Metal Storm logo
More metal guys than girls?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.08.2007 - 20:28
it just came to me right now, why are there more male metal fans than female?

the only logical explanation i can give is that girls are softer and prefer lighter music in general...
24.11.2009 - 23:08
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 22:56

Oh, I can well believe it! This forum has a "hot chicks thread", but what's even worse, is there is an "ugly chicks" thread as well. I mean...that is just unbeliveably childish, and shallow...

Omg. That's really low.

Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 22:03
Metal is not a girly thing... and it has absolutely nothing to do with the pink colour.

Some people say that is the reason, but...I think the ''metal is masculine'' thing is purely a stereotype. Just like in the 80's video games were seen as being an almost exclusively male activity. Anyways, I have pink slippers, and pink nightshirt, and I'm still metal.

Well... me too, but, oh, I mean those girls who prefer to dye their hair blonde and have chihuahua.
My younger sister loves Akon, pink colour and everything that shines and the closest thing to metal she has ever listened by her own will is Metallica, probably. Now she's pretty much okay with my taste of music, but she thinks metal music is gross - the music is too heavy and she doesn't understand the lyrics, therefore she can't sing along (I mostly listen to extreme metal).

Oh, shit, that conversation about freaky PM's inspired another guy from MS to send me a PM, lol.
24.11.2009 - 23:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Kei - Arizona conservative , what Dirty Dozzen, Might Hells Angesl and Sonny Bartger says about it when they rolling don the hightway dressed in black
I thought its Utah

The Black God - Atractive female man remeber MY DYING BRIDE - price Of The beauty and it says all, more beautifull and atractive pay price for beauty specely female

Ragana - well I prefere when girls talk bnecause they like me, not because they want somethng from em, one think I learden in UNI they talk whit me when need something like advice other hand leither simply pretend they talk, well God Forgives Outlaws SDont(its my moto)

Metallica and Angelic Storm - well guys are atractiev because we have staff and mods who follow all what we doing here heehehehe justic n liberty
Well I know one guy from my uni who talk and look to girl brests all time and he talks loud when go in street all time look at her ass, look what nive legs she had, look what brests, her ass are ugly, look at this bitch she probobly suck good .... and still he dont understand why NOBODY dont wanna talk n walk whit him
I never would do it ehhh

Well just woundering how % of all female metalheads in this world are nomn smokers?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2009 - 23:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 23:04
Yeah, those threads' existences annoy me also. >:/

Are you talking about the shirts that are only held up on one shoulder? Honestly, I find those shirts very attractive on teh ladies.

Yep, there does seem to be a certain mentality with some guys that if a girl isnt physically attractive, she isn't worth anything. Threads like that are just the product of that way of thinking...

I'm afraid I am! I never said they weren't attractive, just that they weren't metal. Which is borne out by the fact that most women who wear that stuff are not even into metal.

Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 23:08
Omg. That's really low.

It is...:lol:

Well... me too, but, oh, I mean those girls who prefer to dye their hair blonde and have chihuahua.
My younger sister loves Akon, pink colour and everything that shines and the closest thing to metal she has ever listened by her own will is Metallica, probably. Now she's pretty much okay with my taste of music, but she thinks metal music is gross - the music is too heavy and she doesn't understand the lyrics, therefore she can't sing along (I mostly listen to extreme metal).

Oh, shit, that conversation about freaky PM's inspired another guy from MS to send me a PM, lol.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean! I was never a typical girly girl, always been a bit of a tomboy, although I do have a girly side to me too. hehe.

I would agree that guys are more likely to be drawn to metal, especially the more extreme genres. For me, it was just a gradual thing, from rock, then Maiden, Metallica, then death metal, and so on. I don't really have a preference for one style of metal, I love most of it. A couple of days ago I was listening to Angra, then put Aborted on right after it!

When I got into metal, I never seen it as "guy's thing", it was just a type of music that I was interested in, and enjoyed listening to. I guess it's only really hindsight which is showing me that metal is male dominated, and the more extreme the genre, the more male dominated it is.
24.11.2009 - 23:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 24.11.2009 at 23:23
Metallica and Angelic Storm - well guys are atractiev because we have staff and mods who follow all what we doing here heehehehe justic n liberty

I think I got the gist of what you meant... Yep, the staff here seem to do a great job!

Quote:
Well just woundering how % of all female metalheads in this world are nomn smokers?

