Metal Storm logo
Marriage?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 09.03.2007 - 02:05
Marriage.

This simple word means so many things. Here is wikipedia's definition of marriage :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

But I am sure that all of you have your own definition of it, and it may differ much. And it would be interesting to hear everything that could be said about marriage. There is as many opinions and things to say about it as there are different forms of marriage, including poligamy .. gay marriage .. etc ..

This idea about creating a poll about it only came to my mind today, for two reasons (I am going to reveal a bit of my private life, but i dont really mind.) :

-Today, my mother came back from a trip, and the first thing she and my father did when she entered the flat was to start an arguement. My parents have been UNhappily married for 19 years, and they started hating each other when my little brother was born, which means 6 years after their marriage. They are staying together for him not to be disturbed too much (he is just 13), some.. "accidents" have already upset him in the past.

-I have just read a paragraph by Nietzsche in his amazing book The Dawn : paragraph 150. I have tried to translate it from french into english... (Sorry for the poor translation ... ) :

"It should not be allowed, when you are in love, to have such a decision, which involves and determines for good, under the power of some violent caprice ( I should stop butchering Nietzsche's work and Shakespear's language...), the nature of the society where we are living in : we should publicly claim worthless the lovers' oath and vows and prevent them from getting married : and this because we should consider it more seriously ! as, in the cases when people got married, it shouldnt have been been decided to get married ! Arent most of marriages such as the precense of a witness is not preferable ? However, there always is a witness _ it is the child _ and he is more than a witness, and I mean, a scapegoat !"

If anyone understands french, i could add the french version here... at least it would be correct .

Well, as you could have noticed in the lines bellow, i have a really bad opinion bout marriage. I think people cant love each other all their life. It is human, we need to evolve and meet new people, have different sex partners. And im not even talking about those extreme cases.. when people are forced to marry someone they dont know/like because of some religious believes or other social strictness..etc etc..To conclude, in my opinion, marriage is a burden a man or a women should not carry. In love or not.

Feel free to talk, and please, give arguments .

Poll

Are you with or against marriage ?

With
Against

Total votes: 92
22.03.2007 - 01:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sekhmet on 22.03.2007 at 01:21

We're getting faaaaaaaaar away from marriage here

@K7 : you may have had a point in medieval times but now we've got birth control which makes the problem of children quite unsignificant here. Of course accidents may happen... Anyway from the religious point of view you're right, I hadn't noticed you were talking about religion :

Well I was thinking about my FcXXXXg live today so actualy I do it almsout ewery day ................

I know but still marieage shood be bassed on love, no methers whitch times are nowdays, apst future, whatever, and also it shod eb absed on trust, and lil' respect,
It there are no those thinks mearieagge gonna end soon and I donty understand such kind of meariagge, and also its hard to talk about it, ebcause I dont like it, hope I wont be meariaed
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.03.2007 - 01:39
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I know but still marieage shood be bassed on love, no methers whitch times are nowdays, apst future, whatever, and also it shod eb absed on trust, and lil' respect,
It there are no those thinks mearieagge gonna end soon and I donty understand such kind of meariagge, and also its hard to talk about it, ebcause I dont like it, hope I wont be meariaed

Of course you're right read my posts again

And when I wrote "experiment sex with the other person", I wasn't talking about "experimental sex" (sounds quite perverse ) but about having experienced sexual relations with this person, simply to try and see if you're getting along (dunno how to express it) well enough, because if your partner proves him/herself "sexually disappointing" after the wedding this won't be a happily ever after ending as we all want for a marriage.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
22.03.2007 - 01:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sekhmet on 22.03.2007 at 01:39

Of course you're right read my posts again

Sorry Im almoust I sleep 3-5 hours and now my head roling and voices inside talking

Birth control what is that

about child it shood be born if bout parenst want, not accidfentaly, parents shood want child and moust important think what tahy shood give him are love, otherwise better he die, or he/she will live unhapy life
Well IMO biggest crime are dont ask to child if he wants be born or dont want, but ist out of topic,

Ok raeligion well If soemthing hepen whit my brains i will go an dbe ortodox monk in Greece, Aremania, or georgia thay can grow hair and had beard
----

apos;'
[image]
22.03.2007 - 02:00
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Birth control is the word to describe methods to avoid the child conception while having sex; like condoms, birth control pills and so on... This way only "wanted children" are born (except for accidents of course).
Would you be allowed to get married if you became an orthodox monk? (trying to get back on topic )
----
22.03.2007 - 02:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sekhmet on 22.03.2007 at 02:00

