2009 - 17:44
TormentoR.
Written by Rosaka on 04.05.2009 at 14:34

You know that you're a metalhead when you realize the brilliance of metal. And when you start headbanging subconsciously.

Yep!

and ill just add something

you know that you re a metalhead when you re headbanging while you are in toilet takin' a shit
thats an important fact

: D : D : D : D
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
04.05.2009 - 18:00
TheOwl
You know that you re a metalhead even when after so many years, you still get the same (if not more) excitement when listening to the same classic tunes like 20+ years ago!
05.05.2009 - 12:14
Rosaka
Written by TormentoR. on 04.05.2009 at 17:44

Written by Rosaka on 04.05.2009 at 14:34

Yep!

and ill just add something

you know that you re a metalhead when you re headbanging while you are in toilet takin' a shit
thats an important fact

: D : D : D : D

Oh! Yeah, I nearly forgot that one! :'DD
07.07.2009 - 06:30
L..
When I listened and enjoyed Immortall 6 years ago.
----
Viva aquele que se presta a esta ocupação
Salve o compositor popular
Salve o compositor popular.
07.07.2009 - 10:03
chrisjoel
When you are driving and your going from one pieco of shit radio starion to the next just because thats what your fingers happen to be doing at the moment,
and
you cant find one, NOT one, piece of music that you can stomach ..you reach for a METAL cd whilst cursing the fucking local stations for playing crap over and over and over...ending with fucking mother fuckers why cant they play THIS!....

thats when you crank up RAMMSTIEN or perhaps some AMON AMARTH which should always be on hand in case of just such an emergency.

I would love to know if how much radio play do metal bands actual get in other countries?

Here in Canada ive never heard much metal other than the acceptable Iron Maiden Run to the Hills or System of a Down, OFFSPRING, and the obligatory ACDC and classics like Zepplin....ect ect.....BUT never ever any DOOM or Gothic, Melodic black metal .ect ect.....nothing at all of course ..as the market is already cornered...

And frankly I know im a metal head when everyone else is listening to Nickelback or 3days grace and i want to smash THAT bitch and play ROTTING CHRIST or RAMMSTEIN!
08.07.2009 - 18:11
Khaldi
I'm not metalhead ... i ancient aryan solgier
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
09.07.2009 - 05:03
Biedrik
You know you're a metalhead if you headbang while you have sex.

And of course, you've got metal playing on your stereo while you're having sex, right?
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
11.07.2009 - 02:57
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I guess for when I started learning technical death metal solos and hum them note for note. Nerdy and weird to the outside, but very fun for me, especially when I haven't got any music on me.

Also when you sing death vocals to pop songs
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
11.07.2009 - 17:45
ironfiststew
Account deleted
Written by Ragana on 22.01.2009 at 19:27

Hmm, Physics.. well I could put Physics with death metal and Chemistry with black. Happy now?

AGREED. physics is def. dm.