I don't smoke.

As for the guy at uni you're talking about, yeah...guys like that are just slimeballs, and no respectable girl would want to go near a guy like that.
24.11.2009 - 23:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 23:30

Written by Bad English on 24.11.2009 at 23:23

I think I got the gist of what you meant... Yep, the staff here seem to do a great job!

Quote:

I don't smoke

As for the guy at uni you're talking about, yeah...guys like that are just slimeballs, and no respectable girl would want to go near a guy like that.

Well I think there some thing what you can do when see girl and cant bot, I try not swearing , try not get drunk and act civilazed, even I try not make better impresion hwo I am reality, IMO its stupid I hate pretending being better how I am
Simply I know what ton do and when, even Im not an angel and Mr Perfect,

Well he is an ashole, he bought all school reports didnt write anything
What he talk I never talk even in guy company , when guys talk about girls

If you know TV series 1000 ways to die where re craited real stupidest deaths he emaind sme guy, who thought he has small penis and put tube and tide suasuge near leg and block arthery and after 4h long party died in girl company .,..................... if eh get chick what he would show seasige LOL
----

apos;'
[image]
24.11.2009 - 23:40
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 23:23

Oh yeah, I know what you mean! I was never a typical girly girl, always been a bit of a tomboy, although I do have a girly side to me too. hehe.

I would agree that guys are more likely to be drawn to metal, especially the more extreme genres. For me, it was just a gradual thing, from rock, then Maiden, Metallica, then death metal, and so on. I don't really have a preference for one style of metal, I love most of it. A couple of days ago I was listening to Angra, then put Aborted on right after it!

When I got into metal, I never seen it as "guy's thing", it was just a type of music that I was interested in, and enjoyed listening to. I guess it's only really hindsight which is showing me that metal is male dominated, and the more extreme the genre, the more male dominated it is.

Sure, I like diversity. Metal is not the only music genre I listen to, but I'm just saying that metal is the basic stuff of what I call "my music". sometimes I feel really awkward when I have to tell people I listen to metal because they look at me like I was crazy or something, I mean, I really don't look like a metal chick.

I listened Aborted when I was new to metal. Somehow it was one of the first metal bands I discovered. XD

Well, at least in metal gigs you can feel like a human not like you are up to see last cool guys on Earth (I wonder how I would feel attending Tokio Hotel's concert where there would be girls screaming for Bill all around me...).
24.11.2009 - 23:41
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.11.2009 at 23:23

I'm afraid I am! I never said they weren't attractive, just that they weren't metal. Which is borne out by the fact that most women who wear that stuff are not even into metal.

I understand, but let's just say that if a "non-metal girl" *that I was already interested in* walked up to me while wearing a female style Killers (the Maiden album) shirt, I'd think it's too hot to care if she really is into metal. XP But if she really *was* a Maiden fan too... I... I think I would just die. XD

I kind of had the same experiences getting into metal. It took me a while to get into the more "extreme" genres though. Post-Punk->Rock->Maiden, Metallica, Dream Theater->Prog and Power Metal->"Extreme" Types of metal. By the end of high school, I was listening to almost all kinds of rock, jazz, and classical.
25.11.2009 - 00:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ragana on 24.11.2009 at 23:40
Sure, I like diversity. Metal is not the only music genre I listen to, but I'm just saying that metal is the basic stuff of what I call "my music". sometimes I feel really awkward when I have to tell people I listen to metal because they look at me like I was crazy or something, I mean, I really don't look like a metal chick.

I listened Aborted when I was new to metal. Somehow it was one of the first metal bands I discovered. XD

Well, at least in metal gigs you can feel like a human not like you are up to see last cool guys on Earth (I wonder how I would feel attending Tokio Hotel's concert where there would be girls screaming for Bill all around me...).

Yep, that's me too! I listen to other music aside from metal, but I'd say more than 90% of what I listen to is metal. I do look like a metal chick, seeing as I usually wear band shirts. And mostly black.

I actually only got into Aborted quite recently. When I got into death/extreme metal at first, it was bands like Obituary, Death, Pestilence, Entombed, Benediction, bands like that. Aborted are a great band though, Im in the process now of checking out all their albums.

Yeah, true.... It just brings home really I guess how little female fans there are of this type of music. I was a little intimidated at the Exodus gig, being on my own, and probably the only girl there without a boyfriend. Once the music starts though...thats me. I just get lost in the metal. hehe!

