Metal Storm logo
Marriage?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 09.03.2007 - 02:05
Marriage.

This simple word means so many things. Here is wikipedia's definition of marriage :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

But I am sure that all of you have your own definition of it, and it may differ much. And it would be interesting to hear everything that could be said about marriage. There is as many opinions and things to say about it as there are different forms of marriage, including poligamy .. gay marriage .. etc ..

This idea about creating a poll about it only came to my mind today, for two reasons (I am going to reveal a bit of my private life, but i dont really mind.) :

-Today, my mother came back from a trip, and the first thing she and my father did when she entered the flat was to start an arguement. My parents have been UNhappily married for 19 years, and they started hating each other when my little brother was born, which means 6 years after their marriage. They are staying together for him not to be disturbed too much (he is just 13), some.. "accidents" have already upset him in the past.

-I have just read a paragraph by Nietzsche in his amazing book The Dawn : paragraph 150. I have tried to translate it from french into english... (Sorry for the poor translation ... ) :

"It should not be allowed, when you are in love, to have such a decision, which involves and determines for good, under the power of some violent caprice ( I should stop butchering Nietzsche's work and Shakespear's language...), the nature of the society where we are living in : we should publicly claim worthless the lovers' oath and vows and prevent them from getting married : and this because we should consider it more seriously ! as, in the cases when people got married, it shouldnt have been been decided to get married ! Arent most of marriages such as the precense of a witness is not preferable ? However, there always is a witness _ it is the child _ and he is more than a witness, and I mean, a scapegoat !"

If anyone understands french, i could add the french version here... at least it would be correct .

Well, as you could have noticed in the lines bellow, i have a really bad opinion bout marriage. I think people cant love each other all their life. It is human, we need to evolve and meet new people, have different sex partners. And im not even talking about those extreme cases.. when people are forced to marry someone they dont know/like because of some religious believes or other social strictness..etc etc..To conclude, in my opinion, marriage is a burden a man or a women should not carry. In love or not.

Feel free to talk, and please, give arguments .

Poll

Are you with or against marriage ?

With
Against

Total votes: 92
13.05.2007 - 09:37
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I plan to get married, i have found the girl i was looking for, i wont get married now, but down the road, im positive it will happen. I want that dream of having my own property, wife, kids (later on). Marriage is a nice way to signify your together, if you arent married, and unsure how much your partner loves you, what future can you plan? They may leave one day, marriage confirms love (usually), and you can plan your life. Its nice when you both know the answer, like me and my girlfriend.
15.05.2007 - 17:48
Lord TJ
I voted with. I dont see why you would want to be against marriage, plus I dont think I need to explain why I went with it.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
15.05.2007 - 17:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Lord TJ on 15.05.2007 at 17:48

I voted with. I dont see why you would want to be against marriage, plus I dont think I need to explain why I went with it.

You're already married at 17? That's pretty early, isn't it?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.05.2007 - 17:58
Lord TJ
Haha no.

If I wasnt married then should I have voted against?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
15.05.2007 - 18:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Lord TJ on 15.05.2007 at 17:58

Haha no.

If I wasnt married then should I have voted against?

No no, that's not what I saying.

It was the last part of your post.

..why I went with it..

But now I understand you mean you went with the choice you made. And not marriage itself. I misunderstood.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.05.2007 - 03:02
Deus Ex Machina
Not that i'm against it,i'm not.
But the thought of the act itself scares the living daylights out of me.
But i'm sure that'll change in a couple of years' time.It probably does with everybody..well..most people anyway.

Though i always find it odd when people get married at 18 or 19.I can never fully understand that,i mean..i know everybody is different.But then i think of myself and what's in my head as a 19 year old and then i hear some chick i used to know just got married.Makes me confused.I don't understand how anyone would want to do that so early.It's just asking for a disaster.
I'm not saying it has to end up badly but there's a pretty good chance it will.It doesn't happen that often that such young people get married but when it does i always get shocked.Like wtf were you thinking?
I just don't think it's normal to do that.Even if it isn't a rushed thing and you've known each other your whole life and are in love...what's the harm in waiting a couple of years more?You could be saving yourself from an ugly divorce.
I just..don't approve of rushing into it when you're still young.It's kind of a big deal.Maybe you'll want something completely different in a year.Blah...people should just...wait instead of getting divorced left and right,screwing up their kids.
It annoys me
16.05.2007 - 11:12
MadGatsu
Written by Deus Ex Machina on 16.05.2007 at 03:02

Not that i'm against it,i'm not.
But the thought of the act itself scares the living daylights out of me.
But i'm sure that'll change in a couple of years' time.It probably does with everybody..well..most people anyway.

