Metal Storm logo
Marriage?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 09.03.2007 - 02:05
Marriage.

This simple word means so many things. Here is wikipedia's definition of marriage :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

But I am sure that all of you have your own definition of it, and it may differ much. And it would be interesting to hear everything that could be said about marriage. There is as many opinions and things to say about it as there are different forms of marriage, including poligamy .. gay marriage .. etc ..

This idea about creating a poll about it only came to my mind today, for two reasons (I am going to reveal a bit of my private life, but i dont really mind.) :

-Today, my mother came back from a trip, and the first thing she and my father did when she entered the flat was to start an arguement. My parents have been UNhappily married for 19 years, and they started hating each other when my little brother was born, which means 6 years after their marriage. They are staying together for him not to be disturbed too much (he is just 13), some.. "accidents" have already upset him in the past.

-I have just read a paragraph by Nietzsche in his amazing book The Dawn : paragraph 150. I have tried to translate it from french into english... (Sorry for the poor translation ... ) :

"It should not be allowed, when you are in love, to have such a decision, which involves and determines for good, under the power of some violent caprice ( I should stop butchering Nietzsche's work and Shakespear's language...), the nature of the society where we are living in : we should publicly claim worthless the lovers' oath and vows and prevent them from getting married : and this because we should consider it more seriously ! as, in the cases when people got married, it shouldnt have been been decided to get married ! Arent most of marriages such as the precense of a witness is not preferable ? However, there always is a witness _ it is the child _ and he is more than a witness, and I mean, a scapegoat !"

If anyone understands french, i could add the french version here... at least it would be correct .

Well, as you could have noticed in the lines bellow, i have a really bad opinion bout marriage. I think people cant love each other all their life. It is human, we need to evolve and meet new people, have different sex partners. And im not even talking about those extreme cases.. when people are forced to marry someone they dont know/like because of some religious believes or other social strictness..etc etc..To conclude, in my opinion, marriage is a burden a man or a women should not carry. In love or not.

Feel free to talk, and please, give arguments .

Poll

Are you with or against marriage ?

With
Against

Total votes: 92
17.04.2008 - 00:21
owl
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 16.04.2008 at 21:47

Hwo old are you, BTW?
30. Yeah, yeah, time to get going, I know... I'm working on it.
----
17.04.2008 - 00:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by owl on 17.04.2008 at 00:21

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 16.04.2008 at 21:47

Hwo old are you, BTW?
30. Yeah, yeah, time to get going, I know... I'm working on it.

30... hmmm.. the interesting age as we say here...
I thought you were more or less 25.
I never said something about "time to get going."
I personally think teh 30s are teh perfect age to get married.
You can have fun and do stuff in the 20s
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.04.2008 - 02:27
owl
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 17.04.2008 at 00:44

I know, it's me who's saying it , because it's what I hear people saying around me, all the time. No pressure, though.
----
17.04.2008 - 15:53
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by owl on 17.04.2008 at 02:27

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 17.04.2008 at 00:44

I know, it's me who's saying it , because it's what I hear people saying around me, all the time. No pressure, though.

Hehe, what do othe rpeople know.
My parents got married when they were 21 and 22... my current age!
And everyone said they were too young.
Brr. *shrugs*
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

17.04.2008 - 22:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
My to but what hepen leither .... sorry young people can be stupid and do syupid thinks, better gow old before merry
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.04.2008 - 00:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bad English on 17.04.2008 at 22:01

My to but what hepen leither .... sorry young people can be stupid and do syupid thinks, better gow old before merry

It has advantages, because of that I have young parents, and it's really cool.
Are you saying that because of marrying young my parents are stupid?
*takes sword out*
----

18.04.2008 - 09:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.04.2008 at 00:48

*takes sword out*

It its all mearige broke up, leither because diferent reasons and Im 23 and ikm single and im proiud of it
----

apos;'
[image]
18.04.2008 - 19:50
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bad English on 18.04.2008 at 09:31

*takes sword out*

It its all mearige broke up, leither because diferent reasons and Im 23 and ikm single and im proiud of it

My parents are still together, you can't judge all marriages based in only one case. Specially since mosty mrriages don't divorce.
I'm (almost) 22 and single, nor proud nor ahsmed of it. I simply don't care.
----

19.04.2008 - 09:04
selken
Irreligious
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.04.2008 at 19:50

Written by Bad English on 18.04.2008 at 09:31

*takes sword out*

My parents are still together, you can't judge all marriages based in only one case. Specially since mosty mrriages don't divorce.
I'm (almost) 22 and single, nor proud nor ahsmed of it. I simply don't care.

hehe, that's good your you dude, but this is not the case, my parents married very young, too and they are still together, however I have seen way more failed cases than successful ones.

Anyway, by now, I prefer my freedom. xD
----
19.04.2008 - 18:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jonas Me to I dont care and wont care, I hate such standars you're 21-23 you need get merry otherwise you eb shame of society, ehh i dont care and never will Im metalhead, alcoholic and ultra
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2008 - 20:23
metaldazza
Account deleted
I've got two kids and I've been with my partner for 13 years. I'd never marry her though. The idea that I could ever promise I'd be with someone for ever is just a lie. I know a lot of married people and when you press them they never mean it. It's all a big fat lie. People may have the best of intentions but why base a relationship on a lie!
19.04.2008 - 20:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2008 at 20:23

I've got two kids and I've been with my partner for 13 years. I'd never marry her though. The idea that I could ever promise I'd be with someone for ever is just a lie. I know a lot of married people and when you press them they never mean it. It's all a big fat lie. People may have the best of intentions but why base a relationship on a lie!