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.11.2009 at 23:41
I understand, but let's just say that if a "non-metal girl" *that I was already interested in* walked up to me while wearing a female style Killers (the Maiden album) shirt, I'd think it's too hot to care if she really is into metal. XP But if she really *was* a Maiden fan too... I... I think I would just die. XD

I kind of had the same experiences getting into metal. It took me a while to get into the more "extreme" genres though. Post-Punk->Rock->Maiden, Metallica, Dream Theater->Prog and Power Metal->"Extreme" Types of metal. By the end of high school, I was listening to almost all kinds of rock, jazz, and classical.

Okay, fair enough!

I know, it sounds weird to say it now, but the first time I heard "...And Justice For All" or "Holy Wars..." for instance, I found the music very harsh, and it took me a while to get into it. Any time I progressed to a more extreme style of metal, that would be my reaction. But my natural attraction and curiosity for the music always made keep listening till I was into it. One thing I didn't do, which I know some metalheads do, is abandon the earlier styles of rock/metal that I was into in the first place. The extreme stuff I just seen as widening my musical pallette, rather than a replacement for the stuff I liked before.
26.11.2009 - 02:31
Kei
*_* I want that shirt! Maybe in Lavender, with glitter!

There's only so much you can do to avoid aggressive males (or females). I worked with a guy once who I suppose just really wanted to sleep with me quite badly. No matter how many times I told him that I was not only a lesbian, but had a girlfriend at the time, he wouldn't take no for an answer. One of my straight friends at the job actually shoved herself between us when he was coming up behind me and flirting at the keypad we clocked in through. She yelled at him, and his response was just "Look, I'm try'n to give'r a little brown sugah, thas all baby" (he was an African American fellow). I actually think you get a lot more of that kind of behavior from men who listen to rap and r&b, but then that's just my experience.

I have yet to have many experiences with men and other women who like metal (I haven't gotten to go to a concert yet), but my partner seems convinced that if I start going or I make a metal band like I want to (progressive/symphonic) that I'm going to get murdered or something by a crazy drug addicted cult member, because in her opinion those are the types of people the music typically attracts. If my partner is any indication (she's usually a pretty open minded person), then that might be the kind of the mentality that most girls have in regards to metal lol.
----
Author of Femme Metale on Metal Chicks.
Follow me on Metal Chicks: http://metalchicks.ca/Keinans_Blog/
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/?ref=logo
Twitter: @KeinanLynx
26.11.2009 - 05:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Kei on 26.11.2009 at 02:31
I have yet to have many experiences with men and other women who like metal (I haven't gotten to go to a concert yet), but my partner seems convinced that if I start going or I make a metal band like I want to (progressive/symphonic) that I'm going to get murdered or something by a crazy drug addicted cult member, because in her opinion those are the types of people the music typically attracts. If my partner is any indication (she's usually a pretty open minded person), then that might be the kind of the mentality that most girls have in regards to metal lol.

Im not going to lie, some male metalheads are like cavemen, just with less brains.

Ive had a couple of bad experiences at gigs were it was obvious that some guys were just there to cause trouble, and hurt other people. There's been about 3 ocassions were guys have deliberately hurt me during gigs, and the general attitude of some can just be quite intimidating. I've also had my bits grabbed a couple of times, I think in crowds, some guys think they can get away with this without you realising it. However, I suspect in other countries though, it wouldn't be so bad. I think metal music does draw some guys who like to try and be "hard", and "macho". And I think the more aggressive the metal style, the more male fans like that there are likely to be. Metalheads do have a bad reputation among people who don't like metal. And while some of that reputation isn't warranted, I cannot say it completely isn't.

If I go to a gig by a thrash/death band, it can be quite intimidating, especially if I'm on my own. As there are always far more men there than women. I've had some good expereinces too though. My last gig was Testament/Onslaught, and I had a guy come up and ask me if I was okay because I looked unhappy. (which I was, as I was upset by the situation I was in with a guy I liked.) Some guy metalheads are nice, so the bad rep isn't totally justified. But...I can see why some women would be intimidated by/put off the metal scene. Me, I just liked the music, I never really thought about the "scene" or the type of other people that are attracted to the music. Although I think your friend is going a bit over the top and is a bit misguided about metal fans, it is not complete rubbish. Just a little exaggerated I think.
26.11.2009 - 19:09
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.11.2009 at 05:32

Written by Kei on 26.11.2009 at 02:31

Im not going to lie, some male metalheads are like cavemen, just with less brains.

