Metal Storm logo
More metal guys than girls?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.08.2007 - 20:28
it just came to me right now, why are there more male metal fans than female?

the only logical explanation i can give is that girls are softer and prefer lighter music in general...
19.11.2009 - 20:55
Rozz
Written by Ragana on 19.11.2009 at 19:26

Written by Rozz on 19.11.2009 at 18:42

I was just about to make a topic about the same thing, i think the reason why its a fuckin sussage fest here is becuase when ever a girl get's an ms account all the desprete lonley horny guys send them millions of messages, how do i know a few of them told me just now.
Like serously guy's this is not a metal dating site, if you want a girl then go to a dating site or go out to a pub and find one. ms has turned into a total sussage fest and i find it funny

No, that happens AFTER she has put in some picture of her. Talking from experience. But we can ignore them anyway and I'm not going to leave MS just because someone wrote me a freaky letter.

but really you should not have to put up with those guys haha
20.11.2009 - 10:58
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Konrad on 19.11.2009 at 20:16

I actually have to throw a caution flag up when I meet a girl seriously into extreme metal, because I wonder if something might be wrong with her. It doesn't mean there must be, but I've just had bad experiences with girls (even very feminine) girls who listen to metal.

But it's not what my experience says.

Written by Rozz on 19.11.2009 at 20:55

Of course but such dicks are everywhere, from real life to cyberspace, MS is no exeption. If girls leave wherever one of those assholes appears, they should leave existance.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
22.11.2009 - 07:50
Kei
I have to agree first and foremost with a lack of exposure. Lack of radio play combined with a dangerous reputation or the reputation that -all- metal is just cursing and screaming makes it so that unless a person really wants those things, they won't check it out.

I was introduced to Dream Theater a good 11 years ago, and had no idea whatsoever that it was considered Metal.

It's sophisticated and beautiful, and that seemed contradictory to what I was made to believe about Metal. I listened to them religiously without ever checking out any other Metal groups, until a friend sent me the first Stream of Passion CD. This led to my listening to all of Arjen Lucassen projects, then hunting for female fronted metal bands, and then any and all melodic metal groups.

If I had known back then, I would have started listening to it in general.

I don't think that it's necessarily that I'm a girl which makes it so that I like Melodic Metal most often. I was raised on progressive rock from the 70s, and most of my family are musicians or music teachers. I was classically trained in Opera, and also played French Horn for several years with Youth Symphonies as a kid. I like the music I listen to in any genre to be creative, textured, and passionate. I find those things in Melodic Metal (although there are plenty of uninspired groups just like in any kind of music).

I actually think that what is done in progressive rock and metal is much closer to the artistry that used to take place in the 16th and 17th century. The level of song writing in general has gone down the drain with the rise of commercially popular music. Then again, a lot of great musicians from the 16th and 17th century were not realized for the geniuses they were until after their deaths. Democracy sucks sometimes.

It has to be said, however, that I'm probably not the best example of a girl. I grew up in Arizona (conservative, religious place), and I was the Left handed Atheist Lesbian who likes American Football yet sings Opera (still girly though). I've always been a strange one.
----
Author of Femme Metale on Metal Chicks.
Follow me on Metal Chicks: http://metalchicks.ca/Keinans_Blog/
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/?ref=logo
Twitter: @KeinanLynx
22.11.2009 - 08:27
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Kei on 22.11.2009 at 07:50
It has to be said, however, that I'm probably not the best example of a girl. I grew up in Arizona (conservative, religious place), and I was the Left handed Atheist Lesbian who likes American Football yet sings Opera (still girly though). I've always been a strange one.

I have no idea if my background/personality had anything to do with me being attracted to metal music. I was always a bit of a tomboy, (though still had a really girly side too.) though I doubt that had anything really to do with me being drawn towards metal. It is perhaps possible that because I was unhappy growing up, that I was just naturally drawn to darker, more aggressive music. I've just always felt a deep connection to metal music, and if there is some external reason for that, I have no idea. It's just always been somthing I've had a passion for ever since I discovered rock and then metal music. However, I like almost all genres of metal, from the progressive, very melodic and sometimes beautiful metal, to very fast, harsh, and sinister sounding metal. I just have a very open mind as far as music goes, and can see positives in most types of metal. I do know that some guys are surprised to find I'm so knowledgable about metal, just because I'm female. There is still a lot of sexism in the metal community I think.

