Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
24.08.2007 - 13:10
Black Winter
No I meant Kreator, last time I heard an interview with DT in Germany and they said that they are touring with "mighty Kreator" and "learning from the best" those comments I didn't like because I think DT is actually more important than Kreator and have bigger audience, hey it could be just me for I think Kreator are a joke, maybe not funnier than the current bands DT are touring with, maybe it's just like you said trying to get bigger amount of audience, although I might disagree with that, from my observation I think DT don't care about the amount of people who come to their shows.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
24.08.2007 - 13:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Black Winter on 24.08.2007 at 13:10

No I meant Kreator, last time I heard an interview with DT in Germany and they said that they are touring with "mighty Kreator" and "learning from the best" those comments I didn't like because I think DT is actually more important than Kreator and have bigger audience, hey it could be just me for I think Kreator are a joke, maybe not funnier than the current bands DT are touring with, maybe it's just like you said trying to get bigger amount of audience, although I might disagree with that, from my observation I think DT don't care about the amount of people who come to their shows.

Aha I see. i agree with you on Kreator I don't like them at all, although they are the least worse of the big german thrash bands, but unfrotunately they have been very important and influenced a lot of bands.

DT doesn't care that much about the amount of people coming to their shows I think, but they were put on this tour by their label who clearly do care about numbers. Else it can't be explained that at the end of June the guys of DT were sure they were going to open for Iced Earth.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.08.2007 - 13:54
RavenLord
Written by Black Winter on 24.08.2007 at 13:10

Don't forget that Kreator would have influenced DT in the early 90's. At least, Stanne's work on 'The Gallery' has more than a hint of Mille's vocals about it, and they covered 'Bringer of Torture' as well. For DT, touring with Kreator is, undoubtedly, fulfilling their dreams.

And comparing Kreator to bands like Chimaira and Soilwork is just silly. Even if you don't care for Kreator much, they blow those bands out of the water.
----
24.08.2007 - 14:15
Black Winter
Written by RavenLord on 24.08.2007 at 13:54

Don't forget that Kreator would have influenced DT in the early 90's. At least, Stanne's work on 'The Gallery' has more than a hint of Mille's vocals about it, and they covered 'Bringer of Torture' as well. For DT, touring with Kreator is, undoubtedly, fulfilling their dreams.

And comparing Kreator to bands like Chimaira and Soilwork is just silly. Even if you don't care for Kreator much, they blow those bands out of the water.

okay..maybe, but when you start a band, you certainly have such dreams about famous bands but then you come to a time when you must accept that YOUR band is as famous and as good as your old favourite bands,and maybe better than them so you actually start acting that way and tour with bands that are more similar to your band's style and let go your childish views.
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
24.08.2007 - 14:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Black Winter on 24.08.2007 at 14:15

Written by RavenLord on 24.08.2007 at 13:54

...and tour with bands that are more similar to your band's style and let go your childish views.

I totally disagree here, as do most artists I am sure. As band you want to offer a line-up as varied as possible. Which is much more interesting than four bands of the same style.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.08.2007 - 14:40
Black Winter
all I wanted to say is that Dark Tranquillty should understand that they are no longer an amature band and that they are way better than Kreator,some self-appreciation wouldn't hurt
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
24.08.2007 - 20:54
RavenLord
Ummm, I would really get some perspective here. Dark Tranquillity are still not famous enough to live off their music (at least, last time I checked); they can't afford to have such an attitude about the bands they tour with. And besides, to open for Kreator is to access a wider audience, which they can't really afford to say 'no' to.

Besides, I find Kreator to be a much stronger live band, and I'm sure, from what they say, that DT find them excellent, as well, which is why they toured with them. Funnily enough, a band you follow may have different opinions to you, and they are allowed to do what they like!
----
25.08.2007 - 23:33
Black Winter
Written by RavenLord on 24.08.2007 at 20:54

Ummm, I would really get some perspective here. Dark Tranquillity are still not famous enough to live off their music (at least, last time I checked); they can't afford to have such an attitude about the bands they tour with. And besides, to open for Kreator is to access a wider audience, which they can't really afford to say 'no' to.

Besides, I find Kreator to be a much stronger live band, and I'm sure, from what they say, that DT find them excellent, as well, which is why they toured with them. Funnily enough, a band you follow may have different opinions to you, and they are allowed to do what they like!

well go here and see the classification of featured bands by number of fans, you will not take time to find Dark Tranquillity omong the firsts while the other bands like Kreator are way less rated that means they are a stronger band no?
yes DT are free to do whatever they like and I am free to disagree and say my opinion about it .
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
26.08.2007 - 13:33
RavenLord
Written by Black Winter on 25.08.2007 at 23:33

well go here and see the classification of featured bands by number of fans, you will not take time to find Dark Tranquillity omong the firsts while the other bands like Kreator are way less rated that means they are a stronger band no?
yes DT are free to do whatever they like and I am free to disagree and say my opinion about it .