Ive had a couple of bad experiences at gigs were it was obvious that some guys were just there to cause trouble, and hurt other people. There's been about 3 ocassions were guys have deliberately hurt me during gigs, and the general attitude of some can just be quite intimidating. I've also had my bits grabbed a couple of times, I think in crowds, some guys think they can get away with this without you realising it. However, I suspect in other countries though, it wouldn't be so bad. I think metal music does draw some guys who like to try and be "hard", and "macho". And I think the more aggressive the metal style, the more male fans like that there are likely to be. Metalheads do have a bad reputation among people who don't like metal. And while some of that reputation isn't warranted, I cannot say it completely isn't.

If I go to a gig by a thrash/death band, it can be quite intimidating, especially if I'm on my own. As there are always far more men there than women. I've had some good expereinces too though. My last gig was Testament/Onslaught, and I had a guy come up and ask me if I was okay because I looked unhappy. (which I was, as I was upset by the situation I was in with a guy I liked.) Some guy metalheads are nice, so the bad rep isn't totally justified. But...I can see why some women would be intimidated by/put off the metal scene. Me, I just liked the music, I never really thought about the "scene" or the type of other people that are attracted to the music. Although I think your friend is going a bit over the top and is a bit misguided about metal fans, it is not complete rubbish. Just a little exaggerated I think.

a lot of ppl who say they are metalheads! are not metalheads for sure. alot of them are just maniacs who think that they like this kind of music, I think again I think that true metalheads have somthing in their mind and not just copycats. ture ones has some philosophy and ppl who has philosphy cant act meaningless I think! anyway maybe Im worong! causet a lot of metalheads (who say I am) hast nothin to give you. ppl without head are nothing. I remember a video about metallica and charity, lars asked about metalheads hearts and james answered: "metalhead have big heads!" which made all band members laugh at it! yes ture metal heads have to have big heads!
27.11.2009 - 04:00
MetallicA
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.11.2009 at 05:32
Although I think your friend is going a bit over the top and is a bit misguided about metal fans, it is not complete rubbish. Just a little exaggerated I think.

I agree with this statement.

Metal is like anything else. You have your cool people and you have your assholes...just like everything else! Just because we listen to metal does not mean we are all bad people and act like morons. Morons exist in every 'scene' or whatever you want to call it. Being a metalhead does not automatically make you a crazy serial killer. That is what I am thinking Kei's partner thinks...her partner needs to lighten up!

As a matter of fact, last week someone asked me if I ever get grabbed while crowdsurfing. My reply was that I have never had a problem at a metal show...only at other shows. When I was 15 or so, I was groped really bad at a Godsmack show once...I mean they were trying to put their fingers in my cooch...since I was crowdsurfing, I did not have any control over it. They didn't succeed mostly cause I had on pants (thankfully) but at metal shows, I don't think I have ever heard a girl complain about something like that. From my experience, metalhead guys respect the metalchicks. Yeah there is the occasional butt grab but I guess that's inevitable.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
27.11.2009 - 05:36
nana.MD
Star-Queen
I think it's because girls like the cheesy soft stuff...maybe because some of them think of metal as a "manly thing"...of course i don't agree with this things but it's what most girls have told me...i actually only now other 2 girls that are really into metal...i was looked up as the strange metal girl, really don't care about it but the truth is it's quite difficult to find another metalhead girl...i mean a real one because i've known several posers that "get into metal" because of the boy they like...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
27.11.2009 - 10:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MetallicA on 27.11.2009 at 04:00
I agree with this statement.

Metal is like anything else. You have your cool people and you have your assholes...just like everything else! Just because we listen to metal does not mean we are all bad people and act like morons. Morons exist in every 'scene' or whatever you want to call it. Being a metalhead does not automatically make you a crazy serial killer. That is what I am thinking Kei's partner thinks...her partner needs to lighten up!

Exactly! Yep, I think her g/f is a bit misguided....metal does have a bad image, but mostly it's just a misconception, and people are criticising things they don't know anything about. Most non-metal people for example, probably think Cannibal Corpse are savages, and violent. Their drummer is actually a nice guy, a vegetarian, and a family man! Of course some metalheads can be morons, but you'll find that in any ''scene'' or culture, apart from maybe buddhism.