As for the original question, I think this does a great job of shining some light on it...

Male Metalstorm members: 13183

Female Metalstorm members: 2624

That is really, a huge difference. Even Im surprised that there's THAT much more guys into metal than girls.
24.11.2009 - 19:04
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Kei on 22.11.2009 at 07:50

I have to agree first and foremost with a lack of exposure. Lack of radio play combined with a dangerous reputation or the reputation that -all- metal is just cursing and screaming makes it so that unless a person really wants those things, they won't check it out.

I was introduced to Dream Theater a good 11 years ago, and had no idea whatsoever that it was considered Metal.

I don't think that it's necessarily that I'm a girl which makes it so that I like Melodic Metal most often. I was raised on progressive rock from the 70s, and most of my family are musicians or music teachers.

Dream Theater was one of my gateway bands into the metal genre too, but I was aware that their music was a kind of metal. Pfft... I wish MY family listened to 70's prog. Now that I think about it, I'm probably the only one on both sides of my family (that I know of) that doesn't just listen to Nickleback or whatever is popular on MTV.

Metal's reputation to the ignorant music listener is definitely a problem when attracting females to the genre. At least here in the states, it seems that a female listening to metal is like a girl playing with G.I. Joes. It's a *guy thing*. :/ The only females I know of that dig metal are usually the more "artsy" kind of girls. Girls who have an overall interest in the arts. I think sometimes it takes that kind of (typically) open-minded person to give metal a try. The only other females I've known of that like metal are these kind:

Written by Konrad on 19.11.2009 at 20:16

I think many girls just like to do what their boyfriends are into

:/

Written by Rozz on 19.11.2009 at 20:55

Written by Ragana on 19.11.2009 at 19:26

No, that happens AFTER she has put in some picture of her. Talking from experience. But we can ignore them anyway and I'm not going to leave MS just because someone wrote me a freaky letter.

You're right. She shouldn't. It amazes me how fucking creepy some people are. I'm just glad that I'm not an attractive female.
24.11.2009 - 19:32
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 19:04

I'm just glad that I'm not an attractive female.

It's better to be attractive than vice versa.
24.11.2009 - 19:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 19:32

True...I hate being ugly lol
24.11.2009 - 20:07
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 19:43

one of the most important things which makes girls to be not like man is just that they like to play with their body! and its natural but I hate when it comes to art. sometimes some girls like "Pink" (dont know her name) just shows that she is a free girl and anarchist like, its interesting. but no no I cant take someone like shakira or britney who first of all show their bodies to be attractive. it has a palce called fashion! or somthin like that, in music I cant take to be honest. for second example "Lday gaga", maybe Im not a fan her but I like his works, just do some punlike things and this is she! from the very first time and acts like maniac sexuals or ... but take a look at beyonce or ...

I think I couldnt say what the hell I meant! cause its so complicated. but simply, yes to be ugly is not nice!
24.11.2009 - 20:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 24.11.2009 at 20:07
I think I couldnt say what the hell I meant! cause its so complicated. but simply, yes to be ugly is not nice!

No, it's not nice.

I think being an attractive female would have it's own problems, but...being ugly is definitely far worse, and I think any woman would agree with that. No-one would rather be ugly if they had the choice not to be, its just that some of us have no choice.
Although I'd rather not have loads of guys leering at me, I'd much prefer that, to not being attractive to guys at all.

I do agree with some of the comments though. Since I've been here, I've had about 4 PMs from guys who I've never even spoken to wanting to talk to me. I suspect if I was male, that wouldn't have happened.
24.11.2009 - 20:15
Fat & Sassy!
Elite

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 19:04

I'm just glad that I'm not an attractive female.

Yeah, I suppose they both have their own negatives.

Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 19:43

Come on now...

Oh, and Black God... Your post is a communication breakdown if I've ever seen one. XP
24.11.2009 - 20:20
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 20:15

Written by Guest on 24.11.2009 at 20:07

No, it's not nice.

I think being an attractive female would have it's own problems, but...being ugly is definitely far worse, and I think any woman would agree with that. No-one would rather be ugly if they had the choice not to be, its just that some of us have no choice.
Although I'd rather not have loads of guys leering at me, I'd much prefer that, to not being attractive to guys at all.

I do agree with some of the comments though. Since I've been here, I've had about 4 PMs from guys who I've never even spoken to wanting to talk to me. I suspect if I was male, that wouldn't have happened.

lol your wrods made me take a look at your profile! but I cant see any photoes! so we have such men! pmsl! but yes its not so nice if a lot of ppl leering at a man or a woman its interesting just for ... ppl!
24.11.2009 - 20:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 24.11.2009 at 20:20
lol your wrods made me take a look at your profile! but I cant see any photoes! so we have such men! pmsl! but yes its not so nice if a lot of ppl leering at a man or a woman its interesting just for ... ppl!

And you're surprised that there wasn't any after what I said?

I guess the only real good thing about not being attractive, is guys seem to be at ease around me, and talk to me just as "one of the guys". I just love talking about music, it's the one thing in life I've always been passionate about.
24.11.2009 - 20:27
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 20:15

Oh, and Black God... Your post is a communication breakdown if I've ever seen one. XP

huhu I said its complicated!
24.11.2009 - 20:31
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 20:25

Written by Guest on 24.11.2009 at 20:20

And you're surprised that there wasn't any after what I said?

I guess the only real good thing about not being attractive, is guys seem to be at ease around me, and talk to me just as "one of the guys". I just love talking about music, it's the one thing in life I've always been passionate about.

there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a guy and there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a girl! lol I had a friend who was a dr, he was a solid death metaller! he always hated the bands who have a woman vocals! I asked him why? and he said, "I cant share exact and serious things with women" and he had a partner who didnt know what is even rock music lol!
24.11.2009 - 20:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 24.11.2009 at 20:31
there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a guy and there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a girl! lol I had a friend who was a dr, he was a solid death metaller! he always hated the bands who have a woman vocals! I asked him why? and he said, "I cant share exact and serious things with women" and he had a partner who didnt know what is even rock music lol!

The only time I'm really talked to by guys "as a girl", is if they want advice about women, and what they like, and stuff like that. *sighs*

On the subject of female vocals in metal, I think a lot of people would be surprised to find that I generally don't like them. I like Angela Gossow's vocals, but her vocals are very masculine, so I dont really count them! I just see feminine vocals to not fit very well with metal music. There's a few bands with female vocals where I love the music, but I find it hard to truly love the band, because the vocals seem to be mismatched with the music. There are exceptions, but generally, I don't like female vocals in metal.
24.11.2009 - 20:49
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 20:25

I guess the only real good thing about not being attractive, is guys seem to be at ease around me, and talk to me just as "one of the guys".

I disagree. That's not a privilege of unattractive people only (and I also refuse to think you're ugly ). Well, I couldn't say I'm an ugly duck and I'm also not a beauty queen but at least in real life guys talk to me as more or less equal person, especially, if the conversation is about computers, technologies or something like that (simply I just know more about those things than any other girl they probably know, haha). Then, of course, I hope they remember I'm not a guy, lol.
I also can't stand if someone talks to me only because I seem attractive - the conversation is superficial and we have nothing to talk about.
24.11.2009 - 20:50
Fat & Sassy!
Elite

there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a guy and there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a girl!

That is pretty awful way of looking at things. I talk to people... as if they are people, no matter what their sex is. If I were to go about constantly thinking about what someone's gender is and what I should or shouldn't say to them, my conversations would be so artificial. It irritates me to *no fucking extent* when people say they don't know how to talk to the opposite gender, like there is some special way to talk to them or something. UGH! >:O

But we are off-topic guys...
24.11.2009 - 21:03
MetallicA
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 20:50

there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a guy and there is a time that you like to talk with a girl as a girl!