Though i always find it odd when people get married at 18 or 19.I can never fully understand that,i mean..i know everybody is different.But then i think of myself and what's in my head as a 19 year old and then i hear some chick i used to know just got married.Makes me confused.I don't understand how anyone would want to do that so early.It's just asking for a disaster.
I'm not saying it has to end up badly but there's a pretty good chance it will.It doesn't happen that often that such young people get married but when it does i always get shocked.Like wtf were you thinking?
I just don't think it's normal to do that.Even if it isn't a rushed thing and you've known each other your whole life and are in love...what's the harm in waiting a couple of years more?You could be saving yourself from an ugly divorce.
I just..don't approve of rushing into it when you're still young.It's kind of a big deal.Maybe you'll want something completely different in a year.Blah...people should just...wait instead of getting divorced left and right,screwing up their kids.
It annoys me

I agree with you when you say getting married at 18 or 19 is too soon. Well chances of success are still 50-50 ;P Either they marry and "live happily ever after", or they dont Either way, its everyone's own choice. I dont really pay attention to that myself. As for me, when it happens, it happens. Although i probably wont get married before 30 :p I can hardly find a girl right now to date even lol
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
21.05.2007 - 03:00
iaberis
Advice Troll
I'm with the marriage idea, from as long as I have memories. From little kid I'm having this dream of marriage, so let me tell you my ideal marriage...:

"I'm around the age of 30, athletic body, I'm rich, I have a blond but smart bimbo with large breasts for wife and a nice sport car... Of course kids are in the plan too... Hehe"

Yeah, that's the ideal wedding for me

Of course I'm not sure if I'll ever achieve it but, I'd be full with less. I've also gained a great experience, watching everyday my parents marriage, something like the situation ..HumanError.. is living, so I don't think I'll do the same mistake my parents did... After all it's better for a kid to live in separated family, than in a family of parents that threat each other...
----
Bitch! Please
10.07.2007 - 04:10
Oracle
Orcinus
I'm With Marriage. i feel that if you love someone you should be able to get married. if theres no love in a relationship then i dont think you should get married. i mean some countries have arranged marriages but thats their culture. One day me and my bf, Matt, would like to get married because we love each other and i know that hes the one i want to spend my life with. I love my boyfriend very very much
10.07.2007 - 12:47
SteelScream
Account deleted
Ok, why should ANYONE be against marriage ?
I voted for it! Go marriage
10.07.2007 - 13:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 10.07.2007 at 04:10

I'm With Marriage. i feel that if you love someone you should be able to get married. if theres no love in a relationship then i dont think you should get married. i mean some countries have arranged marriages but thats their culture. One day me and my bf, Matt, would like to get married because we love each other and i know that hes the one i want to spend my life with. I love my boyfriend very very much

I hope I get invantion to mearige ceremeny

I agree but if lov is rear and IMO mearige shood be for all life, no devroce only death, like it was in old days and cristianic realigion
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.07.2007 - 15:21
Oracle
Orcinus
@Kariaskis7 - well Matt and I wont be getting married for ages yet. but yes you will get an invitation to our wedding

Marriage shouldnt happen if you dont love the person. I know that Matt and I will be together forever because it feels right and we love each other lots.
10.07.2007 - 17:45
MadGatsu
Written by Oracle on 10.07.2007 at 15:21

@Kariaskis7 - well Matt and I wont be getting married for ages yet. but yes you will get an invitation to our wedding

Marriage shouldnt happen if you dont love the person. I know that Matt and I will be together forever because it feels right and we love each other lots.

Things can go from 0 to 100, or vice versa, in a very short amount of time, if you know what i mean Hope things keep going well though
----
11.07.2007 - 02:26
Oracle
Orcinus
@MadGatsu - I know. My bf and I met on MS and he lived in sydney and i lived in another town which was 6 hours away from him. we started going out 21st of september 2006 and in January he moved up here. everything is going great for us
11.07.2007 - 02:34
Cassandra
Account deleted
Marriage is just fine, as long as its not done for the wrong reasons, or done while young and impulsive.
11.07.2007 - 15:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.07.2007 at 02:34

Marriage is just fine, as long as its not done for the wrong reasons, or done while young and impulsive.

