Metal Storm logo
The Last Concert You Attended

Original post

Posted by Deadsoulman, 16.10.2007 - 09:33
Ok people, like the old one, this is the place to tell us your latest concert experiences!

I'll start by pasting my last message in the old thread:

I saw Behemoth, Kataklysm, Aborted and Lyfthrasyr on Sunday.

As I may write a report about this one, I won't say much. Just that Kataklysm, and above all Behemoth, were amazing. Really. Absolutely amazing. I've been blown away, even if it was the third time this year I was seeing Behemoth live (after the No Mercy fest and the Hellfest). But, as headliners, they are even better.

Ok, I'll just give you the setlists of the last two bands, for those who care
Setlist Kataklysm:
Like Angels (Weeping The Dark)
Let Them Burn
Ambassador Of Pain
The Resurrected
Crippled & Broken
Serenity In Fire
1999:6661:2000
Where The Enemy Sleeps...
Beyond Salvation
As I Slither
Face The Face Of War
Manipulator Of Souls
In Shadows And Dust

Setlist Behemoth:
Rome 64 C.E.
Slaying The Prophets Of Isa
Antichristian Phenomenon
Demigod
From The Pagan Vastlands
Prometherion
Conquer All
Christgrinding Avenue
Drum Solo
Slaves Shall Serve
As Above So Below
Summoning Of the Ancient Gods
Christians To The Lions
Decade Of Therion
Chant For Eschaton 2000

Encore:
I Got Erection (Turbonegro cover)

To reply to another post in the old thread, both bands played approximately 75 minutes.

Next to come is Enslaved and Keep Of Kalessin tomorrow
15.10.2011 - 21:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Symphony X in Lisbon yesterday.

It was truly wonderful. First time I saw one of my favs bands for the first time. Russell Allen was the surprise of the night for me. The man has so much energy that he basically distributes it to all the people in the audience. I had no ideia he was so energetic and wild, in a way. His voice is really stable live too, I thought it would be difficult to deliver live what he does on the records, but he did very well. It was a treat to watch this band play most of the whole new album and Michael Romeo was wonderful. It was too damn hot, as usual over here, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. I would have liked to see a longer set but I understand we have 3 bands in this tour so. I would love to see more Paradise Lost songs in the future. Headbanged like hell, my neck hurts but that means I had fun, most of the times.

Also managed to watch a bit of Pagan's Mind but they really didn't convince me. The last song was good, but I guess they didn't grab my attention, although a lot of people there seemed to enjoy their set. Missed DGM, apparently they played sooner than everybody else expected.

Riverside in Lisbon on October 7th

Another first time with one of my favs bands. This has been a great year for seeing bands for the first time and luckily none of them disappointed. Some people expected more from this show and were disappointed but I really don't share that opinion at all. We had songs from every album, we even had "The Ultimate Trip", which is one of my favourite songs from RIM, I really liked that moment. The band was so relaxed with the audience and being the first time, that was surprising. But the coziness of the room helped to bring the band and the audience closer, I think. The place was packed and I was happy to see a lot of people watching this great progressive band. I never know if people will end up showing up at this "rare" gigs but the truth is that they always do. There was no opening band for the shows in Portugal, which was fine by me, I only wanted to see Riverside anyway. I was in the front row and the sound was amazing. Cried in the first riffs of the opening song, "After". It happens to me a lot, get emotional with "my bands", so I'm really not ashamed to share that. It just means the music really touches me. The songs of the new EP work really well live. I would've loved to have seen some more obscure songs they usually don't play, but this is an Anniversary tour, so it's normal they don't go there. They told us they would be back when they tour next year in support of their new album. I hope they keep that promise. The people who were there to check out the band were convinced. I loved it and I hope to see them again very soon.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.11.2011 - 00:59
Pierre Tombale
Elite
A tremendous first concert of Iced Earth with their new singer a few weeks back.
A great performance and excellently accompanied by Fury UK and White Wizzard (who were mind blowing on that evening)
26.11.2011 - 06:29
Misfit74
Abysmal Dawn and Obscura.

Abysmal Dawn was fantastic and certainly had the best set, best sound, and was the best band at the event. I though Obscura would be better, though I wouldn't say they were bad. They headlined the show and performed well but their material and sound was inferior to Abysmal Dawn's.
26.11.2011 - 22:24
Orobas
I saw GWAR (lol) on the 19th of November. Never experienced a stage show like that. It seemed watered down since Cory Smoot passed.
----
http://www.facebook.com/invertedcrosstx
28.11.2011 - 16:51
NLthrasher
Last concert: Warbringer + Lazarus AD + Landmine Marathon + Diamond Plate
Warbringer was kick ass as always!
01.12.2011 - 23:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I saw Mournful Congregation last night. There were hundreds of people crammed into a tiny bar in Seattle for them, compared to like 20 people total at a legitimate venue for Candlemass a couple of years ago wtf

Also saw Mayhem last week
01.12.2011 - 23:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Huh. Seems like people favor new music when it comes to doom (mind you, one is a classic epic doom band and the other a relatively well-known* funeral doom band).