That is pretty awful way of looking at things. I talk to people... as if they are people, no matter what their sex is. If I were to go about constantly thinking about what someone's gender is and what I should or shouldn't say to them, my conversations would be so artificial. It irritates me to *no fucking extent* when people say they don't know how to talk to the opposite gender, like there is some special way to talk to them or something. UGH! >:O

hmmm I don't think what he meant. Sometimes a guy may need advice from a girl and he needs it from a girl's perspective and then there are times when a girl is hanging with the guys and it doesn't matter that she's female, they can still joke and do whatever as if she was one of the guys. At least that's what I thought...

about creepy messages: I haven't gotten any here but on the smnnews forums I have. They are blatent about it too...they didn't even pm me. They just posted in the forums that they wanted nude pictures. Some of those people are disgusting! As a result, I hardly go on those forums anymore...I only go to check any updates for MDF usually. At least metalstormers are civilized and respectful (well, I can't speak for the creepy messages ragana got lol)
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
24.11.2009 - 21:08
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 20:50

exactly man! I cant take it nor! why I have to talk like a gentleman with girls shit! I like to be myself but then they count you as an anti social person! you have to take care of girls when you are talkin shit! I think this a the worst thing with humanebing! these are things which made differences btw men and women. feminism or whatever.

but I meant that sometimes you like to talk with girls sexual man! then you cant count her as a she? understand lol!
24.11.2009 - 21:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by MetallicA on 24.11.2009 at 21:03

At least metalstormers are civilized and respectful (well, I can't speak for the creepy messages ragana got lol)

Metal Storm is a large place with far too many different people... no wonder some of them like to send weird messages to unknown people.
Today I got a new message on some other forum - this time it was the most popular site in Latvia (according to the count of registered users, there are found all citizens of Latvia, lol). The message, as usually, said nothing more than: "hey how are you nice pic". I feel sorry for guys like these, they can't even write correctly (the message was in Latvian, I'm just ~copying the style of it). :/
24.11.2009 - 21:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 20:49
I disagree. That's not a privilege of unattractive people only (and I also refuse to think you're ugly ). Well, I couldn't say I'm an ugly duck and I'm also not a beauty queen but at least in real life guys talk to me as more or less equal person, especially, if the conversation is about computers, technologies or something like that (simply I just know more about those things than any other girl they probably know, haha). Then, of course, I hope they remember I'm not a guy, lol.
I also can't stand if someone talks to me only because I seem attractive - the conversation is superficial and we have nothing to talk about.

Your last point is pretty much was what I was meaning. When a guy is talking to an attractive girl, is it just because she's attractive? I think in some cases at least, this is surely the way of it. I generally am treated equal when I speak to guys about metal, guitars, games, and stuff like that. Though I have been mistaken for a guy online before, purely because I'm knowledgable about metal. I have had a couple of guys be surprised to find that I am female. So I think sexism in the metal scene does exist, though it is definitely getting better. I really have no idea if the sexism is anything to do with why there appears to be far less women into metal than men. I am ugly...I wish I wasnt! lol

Written by MetallicA on 24.11.2009 at 21:03

hmmm I don't think what he meant. Sometimes a guy may need advice from a girl and he needs it from a girl's perspective and then there are times when a girl is hanging with the guys and it doesn't matter that she's female, they can still joke and do whatever as if she was one of the guys. At least that's what I thought...