Young ppl always do meariage for wrong reasons, meriage are for 30 and + years old
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 01:27
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Im really surprised I didnt know that metalheads were so conservative! Damn I serious thought that I was the only one here who stll believes in marriage.

@k7: I disagree, I think that some young people can still see if they are getting married for something thing really, or for just lust. my parents got married at the age of 20 and 22 and they are still togeather until this date. Yeah things have changed, but I also plan to get married at a young age.
----
13.07.2007 - 02:08
Nemesis-Divina
Account deleted
Hmmm I voted with, I believe if two people really love each other and want to prove their committed to each other or whatever then fair enough, their choice.

But I have to say that there is a wrong and a right time for a marriage, it seems that a lot of young people seem to get married and maybe a little too early, because I hear and see a lot of people getting married but then getting cheated on or whatever and it all gets all messy.

My sister in laws, sister married someone, even had a baby but then just recently her husband had told her that he's gay and he's been a complete numbnut towards her... now that's messed up.

Also if young couples get divorced and have children this can effect their children in some ways, some of which could be un noticed.

If I am going to get married I don't want to jump into it, sure it is a lovely thing to do, but I don't want to fuck up my life, but then people do things and think things may not fuck up but it does anyway and well, shit happens.

Can't be arsed to ramble on rather tired.
13.07.2007 - 10:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by 4look4rd on 13.07.2007 at 01:27

Im really surprised I didnt know that metalheads were so conservative! Damn I serious thought that I was the only one here who stll believes in marriage.

@k7: I disagree, I think that some young people can still see if they are getting married for something thing really, or for just lust. my parents got married at the age of 20 and 22 and they are still togeather until this date. Yeah things have changed, but I also plan to get married at a young age.

But it was long ago man and nowdays i know almoust 90% ppl who hyas meariaged in young age leither devorced because are tired of each other, IMO ppl shood not mearige but if wanna thay can keep realationships but not meriage, its be problems leither

My parents get meariged in young age fuck knows why and devorced when I was dont remeber how old I was but young, so
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2007 - 09:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I didn't believe in marriage until I met a girl that changed my world forever... cliché as it sounds, I would like her to be the mother of my children and my "wife". She's just perfect, a beautiful blonde that at the same time is the best person and lover I had ever met... probably the devil is just tempting me to let me afterwards desolated and longing for the end.
14.07.2007 - 13:18
MadGatsu
Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 09:35

I didn't believe in marriage until I met a girl that changed my world forever... cliché as it sounds, I would like her to be the mother of my children and my "wife". She's just perfect, a beautiful blonde that at the same time is the best person and lover I had ever met... probably the devil is just tempting me to let me afterwards desolated and longing for the end.

Whack her! lol jk mate
----
14.07.2007 - 13:37
Sunioj
Marriage...
I believe people should have the right to make choices like this, but IMHO I never want to get married because I want to be free.

Either way...
I have a friend who is 17...she is going to marry someone who is almost 30 when she finishes high school. I respect her decision...but I dont at the same time...shes an idiot, they are both flat broke and they cant support themselves...they live in differrent countries and whats worse she said that God is also calling her to get married to this twat. I cant imagine a setting worse for wanting to get married, sure she has the right to that decisiion but it seems so lifeless to me. I mean this is a time in her life she can have fun and do what she wants, instead she wants to committ to god and marriage.

I used to respect the guy too, I used to live with him...after 6 months of living with him I never hated the guy more. But my sister made a smart comment...since they never lived with each other ( them being religious ) they dont know what it would be like to do so until they get married...with this opinion expressed it seems even more apparent to me that this marriage is not going to work at all...I can only hope for the sake of my friend to either learn from her mistake and move on, or for her to live happily ever after...but thats just wishful thinking. All I can do is sit and watch her ruin her life and theres nothing I can do. Not me, her friends, or even her parents.
14.07.2007 - 16:19
MadGatsu
Written by Sunioj on 14.07.2007 at 13:37

Marriage...
I believe people should have the right to make choices like this, but IMHO I never want to get married because I want to be free.