* well-known by funeral doom standards anyway
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.12.2011 - 00:13
ß
Problem?
My goal is to see a Funeral Doom play once in my lifetime.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
02.12.2011 - 00:25
Dechef
Textures in my hometown no less. I can die happy now, it was wonderful in too many ways to count, even better than the last time it happened.
Funny guys, too.
08.12.2011 - 06:08
Sacrificial
Entombed with support from The Graviators in Karlshamn, Sweden
08.12.2011 - 16:22
I just saw Dir En Grey lol
11.12.2011 - 19:56
DEHUMANIZED!!!

http://youtu.be/ILDujrUEfX4
12.12.2011 - 02:43
ß
Problem?
I think you got your point across the first time.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
13.12.2011 - 15:13
benvolent
I saw Cynic and Chimp Spanner yesterday. Cynic sounded great and the mix of older and newer songs was very enjoyable. But unfortunately it is a completely heartless retort-band. The younger additional guitar- and bass-players don't show the least effort to hide their lack of passion. I mean, they play perfectly, even the growls are more than ok, but it is obvious, that they just see it as a job. Paul Masvidal seems to communicate only with Sean Reinert, it looks weird. And I really hope, they find some musicians, who contribute a bit more energy in this music. This show was far from bad, but the atmosphere on stage was almost scaring.

Chimp Spanner is a nice Fusion Prog Instrumental whatsoever Act from the UK. Perfect warm-up fpr Masvidals Solo-Masturbation-Fest! They are technically very blessed. I tend to miss the vocals/growls in such bands though.
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
21.12.2011 - 03:38
Richard 32
I saw Animals As Leaders, Tesseract, and Between the Buried and Me in Austin.
Of course, Animals was kick-ass. Tesseract was surprisingly good - the vocals would normally get old but in the live atmosphere they worked quite well.
21.12.2011 - 03:48
Lit.
Account deleted
Devin Townsend w/ The Ocean. Along with an opening act called the Long Cold Dark, which was pretty good.
Sick as fuck. With the setlist we went from dancing (Bad Devil) to straight-up moshing (Juular) to peaceful tranquility (Coast).
Made a new friend, too.
21.12.2011 - 04:08
Ísak Petersen
Account deleted
GWAR in Lübeck, Germany.. amazing show.. loads of blood and sperm..
22.12.2011 - 15:58
Beer Fairy
Sodom
09.04.2012 - 11:27
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Decapitated
Mayhem
Orphaned Land
Vader
09.04.2012 - 19:15
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I saw a couple of doom bands last week, Stone Axe, Cultura Tres and Stubb, but before that, Triptykon, Enslaved and Cannibal Corpse, which was good apart from Enslaved shamefully short setlist.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
09.04.2012 - 23:24
Mattybu
Saw Mastodon, Opeth, and Ghost a couple days ago.

Ghost was definitely the highlight. Brilliant live show.
10.04.2012 - 11:50
I saw Opeth a few days ago.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
16.04.2012 - 16:27
webbed_sin
Last concert i attended was Fleshgod Apocalypse as an international band of the detonation tour,obviously they ate me alive amongst others, Warthane (SA) and Bleeding spawn were epic,Bile of man who played for almost a full hour as it was a hightened band made me come blood! lost interest into the second song
----
Perfection or vanity
17.04.2012 - 00:02
Lit.
Account deleted
Onslaught W/ Mpire of Evil. The place was kind of empty, but everyone who was there made sure everyone else had a good time.
Mpire may be a rehash of Venom but they're fun as hell live. Got to shake hands with Mantas and Demolition Man.
Onslaught was awesome. Great performance.
I think I almost got a blowjob from a girl wearing a Coroner shirt. I bought a pin from her and she was awfully touchyfeely putting it on for me. Didn't seem to mind me staring at her tits when she did it, neither. Damn it, why didn't I do anything?

Also:
17.04.2012 - 00:57
Zombie94
Amon Amarth in Dublin. They were class, best live band I've seen!
20.04.2012 - 00:08
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Saw GWAR and Municipal Waste. Was for sure one of the best concerts ive ever been to. I was covered in blood from head to toe, just totally drenched in it. The pit was really nice as well for both bands, just really slippery during GWAR though because of all the blood. There was an extreme amount of punks and metalheads there plus a couple of buff dudes with giant curly moustaches.
02.06.2012 - 20:17
Abattoir
Staff
Jex Thoth

A very solid performance and enjoyable mesmerizing atmosphere. Also the one thing that postitively impressed me was the whole sound, which was in comparison to the album ones, much heavier and crushing.
06.06.2012 - 02:40
Alakazam
spendin' cheese

Black Sabbath.

Yeh Ozzy chuck a bucket of ice right at my face and the guy on my right got grazed by it. I luckily got Geezer's pick and my concert was filmed.

I may go and see Gojira soon .....dunno.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

20.06.2012 - 14:26
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Guest on 21.12.2011 at 04:08

GWAR in Lübeck, Germany.. amazing show.. loads of blood and sperm..

I'm guessing this was when you were tracking at Lasse's?

Anyway I saw Kreator and Suidakara along with some local bands. Kreator were awesome. I'm not a big fan, but I definitely enjoyed the set.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
20.06.2012 - 16:27
Zombie94
Saw Aborted last night. Sven is a great frontman with a good sense of humour: "This next song is about killing hippies with a shovel!" Definitely one of the more energetic gigs I've been too, just a shame it was such a small and relatively unenthusiastic crowd. Had to start my own circle pit with 2 other friends