May I ask how old are you?

i agree but in that case somehow meriage are better, because partner can leave easyer, but in mearige there's still law who stop it or make it harder
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2008 - 20:33
metaldazza
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.04.2008 at 20:29

i agree but in that case somehow meriage are better, because partner can leave easyer, but in mearige there's still law who stop it or make it harder

I'm 33.
19.04.2008 - 20:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2008 at 20:33

Written by Bad English on 19.04.2008 at 20:29

I'm 33.

quate long time beeing together whit one person, seems I was born in wromg country, even I know I was born in wrong country
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2008 - 22:18
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bad English on 19.04.2008 at 18:48

Jonas Me to I dont care and wont care, I hate such standars you're 21-23 you need get merry otherwise you eb shame of society

That's crap K7.
Nowadays iteh standard to gt married is post-25 years old because most people wants to study a career and become a profesional, before getting married.
Shame if you're 40 nd you're not married, and live with your parents lol
----

20.04.2008 - 00:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
but I dont wanna carear to so, in that case im free time what spend whit girl, but she must work
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2008 - 04:36
Nexus
Asshat
I'm rather apathetic with respect to marriage. I don't see the point of it, other than certifying the love between two people on paper ... and consequently spending a lot of money.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
20.04.2008 - 05:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bad English on 20.04.2008 at 00:18

but I dont wanna carear to so, in that case im free time what spend whit girl, but she must work

You'll remain single forever.
No woman in her 5 senses will maintain you. Maybe your mom lol.
----

20.04.2008 - 12:30
FOOCK Nam

I hate such standars you're 21-23 you need get merry otherwise you eb shame of society , ehh i dont care and never will Im metalhead, alcoholic and ultra

Same what happens here. Thats standard/stereoype makes me have prejudices on love. Here if you dont marry, the society ppl would underestimate or worse as despising you. I hate that god doenst give fair to all ppl if such a ugly girl can have a bf to marry, then she would be shame, what a stigma to society. I dont have bad eyes on who will in marriage but also for who wont in marriage.
20.04.2008 - 12:31
FOOCK Nam
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.04.2008 at 22:18

Jonas Me to I dont care and wont care, I hate such standars you're 21-23 you need get merry otherwise you eb shame of society

That's crap K7.
Nowadays iteh standard to gt married is post-25 years old because most people wants to study a career and become a profesional, before getting married.

What about if 40 but live alone, independence with parents?
20.04.2008 - 12:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jones hehehhe I know I m lazzy so if someone wanna date whit me she shood eb rich and druk ewery day more how I

Jed - Man its Asia, Europe are rotten man , its like in India nowdays parents search bride so ...
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2008 - 16:06
Berfones
If two people want to live together and share their lives I don't think a ceremony is necessary, the marriage ceremony is like a contrect between two people and I don't think it should be like so, if two people love each other they don't need the "until death draw you apart" kind of stuff and they need to have the option to just leave when the love dies out and not be forced to stay together with a person they may come to hate after being with himher for a long time, they just grow tired of each other and should not stay togather in that case
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
20.04.2008 - 17:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by FOOCK Nam on 20.04.2008 at 12:31

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.04.2008 at 22:18

That's crap K7.

What about if 40 but live alone, independence with parents?

I guess that's pretty normal being 40, and living alone. Most people that by that age are not married have a GF or a BF or special friend or whatever... and an economical stability to be able to look after themselves... SO I guess it's rpetty normal. I don't wanna live with my parents when I'm 40... Actually, I think I'll be married when I'm 40.
As my cousin says "We (all cousins) talk a load of crap, but we know most opf us will end getting married, INA A CHURCH!" And he's probably right.
----

07.09.2009 - 14:18
Immortal
Written by Berfones on 20.04.2008 at 16:06

If two people want to live together and share their lives I don't think a ceremony is necessary, the marriage ceremony is like a contrect between two people and I don't think it should be like so, if two people love each other they don't need the "until death draw you apart" kind of stuff and they need to have the option to just leave when the love dies out and not be forced to stay together with a person they may come to hate after being with himher for a long time, they just grow tired of each other and should not stay togather in that case

Beautifully put and exactly my view on the subject .
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
07.09.2009 - 14:41
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
I don't like the whole Christian thing and I know a lot of marriages don't work out... but I think if two people love each other and want to get married then that's a beautiful thing. Marriage is a part of our culture and I think two people can stay together forever. I hope to get married someday.
07.09.2009 - 14:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I will definitely have a "metal wedding"...one day... .)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.09.2009 - 15:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 14:51

After it you cant listen arakain ''zase spju v noce sam'' lil male version about song
----

apos;'
[image]
07.09.2009 - 16:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am not listening to that song even now, so i dont see problem with it
----

07.09.2009 - 16:49
Immortal
Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 14:51

A couple who live accross the road from me had a 'metal wedding'. I don't know the full details of what happened I just heard that at one point the woman came into a room carried in a coffin and everyone in the room banged on the side of it. What that represents? I don't have a clue! I do know two things though - they kept the coffin on display in their porch and she is HOT! I'm jealous
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
07.09.2009 - 17:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Immortal on 07.09.2009 at 16:49

at one point the woman came into a room carried in a coffin and everyone in the room banged on the side of it.

i dont consider this being "metal" at all
----