Either way...
I have a friend who is 17...she is going to marry someone who is almost 30 when she finishes high school. I respect her decision...but I dont at the same time...shes an idiot, they are both flat broke and they cant support themselves...they live in differrent countries and whats worse she said that God is also calling her to get married to this twat. I cant imagine a setting worse for wanting to get married, sure she has the right to that decisiion but it seems so lifeless to me. I mean this is a time in her life she can have fun and do what she wants, instead she wants to committ to god and marriage.

I used to respect the guy too, I used to live with him...after 6 months of living with him I never hated the guy more. But my sister made a smart comment...since they never lived with each other ( them being religious ) they dont know what it would be like to do so until they get married...with this opinion expressed it seems even more apparent to me that this marriage is not going to work at all...I can only hope for the sake of my friend to either learn from her mistake and move on, or for her to live happily ever after...but thats just wishful thinking. All I can do is sit and watch her ruin her life and theres nothing I can do. Not me, her friends, or even her parents.

People learn better with their own mistakes. Let her do her mistake. She wont necessarly ruin her life.
----
14.07.2007 - 16:42
Sunioj
I agree with you....Imo I think people like this are a waste of human life. Anyways, my main theme was that I dont think people should make the decision to get married at such a young age...feelings strain and they change as you are going thru highschool. Your priorities become differrent and the type of lifestyle you are after might be completely differrent when you finish high school then when you had entered it in the first place.

It also depends on the person too though...I also know alot people that married early and they have a really healthy relationship...but some people dont learn at all, one of my alcoholic friends has promised to quit drinking last year and what happenned? She became engaged to a felon/methhead...so much for change...
16.07.2007 - 16:46
Cah
Well, i am in favor of marriage as long as it involves love from both sides.
I hope one day i will get married with someone i really love. I think thats something unique in our lives and should not be commonly used...
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
04.09.2007 - 03:24
Ellie
Account deleted
I think the reason why everyone is voting for marriage is because we are all afraid of ending up alone. I am too to some extent of course. I mean I voted for marriage for that reason. But my mind logically feels that the only reason why I would get married would be if my spouse and I wanted to have children. That might sound kind of stupid..but really it's only a legal thing and I would just want my child to be raised by the same people. If my spouse didn't want children then I might stay with him until I die for all I know..but I probably wouldn't get married. Of course my feelings on this might change as I get older..but this is just how I feel.
07.09.2007 - 00:17
Bash'
:)
I am with marriage, I'd like to have my family living peacfully, and all that.. we travel together we have fun together we study together, or their mom study with them "together" I won't really mind

And I will care of course about the quality of their mom, as it meant to be for once a lifetime, then she must be my perfect and we -as we all agree- must love each others to the bone...

And ahh.. about age? well actually & personally, about myself, I don't care about the difference in age, and I am only to find "The One", if I found her in a month or 10 years it won't be the deal, my deal is to find the girl I need always to be mine..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
07.09.2007 - 00:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bash' on 07.09.2007 at 00:17

I am with marriage, I'd like to have my family living peacfully, and all that.. we travel together we have fun together we study together, or their mom study with them "together" I won't really mind

And I will care of course about the quality of their mom, as it meant to be for once a lifetime, then she must be my perfect and we -as we all agree- must love each others to the bone...

And ahh.. about age? well actually & personally, about myself, I don't care about the difference in age, and I am only to find "The One", if I found her in a month or 10 years it won't be the deal, my deal is to find the girl I need always to be mine..

In ordan you get 4 wife sor only one sorry fod that quasten, but Im curius
----

apos;'
[image]
07.09.2007 - 00:42
Bash'
:)
Written by Bad English on 07.09.2007 at 00:38

Man are you serious? I mean, is this what you (or others) do think about people in here?
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
07.09.2007 - 00:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bash' on 07.09.2007 at 00:42

Written by Bad English on 07.09.2007 at 00:38

Man are you serious? I mean, is this what you (or others) do think about people in here?

But muslims are alowed had 4 wifes, but I dont think nothing bad man , and it I didnt mean it like something bad, but I just ask, but forget about it
Mediterainian ppl and nations are brothers
----

apos;'
[image]