Birth control is the word to describe methods to avoid the child conception while having sex; like condoms, birth control pills and so on... This way only "wanted children" are born (except for accidents of course).
Would you be allowed to get married if you became an orthodox monk? (trying to get back on topic )

Ok I see BTW in Marc Dorcel movie was soemthing about birt contol too, in begining of movie, but in french

Nop monk cant be alowed to be meariage thay live in monostery, but I dunno about ortodox and monks , but preachers can be family

But still mearigge is not joke, its not like choose wines or CD, dont like this I take that
----

apos;'
[image]
22.03.2007 - 02:47
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 16.03.2007 at 22:54

Written by Dark Stalker on 14.03.2007 at 17:07

I'm with , but now marriage is useless . Nobody wants to have children and divorces are very easy .

I want to have children! It must be wonderful!

If you're serious it surprise me to know someone young is interesed in having children. But. Marriage doesn't have to mean children. It's simply a way of confirming love, a way of saying "I'm sure of what I feel, I want to spend teh rest of my life with your because I love you". I may sound extremely romantic, maybe because I am, haha.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.03.2007 - 15:11
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Written by Bad English on 22.03.2007 at 02:25

But still mearigge is not joke, its not like choose wines or CD, dont like this I take that

I love this comparison
----
22.03.2007 - 20:19
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Sekhmet on 22.03.2007 at 15:11

Written by Bad English on 22.03.2007 at 02:25

I love this comparison

Somewhere he doesn't have twists. When you see a marriage in Las Vegas where it is made in it go fast against some dollars openly one is not far from the cd. I'm on that they make similar for the marriage, the normal, special and limited edition

Marriage yes if it is to give more sense, commitment to the relation (or really in the limit for a financial interest, , hey yes needs to think of skinflints ).

But if it is to make a trick free style, so much stay like that, what what doesn't prevent from being also happy
24.03.2007 - 20:18
Basso
Account deleted
I dont see anything wrong with marriage, people have been doing it since ancient times, celebrating the unification of man and woman. But I dont see it as a must or anything, thoose that want to should thoose that doesnt want to , shouldnt simple as that. If you actually feel you can live all your life with another person that is...
26.03.2007 - 05:15
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 22.03.2007 at 02:47

Written by Guest on 16.03.2007 at 22:54

Written by Dark Stalker on 14.03.2007 at 17:07

I'm with , but now marriage is useless . Nobody wants to have children and divorces are very easy .

I want to have children! It must be wonderful!

If you're serious it surprise me to know someone young is interesed in having children. But. Marriage doesn't have to mean children. It's simply a way of confirming love, a way of saying "I'm sure of what I feel, I want to spend teh rest of my life with your because I love you". I may sound extremely romantic, maybe because I am, haha.

I'm serious! I love kids! And Im damn sure that I want to my genes continue through the time! My dream is to have a peaceful life with a good family.. A great woman and two kids, maybe one male and one female, it would be nice!
26.03.2007 - 10:12
FTW
Account deleted
im too fucked up to be married and start a family, im not necessarly against it but I sure as hell believe that it isnt for anyone. You have to be very sure of what you're doing and make sure that the person your marrying is the person that is in your future, nobody wants to go through divorce, its so long and exhausting, too much paperwork and you end up losing half of what you own.
27.03.2007 - 05:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 26.03.2007 at 05:15

I'm serious! I love kids! And I'm damn sure that I want to my genes continue through the time! My dream is to have a peaceful life with a good family... A great woman and two kids, maybe one male and one female, it would be nice!

Dude, I never thought I'd hear(?) that from someone so young. The kids part of course. I don't like kids much if they're not part ofm my family... But i agree with you it would be nice, a great woman as you say, but no kids... I'm not too fond of them... I'd like to get married, and the most probable thing is that I will, like most of us.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

27.03.2007 - 22:41
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
@+{Cat Eyes}+: I think I born to be a father! hehehehe! I had my first nephew when I was 8 and I was raised pretty close to her and that situation made me think: "Wow! How wonderful is to have a kid!". Now I have 3 nephews and 2 of them are living in Italy and I just miss them so much! I really like to take care of kids and to play with them! And I can't see why people don't want to have kids anymore...
30.03.2007 - 02:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 17.03.2007 at 02:37

what the hell kind of thread is this?