Quote:
As a matter of fact, last week someone asked me if I ever get grabbed while crowdsurfing. My reply was that I have never had a problem at a metal show...only at other shows. When I was 15 or so, I was groped really bad at a Godsmack show once...I mean they were trying to put their fingers in my cooch...since I was crowdsurfing, I did not have any control over it. They didn't succeed mostly cause I had on pants (thankfully) but at metal shows, I don't think I have ever heard a girl complain about something like that. From my experience, metalhead guys respect the metalchicks. Yeah there is the occasional butt grab but I guess that's inevitable.

Well, I live in Scotland, and the culture here, is for males to be all macho and tough. Mix that in with metal... and you get the idea! Though to be fair, I've attended tons of gigs, and only had negative experiences a handful of times. I've been groped about 3 times, which considering the amount of shows I've been to, isn't really a lot. Yeah...some guys are pervs, but that doesn't just go for metalhead guys, it goes for guys in general too. Yeah, I think youre right about butt grabbing being inevitable...it shouldnt be, but it is.

Written by nana.MD on 27.11.2009 at 05:36

I think it's because girls like the cheesy soft stuff...maybe because some of them think of metal as a "manly thing"...of course i don't agree with this things but it's what most girls have told me...i actually only now other 2 girls that are really into metal...i was looked up as the strange metal girl, really don't care about it but the truth is it's quite difficult to find another metalhead girl...i mean a real one because i've known several posers that "get into metal" because of the boy they like...

Yep, Ive always been looked at as the "weird metal chick". I myself never see any unless I go into the city centre. And even then, it's a rare sight. I also agree with your last point, I think a lot of girls "into metal" are just posers, who are into "the scene" for reasons other than the purely musical.
27.11.2009 - 23:29
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.11.2009 at 10:58

Yep, Ive always been looked at as the "weird metal chick".

You gotta love that though. It just says that you are who are, who you want to be. You like what you like, and you don't give a fuck if it's "weird". Am I right?
28.11.2009 - 00:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.11.2009 at 23:29
You gotta love that though. It just says that you are who are, who you want to be. You like what you like, and you don't give a fuck if it's "weird". Am I right?

Yep, you are right!

I've never cared if people thought I was weird, I just like what I like, and never thought about what other people may think of it. I do get some funny looks, but whatever, they're just narrow minded. One time I went to see my doctor wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt, and she was like, "Kill"? I tried very hard not to laugh!
28.11.2009 - 00:17
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.11.2009 at 00:05

Yep, you are right!

I've never cared if people thought I was weird, I just like what I like, and never thought about what other people may think of it. I do get some funny looks, but whatever, they're just narrow minded. One time I went to see my doctor wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt, and she was like, "Kill"? I tried very hard not to laugh!

hahaha it reminds me my friend who is very simple (wearings and hair and ....) but he is a really death metaller who I talked about him here on this thread. and he is a big fan of Canibal Corpse. he is a brain Dr. its very rough heheh.
28.11.2009 - 08:37
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Guest on 28.11.2009 at 00:17

Written by Angelic Storm on 28.11.2009 at 00:05

Yep, you are right!

hahaha it reminds me my friend who is very simple (wearings and hair and ....) but he is a really death metaller who I talked about him here on this thread. and he is a big fan of Canibal Corpse. he is a brain Dr. its very rough heheh.

imagine your doctor wearing a cannibal corpse shirt lol

im doing it! hahaha
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
28.11.2009 - 23:03
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by nana.MD on 28.11.2009 at 08:37

Sounds like a guy who gets the job done! >:[
28.11.2009 - 23:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious

im doing it! hahaha

I really can't imagine that at all...:|

I'd be worried if it was a surgeon or gynaecologist though!
28.11.2009 - 23:37
Ragana
Rawrcat

That would be creepy but he (or even she) couldn't be really worse than the doctor I have currently. I have to see her tomorrow, again. :<
28.11.2009 - 23:54
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.11.2009 at 23:29

im doing it! hahaha

I really can't imagine that at all...:|

I'd be worried if it was a surgeon or gynaecologist though!

or a pediatrician!! that would scare the hell out of the parents "don't touch my baby!!!"