Because, as we know, a popular band is automatically a good one... ¬_¬

Besides, touring with Kreator gives them access to an audience of Kreator (and more general thrash fans), who may not have bothered with DT before.
----
26.08.2007 - 22:28
Bitch Boy
I agree with Ravenlord, and I also think that if DT is to "open" for Kreator is because they consider them a really good band, no matter if DT has more fans. For me DT is better but in the metal world and as an influence I think that Kreator may be more important.
31.08.2007 - 18:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Did this just turn to a "Dark Tranquillity vs Kreator" thread?
----
31.08.2007 - 22:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by RavenLord on 26.08.2007 at 13:33

Written by Black Winter on 25.08.2007 at 23:33

Besides, touring with Kreator gives them access to an audience of Kreator (and more general thrash fans), who may not have bothered with DT before.

Exactly... see what Detonation has to say on this in the interview I did with them (I just realised that because of mentioning Detonation here I am also guilty of keeping the Dark Tranquillity Detonation comparison alive )
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.09.2007 - 22:23
Black Winter
okay I give up there's something right about your posts guys after all, the truth is,I don't like Kreator and Soilwork
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
06.09.2007 - 20:22
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A two-part video interview with Dark Tranquillity conducted at the Bang Your Head festival in Balingen (Germany) can be viewed here: part 1 and part 2.
06.09.2007 - 23:22
Amrott
the aforementioned interviews Mikael states that his 3rd overall favorite album is Extreme Aggression by KREATOR!! so here you go!
21.10.2007 - 23:42
metfan
Account deleted
22.10.2007 - 11:19
Fuath
love em. absolutely love em, my fave album is character and my fave song is out of nothing, such a good song, i wouldnt mind getting the new album
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

14.11.2007 - 04:49
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I love Kreator, but I do agree that DT is a bit more important then they are. DT is more important then alot of bands though.
----
Coldgrits
17.11.2007 - 00:22
Piro
Lol@interview part II really entertaining, but I have to say, they both seemed a bit drunk. Great band as well.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
17.11.2007 - 21:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
For everyone that likes dark tranquillity and for music lovers I recommend this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr70Qq1AD9Y

Piano versions of dark tranquillity's songs. Its unbelievable.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.11.2007 - 15:44
Piro
That was amazing... I watched the whole thing. Really sounded like DT as well.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
18.11.2007 - 17:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Yes it is extraordinary really. It sounds beautiful in the piano too.
----

My Instagram
18.11.2007 - 18:54
Piro
Agreed. Who knew metal would sound so great played on a piano...
----
18.11.2007 - 21:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It just shows how great songwriters they are I think.
----

My Instagram
05.02.2008 - 22:17
Ernis
狼獾
"Fiction" is very good....The melodies are grand, the guitar and piano passages are awesome....
07.02.2008 - 14:14
naemah
My favourite DT album is Damage Done, even though sometimes i prefere the atmosphere of Character...
----
"Nothing is more real than nothing." (Samuel Beckett)
10.02.2008 - 05:21
NotTheChanster
Account deleted
Too hard for me to pick just one album out of their entire discography...

Out of all their albums though my favorites would have to be The Gallery, Damage Done and Character.
10.02.2008 - 19:35
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
My favourite album must be Fiction. It's more simple than the others, but still has the energy that DT always had. It's very melancholic and dark, very atmospheric. It's just flawless album.
10.02.2008 - 22:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 10.02.2008 at 19:35

My favourite album must be Fiction. It's more simple than the others, but still has the energy that DT always had. It's very melancholic and dark, very atmospheric. It's just flawless album.

How is it more simple? I always saw it as a complex piece.
----

My Instagram
10.02.2008 - 22:29
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by BloodTears on 10.02.2008 at 22:02

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 10.02.2008 at 19:35

How is it more simple? I always saw it as a complex piece.

Well, if you compare it to Character you hear that the riffs are more simple, and also the songs structures. It's more straight forward, and not to many things going on in the same time. And as I'm aware that's what the DT guys wanted to as well, and whenever you listen to Character you always find something new in the background, in Fiction there are not all that much things in the background. At least that's how I see it.