You read my mind. And im surprised anyone posts in this thread considering Metalstorm is dominated by males.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.03.2007 - 13:00
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 30.03.2007 at 02:27

You read my mind. And im surprised anyone posts in this thread considering Metalstorm is dominated by males.

Males cant marry?
30.03.2007 - 16:32
SilentScream
Blasphemer
To quote Soren Kierkegaard :

If you marry, you will regret it; if you do not marry, you will also regret it; if you marry or do not marry, you will regret both; whether you marry or do not marry, you will regret both.

Sorry, I read that yesterday and I just had to plug it here.

I am pro-marriage, and why not? If I find someone who is worth the shot then I can only find some good in marriage.
31.03.2007 - 02:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 30.03.2007 at 13:00

Males cant marry?

not that, its just that i barely know any male who discusses marriage seriously until there actually staring down the barrell of that gun.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.03.2007 - 03:14
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 31.03.2007 at 02:39

not that, its just that i barely know any male who discusses marriage seriously until there actually staring down the barrell of that gun.

Good point, I have never thought of it before
01.04.2007 - 03:29
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by SilentScream on 30.03.2007 at 16:32

To quote Soren Kierkegaard :

If you marry, you will regret it; if you do not marry, you will also regret it; if you marry or do not marry, you will regret both; whether you marry or do not marry, you will regret both.

Sorry, I read that yesterday and I just had to plug it here.

I am pro-marriage, and why not? If I find someone who is worth the shot then I can only find some good in marriage.

What the hell happened to my post!?

Edit : ahhh, I get it
03.04.2007 - 04:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
Definetely for, but not until 25, for me of cause, I know one girl I wanted to marry but she told me, after three years of relation that I am scarring her with thoughts like that, and I don't lame her, haha... but I blame her for kicking me haha, seriously why not, if you love your partner why wouldn't you get marryied, it have many advanteges like social and discounts in supermarket, and you can buy dog and staff,and go to picnics, of cause you can do that even with your mom or girlfriend but it is probably not the same
Not to mention watching favorite series on TV... enough, I am really for marriage but sometimes it is better good relation than lousie marriage and divorce, just look at the divorse taxes... so only if you really like your partner more than anything, than I would go into marriage...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.04.2007 - 11:25
Reborn Nemesis
For marriage... of course, only the ones that come out of love, not for any other motives (like money, unwanted pregnancy, etc.)
I think that comes naturally to most of humans when they're ready. Humans are social beings so it's normal that they live in a comunity (family) or want to...

As for me, i definitely want to get married one day (although it's too early to be thinking about that), but i want to be really sure that that marriage will last, I don't wanna rush into it & be sorry later
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
05.04.2007 - 12:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Reborn Nemesis on 05.04.2007 at 11:25

For marriage... of course, only the ones that come out of love, not for any other motives (like money, unwanted pregnancy, etc.)
I think that comes naturally to most of humans when they're ready. Humans are social beings so it's normal that they live in a comunity (family) or want to...

As for me, i definitely want to get married one day (although it's too early to be thinking about that), but i want to be really sure that that marriage will last, I don't wanna rush into it & be sorry later

I agree meraigge shood be based on love, only love, but it isnt, and such thinks i see around me ewery day
about getting meriagged, no I dont wanna be meriagged, never, ist not for me, ist like better kill me
Iron Maiden in 'Fear Of The Dark' sings 'Im man who walks alone'

Ps blue ppl from capital can be anoying sometimes
----

apos;'
[image]
05.04.2007 - 13:11
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Bad English on 05.04.2007 at 12:57

Written by Reborn Nemesis on 05.04.2007 at 11:25

I agree meraigge shood be based on love, only love, but it isnt, and such thinks i see around me ewery day
about getting meriagged, no I dont wanna be meriagged, never, ist not for me, ist like better kill me
Iron Maiden in 'Fear Of The Dark' sings 'Im man who walks alone'

Ps blue ppl from capital can be anoying sometimes

Kariasakis dude, you always have theory of conspiracy
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.04.2007 - 03:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 27.03.2007 at 22:41

@+{Cat Eyes}+: I think I born to be a father! hehehehe! I had my first nephew when I was 8 and I was raised pretty close to her and that situation made me think: "Wow! How wonderful is to have a kid!". Now I have 3 nephews and 2 of them are living in Italy and I just miss them so much! I really like to take care of kids and to play with them! And I can't see why people don't want to have kids anymore...