@Ragana: why's that???
----
29.11.2009 - 00:02
Ragana
Rawrcat
What, why? Well, we could talk about other things besides my illness... that is, AT LEAST talk. My current doctor speaks less since her Latvian is really bad and I don't like her in general, but, oh, I see her only few times a year, so that's not a big deal. I really miss the connection with people who know more than me about MY health.
29.11.2009 - 00:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by nana.MD on 28.11.2009 at 23:54
or a pediatrician!! that would scare the hell out of the parents "don't touch my baby!!!"

Especially if it was a "Butchered At Birth" shirt!
29.11.2009 - 01:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Metallica - many years ago I thought metalheads stand out how other people, same bikers, best n coolest people ot, but when I saw Mourice ''Mom'' Buschar and some my biker n metalhead ''friends'' many of them was posers n assholes , morones whatever, sorry playing all time metallica on re play isnt be a mtealhead, boozing, fucking and destroy all what you can,,,,, I dont know many metahead girls, but what I do know for soem reasons I can say they are morons, i might dont like her belifes, pearing, short hair whatever, but I know amny male metelheads and I cans ay 50% are morons but girls what I know, I cant say they are, maybe not nice persons, but etleats they act like self respected , I dunno whats wrong whit it girls awlways dress betetr and never atcs like degradeted sluts , but same time men can be normal, but when get bottle be asshole,

Angelic Storm - I count my self like an outlaw, but Im mor weirdo outlaw in outlaw world 1% of 1%ers
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2009 - 00:09
VPeter
No, Girls just dislike the retarded behavior and lack of hygiene of the average metalhead
05.12.2009 - 01:12
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by VPeter on 05.12.2009 at 00:09

No, Girls just dislike the retarded behavior and lack of hygiene of the average metalhead

I'm not sure that an average metalhead really is as bad, but what can I say, I don't know all of them but I'm definitely not saying that there aren't such pigs... aye. It's just mostly I'm around very polite, nice and kind guys who happen to be metalheads.
05.12.2009 - 13:45
Saitenhexerin
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.11.2009 at 10:58

Yep, Ive always been looked at as the "weird metal chick". I myself never see any unless I go into the city centre. And even then, it's a rare sight. I also agree with your last point, I think a lot of girls "into metal" are just posers, who are into "the scene" for reasons other than the purely musical.

God, that's so true. I have the same problem!
And that's why it is different for "us", who are really into it, to be taken serious.

It happened to me, when testing guitars, that people asked me what I want "with that ugly metal thing" and they told that these things "were not for girls". I mean, are they crazy?! Well, showing them that I can play, most of them apologize, but that 's simply incredible retarded in my opinion!

And there are the normal "girly girls" who look at you in disgust. lol
I kinda enjoy that, makes me feel special^^
Let's face it, we're a dying breed...but an exclusive one

To every female metalhead out there: Stay tuned and be proud of yourself!

...defendresses (? ) of the faith.... ^^
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
05.12.2009 - 14:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 05.12.2009 at 01:12

Written by VPeter on 05.12.2009 at 00:09

I'm not sure that an average metalhead really is as bad, but what can I say, I don't know all of them but I'm definitely not saying that there aren't such pigs... aye. It's just mostly I'm around very polite, nice and kind guys who happen to be metalheads.

Well some of guys can be like lil pigs, but metalheads live ''on street'' so ewery hour shour is not posible, but mainly men pigs are alcoholics, drug addicts and ''urlas'' but generaly wom,en care more about such thinks how men ,
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2009 - 16:14
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Saitenhexerin on 05.12.2009 at 13:45

Let's face it, we're a dying breed...

Judging by my experiences, I would suggest that this isn't true. Like I've sorta hinted at before, I find that the females I've known (of) to have a strong interest in hard rock and metal are people who really into music and have a fairly varied taste in music. I can actually say the same thing for most guys I know too. I think the "problem" may lie in people just not being all into music in general. I don't know why, put it would seem that a number of guys who are truly into music outnumber girls by a great amount. So if this is true, it is only natural for a small number of females to dig heavier rock.

*Oh, and by one being "into music", I'm not talking about the kinda person that is spoon fed all the hottest singles by radio and MTV2 and that sums up to all they choose to know and listen to.... regardless if they like rock music or not. Personally, I've *never* met anyone who is gets passionate over the latest Nickelback track or whatnot.*

Oh yeah, nice Judas Priest reference too.