This is pretty much my experience. Guys sometimes talk to me about certain things, so they can get a female perspective on it, that they obviously couldn't get with other males. Aside from this, when I'm talking about music, games, or whatever with guys, it's like my gender doesn't matter, which is a good thing.

about creepy messages: I haven't gotten any here but on the smnnews forums I have. They are blatent about it too...they didn't even pm me. They just posted in the forums that they wanted nude pictures. Some of those people are disgusting! As a result, I hardly go on those forums anymore...I only go to check any updates for MDF usually. At least metalstormers are civilized and respectful (well, I can't speak for the creepy messages ragana got lol)

I have seen that type of behaviour on a band's forum, and it's really terrible. I once seen a girl posting a pic of herself, and guys were being really horrible to her because they thought she was ugly. And other girls were being asked for nude pics, and stuff like that. I haven't seen anything like that here, and I've never felt uncomfortable at all since I've joined Metal Storm. All the guys here, at least the ones I've spoken to, have been really respectful, and kewl.
24.11.2009 - 21:26
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 21:16

Today I got a new message on some other forum - this time it was the most popular site in Latvia (according to the count of registered users, there are found all citizens of Latvia, lol). The message, as usually, said nothing more than: "hey how are you nice pic". I feel sorry for guys like these, they can't even write correctly (the message was in Latvian, I'm just ~copying the style of it). :/

I wanna know... Are there actually girls out there who get messages like these and are like, "Oh hai! Thx! Wanna see naked pix of me?" I mean, do any of these creeps succeed at getting what they want? D:

Oh, and I think we can thank the mods for keeping these threads clean.
24.11.2009 - 21:30
MetallicA
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 21:16
I have seen that type of behaviour on a band's forum, and it's really terrible. I once seen a girl posting a pic of herself, and guys were being really horrible to her because they thought she was ugly. And other girls were being asked for nude pics, and stuff like that. I haven't seen anything like that here, and I've never felt uncomfortable at all since I've joined Metal Storm. All the guys here, at least the ones I've spoken to, have been really respectful, and kewl.

yes that's what I love about this forum. This place has like no douchebags which is great!

It also helps there are rules set here and the mods do enforce them when needed. Fortunately, there usually is no need to because everyone here seems to understand the rules. Hell, there's really nothin to it, don't post stupid nonsense topics and be respectful...just common sense

Yeah I don't even think there are any posted rules in the smnnews forums...or any mods for that matter. If there are, then they are just as bad as everyone else there. It's just "do whatever you want and let's see how much we can creep out any new girls."

I just happen to be a mod on a different metal forum and yeah, we don't have these sorts of problems over there either. Some of them can get stupid at times but not to the point of asking for nude pics. It's a local forum so I know most of them in person too which is pretty cool actually. There's always a big group of us at shows too

oh, and just like here in metalstorm, I'm one of the few girls on that local forum haha
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
24.11.2009 - 21:50
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MetallicA on 24.11.2009 at 21:30
yes that's what I love about this forum. This place has like no douchebags which is great!

It also helps there are rules set here and the mods do enforce them when needed. Fortunately, there usually is no need to because everyone here seems to understand the rules. Hell, there's really nothin to it, don't post stupid nonsense topics and be respectful...just common sense

Yeah I don't even think there are any posted rules in the smnnews forums...or any mods for that matter. If there are, then they are just as bad as everyone else there. It's just "do whatever you want and let's see how much we can creep out any new girls."

Well, the place Im talking about does have rules, and mods, which just makes it even worse! I'm amazed at the things some people are allowed to get away with. Metal Storm is a great forum for metal chat, and just general fun. Im glad I found it!

I think this is actually on topic, because I wonder if the chauvanism and sexism in metal has anything to do with why there aren't more girls involved in the genre. It wasn't a thing I ever thought about, when I got into metal, I just liked the music and that was that. But I do wonder why there seems to be far less women in metal than men.
24.11.2009 - 22:03
MetallicA
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 21:50

Well, the place Im talking about does have rules, and mods, which just makes it even worse! I'm amazed at the things some people are allowed to get away with. Metal Storm is a great forum for metal chat, and just general fun. Im glad I found it!

I think this is actually on topic, because I wonder if the chauvanism and sexism in metal has anything to do with why there aren't more girls involved in the genre. It wasn't a thing I ever thought about, when I got into metal, I just liked the music and that was that. But I do wonder why there seems to be far less women in metal than men.

probably...alot of the dudes probably scare the girls away Yeah when I get into metal, it was the same for me as well...I liked what I heard and stuck with it. And then I realized there's hardly any other females into it.