First I apologise for the belated answer dude. I hadn't checked this forum in awhile

I see now the why, you're quite accustomed to kids and you certainly love them. I don't have the chance to have a nephew because I'm only son and my parent's couldn't have any more kids after me.

Many people (myself included) Don't want to have kids because we have enough overpopulation already. Also because having a kid implies a lot of responsibility and having a kid means that you must now focus everything around the kid. That's why many chose to have kids after they have ended university studies and have a stable job, because having a kid in our ages would totally destroy our chances in life.

I don't want to have any kids, because I'm not too fond of themn, and I'd prefer to enjoy my life with my wife. I know may couples that marry and choose not having kids and tell me it's the best decision they could have ever taken, because they can do many thingfs that a kid... let's say... doesn't allow to do, or limits to do, like for example going to party till early in the morning (Babysitter are expensive), or travel without anoying othe rpeople because of the kid's cries or something... Or to develop their careers, because in a"professional marriage" where both are professional, a kid implies that one of them would have to quit the job, the career, the professional dream, in order to take care of the child. So when I think of all those things that a child would stop me from doing... I say "no kids for me, no sir".
----

16.04.2007 - 20:42
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
@+{Cat Eyes}+: That is ok, I hadn't checked this forum for awhile too.. Because of the university. hehehe!

Some of the reasons why I hate capitalism so much is because thys system destroys the family! People now put their jobs in a place more elevated than their families and I personally don't like it. I think that family and friends are the most important things in life. Professional career? Money? I don't care about those things. I prefer a nice woman and some crazy kids... hehehehe! I think that I will find a woman that works and earn money and I will take care of the family and write my books.. hehehehe!
23.04.2007 - 03:56
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 16.04.2007 at 20:42

@+{Cat Eyes}+: That is ok, I hadn't checked this forum for awhile too.. Because of the university. hehehe!

Some of the reasons why I hate capitalism so much is because thys system destroys the family! People now put their jobs in a place more elevated than their families and I personally don't like it. I think that family and friends are the most important things in life. Professional career? Money? I don't care about those things. I prefer a nice woman and some crazy kids... hehehehe! I think that I will find a woman that works and earn money and I will take care of the family and write my books.. hehehehe!

Well, I respect that partner. I don't put career in a higher place than love or family. They must be in balance. But since I'm not being very lucky (Not at all would be the correct term) in love, I'll focus on my career. If you really want to have kids and a great wife, I really hope you will get them, and will be happy. I do wish you the best of luck in that
----

25.04.2007 - 02:44
Ein
Account deleted
Sylvia Plath explained marriage well in her book, "The Bell Jar." She said something along the lines of marriage being like a brand new floor mat. At first it's fine and dandy but over time it gets trampled on and whatnot and just becomes a huge mess and that once clean bright and beautiful floor mat, now dull dirty and unpretty. I thought it was an interesting view on marriage but overall, as of right now, I'm not really for it. I've seen the "unpretty-ness" of marriage through personal experiences and honestly, right now, I'm not really for it.
26.04.2007 - 16:19
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
I got "married" last year. My girl was from another city (just 100 km away) and came to my city to study. At first she was going to live in my apartment where I lived with my mother, but it didn't work out. My mother is a complete lunatic and she does some things I really don't agree with, so we had to leave. Got ourselves a small apartment downtown in which we're living now. I receive alimony from my deceased father, so I won't have to worry about working at least until I finish uni and she receives some money from her parents as well for food and transport. I can't deny we got lucky, because if I depended on my mother we'd have to find some shitty job and we wouldn't be able to live well. Either way I say it's quite an experience. I love it. As soon as I get the money I'll buy us marriage rings and as soon as the alimony ends (at 21 or 24), we'll get married on paper.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my experience. I'll write more some other time. Now I gotta hurry.
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
26.04.2007 - 20:08
MadGatsu
Written by Guest on 30.03.2007 at 13:00

Males cant marry?

Ditto. im a male and i have no problem thinking about marrying someone i love. Girls really understimate men.
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
12.05.2007 - 00:35
Carrion
Account deleted
Nah, why not just live with your loved one. Marriage just means papers and an eventual divorce for me.