I went to smnnews just now and guess what I found? A thread dedicated to nothin but tit pictures! Ofcourse there's women's boobs and then some people posted some nasty ass hairy man boobs as well and that made me lol

haha I know the dudes here like boobs (well, unless you're gay I suppose) so if you wanna see some go there lol

seriously though, I'm very glad that kind of stuff doesn't go on here. We can actually have an intelligent conversation with fellow metalheads knowing they'll be respectful.
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
24.11.2009 - 22:03
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 21:26

Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 21:16

I wanna know... Are there actually girls out there who get messages like these and are like, "Oh hai! Thx! Wanna see naked pix of me?" I mean, do any of these creeps succeed at getting what they want? D:

Dunno, i'm not the only girl on this site, how i'm supposed to know that? XD I would never ever do that unless I'm HORRIBLY drunk but if I was really drunk I would never be here online.

I just happen to be a mod on a different metal forum and yeah, we don't have these sorts of problems over there either. Some of them can get stupid at times but not to the point of asking for nude pics. It's a local forum so I know most of them in person too which is pretty cool actually. There's always a big group of us at shows too

oh, and just like here in metalstorm, I'm one of the few girls on that local forum haha

I'm in a pretty similar situation only the forum is about graphic design. About 95% of users are guys and I know about 3 active female users. Since one of them is taken (and her bf is forum's owner), the second is a moderator and is not really talkative... um, and the third is me and I'm the scary witch and a moderator all in one, so, no one really cares about our nude pics, I guess.

Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 21:50

But I do wonder why there seems to be far less women in metal than men.

Metal is not a girly thing... and it has absolutely nothing to do with the pink colour.
24.11.2009 - 22:06
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 22:03

Metal is not a girly thing... and it has absolutely nothing to do with the pink colour.

:O!
24.11.2009 - 22:10
Ragana
Rawrcat
Nah, that doesn't count. You're cheating.
24.11.2009 - 22:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MetallicA on 24.11.2009 at 22:03
probably...alot of the dudes probably scare the girls away Yeah when I get into metal, it was the same for me as well...I liked what I heard and stuck with it. And then I realized there's hardly any other females into it.

I went to smnnews just now and guess what I found? A thread dedicated to nothin but tit pictures! Ofcourse there's women's boobs and then some people posted some nasty ass hairy man boobs as well and that made me lol

seriously though, I'm very glad that kind of stuff doesn't go on here. We can actually have an intelligent conversation with fellow metalheads knowing they'll be respectful.

Yep, could be less a case of ''less girls being into metal" and more a case of, ''girls being scared to post on metal forums because of pervy guys".

Oh, I can well believe it! This forum has a "hot chicks thread", but what's even worse, is there is an "ugly chicks" thread as well. I mean...that is just unbeliveably childish, and shallow...

I've enjoyed all my conversations here. The guys here (at least the ones I've spoken to) seem respectful of girls. And chats are generally intelligent, and/or fun. It's nice to know all my fellow metalheads aren't total boneheads!

Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 22:03

Some people say that is the reason, but...I think the ''metal is masculine'' thing is purely a stereotype. Just like in the 80's video games were seen as being an almost exclusively male activity. Anyways, I have pink slippers, and pink nightshirt, and I'm still metal.

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 22:06
:O!

There is NOTHING metal about that! That's even worse than the Motorhead/Maiden girly fashion tops that are sold in the high street.

I do think that the more extreme the metal genre, the less women are likely to be into it. A few months ago I went to see Exodus live, and aside from me, there was only about 2 other gals there, and I think they were with their boyfriends! about 95% of the crowd was guys.
24.11.2009 - 23:04
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 22:56

Oh, I can well believe it! This forum has a "hot chicks thread", but what's even worse, is there is an "ugly chicks" thread as well. I mean...that is just unbeliveably childish, and shallow...

There is NOTHING metal about that! That's even worse than the Motorhead/Maiden girly fashion tops that are sold in the high street.

Yeah, those threads' existences annoy me also. >:/

Are you talking about the shirts that are only held up on one shoulder? Honestly, I find those shirts very attractive on teh ladies.